padfoot

It's a Fae World

“I’ll see you around, Zee!” Maeve said as the bartender left. It was true that her ability was unusual. When she was younger her mother thought she was lying to her when Maeve said she only needed to hear lots of voices when she got hungry.

She laughed at Matt’s joke, “You know what I meant,” she said with a grin. “I’m sure they’ll accept you. At least then you’ll have a steady income.” Maeve said. She thought a moment before answering his question. She folded her arms comfortably on the table and said, “Personally, I’m fine. The bakery’s doing great and there haven’t been any human shenanigans at my apartment building lately, either. But to be honest, it’s all the weird Fae deaths that have been happening recently that have me uneasy.” Maeve shifted in her chair, her diminutive size making her look more frail than usual. “I’ve heard talk that there’s a new drug circulating the streets. Would you know happen to know anything more than that?” Her good mood was somewhat dampened by the change in topic, but not nearly as much as it had been from the Reaper’s presence earlier.

Matt was silent as he processed Maeve's information. His smoky gray eyes were filled with interest. Sometimes it was hard to believe he was blind, with all the emotion in his expressions. "Rumors, but not much more. I heard it strips you of glamour." He answered. "Human drugs shorten lives, maybe the same is with this one." It was a curious topic, for sure. Sensitive topics never seemed to bother Matthew. Nothing, actually, seemed to upset hi. He was usually always in a good mood, eventhough he teded to be a little shy. "I felt some weird stuff the other day. These Fae's auras were savage, like animals. Perhaps that is with this drug as well."

Maeve shook her head in thought, “But what if it’s not a human drug, at all? What if it’s something else that could only affect us?” she sighed and tried to clear her mind. “I don’t know of anything the humans could come up with that could turn Fae savage like you said.” Maeve leaned back in her chair.

((I feel so un-writer-like lately >_<))

Styles pointed at her and smiled, "Thats where I've seen you, You sing with those other girls on busy nights", he said, "You girls are great entertainers". He left out the part of using her club as a hunting ground for obvious reasons.

"Well thank you very much." she should be flattered but it seemed she had enough of a name that it was a 50/50 chance that whoever she was talking to would at least recognize her face. Oh well. It was a small world. Kind of sad when you really thought about it. "My name is Melody, by the way. I suppose most people would call me by my stage name, Peacock."

"I do not know. I assume it's possible, since magic is both good and bad." Matt answered with a shrug. He closed his eyes and took in the area around him. "There's no one here tarnished by this illusive substance. You know that I can't see in your way, but I see in mine. Everything that lives is outlined to me in the form of aura. Colors vary based on the life form. Humans and Fae are, by far, the most vivid and varying in aura. Inanimate objects such as rocks and such are outlined with a deep blue, as are everything's figures. It's what's inside that lets me see." He paused, opening his eyes again. They glimmered with tendrils of color for a moment, but it vanished quickly after. "Like yours is a silver with many other colors flickering in it. But these Fae...it is like they are being sapped away. They darken, the uniqueness of being a Fae dulling and becoming more simplistic. I don't know what this is, but it is seemingly changing their auras more like animals."

Styles took her hand and kissed it in an old fashion greeting, "Pleasure, Melody", he said, sending a pulse of warm, tingly energy into her body, "I'll have to swing by there some time this week. I don't have much to do at night but stalk around clubs and bars till sunrise." He released her hand and shrugged.

A very tall, very strong looking man stepped into the Hollow. His glamor stayed up as he sat at the bar and called for a drink. The man's eyes seemed sunken and only grunted a thank you when Zee put the drink in front of him. Zee gave Styles a strange look and went back to wiping down the bar.

Doe gave a low and tired groan as she stretched up from the stool that she had been hunched over looking into a microscope at the slides. Stretching some more she heard her joints pop and creak as she moved a bit she smiled at the time before turning as she clocked out. Going to the back she then changed clothes from the scrubs to her club wear.

Heading out she then headed to the Hollow and once through she shook her head as she felt the glamor that she wore all day fall. Turning her head a bit she looked at the mirror that was stationed there and smiled as she saw her antlers were now visible before she headed to the bar. Tilting her head she ordered a simple strawberry margarita before leaning back. Looking to Styles she then spoke, " Did you get my report on the dog bites? I remember one of the cops coming in asking for molds of the teeth of the dogs that were in the cages to make sure I wouldn't have to put any down."

Then she recalled something that had happened earlier, " Also there was another Shard victim in the clinic. A small little thing that had taken on the form of a ferret."

She shivered as a sudden wave of tingles made their way down her spine, warm and pleasant. Very strange. 'I haven't felt that in a while'. She was around men all the time so really it must be the cold. There was a fan on in the room. Melody wrapped her wings around herself under the jacket. She gathered herself after a moment of adjusting. "I'll be watching for you then, Styles." she wasn't too perturbed about the fact that he didn't have anything to do but "stalk around clubs and bars till sunrise" Fae did often work odd hours after all... "Will you look the same?"

Styles Leaned back in his chair when Doe asked him about the dog bite report, "Yeah, it was a German Shepard shifter that attacked that man last night. He actually showed up in my office today", he said, "not much of a talked". he knew she would get the joke because of his profession. Luckily she would not have to put down the dog in question. He smiled at Doe and winked, a habit that he had as long as he could remember. He turned back to Melody when she asked about he appearance, "nope, I'm one of the few Fae that don't need a glamor. I'm all natural", he said, with a smirk, "When are your preforming next?", he asked.

A thin mist began to roll off of the man at the bar's body. He shattered his mug in his hand and a slushy beer spilled onto the bar. Zee looked up at the sound of breaking glass and walked over with a rag, "Sir are you alright?", he asked cautiously. The man let out a rage filled roar and grabbed Zee by the front of his vest. He drug Zee over the bar and threw him to the ground. The man stood from his seat and his form melted into a man covered in a thin layer of ice. His eyes were blood shot from taking one too many Shards. Those very Shards were now throwing him him into a drug induced rage.

Cortes woke with a start, his head immediately started throbbing uncontrollably, as if someone took a jack-hammer to his forehead and was shattering his skull over and over, he cringed in pain and leant forward, encasing his head in his hands. As the pain began to fade and was replaced by a simple, throbbing pain that seemed to emanate from behind his eyes, he began to begrudgingly wonder what woke him. It was those horrid fae, he stood up and retraced him memory to a few seconds ago, all he could remember was the almost disappearance of a non-existent sound, he walked limply over to the pawn shop and began beating his hands on the door.

"Hey! will you keep it... ugh... down in there, I'm tryna sssshhleep!"

He continually battered his fists on the door, as if to prove some point, and looked as if he just won a one-sided argument and sat down on the nearby gutter, exhausted.

Doe smiled gently to him before she then spoke, " I am glad you got the report." She then tilted her head before she caught up to the joke and chuckled softly before she turned to the bartender as she asked for a second drink. Enjoying the taste of the fruit as her system sped up to burn off the alcohol in her system before it could impair her. Looking up as she heard a roar she let out a small gasp before stepping back. Her movements as agile as the deer her kind had adapted to fit with.

((I'm going to be gone from Thursday until next Tuesday. I will try to get in posts if I can but I'll have a lot of homework and events that need to be taken care of. If this RP gets too far then I'll probably ask for a recap, though you can generally trust that I'll just read up on what I missed. I'll try to get my character into a place where they don't interact much but if they're with a group that moves around a lot then just assume that they're tagging along looking stoic or whatever.

See you all on Wednesday at the latest after I leave.))

"Every day at 7:00 unt-" her head snapped over to look at the source of the sudden commotion. She didn't have the slightest inkling about what had just happened. Had Zee somehow upset the man? Was Zee even alright? He was sprawled out on the floor and that insane looking Fae seemed like he was ready to fight just about everyone else in the hollow as well. She rose from her seat, not quite sure what to do. She didn't want to be anywhere near the raging fae.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Styles nodded and smiled, "I''ll see you there", he said. His conversation was interrupted by the man behind him flipping his lid and harassing Zee. Styles looked back at the man and swept his eyes over the bar. There were plenty of Fae that could be in the warpath of the drug induced man. He rose from his seat and wolf whistled, "Oie. Pick on some one your own size", He said. After he got the mans attention, he grabbed the back of his chair and hurled it at him. Using the distraction he created, Styles moved towards the door.

The chair splintered with one blow from the raging man's arm. The ice covering his body was beginning to thicken. He let out a primal roar and charged Styles like a bull.

Styles tried to spin out of the way like a suave matador but was not fast enough. The hulk caught his waist with an outstretched arm and they both crashed through the front door and back into the street. Styles was pinned under the man and the wind was forced from his lungs when the giant landed on his chest. The man slugged Styles across the jaw so his head snapped into the concrete and stars exploded before his eyes. He was brought back to reality by the feeling that all the warmth was being sucked from his body, ""Frost Giant", he managed to gasp as the man continued to leech the heat from his body.

((Finally, Something to do!))

The door crashing brought Cortes back to reality, he began to hear more commotion within the Hollow as he moved closer to the door, now that the door was completely gone. He noticed a particularly human looking Fae pinned under a large hulk, he began to run up to help the man,

"Hey! Hey YOU!" he screamed at the hulk in an attempt to re-direct his attention, to no avail.

Cortes then noticed Styles gasping Frost Giant, this was obviously then a Frost Giant from Norse mythology, these were human-like beings that preferred colder conditions, they sucked the heat out of unsuspecting victims, which what was obviously happening to the man in front of him. Cortes looked inside the now open hollow, noticing some people smoking in a secluded corner, a broken chair on the floor, and pulverised wood from the charging of the giant. He ran inside and grabbed the lighter from the smokers, putting it in his pocket, he then ran and grabbed as many of the chair fragments as he could, then darted outside and put them in a pile. He gathered a large amount of the wood fibres and placed them on top, he lit the fire and took off his jacket to fan the fire as it quickly became a large fire. He then strode back to the frost giant, shouting incoherently.

"HEY! YOU! I Just Wanna TALK!" he blared finally as he got inches away from the giant, Cortes withdrew his arm quickly, exposing the base of his palm, he quickly drove the force into the giants shoulder and without delay, drove his elbow into its spine.

Doe looked over to the monster that had happened to burst through. Looking at the signs she saw that the thing was obviously one of those who used the shards that had been found and then she heard Styles call it a Frost Giant. Cursing as she heard that she then began to look around for something to help out.

Matt fell out of his chair as things began to get chaotic. Chairs were flying and lots of other things were happening that he couldn't see. There was shouting and spikes of different emotions created something similar to a scrambler to Matt's senses. For once, he actually felt like he was blind. Omce he regained his senses however, he knew helping down the Frost giant was the only way to make this stop. "Everyone get out of my way and don't let me touch you!"

This annoucnement would hopefully be taken seriously. The Fae climbed back to his feet, and ran out the door where the violence was. It wasn't until the fingerless gloves were pulled off when he could be comsidered dangerous. Dark, dangerous energy crackle in the air, and his eyes lit up an electric blue. "I'm sorry about this."

Mathew darted forward, screeching to a dead halt with the heat of flames and aura of a human hit him. Glowing irises were dead on Cortes. Getting rid of his gloves also got rid of the warm and friendly air about him. Now, the intensity that pulsated from him seemed natural. "A fire's going to do nothing but draw more attention. Please, leave before you get hurt." After warning this human, Matthew was facing the Frost Giant. Because this was a rampaging beast and not an intelligent being, he was certain the dull creature would go to attack him. Unfortunatley for the Fae, touching Matt would do much more damage than the Giant's attack.

Cortes ignored Matt as he spoke to him, he continued to attack all the weakpoints of the human body, both his shoulder joints, his neck, the sides of his head, the end of his tailbone, the joint in his legs, he began to strike these all with ferocious intensity, probably causing a normal person to pass out from the sheer amount of pain they would have felt.

Once he was finished, he turned to Matt, now glaring back to him.

"I have you know, the fire there is not only to aggravate the Giant, but to restore heat to this guy, so I think you should," he walked closer to the man holding out his palm, he noticed as he walked out he said specifically not to let him touch the other Fae within, so he stood a few feet away from him, then charged in and struck his palm into Matt's sternum, "Back OFF!" he finally shouted, he was hoping the anatomy of both Fae and humans were similar, if so, this Fae should not be able to breathe for the next 30 seconds

((If you understand the description of Matt's powers, then you know this was a bad move on Cortes's part. The gloves he usually wear are strong enough to block the usual destructive energy radiating from him. His race, known as Thieves, steal/sap the life-force of anything that touches them and use it as their form of feeding. Matt usually keeps this locked up with his gloves, since he is much stronger than other Thieves and doesn't enjoy hurting people. I just wanted to make sure you and everyone else knew.))

"St-!" Matt was cut off by the hand that connected with his chest. His veins were lit with a dim blue energy that started from the contact point and rushed to the rest of his body, visually displaying what had happened. He staggered backwards and fell on his butt from the force of the attack. The attack did leave him breathless for a few seconds, but the sheer amount of energy he had leeched off of Cortes had him recovering much faster than he usually would've. What disoriented him was the fact he was blind. He couldn't tell if Cortes was still conscious, or standing, or even alright. Aura detected emotions and outlined a creature, but did not grant Matt empathy. "You're alright, aren't you? Please tell me I didn't hurt you too much!"

((I know, I was just playing character, Cortes only heard "touch" he would have assumed that meant hands. And also, he's still pretty much drunk, so he wouldn't of had the clear thought process to not touch Matt.))

Cortes almost felt as if his own attack was reflected on him, he fell to the ground instantly as he felt his entire life just... drain away... He lay on the floor, curling up into a ball, trying to just hold onto a small amount of his energy.

"****ing fae...." Cortes breathed as he passed out.

Style's lips were turning blue and frost was beginning to form on his eyebrows. The human that tried to help earlier collapsed on the ground beside him and Matt was now on the ground, "G-G-Great. I have to do everything", He muttered through a quivering jaw. Styles slammed his forehead into the man's and caused him to falter slightly. Styles managed to get his leg loose and managed to drive the toe of his shoe into the man's groin. The frost giant let Styles go and rolled to one side. Styles went to the opposite side and tried to stand. He fell back down when he realized his right leg was not working right and the blow to the back of his head was making him dizzy and weak. He just curled up on the sidewalk and tried to get his warmth back.

The frost giant suddenly went berserk and started flailing on the ground like a toddler throwing a tantrum. Foam began to build around his mouth and the corner of his eyes began to leak blood. Styles watched as the man convulsed one final time before falling back. the life drained from his eyes and his final exhale was only a gargle. A very faint dark mass could be seen raising from his body and dissipating into the night. Styles did not notice this of course because he was trying to keep himself awake.

Doe moved from her place before looking to the others. She then spoke, " Is it dead?" She then looked over to Styles before she moved beside him. Seeing that he seemed ready to pass out she then led him over to a booth inside so that he could sit down before she then looked around. Finding a first aid kit she then headed outside to help the human as much as she could.

((Alright, I just wanted to make sure happy.gif ))

Matt shivered violenty at the black smoke, not needing to see to strongly sense it. He scrambled to his feet, sightless eyes alight with pure disgust. The Fae hissed like an animal, hands balling into fists. "Darkness! It tainted his soul and devoured his aura!" Matthew screeched. It was the most vile, horrendous thing he had ever sensed before, and it made him want to throw up. Thankfully, that didn't happen. He did gag a little, though. The Thief tossed his head around in an attempt to "look" around, but clearly didn't find what he was looking for. "Gloves! Does anyone see my gloves?"

Styles allowed himself to be picked up off the ground and led into the Hollow. He sat heavily in the soft booth and weakly reached out to grab Doe's hand. She moved away before he could nab her and his hand fell on the table. He looked around for someone to help him. He was so cold.