padfoot

It's a Fae World

"I-I'm a Thief! Our powers depend on the disabilities we have, and since I'm blind...I get a big boost of strength. Or, in this case, it'd be more like potency. I usually don't have to steal life-force from humans, and it's never anybody that would be missed." Matt explained quickly. His gray eyes were wide with a form of panic. The way Cortes put it made him feel like a monster. It wasn't like they had a choice. "M-most the time I can sap life from plants or animals, but I'll get sick if that's all I have for a long time."

Styles smirked and chuckled at the Human's observation of him, "your close, I feed off sexual chi", he said with a grin. He lightly brushed against Cortes's knee with his hand and sent a wave of energy into his body, "It has it's other perks as well", he said with a chuckle. He thought for a moment about the anmesia thing. He knew a way to help the man, "Doe, do you have any Kirin friends? If we pay one enough it might help us", he said.

Zee approached with a book and a business card. He slipped the card to Styles and smiled, "Go on and try to get yourself healed.", he said. Styles flipped the card over in his hand and read the name of a underground rave. He laughed and pocketed the card, "Didn't know you kept up with the night club scene, Zee", he said. Zee flipped open his book to a certain page and read off the name, "Kirin are a species of fae that can steal the memories of others. They can also recover lost memories if you motivate them enough", he said.

Doe looked up before she then spoke, " I used to but because of past issues we grew distant." With that she then shrugged once more before she looked back to Cortes. She then spoke, " She kept erasing my memories and changing them." WIth that she then shrugged once more before she looked back to the human, " So would you like me to try? It will at least give you some of the memories." She then leaned back a bit as she yawned mostly exhausted from her long day and then long night. She then looked over to the bar tender, " If you'd call a taxi I'll need it after all that has happened."

((Would mermaids be possible for this RP? It'd be hard to disguise if you were always in water..))

((Don't see why not actually. I feel like you are creative enough to make It work. If not there are always variations like nymphs and sukies))

Matt turned his head as different people spoke, a small frown forming on his lips. Kirin weren't too nice of a bunch. They were self-centered, manipulating creatures that often occupied chaotic places such as nightclubs. Human can never tell the difference between roofies or the work of a Kirin, so they took to that sort of thing. "Styles and I could go visit this nightclub, if that's okay." The Thief suggested softly.

Twilight stood above the massive figure of the fallen Frost Giant, a curious look in her blue eyes. The watch that dangled around her neck melted into a silver dagger. She knelt down, the blade inches from the body. Halfway through, however, the Reaper stopped. There...there was no soul to reap. It made no sense...

Doe looked to Matt before speaking, " I could just take him to my place. Styles' knows where my house is from a case a few weeks ago." She then gave a tired smile as she spoke, " I'm almost to the passing out stage I'm so tired." With that she then tilted her head as she heard a noise outside before shaking her head once more before looking back to the human, " Would that be okay?"

"yeah, I guess so," Cortes spoke timidly, "as long as nobody wants to kill me there I'm good."

Nodding her head Doe stood up before she held her hand out to him. " I promise that your safe. No one will kill you at my house it is just me and my dog there." With that she then shrugged as she turned to walk out of the Hollow to head on home.

Styles grinned when Matt mentioned that they should check out the nightclub, "Oh perfect", he said happily, "It's been a while since I had a wingman." He clapped and looked at Doe and Cortes, "awesome, its about 11 now so the club will be starting to fill up. You two go hang out and we can meet up later when we get the Kirin", he said and slapped Matt on the back, "Alright, I'll grab a cab and meet you out front", he said. He grabbed his coat from the back of his chair and left the hallow.

Styles was surprised to see Twilight standing over the frost giant, 'Hey, weird seeing you here", he said.

Doe just chuckled softly as she shook her head, " I plan on crashing for a few hours Styles." With that she then turned to Cortes and took his hand to lead him outside. Once outside she then spoke, " I'm awake enough to get us to my house. I have a spare room if you want to sleep for a while it has been a very long day." With that she then let go of his hand and putting her glamor up so that her antlers were hidden she began to walk to her house. Twenty minutes later she was walking up the steps to a brownstone and putting the key into the lock to head on inside.

Matt staggered at the unexpected slap on the back, but prevented himself from toppling over. He chuckled nervously, and headed towards the door. The presence of what could only be a Reaper made him freeze. Styles seemed to recognize her and know her by name. He didn't sense anyone else around, so he had to be addressing the Reaper.

Twilight lifted her head to gaze at Styles. Her silver blade formed into a small pole and twisted itself around one wrist. "Yes, I suppose it is odd to see the same Reaper in one day. This creature was on my to-die list, but...his soul is missing. That's what us Reapers do, harvest the souls and harbor them. Or, well, their records." she responded. "The memories of anyone that has died or is currently still living is all stored as books in the main workplace of us Reapers. It appears as if I cannot access his last moments. What was left beforehand is stored in the grand library."

"Styles...Why do you know a Reaper by name? That doesn't really seem like a good thing..." Matt asked softly.

Cortes looked around nervously, trying to pick up every small detail he could see, taking a mental note of all the object within and around him,

"So... Fae just live, where ever? like, They don't have their own homes or a "special" home complex? Just normal houses?" Cortes timidly muttered, following closely behind Doe.

Doe giggled softly before shaking her head, " No we don't have special home complexes or anything like that. Just a regular home however because we live so long we make our homes into our sanctuary. Like after my second decade living here I remolded it to make the halls wider so that I could walk around with my antlers without worrying about scratching the walls or banging them against doorways."

Unlocking the door she then headed inside and set the keys into a bowl near the door. Then set her bag beside it before kicking her shoes off with a soft purr. Turning she then headed to the kitchen to fix her something to drink and eat. She then turned as she asked, " Are you hungry? Thirsty?" With that she then tilted her head from her place at the fridge as she looked through it.

Edited by JaylaCaine

Styles scratched his chin thoughtfully. This was all new information to him. Records and last memories was a bit far fetched even for the fae world, "So somewhere there is a room of books with everyone's life stories in them?", he asked trying to grasp the concept. Matt's question caught him off guard, "Oh Matt. This is my reaper buddy, Twilight. We met a few hours ago in the Hollow", he said, looking at Twilight, "Is it a bad thing to know you by name?" He looked down at the frost giant and sighed. Odds were he was going to see him first thing tomorrow morning to write up a false death certificate. He glanced down the street and noticed a yellow car turning towards them. Styles pulled his lips back and blew a long, sharp whistle to get the cabby's attention. The cab pulled to the curb and he opened the door, "Sorry. We have to run. going clubbin' ", he said with a grin. He climbed into the back seat and told the driver the name of the club.

Twilight nodded. "It is more like a palace. Much too large to be called a room." she answered. Her blue eyes flitted to Matt, a curious look in them. Matt seemed to sense this, and stuck close to Styles. Reapers creeped him out. They radiated this feeling of despair that he couldn't stand.

"Goodbye, Styles and Matt. Do be careful, I already have enough overtime the way it is. Cleaning up your bodies would just be more."

Matt slid into the taxi beside Styles, a shiver passing though him. Reapers were terrifying up close. "I can't believe you can stand her presence. It makes me bristle like a cat just being a few feet away from her." he breathed.Cars weren't very fun for Matt. He didn't know what was happening outside the metal shell of the vehicle, and it terrified him. Feeling yourself moving but being unable to tell where he was going was a living nightmare. The Thief unconsciously kept close to Styles, since the other Fae was the only thing he was certain of its location.

Cortes looks expectantly around, trying to discern something that will surely prove the Fae's existence, but is disappointed to see an ordinary home... he follows Doe and hopefully looks over to the fridge.

"Got any... Pepsi?" Cortes questions.

It didn't take long for the taxi to pull in front of the club entrance that was already developing a line down the sidewalk. Styles stepped out of the taxi and paid the man for the trip. "The Black Dog" is what the blinking neon sign above the brick entrance to the club read. He grabbed a place in line and leaned against the thumping wall, "Must be crowded in there, the DJ has already jacked up the volume", he said as the line moved forward. As he got closer, his excitement grew. It had been a while since he fed last and all this chi was driving him mad. His eyes were already a icy blue.

Looking through her fridge she smiled before leaning down and grabbing one. Handing it to him she then moved and began to make herself a glass of honeyed milk. Turning as she set the milk into a pan on the stove to warm she soon added the honey. She then spoke, "The spare bedroom is down the hall second door on the left the guest bathroom is the first door on the left." Soon adding some cinnamon to her drink she then spoke, " There is nothing here that will hurt you besides the stairs. One of them the top has been loose and I have tripped because of it multiple times."

Soon pouring the heated mixture into a mug she then washed the pan before setting it over a towel. She then turned to him before speaking, " Make yourself comfortable. Once the others have the Kirin they will come here. Styles knows his way here and I don't get guests this late so he should be the only one to knock. I'll be upstairs catching some sleep just call if you need anything." With that she then took her mug and began to head upstairs careful of the loose step.

Matt's reaction was the exact opposite. He could scarcely hear anything beyond the throbbing beat of the music, and his hearing was all he really had. Much like a dolphin would use echolocation, the blind Fae sent out a pulse of energy. The reading that returned gave him an accurate idea of what to look out for. This was done every few seconds, and he soon relaxed. It was such a minute amount of energy that not even other Fae would be able to sense it. If they did, they would have to be excessively skilled. "I can't believe people actually go to these madhouses. I can scarcely tell where I'm going...I knew I should've brought my walking stick..." Matt muttered to Styles. His fingers traced over the solid wall of the nightclub. The beating energy of the music could be felt through the wall. No wonder humans were so weak, they deafened themselves with this music.

"Ok thanks," Cortes assured "I think I'll get some sleep too, I feel a little. Tired after Matt-"

He fell unconscious on the floor, his drink spilled over his face as he was putting it up for another drink.

Turning as he began to talk she let out a yelp of surprise when he fell to the floor. Leaping back down the stairs she moved to him before checking him over. Finding nothing wrong she sighed before she then moved to his shoulders. Lifting him up a bit she then began to drag him towards the guest room and to the bed. Pulling hard on him she soon had him on top of the bed before moving to the bathroom. Grabbing a wet wash cloth she moved back to his side to clean the drink off of his face so it wouldn't dry and get sticky on him by the time he woke up.

Styles frowned. Matt looked really uncomfortable and probably wouldn't enjoy being in the club. He felt bad but at the same time indifferent. Especially since the girls a few spaces ahead in line kept giving them both flirty smiles. Styles winked and turned to Matt, "You sure you want to go in here with me? I mean I can handle it if it gets rough if you want to hang out here.", he said as they grew closer and closer to the entrance.

"No, I'm okay. I'm just not really used to the nightlife, that's all. It is night, right?" Matt answered uneasily. Soon, he realized they were close to the front. He fished around in his pocket, and eventually located a wallet. They checked for IDs, didn't they? "Hey Styles, could you show this to the bouncers? Just open it up, by ID should be in there." Being blind had its disadvantages, like being unable to tell where the bouncers were facing. Matt;'s power let him sense where they stood, just not their line of sight.

Styles took the ID and tapped it on his palm a few times, "Sure Matt", he said, showing the ID to the bouncer. He gave them both a strange look and Styles only grinned and jumped his eyebrows. The bouncer sighed and let them both pass. He grabbed Matt's hand and drug him into the thumping interior of the club.

Inside was a confusion flurry of moving bodies, loud electronic music and flashing lights. He looked at Matt and gave him a (pointless) apologetic smile and went to say something. He was interrupted by a group of women that brushed past to head to the bar, "Uh...why are we here again?", he asked, watching the people dancing on the flashing dance floor. The atmosphere was making him giddy and hungry.