padfoot

It's a Fae World

((Your accepted as long as your character isn't a animal shifter))

Styles waved at the Reaper when she left, "I'll catch you around", he said as she left the Hollow. He turned back around in on his stool to scope out the bar. It was a pretty mellow night in the tavern and most of the usual Fae have already left to go home or hunt for the night. He didn't see any promising candidates...well except Maeve but she had a bad habit of taking more from him than he would take from her. He focused on a girl sitting alone a a table for three. He had seen her somewhere but he couldn't remember. He decided the best way to find out was to ask. He rose from his seat and crossed the room, "Is this seat taken? He asked with a smile.

Maeve brought the teacup to her lips, grateful for the hot liquid. “Thanks, Zee,” she said. “Well she’s talking to Styles, maybe he’ll know…” Her eyes narrowed, “that he should pay for his drinks.” She set the cup down and sighed, “He’s gone and helped himself to one of your bottles again. Anyway, the bakery’s doing great! The locals here get a kick out of the names on the Fae for All menu, and the human customers are always complimenting my recipes, constantly asking how I get the dough to rise ‘just right’ and on and on they talk.” She giggled, remembering a very talkative, elderly, human woman from today. She’d ordered a cinnamon roll and was amazed at how perfect it was, saying it reminded her of the ones her grandmother used to bake.

Just then, the Reaper walked past, seemingly in a hurry. Maeve glanced towards Styles, who was walking towards a woman sitting alone. “Watch this,” she said, her eyes flashing with mischief, “It’s a new trick I’ve been working on.” She pulled at the delicate silver chain around her neck and grabbed the tiny glass bottle that was on the end. Holding the jar in front of her, Maeve whistled very softly at it. The pitch started low and rose slightly at the end. She let the bottle dangle from her fingertips, watching Styles smile at the winged woman. “Let’s see how well he talks to her now?” Maeve grinned as the tiny vial filled with the golden smoke that was Styles’ voice.

((Short Post))

She looked up and greeted him with a nod. "Not at the moment." She didn't feel like he was trying to flirt or anything, so that was good. Maybe some regular conversation would be nice. "Nor will it probably be filled any time soon, so feel free to sit down." Melody motioned to the chair nearest Styles and adjusted herself in case he needed more room or something like that.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Styles smiled and sat down across from her. He took and breath and went to introduce himself, "Hello. I can't put my finger on it but I know you from somewhere", he mouthed with only his exhale making any sound. He looked confused for a moment and looked over at Maeve slowly. He saw her little glass bottle around her neck and he glared. She really put him in a strange situation with this girl.

Zee chuckled at her little trick, "Your getting better and I see your range is increasing", he said, "It serves him right for nicking one of my bottles." He sat back and got comfortable in the chair. The girls wandering around the bar could handle any drink related emergencies and he deserved some down time before the big rush started later tonight. He looked at the Pombero curiously, "You sure do love helping the humans don't you? More Fae should be like you in that aspect".

She furrowed her brow and smiled at him curiously, wondering what on earth was going on. Was she being pranked or something? The man across from her seemed a bit confused as well and she followed his gaze over to another table. Two people were sitting there. One was a smaller woman with white hair and green eyes, the other was the owner of the bar. The woman seemed rather pleased with herself so Melody could only assume that she had done something. "Do you have some 'friends' over at that table?"

Edited by ArchiosLukos

((Making another character because I'm stuck in limbo

name: shadow_claw

character name: Matthew Tistun

Species: (You don't have to put this now)

-human: 29

-Fae: 73

job:

how this job helps the Fae: (If applicable)

Appearance:Link

Appearance: Like his human form, but with several alterations. His ears are visibly larger and stop at a point, and his nose is longer by about two centimeters. His fingers grow longer as well, but not to an alarming rate.

Background:(Can be Rped)

Personality: (Can be rped)

Fae artifact: His gloves. They're the only thing that prevents him from draining the lives from people. They only need to cover his palms in order to work.

Other: Matthew is blind, and relies on his ability to sense the auras of people around him to navigate. His ears, nose, and fingers are different comapre to a human's because it allows him to navigate easier. ))

((Accepted))

Styles frowned and nodded, giving Maeve and Zee a rude gesture with his finger. He put his head on the table, dammit Chick. I'm hungry he thought, trying to think of a solution. He sat up quickly and caught a waitress who happened to pass and went through her apron, "sorry sweetheart, Need to borrow something" he mouthed as he pulled out a few napkins. He put one on the table and clicked the pen he had in his coat pocket,

Hello, I Am Styles : )

My femAle friend over there is A pombro And she seemed to hAve nicked my voice

PleAse beAr with me, I'm not much of a tAlker right now ; ) I proMise that I'm A lot more interestinG in normAl circumstAnd CircumsTAnces.

Styles smiled and slid the note to her. It was like high school again...well without murder.

Edited by padfoot

((Sorry, was at work then an orchestra performance, typing this on my phone so bear with bad grammar))

"****!" Cortes exclaimed in surprise.

Cortes was usually very aware of his surroundings, but this woman seemed to catch him by surprise...

"Uhhhhh... Yeah, this looks bad doesn't it?" Cortes said awkwardly, dropping the pipe, "well, I would just like to point out the abnormality of this woman, she is a... A Fae!"

He stepped closer to Chime, holding the pepper higher.

Twilight smiled in response. It would've looked calm and polite on anyone else, but her form slowly changed to her reaper appearance. "Of course I know this. I also know humans shouldn't know what Fae are. And they should not be attacking Fae." She replied calmly. The pepper held no concern to her, as her shadows could rip it to pieces in the blink of an eye. That, and it was just a pepper. "Now why don't you be a good human and leave before I choose to drag you out?"

((Damnit, I wanted to use the pepper :L))

how many freaking things am I going to meet today? Cortes thought manically, he dropped the pepper, the deep blue of her eyes sent shivers into his own soul, he slowly side-stepped out of the building.

"Ok... I don't want to die, so please, I'm sorry, whoever you are." Anxiety coursing through his veins, "but... If it isn't too much of a problem, what..." Thinking of how he should phrase it, "what exactly are you?"

Cortes though of anything he could use to calm the tempest that stood in front of him, he pulled out some of the fluorescent dust left over from the crystal out from his pocket.

"Please, take this... It's not much, but it used to be some sort of magic crystal before a Fae took it and killed a few people where I lived..."

He held it out timidly to twilight.

There was a small swish as Twilight's pocketwatch morphed yet again. This time, it was a massive silver scythe, which she held in one hand. "If you must know,my name is Twilight. I am a reaper. Many of you humans call us death, but that is not so. It is my job to keep this city in order, and nosy humans like yourself disturb this order." She answered. There was a pause afterwards, while she thought through her words. "Part of my job is to reap those whose time it is to die, so you will not be killed. That's something a human always assumes... Keep in mind all I said was I was going to drag you out of this woman's home, not kill you." Humans always made the oddest assumptions. They weren't interesting enough to be killed by a reaper.

The pink dust did happen to pique her curiosity. She accepted the dust with her free hand, and inspected it in her palm. She made the connection to what it was fairly quickly. "If you need to know so badly about the supernatural, this is a black market drug used by the Fae. It makes them violent and unpredictable, and I have only recently been informed of it. I will allow you to live with this information if you help me in shutting this drug problem down." Of course she didn't mean kiling Cortes. It was surprising how easy it was to wipe memories. Any Reaper could do it, and it was a useful skill. After speaking, Twilight leaned some of her weight on her scythe. It was a trusty weapon, for sure.

Now confronted with an even more menacing figure, Cortes began to fell a little squeamish, the large scythe that twilight leant on looked as though it could cut him in half in one fowl swoop.

"Drug?" Cortes questioned surprisingly, "You mean, I've been searching for drugs my entire life?"

Cortes could feel himself blushing, maybe he had a part in some of this madness that she spoke of. However, something twilight spoke of tweaked his curiosity,

"You can, wipe memories? Can this be undone? If someone else had wiped my memory, would you be able to undo it?"

Cortes tried once again to remember the events of the past week, but to no avail.

"You see, I think someone has wiped my memory, I can't remember what happened last week, and I'm sure it's very important."

"Apparently so. This will be taken as evidence, thank you for you time." Twilight said dismissivley. The dust in her hand was suddenly eveloped by a pool of darkness, which formed a small bag in her hand. The bag itself was swept away by more shadows. There was no need to carry that little thing around with her. She turned to leave when Cortes began talking again. "I suppose so, yes. But that is not of my concern and I was in the middle of enjoying a drink when you disturbed this Fae. I would much rather get back to that than deal with any more mortals." She answered bluntly. Twilight was never known for being especially nice, but was never rude. As she walked, her form and clothing melted so she was human again, and her scythe became a long umbrella. Thank goodness that was over with.

Styles frowned and nodded, giving Maeve and Zee a rude gesture with his finger. He put his head on the table, dammit Chick. I'm hungry he thought, trying to think of a solution. He sat up quickly and caught a waitress who happened to pass and went through her apron, "sorry sweetheart, Need to borrow something" he mouthed as he pulled out a few napkins. He put one on the table and clicked the pen he had in his coat pocket,

Hello, I Am Styles : )

My femAle friend over there is A pombro And she seemed to hAve nicked my voice

PleAse beAr with me, I'm not much of a tAlker right now ; ) I proMise that I'm A lot more interestinG in normAl circumstAnd CircumsTAnces.

Styles smiled and slid the note to her. It was like high school again...well without murder.

Melody watched him write and tried to read it upside-down. Unfortunately it was a bit blocked out by Styles. She cocked her head and scooted the napkin a bit closer to herself so she could find out what he was wanting to tell her. He was using some of those emoticons. Interesting. She was never terribly fond of them. She glanced up at the young woman at the other table. She shuddered at the thought of having her voice taken away. It was a sin beyond sins to take a siren's voice away from them in her opinion. She went back to reading. Perhaps this Styles was flirting a bit, but that wasn't a bad thing necessarily. "I'm sure. Perhaps both of us would be able to persuade her to give your voice back?"

((I’m going to edit my character sheet a teensy bit, if that’s ok with you, padfoot? Just fae appearance stuff. This is why we don’t make me write sheets half asleep xd.png ))

Maeve grinned at the compliment. “The cooks have been letting me use them as target practice. It makes their bickering rather amusing when there aren’t any customers.” She said to the barkeeper. She took a sip of her drink and continued, her slight frame reclining against the chair. “I just don’t understand all the contempt that other Fae seem to have for them. I mean sure most Fae just see them as a food source, but they can be pretty interesting if you actually pay attention.” Maeve absently tucked a loose bit of hair behind her ear and looked across the room at Styles. He looked like he was scribbling something on a napkin, so naturally she took the opportunity to return his voice without him noticing. With a quick flick of her finger in his direction the vial around her neck cleared.

The young man who entered the Hollow was obviously different thanthe others. He didn't pause to inspect his appearance like most Fae did after passing through Glamour, and didn't look around him. Looking around was a fruitless act for a blind Fae such as himself. His kind were known as Thieves, because the stole the energy from a human and recycled it as their own. Each one had a different ability, but their abilit also disabled them in a different way. Matthew's ability to kill a man just with a simple touch, and gift energy to others deprived him of his kind's excellent eyesight. The empathy and aura-sensing replaced his vision. So when a lingering darkness hung in the air, Matt was able to tell a Reaper had stopped by. He walked calmly to the bar, and sat down beside Maeve. Nobody else held his interest in humans. Although weak, humans held much more vivid and powerful emotions compared to Fae. A Fae's life was centered on feeding, while a human's was centered more on interaction with each other and creating bonds. It was a refreshing taste of aura to feel the livliness that swirled within every human. "Hello Maeve. How's your bakery doing?" The blind man greeted warmly. Although Matt looked like a pretty cold and secluded person, he was pretty charismatic compared to other Fae.

Cortes was unsure whether he should walk past the Hollow on the way back home, he could get more information, but he'd probably get beat by that reaper, he took out the elastic band from his pocket, If it hits that bin, I'll walk past the hollow he thought to himself, focusing on the bin, without aiming, he stretched the band from his finger and shot it in the direction of the bin, he didn't see it hit the bin, so he walked the long way home... maybe he could catch some sleep, as long as he wasn't killed.

While he was walking, he saw a bar, Cortes thought he needed a pick-me-up so he went inside and sat at the counter, put down a twenty on the counter and said

"Can I get a beer?"

The person at the counter gave him a bottle, so Cortes sat at the counter drinking beer to his heart's content.

"Yeah Sure", Styles said to his surprise, "Wait, she gave it back". He gave her a thumbs up under the table and leaned forward slightly, "Alrighty, now that that is over; Do I know you from somewhere?", he asked.

Zee smiled, "So why do you take voices if you don't feed on them?", he asked. He doesn't know much about Maeve. Sure he had met other Pombro but they tended to steal voices to take down people in power and impersonate people.

The petite woman giggled softly, “I do, actually, but not by taking them.” She said to Zee. “Let’s see,” she paused, trying to find the best way to explain. “I absorb the energy from people’s voices. For instance, if I were to go to a mall, airport, or anywhere where people gathered and talked a lot, I would be able to feel the energy of all their voices. Almost like a hum or a buzz, and that’s what I feed on.” Maeve sat up, propping her elbows on the table and continued, making hand gestures as she spoke. “Now, on the other hand, if I were to sit in a library or stay at home all day, I’d probably feel famished by the end of it. Depending on the last time I’d been around lots of talking, that is.” She took a drink of her tea, which had cooled to the perfect drinking temperature, no longer scalding and well above warm. “As for actually stealing voices, that’s something Pombero have always been able to do. In the beginning my kind didn’t have voices of their own, and a few still don’t.” Maeve shrugged nonchalantly and finished off her tea with a contented sigh and a smile.

She looked up as a man walked over and sat next to them, “Hello, Matt,” She said cheerily, “The bakery’s doing well. Zee and I were talking about it earlier.” She smiled at the man, despite the fact he couldn’t see the gesture. “How have you been? Haven’t seen you around much, lately.”

Matt grinned at Maeve. A smile was a near instinctua, so he knew how to smile without having to see one. He didn't know if her pun was intentional or not, but he found it pretty funny. "Yeah, I haven't seen myself around either." He chuckled. The warm aura of her good mood allowed Matt to assume she was smiling, or at least in a good mood. "I've been good, though. Trying to get a job, but most people don't want a blind man working for them. I'm thinking about sigining up for the human's Social Security. Apparently people with disabilites that impair normal human activites can qualify, and you get payed for it." Matthew inhaled deeply, taking in all the scents in the area. He could smell flour and sugar on Maeve, while the strong scent of alcohol and smoke dominated most of the tavern. He still liked The Hollow, even if it smelled pretty bad. And of course, everyone carried the scent of humans on themselves. "What about you? How have you been?"

She was pleasantly surprised, not that she wouldn't stand up to Style's voice-stealing buddy if he hadn't got his voice back. As it should be noted as much as how utterly foolish it is to shut oneself in a wardrobe, it is a grievous mistake to do anything to a siren's voice and she should sympathize very much with anyone such things had happened to. She didn't ever recall seeing Styles before, but many men came and went from her presence every day. "I do sing at a club, but I don't know that I remember you if we've met."

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Zee nodded thoughtfully, "Thats really interesting actually, never met a pombro that can feed on noise, only those that can feed on voices that they steal", he said collecting the teapot and rising to his feet, "if you will excuse me I need to go ten to the bar, I has been a pleasure talking to you". Zee nodded to Matt and walked back to his position behind the bar.

Styles pointed at her and smiled, "Thats where I've seen you, You sing with those other girls on busy nights", he said, "You girls are great entertainers". He left out the part of using her club as a hunting ground for obvious reasons.

"I think you've had enough bud." Said the bartender as Cortes laid down yet another paper note on the counter.

Cortes spluttered for a moment, then puffed his cheeks as if to puke and proceeded to swallow, stomach acid burning his trachea,

"I..." Cortes put out a finger and just ended up staring at it. ok maybe I am drunk... Cortes stood up and glanced at the clutter of bottles on the counter, the empty tinted shells dancing in the light.

He began walking... Maybe he wanted to go home... Yeah I probably do, he stumbled as he tripped on a gutter, he recognised the hollow to his left, it's fine, just walk home. he reasoned with himself, Cortes then realised how tired he was, squatting down, then moving into a laying position in the gutter, I'll sleep for 5 minuuuuuutes... Cortes' mind droned before fading to black

(No, she's not. Where is everyone at?)