Lemniscate

*CLOSE* Two Dimensions in One

Which title do you like?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

user posted imageUnit-JOI

---------------------

JOI was happily 'walking' around, doing what appeared to be enjoying the rather nice weather. He was humming an incredibly random song and was mispronouncing a lot of the words, but nonetheless seemed not to mind at all. "If it isn't a nice day!" he said. "But why is it nice? It could have been cloudy, or rainy, or night time, but it's not! Just like I could be here... or there!" he pointed to a spot two inches from where he hovered. "Or with them, too." He was beginning to take notice of a little group. One a young male human, one a Garchomp, and two... he didn't know. "Silph didn't teach me that," he pondered. So without hesitation, he wondered over without caring about what might be considered possible danger. "Hello ♪" he said gleefully. "I noticed that you are accompanied by two unidentifiable lifeforms! Did you make them? Oh please, teach me how to make them! Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease!?"

Edited by Psycho Cat

Vio stared at the pokemon. "W-w-well a-actually we-I mea-I mean-" He sighed. He hated stuttering. "Well, actually, Shark and I didn't actually create them..." He said before taking a deep breath. "They said they were from a different d-dimension, s-so..." He did a nervous smile. Vio searched around his pockets to find a pokedex, and recorded information. "Oh. You're a Porygon-Z..." He read off the information. Vio then noticed Shark walking over towards him. "Hey Shark, I just figured out that this pokemon is a Porygon Z-" He was cut off and hit in the head by Shark. "You figured that out after years and years of reading Pokemon guides. Holy Jirachi, what a genius!" He sarcastically said. Vio moaned out in pain as he rubbed his head. "J-just telling ya Sharky-" Vio was hit in the head again. "Yeah, don't call me "Sharky," please." The Garchomp said.

Edited by Jass

---------------------

The Pokemon looked over at these odd things, tilting his already detached head in a curious look. "Well I've been to all sorts of dimensions, and I've never seen them before!" He started dancing around the new creatures as he sang the same song from earlier, with the exact mispronounced words and everything. "Wouldn't Silph like to see this!" he commented "Wouldn't the headmaster throw an absolute fit! Or maybe he wouldn't. I think he may have seen them before. I saw a tiny orange one before being kicked out. I guess the tiny orange one was really important, and if Silph thought a tiny orange one was important, then really big golden ones must be REALLY important!" He shot a happy Zap Cannon into the sky before going back to the Garchomp. "I'll bet that didn't scare you! You're immune. But that's Ok! Ice-type is really powerful, so you can be afraid of that if you want!" JOI bobbed up and down while humming a song he had once heard.

Edited by Psycho Cat

"W-w-wha-what's your nammeee...?" Vio moaned, still in great pain from Shark's attack. He sat in a corner and rubbed his head. Shark turned his attention to the Porygon-Z. "Yes, what is your name?" He said with a glare. He hoped that the pokemon was more responsible and intelligent than his own trainer. Its singing and humming like a kid...Oh boy... The Garchomp sighed. It was most likely that the pokemon had more of a inexperienced personality to him. I swear I've been reduced to a high ranked baby-sitter.... He thought. Cheese, just because Vio caught me somehow....Actually, how was I caught by Vio anyway? He asked himself mentally. Shark seemed to forget how he was obtained by Vio, despite him traveling along with the boy for a while.

Edited by Jass

---------------------

"I am Unit-JOI." he replied proudly "The Silph Headmaster gave me that name, and I like it! I like it a lot!" He closed his eyes and thought back. "Mmm, yes. That was a while back, though. Far, far away from here, too. I'd say it was back in Kanto if I should remember right! Memories, sweet memories ♪" JOI turned back to the Garchomp. "But as you might guess, that doesn't matter anymore! It was long ago. Or maybe not. Certainly not today! So tell me, strangers, what are your names?"

"I'm Vio, and that's Sharky-" Vio was hit again. "Stop calling me Sharky! It sounds ridiculous and- oh. Wait, I think he fainted." He calmly said. Shark poked Vio, hoping that the boy would react. "Ow...." Vio said quietly, trying not to cry. "...Nope. Never mind, he's fine, he's becoming a man." Shark sighed in relief. "And for a second there, I thought you would've cried...." He smiled for a second before wiping it off. "Yeah, I'm Shark, and that's Vio, the boy who said ow." He focused his attention back on JOI.

---------------------

"Oooh, such pretty names!" JOI said happily. "I wish my name was that pretty. If my name were Veo, then we could both be Veo, and that would be so much fun!" He looked down at the slightly dirt covered boy. Next to him lay a leather book. "You have a book? I like books too! Now I have to read it! or I'll die of anxiety over not knowing what the book is about!" He picked it up and looked at the front cover. It was a code of some kind, but JOI had no problem memorizing it. "He scanned the book quickly, losing interest as his short attention span narrowed. "Oh, you write books! You should write a book about Silph. Oh yay, Silph! SilphSilphSilphSilph!" He put the book back down and danced about Silph. He'd only been there about a week, but it was near impossible for him to forget that one 'magical' week.

Vio looked at JOI in confusion. "Maybe, but what could I write about "Silph?" I don't even know her or him or them...." He grabbed the book and started to scribble again. "Can you maybe tell me about Silph?" He asked JOI. Maybe it'll help me get inspired to write...well...something.... He thought to himself.

---------------------

"Ah yes," the Porygon-Z replied. "Silph. Even now I cannot find words to describe how much I love it! Only the best and the smartest are allowed in there. They create marvelous things! You can thank them for the Masterball. And as we speak they're doing amazing things! After all, if these new creatures weren't important, Silph wouldn't have wanted them!" He looked over at the two weird things. They certainly looked like Dragon-types. "Do you... suppose they're Mega Evolutions? That blue one does indeed resemble a Salamance." He gave them a long, hard stare. "A Salamance, and... a really long Dragonite! Maybe that's why Silph wanted that tiny orange one! and the others, too! They've always wanted to study new things, ready to improve the modern world. Aren't they wonderful?"

Shark looked at the two dragons that "came from another universe." "Er...they barely look like the pokemon you just named..." Shark said. "...Wait, what orange one? You mean there was more of types of these....Dragon-whatever?" Shark made a confused glare. Vio jumped in. "Hmmm...Since I watched those pokemon shows of Ash and Pikachu...and played the game....There may be a chance that "Silph" here, may be evil. I mean, seriously, almost all the main companies in each region are evil." Vio said. "...Wow. What you just said might've actually made sense..." Shark was surprised that Vio could learn so much. "But...what I learned in the game is that you cannot defeat them yet...in fact, you need to defeat the evil people first....which means that our goal to try to defeat the Elite four....will be post-phoned..." He sighed. "So, according to the games, we must first defeat the company so we could actually fulfill the dream to become Elite four. Wow. No stutters." He smiled. "Of course, maybe we're not actually the protagonists so-" He was muffled by Shark. "Okay, okay, no need to get complicated so...Let's just try and kill some routes!" He tried to make sound happy. "And we probably shouldn't care about anything except shiny things and gyms." The garchomp added on.

((Jass, I think you're confuzzled. The only main company out there is Silph, and they're not evil. Team Rocket hijacked them in search for the Masterball))

---------------------

"E-Evil!?" JOI was genuinely stunned. "No no no no no! Silph is anything but! Their president is a kind old man, for the love of Mew! Sure, maybe the... 'incident' could be misleading to some, but they're not bad. All they ever did was try to make modern life easier! They make it posible for you to see Kecleons, and make Pokeballs, and a lot more! There is no way in Kanto they're evil!" The Porygon-Z turned his back and pouted for a minute, but once more, his attention span fizzled and he came back. "But, it's true; I would like to go back. Oooh, I can't imagine the discoveries they've made while I was gone!" He waved his arms in a little dance, shooting his signature Zap Cannon at a tree, which promptly burned down. "Do you live nearby? I know a shortcut to Silph, but we need a house."

Vio made a tiny smile. "What are you going to use the house for? Teleporting stuff?" He asked, and scratched his head. "I...do have a house, but its a bit far if our only way of getting there is to walk..." He sighed. He had only brought his Garchomp, Shark, along. Maybe I should've brought more pokemon... He sighed. Actually...did I catch anything while I had Shark on my team? He asked himself mentally. ...Forget it. I'll think about adding pokemon to my team later... He thought. "So we're going back to my house?" He yawned. Vio walked towards Shark. "Can you carry me?" Vio asked, and rubbed his eyes. It was obvious that Shark wanted to say no. "Pleassee?" Vio begged. Shark glared at the boy, but sighed and nodded. He quickly kneeled down, allowing the boy to go on his back. "Chiz, I really have become a baby-sitter to you, haven't I?" He muttered, rolling his eyes.

---------------------

JOI made a little happy sound and clapped his stubby flippers gleefully. "Lead the way!" he said, following the two. He honestly didn't care how long they took, as long as they got to some type of urban area.

((Short post, but there wasn't much to do :P))

The Garchomp sighed, and started walking towards Vio's hometown, carrying Vio along also, who was sleepy soundly on his back. Shark assumed that the unknown dragons would follow him also, as they did say they were going to pretend to be his owner's. I hope things go along well...and that I didn't just jinx it. He thought. "So...JOI, what are you going to do after we reach Vio's home? He asked. Please don't launch out something very loud, as this will wake Vio up...Wait...No, I mean, please do something so loud that Vio would immediately wake up. Shark thought out to the Porygon-Z.

((OK, really, someone needs to post in the Cave of Origin plot))

---------------------

JOI explored some, examining various things with his round, yellow eyes. He'd never been in an actual house before, so he took his time before returning to the twosome. "Yes, this may do ♪ But before anything, do you have a computer? I can't use the shortcut if you don't! and that wouldn't do us a lot of good... Yes, that's what I need: a computer" He sung his song and wandered in a circle about two feet in circumference for no reason other than the fact that he was.

Shark stopped in his tracks. "JOI..." He glared at the Porygon Z. "What's a computer?" He asked. The Garchomp didn't know much about technology, despite him going through the poke center to heal up every now and down. "Cause I have no idea what that is. Explain?" Shark looked over at Vio, who smiled while sleeping. You....You know, don't you, Vio? He thought at his trainer.

Edited by Jass

---------------------

The Porygon-Z stared at Shark in disbelief. "You don't know!? Oh dear Dunsparce, I need to show you right away!" JOI started describing computers to the Pokemon, making sure not to leave out the part about how wonderful they were. He made a square gesture with his flippers as he went on and on babbling. "..and that's what it is!" he concluded. "Isn't that right, Veo?" He began to rapidly poke the young boy with enthusiasm.

"Uh...uh...guh..." Shark didn't exactly listen to the lecture. He was lost after a few sentences. Shark only nodded. He didn't want the Porygon Z to repeat. He looked at JOI, who was poking his trainer. "You...will...ex...experience a horrible fate if yo keep doing that..." Vio muttered. Right...I totally will get that....continuing on... "Um...are you always this hyper?" He asked. Shark was a little...irritated by JOI. He seemed more annoying than his own trainer. Damn it, resist into hitting him! He thought as he walked along with the Porygon Z.

---------------------

"Hy... per?" JOI repeated. "My lexicon does not encompass that word. You must be speaking gibberish! Didn't anyone tell you gibberish is for Dunsparces!" He gave Shark a hard stare, but his grudge melted quickly and he was off again. "But that's OK ♪ Gibberish is really fun when you use it correctly! But enough of that. I still need a see oh em pee yu tee ee are! So repeated: do you know where one is?"

"L-lexicon?" Shark wasn't sure what "lexicon" had meant. JOI asked him something. "Hhhuuhhh?" He quickly caught on. "I mean, well, yeah...I think...there should be a bunch of computers somewhere...I think...?" Shark was a little confused. "There should be one at the Pokecenter...?" He wasn't sure what to say.

((Since Evan has left, and says she doesn't really mind, I'm taking Miku))

---------------------

"Oh Dunsparces, you don't know anything about talking. Silph told me about how some special Pokemon could learn to talk, but I thought they'd be smart! not stupid!" JOI said this in a tone in which one would guess he had no idea he'd just said something offensive. "Hmmm, yes though. A Pokecenter should do. Yes, it would do quite nicely!" He waved his flippers around some before calming down. "I was only programmed with a map of Kanto, however, so you will have to be my guide." He started his song all over again and waited to be taken.

user posted imageMiku

---------------------

The Suicune nodded at Kuro and started to climb in after him, but could not fit in due to the Absol passing out. "Poor thing," she thought. "Sometimes I have to stop and remember that he's still very, very ill..." She gave him a little 'kiss' with her nose and made her own little burrow nearby. It was surprisingly warm inside, even though it had begun to snow out. Amongst the light breeze blowing outside, she couldn't help but overhear Kuro's uneven breathing. He didn't sound in pain, just... not asleep. But, when she softly called his name, no response was given. She called a little louder. Nothing. She knew she could read minds, but that was... "Immoral," she told herself sternly. "Pokemon - especially wounded ones - have a right to their own thoughts. Who am I to take away the one thing he has left?" She huffed and buried her muzzle in the snow. But curiosity tugged at her mane like a hungry Bagon. What could be running through the mind of a belligerent, disaster predicting foreigner? She pawed at the walls slightly to reveal the den right next to hers, and sure enough, Kuro was twitching about and scratching the walls. "Please don't be a Darkrai! Please don't be a Darkrai!" she thought as she closed her eyes and concentrated.

~~~

When Miku opened her eyes, she was definitely not in the snow den. It was dark and light at the same time, and she felt very tense for no reason. A little off, two voices were speaking. One was Kuro's. "Oh no!" she thought. "This must be an illusion of Darkrai's! The only other time I saw this was because of a bond two Psychic-types shared, and that wounded Absol is plainly Dark." She ran towards the sound as fast as she could, but it only got darker and darker. "Kuro!" she yowled. The last thing she heard was a feminine yip and then it was morning in the snow burrow. She blinked the sleep away and turned to face Kuro, who was busy enough glaring at her. "I saved you!" she thought with an undignified humph.

user posted imageKuro

---------------------

"Oh Groudon, Shinrei" Kuro replied frustratedly "You needn't make such a big deal. You know the a thousand Mews couldn't kill me! But it is nice to... er, 'see' you again. It's been a while, for sure. What is it like there? what are you doing?" The Gardevoir explained every detail with solid description and a lot of emphasis. The classic Shinrei, of course. Kuro let the information soak in a little bit, then took a deep breath and replied. "I... I don't like you traveling with strangers." he said. "I know what it's like to have a trusted partner, I do. But then they turn around and call you useless and give you away to a greedy imbecile who only calls you useless as well and throws you away like garbage! I won't let that happen to you! If... if something happened to you, I'd... I don't know what I'd do! I might as well just jump off the nearest cliff right now and spare myself the agony!" Her His eyes burned like hot embers and he had to let his friend's soothing words calm him. He sighed and looked up, sad and disgraced. "I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't let the past affect me, nor you. I'm just... well, I need you. You're the only person I trust. Even my guide, the S-" A screech interrupted him. "Miku!" he thought. Shinrei scared quickly and shattered the area. It was dark. Then it was light.

~~~

Kuro peeked around through vermilion eyes. To his left, Miku was peeking in. He drew back in a silent snarl and turned around, angry and also wondering: how did the Suicune find that place? However she did, he knew he could no longer speak in private, whatever the case may be.

user posted imageShinrei

---------------------

((SILVER! DOTZRUS! WHERE ARE YOU!?))

Shinrei looked down sheepishly. "Heheh, yeah. I guess I'm just a little happy, that's all." She laughed at his remarks and then nodded at his question. "Ah yes, well, to tell truth, it hasn't been a slow week. All the people we met, all the commotion we caused. Oh, it was fun! But, there's also... these... things. Some new friends told us they were called 'dragons,' but they don't really look like Dragon-types. I hope you don't run into any." After that, she got on about how they were on a 'mission,' and how Honoo was dead set on proving the others about their religion. She told him the story, and then where they were, and then what they were doing. Kuro, however, was not at all happy. "No, no no no!" she tried, but his passion burned too hot to tame. He calmed down though, and came close and began singing softly to him and reassuring him. She knew how he felt, and she knew he was hurting. She was almost ready to talk more deeply about the band they had formed, when a screech interrupted her. Terrified, she shattered the area and vanished. Call he a scardey-Meoth, but she was not staying there.

~~~

She woke up to a pale dawn light. Honoo stirred and greeted her the morning, and all she could do was sit back and think to those last few seconds. There was a third. Quite possibly a hostile one.

"Th-thats...not true...I can be very smart at times...I'm just new to know tech..." Shark uneasily said. He gritted his teeth for a moment before relaxing a bit. This little brat...! He thought. Shark glared at JOI. Damn it...This brat here is getting on my nerves now...! He thought. He wanted to slash the Porygon Z, take him out. Just relax, Shark, for now, just show him to the Pokecenter... The Garchomp made his way with his owner sleeping on his back.

---------------------

JOI rolled his round, yellow eyes. "OK then, person who refuses to learn the wonders Silph brought us! Do lead the way, I'm extraordinarily anxious!"

For once, I actually want to go back into my Pokeball... He thought angrily. Shark decided to do so very quickly. He dropped Vio on the floor, causing him to wake up. "Ouchies...Why did you do that for?" He asked, and used his hands to try and find where his glasses are, which landed near JOI. "Shark, where did my glasses go?" Vio asked. ...He'll find out soon enough. He thought as he stared at his trainer trying to find his glasses. Why don't you actually get up and and look for it since you're farsighted? Shark face palmed himself.