padfoot

It's a Fae World

Looking to the human male outside Doe bent down and grabbed his arm. Being careful she then began to drag him back inside knowing that she would be able to work on him better inside then she would out here. Once back inside of the building she moved him over before looking to Styles. Knowing he had tried to grab her hand but she had been trying to help this man. Looking to Styles she then tilted her head, " You wanted something?"

Styles continued to shake and nodded at Doe's questioned. He needed to get his strength back and he was hungry.

Opening the first aid kit she grabbed the thermal blanket for hypotermia. Wrapping it around him she then looked to him before she then tilted her head, " How can I help? My gift is usually for animals so I don't know a lot about helping out our kind."

Matt fumbled around for his gloves, finding one after a long while of stumbling around aimlessly. The second one was located a while after. When Matt returned inside, he was slipping his gloves back on. Finding Doe, Styles, and the unconscious human wasn't hard once he had collected his senses. "The human. Is the human alright? He...he touched me. I-I'm a Thief...I could've killed him..." He was clearly upset by this, destroyed by the fact he might've killed somebody. "I-Is everybody else alright?"

Doe looked up to Matt before she then spoke, " He is breathing. My gift doesn't work on humans so I won't know if he is alright until he wakes up." With that she then shrugged before she then moved to the side. Grabbing some of the bar food to pass it around figuring that it would help them with any shock that they would be going into now.

Styles finally got a weak, cold hold on Doe's wrist, "Relax Doe", he said gently, "I need your help". He sent a wave of warm energy into her body from his touch. He pulled her towards him and closed his mouth over hers. He pulled a stream of orange chi from her mouth and his eyes shifted to orange. The whole process only took about a half minute but to the two involved it was a awesome experience. After Styles absorbed his fill, he sat back in the booth and breathed heavily. The color was returning to his cheeks and he had stopped shaking from the cold, "Really sorry Doe. I needed that..", he bit his lip and paused. He was feeling much better but a kiss was only a kiss. It was not doing the full job for his head or...the rest of him. Styles really needed to hunt tonight, "So Matt. What exactly happened?", he asked, nodding towards the dead man laying in the doorway of the bar.

Doe turned as she felt the cold hand on her wrist. Seeing Styles she then nodded her agreement more then ready to help someone she had considered a distant friend. With their jobs having collided a time or two when he needed an imprint of an animal for one of the bodies at his work or to see if she could figure out what kind of animal based fae could do a certain attack. Once his lips covered her's she let out a shocked gasp before leaning into the somewhat kiss shivering as she felt a wave move out of her and into him.

When he was full from the kiss and leaned back she set a hand on the table and one on the back of the booth to steady her. A flush to her cheeks and her breath a bit hurried before she looked to him, " It's okay Styles. Anything for a friend." Tilting her head as she soon got her breath back she moved and sat down on the seat before looking around. A bit dizzy from the bit of chi having left her and soon found herself nibbling on the bar food she had brought out to see if it would help the light headedness she had going on.

Cortes woke with a start, coughing heavily over his right shoulder as he spat all of the saliva he was choking on, he squinted due to the immediate light in his eyes and began breathing heavily as the feeling finally returned to his legs,

"My. Freaking. GOD!" Cortes exclaimed as he felt the pain of having the life sucked from him, it was then that he realised his location within the bar, "Am I?... Inside the hollow?"

Startling in surprise when she heard the cough Doe turned to the human before moving to him. Figuring that he would freak at her normal appearance she turned her glamor on so that she looked human. Kneeling beside him she then spoke, " Yes you are inside the Hollow. Be happy your the first human to ever be in here. However I couldn't let you just lay outside to be robbed and since it was our kind's fault you were hurt." With that she took the almost forgotten first aid kit and began to look him over carefully to see what she could do to help him out.

Matt turned a bright shade of pink as Doe spoke. He truly did feel bad. "I'm really, really sorry. Excuse the pun, but I didn't see you coming and I couldn't avoid you." He apologized. Once he registered who was Cortes, he reached out to place a hand on his shoulder. "Honestly, I was so worried you wouldn't wake up."

Cortes tensed as Matt reached out to touch him, although he could feel all his peripherals, he was unable to move very quickly, he let out a small shriek as Matt touched his shoulder.

"DON'T KILL ME! PLEASE! I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO HIT YOU!"Cortes Screamed frantically

"No no it's okay! I promise! I would never hurt anybody on purpose, especially not a human!" Matt insisted, lifting his hand from the man's shoulder. He was visibly flustered by Cortes's panic, his sightless eyes alight with guilt. "I'm so, so sorry for hurting you before. Please, I swear it was an accident. All I wanted to do was stop that Frost Giant before he caused any more trouble, and then I was knocked over when I specifically instructed for no one to touch me. But my gloves are on, so I'm safe now."

Seeing Matt flustered like this Doe touched his shoulder gently. She then spoke, " We know you don't purposefully kill and we would be dead meat without you here to help out. I was useless in that fight and I know it." With that she then shrugged as she looked to him once more.

Cortes calmed after Matt re-assured him, he began to challenge his view on the Fae.

"So, you're all not evil monsters who want to kill everyone and abuse a crystalline substance which is like a drug?" Cortes awkwardly questioned, "Well... I'm Cortes," He stood up and held out his hand to Matt.

Styles carefully rose from the booth and stepped behind Doe. He studied the human suspiciously. He had seen this man before but couldn't remember exactly when or where. He looked around the bar and noticed a few Fae eying Cortes with a look Styles was all to familiar with, "Back off", he said to the bar's patrons, "The human's with me". The hungry Fae grumbled and went back to their beer or meal. He looked back at Cortes as he introduced himself, 'Well Cortes, I saved you from getting ate by one of the other not so friendly Fae in here so in return I need to know: What are you doing here?", he asked. It was not uncommon for a human to try to prove the Fae's existence but this one seemed relentless, and not t mention stupid. Styles inhaled sharply and touched the bleeding split on the back of his head. The bleeding hadn't slowed down from when he was slammed into the road. He needed to heal soon but couldn't really slip away.

Being blind and all, Matt didn't realize Cortes had extended a hand. His sightless gray eyes remained on the human the whole time, which prove that either Matt was incredibly rude(whh he wasn't), or that something was wrong with him. "What? No, what would make you think that? We're just like you humans, with different auras and personalities to match them. True, we need humanity for nourishment, but Thieves such as myself and other types of Fae don't have to kill to feed." he asked, his brow creasing with concern. "I'm Matthew, but people call me Matt. If I ever have the chance to make up for hurting uou, just let me know, okay?" Styles was insistent upon threatening Cortes, or whatever the other Fae called it. It was a method of getting answers that Matt considered cruel, when it was much easier to talk to people. It turns out people unintentionally spew answers without even having to ask them.

Doe giggled softly at Cortes' comment before she saw him extend a hand to Matt. Moving Matt's hand to take Cortes' so he wouldn't be seen as rude she then tilted her head a bit to look behind her at Styles. Smiling to him she then spoke, " He is a persistent one." She then looked back to the human before speaking, " Not all of us are evil monsters or take Shards. We're as human as anyone else we just have to be careful with how we go around so others don't see us in our true form." She then looked back to Styles once more before shaking her head a bemused smile on her lips as she moved around him back to the handy dandy first aid kit before she grabbed some things to handle the split on the back of his head until he could go heal it.

Cortes only then realised, as Doe put matt's hand into his hand that Matt was blind, he awkwardly looked at his dull grey eyes and shook his hand.

"Sorry, I'm just... well... a lot of people I know were killed... ripped in half... by Fae." Cortes commented,

He looked over to Styles, who seemed to be patronising him, he spoke of the Fae as if he was one of them, but he looked exactly like a human. He walked over to him, and sized him up as Doe patched his head.

"Well, I'm here, because I am one of the Leading researchers in Fae, I am an archaeologist who has studied ancient history for the past years and have found massive evidence to support the Fae's existence, no one believes me though... But here I am! inside the hollow! And as for those other "meat" eaters, I really don't care if they want to attack me, I've escaped numerous encounters with worse things than drunk hooligans in a bar." Cortes lectured Styles, hoping to somehow restore his broken honor.

As Doe worked on the cut on the back of Styles' head she then looked over to Matt, " So? The last of the researchers that came to see how we lived killed my family just so they could cut them up to see how they worked. My little sister wasn't even old enough to walk yet." With that she shuddered lightly as she looked back to the back of Styles' head before shaking her head, " We hide our existence for a reason. Some of us are strong enough to handle if humans found out while most of us are not."

Letting her glamor drop once more so that her antlers showed she moved so he could see her head before she then spoke, " How do you think people would react when they saw me? I am one of the fae who don't hunt or hurt humans and yet if given the chance they would kill me for my antlers."

Styles smiled when Cortes spoke about no one believing him in their existence, "Yeah sorry about that. Fae, especially the older ones, are experts at sending nosy humans in the wrong direction. Thats part of my job actually", he said, "I have no doubt that someone willing to take on a Frost Giant with a chair leg can take care of their selves, Me claiming you is not ownership or prey rights, it just means that as long as you are in the Hollow your my responsibility". He winced when Doe touched an extra tender spot on the back of his head, "careful sweetheart", he said gently. The pain in his head was making him cranky. He pointed at Doe to show that he agreed with her, "We are not all bad, most of us, like myself, feed off the energy that humans put out. Kinda like what I did with Doe here." Styles noticed that he hurt the human's feelings and frowned, "I'm Styles by the way. I work at the morgue in the east side of town", he said, hoping an introduction would defuse the tension,

Shaking her head gently she then spoke, " We try to keep ourselves hidden from humans more for our safety. That and it keeps some of the problems down like the Shards you were talking about." She then stopped when she felt Styles wince under her fingers before she then moved to look in his face, " Sorry but I got to clean this out." With that she then moved back to working on the cut before she then looked to the human, " I'm Doenna but everyone calls me Doe. I work at the vet's office nearby."

((Sorry for disappearing, everyone. Been without internet for a while and life keeps getting in the way of everything else. Hopefully I’ll have more free time. For now, I’ll just jump back in.))

Maeve waited until the shouting died down completely before opening the restroom door. She slowly reentered the dining room of the Hollow and looked around. There were a few broken chairs, some of the tables were in disarray, but aside from that the pub was mostly undamaged. The woman turned back to the door and motioned for the others who hid with her to come out. At least I’m not the only one who’s no good in a fight, She thought to herself.

Maeve walked over to where the others were huddled around a man and cleared her throat softly. “I trust everyone’s alright, for the most part?” she asked them while looking at her feet. She had run for it almost as soon as the frost giant attacked Zee and felt bad about it. Maeve glanced up at them, Matt seemed unharmed, if a bit flustered, and Doenna, busy tending to the wound on the back of Styles’ head, only had the blood from his injury on her hands. Styles himself, on the other hand, looked pretty beat up and she frowned. The petite woman then looked at the man in front of her and smiled kindly, “Hello, it’s not often we have a human in the Hollow. You weren’t hurt too badly, I hope?”

Doe looked to Maeve as she worked before she then spoke, " He was touched by Matt without his gloves. If you could check on him a bit and make sure that he is in normal health for a human that would help. Maybe one of the others get him something to eat to help with blood sugar?" With that she then turned as she soon had Styles' cut cleaned out before she set some ointment onto it.

"Wait, so Matt sucks the life outta people?" Cortes questioned, "And you get energy from... kissing people?" he began looking around the rabble that had now surrounded him, he noticed the antlers on Doe, pulled out his notebook and began sifting through it, "And you're a... Sidhe... yeah, I guess that is true, I found out about one of you when I was in the Alps, killed..." Cortes put blankly, "And it seems the 'Old ones' did a pretty good job, because I was the only one who learnt about them that didn't end up dead or suffering from 'sudden' amnesia" he then remembered his forgotten past from yesterday, "Say, can any of you restore memories or undo what they did? because I was forced to forget something that happened yesterday, but I couldn't get the reaper to restore it. I'm sure its very important towards this whole shard situation."

Doe just smiled gently to him before she finished with Styles' head. Patting his shoulder she then moved to Cortes and sat down in front of him as he pulled out his notebook. She then looked to him before speaking, " Yes I am a Deer Sidhe. My type is pretty common especially in woodland areas and mountain ranges." Hearing about the sudden amnesia she nodded her head, " I can but it's very limited. I can give you the memories of what your senses told you such as what you heard, smelled and tasted. I can't do sight since my gifts only work on animals and well after a while seeing as animals usually only see in black and white the sense of sight breeded out."

She then touched his temple as she then spoke, " Technically humans are a type of mammal so I can do just a bit. You'd have to get someone else to give you the reset if you want me to try?"