Lemniscate

*CLOSE* Two Dimensions in One

Which title do you like?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Snowstorm

Waking up to bright sun, Snowstorm got up and ruffled her feathers. Starting to preen, she got ready to fly. Looking over at the others, she asked Shinrei "What do we eat? Or will we be eating while traveling?"

user posted imageUnit-JOI

---------------------

JOI looked down at the glasses. "What are these for? Oooh, I want to try, I want to try!" He put the glasses on and flew around. He did end up running into quite a few trees, but there was no deterrence in his voice. "Oh, this is sooooooooo fun!"

user posted imageShinrei

---------------------

Shinrei was still a little bit shaken when she saw the others begin to stir. She leaped down from her perch and greeted Snowstorm. "Either works, I suppose. I had a... rough night, so I'm in no rush. I don't know what Honoo'll think, though. He seems to really miss Kuro. Speaking of, I think I should go check on him. Want to come?" Honoo was still asleep, his giant legs dangling off his branch. Shinrei slowly crept up on him to try and gently wake him, but at her tiny poke her promtly fell out of the tree. "Honoo! Holy Groudon, I'm so sorry!" She blushed bright red and stepped back as the Blaziken slowly got up and mumbled to himself. "We were just... um... getting up, and we were wondering what you wanted to do?" She looked at him sheepishly. After settling down his feathers, Honoo looked down at the dirt and began to sketch. After marking down their are, he pointed across the water. "Oh, that's Route 110! With the Seaside Cycling Road and everything! And so that must be... Mauville City!" Her partner nodded. "OK then, it must be settled. Snowstorm, go get Jax. We're going now!"

user posted imageHonoo

---------------------

Honoo was in a restless mood when morning came. He had had an anxious and dreamless sleep from not having Kuro around. As such, Shinrei's light touch had practically terrified him and sent him straight out of his tree. As Shinrei stepped back and apologized, he decided it would just be better to answer her question. "Well," he said, "This is us. That is where we need to go." He drew markings and paths all over the dirt, and nodded at the Gardevoirs comment. "Yes, exactly. Mauville feels like a good relay point," he said "But we don't have all day! Go get the others!"

SNowstorm

Snowstorm nodded and picked up the others on her back using her wings. Making sure they were stable, she took off into the air.

(Very short post sorry)

Jax was still sleeping with his feet in the air. His tail moved and hung right infront of Shinrei's face. He was enjoying a dream were he was at a table with every singe berry know on the table and he go to eat them all.

user posted imageShinrei

---------------------

The embrace Pokemon ate a treasured Lum berry, then walked over and gently shook Jax. After that, she wandered a little up the hill and up to the water's edge. Short, tiny laps tickled her feet and she giggled when they tickled her. She created her own gravity, so earthly limits did not affect her, making for easy means of levitating across. Snowstorm could fly over, of course, and Jax could hitch a ride on either. The only problem now was Honoo. How was that big, awkward Pokemon planing to get across? Certainly not via swimming; fire plus water did not equal good. She sat down and thought. She remembered the time she had fought a different Blaziken in a tourney with her old trainer. "What did his Pokedex say again?" she thought. "Oh yes, I remember now. 'Blaziken has incredibly strong legs - it can easily clear a 30-story building in one leap.' Leap!" She got up and ran over to her friend. "Honoo, I think you'll, er... have to jump the lake."

Edited by Psycho Cat

Jax wakes up and falls out of the tree. He claws onto the tree to stop his fall and slowly slides the tree. He then jumps down and eats any berries he finds until it's time to go.

Snowstorm

Seeing a berry bush, she lands and eats some. Picking a branch with plenty of berries on it, she snaps the branch off and freezes all the berries using ice beam. Picking the branch up she tells Honoo and Shinrei "I froze some berries that we could eat as snacks"

((It appears we're all RPing in the present tense. Well, I'm sorry, but I don't thing I'll follow that trend :I))

user posted imageShinrei

---------------------

She looked down at the berries and nodded. "OK guys," Shinrei said "I think we're finally ready to go." Loosening the gravity around her, Shinrei slowly began to float up. As soon as she was around five feet up, she began to took long, graceful strides atop the air until she was going at a reasonably fast pace above the water. Below her the waves twisted and knotted in funny ways because of the disturbance she was creating, but after the whole of about three minutes, she was across the river. "Come on over!" she called across. "There's nothing over here that could be a threat!" "Or at least I hope..." A painful memory of the Skarmory that had seemed to come out of nowhere stabbed her, and without Kuro to predict its arrival again, how would the foursome have any defense against a second attack?

user posted imageHonoo

---------------------

Honoo looked down at the berries with a half smile. Maybe it was just a natural Fire-type instinct, but whatever it was, he really did not like cold things. Figuring he'd just have to thaw them out later, he turned and walked over to the shore. Shinrei was already partially across, and Snowstorm readying for flight, and he knew he'd have to get over at some point. "Relax, Honoo," he told himself. "It's just a river. You can jump it. You won't fall in." He bunched his legs and focused cleanly on the opposite shore. It seemed far away. Very. Far. Away. The Blaziken was honestly terrified at that point. What if he fell in? What if he drowned? Then, he did it. He closed his eyes and jumped at an incredible height. For a few seconds he was just floating in the air. Then he found himself scrabbling for land on the beach. "I made it!" he yelled triumphantly "I made it and I didn't die!"

Jax smiled, "I guess that leaves us Snow!" He jumped onto her back with the berries in a small bag he found. He tied the bag around his back and got ready for take off. "All on you Snowstorm!"

((Hey, not forcing or anything, but what if it were the same Skarmory that got Kuro?))

((Okay.))

Snowstorm

Snowstorm took off and was almost at the shore, when there was a loud cry. Reacting quickly, she tossed Jax off of her back and on to shore. A moment later, the same Skamory that had taken Kuro smashed into her with Steel Wing. It was super effective, and caused her to drop the branch of berries she was holding. The Skarmory dived at the berries and ate them up even though they were frozen. 'Even though I have a type disadvantage, I have to attack the Skarmory! It might come back later if I let it go.' she thought. She fired and Ice Beam at the Skarmory's wings, then its eyes, hoping to immoblize it or blind it. The Skamory stopped for a bit, then shook offf the light coating of frost and charged again.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

((How did Snowstorm know it was the same one who'd taken Kuro? blink.gif ))

user posted imageUnit-JOI

---------------------

((Plot bump))

user posted imageMiku

---------------------

Miku was still a little grumpy, and surprised as well. "Why would Kuro defend an illusion so fiercely?" she thought worriedly. "One would think that of all the Pokemon to see around a trick like that, he would be the only person to be able to do it. He is an Absol, after all." He must've still been holding a grudge on her anyways, because when he came out himself he gave her a cold glare. "What is your problem!" she yelled angrily "All I do is save you - multiple time I may add - and you give me the evil eye!" He didn't reply. He just looked at her for a second before walking in the opposite direction. "And good riddance," she thought with an annoyed flick of her tails. But as he got farther and farther away, she couldn't stop herself from getting up and bounding over to him. "Wait, Kuro!" she said, sprinting to catch up. "Oh bother," she said when she finally caught him "I wish I didn't feel so much pity for you. Now come on, the shore is this way." She left out the part about how far away it was. Or that she had no idea where Hoenn was and was really just guessing.

user posted imageKuro

---------------------

Kuro, who was beginning to soak up the situation. Miku could read minds! He'd certainly gotten a bad vibe from her, but not on the same scale he got from disasters. It was an easy mistake for him to let his guard down, but he still gave himself a mental scolding. He came out of his 'den' in a sour mood. When Miku approached, he just glared and turned away. She began to get mad, and yelled at him some, but in all, Kuro was unfazed. "My problem? Who's the one invading the other's privacy!" he thought. He still took a moment to decide if, no matter how much he hated her, he should stay with the Suicune or not, but he decided it just wasn't worth it. So still slightly limping, he turned around and started walking, with or without his guide. He didn't look back, even when he heard his name called. But she still kept running. When she finally caught him, she began trying to redirect him, and he really had no choice but to oblige.

user posted imageShinrei

---------------------

Shinrei was unable to move when the screech sounded. Her legs turned to concrete, and all she could do was watch as the Skarmory slammed into Snowstorm. When it turned, a fresh looking scar adorned his face. She knew which Skarmory this was. "Honoo!" she yelled frantically. She thought he could take it down easily. But would he really risk himself drowning again? It was up to the Blaziken to make that choice.

user posted imageHonoo

---------------------

Honoo was finally composing himself when he heard someone let out a yowl. He turned to see Shinrei frozen in panic, and Snowstorm battling a Skarmory; it wasn't really a good situation for anyone! His partner desperately called to him, and he knew why. But he looked down at the water in terror. Either he risked drowning, or left his friend to her own. Sighing, he got up and starred past the river. "Ok," he thought. "This is it. I have to help Snowstorm!" He jumped across the river and slammed his powerful talons into the Skarmory, spouting burning flames and landing a powerful Blaze Kick. After that, he promptly fell into the water. "Help!" he called while frantically struggling against the sweeping current.

Edited by Psycho Cat

Jax lost track of time when he was flung off of Snowstorm's back an landed face first in the sand, but it wasn't sand he hit. Something hard that started to move. Jax jumped back as a Krabby un-buried itself from the sand. Jax shook his head and watched the Crab Pokemon angrily move side to side. Suddenly 20+ mounds of sand moved as more Krabby un-buried themselves as angry as the first. Finally two more mounds shifted. This time though the one mound was a Kingler and the second was its massive claw. Jax prepared for the worst, he couldn't take them all on by himself...

user posted imageShinrei

---------------------

Shinrei watched in horror as her friend fell into the water and was swept away. Almost immediately unfrozen, she prepared to jump in when Jax yelped out his own pity. She turned to see several Krabby and a leading Kingler cornering the poor Eevee. She was slightly intimidated, but finally managed to use her Psychic to lift all the Pokemon and toss them into the water. All except one. That stubborn Kingler had hauled itself back onto the shore and was looking anything but happy. "Uh, oops?" Shinrei said, backing away. "Hey Jax, this is probably a good time to run away." She, however, was going to stay behind no matter what and save Honoo.

When Jax saw the Krabbys removed from the shore he turned only to be hit to the side by the Kingler. Jax got back to his feet and readied himself. When he heard Shinrei's yell for him to run, he smiled. He couldn't take on an army, but a Kingler was no problem for him. The Kingler made its way to him, Jax's tail started to shine like iron.

((Snowstorm doesn't. I put that in since you wanted it))

Snowstorm

Snowstorm dropped in the air for a bit in surprise, before reacting. Diving down at Honoo, she picked him up slowly out of the water. His feet and legs were still in the water, as she couldn't lift him completely. Flying like this to shore, she dropped Honoo on the ground.

((Oh, I see. I use third person limited to post, while you use third person omniscient. I guess it's just a matter of preference.))

user posted imageHonoo

---------------------

Honoo fell with a blunt thump. He was still hyperventilating as if he were in the water. He'd completely forgotten about the Skarmory for the moment, but it didn't seem like it would be coming back anytime soon, not after taking a Blaze Kick to the face. He lie down in the sand, and although the gritty stuff was getting all over his feathers, it felt a lot better to be on land. Shinrei raced over and fretted as if he had just been mauled be Rayquaza itself, but to poor Honoo that was exactly what it felt like. He just stayed there, unable to move if he tried.

user posted imageShinrei

---------------------

The Gardevoir stopped worrying about Jax for a moment when Honoo was dropped by Snowstorm onto the Beach. "Honoo!" she yelled, running over. He was drenched, and now covered in sand, but she came anyway. "Oh please be alive. Oh please oh please oh please!" He coughed a little, and then sat still, but he was alive. "Thank Groudon, you're alive!""

Jax jumped to the side avoided the Crab Hammer attack that crashed into the ground where he just was. He smirked as his tail was readied and turned to whip the Iron Tail into the Kingler's body. The giant crab staggered back to recover from the strong blow. It then turn and fired a Bubblebeam which Jax easily could outrun. Spiraling inward to the Kingler, Jax readied Iron Tail again and uppercut the Kingler into the air. It landed with a loud thud, eyes swirled in a KO. Jax smiled at his victory but turned in horror as a massive wave of Krabby skittered, toward him. He took Shinrei's advice and ran for his life.

Snowstorm

Seeing a wave of Krabby, she sent a blizzard toward them to slow them. Seeing as Honoo wasn't making an effort to move, she dragged him.

user posted imageShinrei

---------------------

Shinrei sat down and sighed. "Well, as much as I don't want to waste time, I think we all need- no, scratch that, deserve a break." she declared. Look, there are a few trees nearby. Let's sit in the shade for a moment before continuing."

((I'm so sorry, PC, I've been busy!))

Churza nodded and left. He came back an hour later with his arms and mouth filled with berries. He leaned against the trunk and started munching happily. "Sure you son,t want some?" He asked, waving an Oran berry. "It'll make you feel better."

Jax ran up to Shinrei and brushed the sand off of him. "I couldn't... *huff* agree more... *huff*" Jax laid out flat on him stomach exhausted. He could take the fight but running for his life was something he could never get use to.

((Now look who's not posting? *insert le sheepish facepalm* I kept telling myself "Roxy, you gotta post," and then, of course, I never did sleep.gif'))

user posted imageMukudori

---------------------

Muku looked at the berry, tempted by its fresh aroma. But his sour belly rumbled in protest, and he had to turn it away. "Thank you, really, but I simply cannot. Maybe later, but now is not an... appealing time for snacks. Later would be more appealing, so let's just.. go. Please." He grabbed the Orb and glided down the tree, hoping the a Pokemon who naturally lived in the forest would be able to climb down a tree at the very least. Ho kicked aside a little napping Bidoof in an attempt to vent his anger, which was not very fair to the Bidoof, but he didn't care. He'd been dealing with his 'problem' now for a very long time, but for some reason―perhaps because of Churza's presence―his pride had been toned down extra that morning, and for him loss of pride came with a lot of hurt.