pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

Thor came over and sat down where Loki instructed him to, obviously relieved that the Jotun wasn't in too much pain. He'd caused enough of it already by himself. "What would you have me do?" He asked, ready to help. He wasn't sure exactly why he would be needed for magic, but he figured Loki wouldn't ask if it weren't important. So he waited patiently.

"Just sit for a moment," Loki replied as he stood up and walked closer to Thor. "When I transform into other animals, it is because I have a very good idea of how they function. Aesir seem to be close enough in shape to Jotunar but there are a few things I need to check." He leaned down and sniffed one of Thor's hands before raising his head again. "Open your mouth." He ordered, gesturing with a paw.

Thor's brows knit together in mild confusion as he wondered what his mouth had to do with anything. He was reluctant to do so and open it, suddenly feeling very self conscious, but he had no reason not to trust Loki at the moment. Slowly he opened his mouth and watched Loki expectantly to a see what he would do with it.

Loki waited patiently as Thor slowly opened his mouth then peered inside, staring at his teeth. After several minutes, he stepped away and instead looked up at Thor's eyes. "What are common eye and hair colors? Jotunar only have black hair and red eyes but red eyes seem uncommon in Aesir. And skin tone, I think yours is average, correct?"

Ah, Loki was studying his body. This put Thor more at ease. "Dark hair is acceptable, if you wish to keep it. My skin is about right, some have it darker and some lighter. As for the eyes, it would be wise to make them a color other than red. Blue, Green and nrown are common. I assume you wish to take the form of an Aesir."

"It seems like the best way to make public appearances but avoid a scare," Loki confirmed. He could keep his dark hair and switch his eyes. Green seemed like an interesting color. They had few green things on Jotunhiem and he did rather like the color. As for skin tone, he'd go a few shades lighter. People may be suspicious if he had exactly Thor's coloring. He was small as it was, though, so changing size wouldn't be a requirement. "I plan on constructing a story for me being here. Are there other tribes on Asgard or is this city it?"

Thor nodded, deciding that this was a good plan. No one had to know that Loki was Jotun. "Nay, Asgard is vast. There are many tribes in this realm, you would easily pass off as one," he replied, studying him for a moment. "Depending on your appearance, you could pass for a Vanir."

"Very well, then a Vanir I shall be. Now, I need silence." He stood up and walked over to the bed then jumped on top of it and sat down there. He had the image in his head now. He just needed to focus on it, "Will you please leave? I will meet you within the hour, at least. I need time to myself now to fabricate and create. We can meet in the kitchens, perhaps? I am very hungry."

Thor nodded and stood, dipping his head to Loki. "I wish you luck. I'll meet you in the kitchen, if anyone stops you tell them you are here on diplomatic business and are looking for me," he said in parting, walking to the door and pulling it shut with a small click. For a moment he remained just outside, nibbling the inside of his mouth in thought, before walking off.

It was little under an hour before the door finally creaked open. Green eyes peered out into the hallway before Loki stepped out. He had returned once more into humanoid form but his pale skin felt very strange. It was... Warm. Weak. He shook his head and quickly hurried down the hall. He knew little of Vanir dress so had improvised using his own furs. The illusion cast over them vaguely resembled Thor's armor, though, green and lined with black fur. Quickly, his bare feet started down the hallway towards the kitchen, which he quickly pushed the door open too. "Thor?" He asked, looking for him inside the kitchen.

Thor was chattering obliviously to a maidservant, failing to notice the way she blushed and laughed flirtatiously. He was a bit thick that way. However, at the sound of his name being called he turned, a smile flickering to his face. "Ah! There you are," he greeted as he approached, more or less dismissing the now jealous maidservant. He took a moment to size up Loki's new appearance, nodding in approval as he made sure he had no strange appendages or deformities to give himself away. "It fits you! Shall I continue to use your real name?" He asked.

Loki quickly approached the two, his eyes briefly moving to the maid before returning to Thor. "Well, it is my name," he replied lightly before moving away from Thor, to the empty tables nearby. Normally, chefs would work but it was between the hours they had to prepare food. "Is there something I can eat? I do not know where you store your food."

Thor nodded in agreement. At his question, he beckoned over the maidservant. "Fetch myself and our guest something to eat- perhaps a light meal, nothing extravagant. He is too hungry to wait for a feast," he ordered, watching her examine them before hurrying off to do the prince's bidding. Once she was gone, he returned his gaze to Loki. "Are you feeling well?"

"I've been better," Loki replied as he slowly rotated his wrists around. He still seemed generally nervous about moving out and about, even with the transformation. Not wishing for the conversation to keep on its painfully dull track about how he was feeling and ultimately end in another argument, he gestured to the illusion that covered his clothes. "I was unsure of what fashion on Asgard consists of so I improvised. Do you have any regular clothes? I imagine I'll need to blend in with the natives."

Cocking his head to one side, Thor seemed to get a good look at what Loki was wearing the first time. The furs were acceptable in the villages and the Vanir tribes, but no one who was staying in Asgard for long would wear something like that. It wasn't proper. "It does fit the look of a traveler, but you must have formal wear and armor. None of mine will fit you, but I could take you to the seamstress and see what she has. This will not do permanently," he explained.

Loki nodded, though he would miss his furs. They were one of the few things he had left from home, aside from his crown of course. But prancing about with that on seemed pretentious and dangerous. It was obviously foreign and could bring up questions. "I ended up being unable to think up a proper identity. My knowledge of the other realms is not great enough. Did you have any ideas on the matter? After all, it would not make sense for a commoner to simply walk around the castle."

"No, a commoner would not be seen ambling about. I do have an idea, however. The Vanir tend to form tribes when they are not part of the main group. You could be a traveling diplomat from one of these tribes; you would not be turned away, nor would anyone think twice about it. Our relations with the Vanir are quite good,"Thor replied, smiling as the woman returned with a small basket of different foods. He thanked her and took it, ushering Loki to a small table in the corner where he began unpacking things. There was bread, cheese, different fruits, and a few sweet pastries. She had also included two glasses and a flagon of sweet ale. "Dig in, I'm sure you'll like it."

"Then so it shall be," Loki replied with a nod. He quickly moved to the table, and sat down opposite from Thor to make it easier to speak with him. His gaze flickered from Thor to the maid who had given them the basket before he delicately lifted a piece of cheese and gave it a tentative sniff before he began to eat. There were stories of Jotunar who had grown lost and, by miracle, managed to find their way back home. But when they arrived back starving, they would often throw up and had to be nursed back into eating regular food. He wasn't sure how long it would take but after not eating for two days, he was going to try to be cautious. "What kinds of things does a king do in a city like this?" He asked after a moment.

Thor withdrew a knife and sliced a chunk of cheese off of the block they had been provided, placing it on top of a piece of bread which he then bit into with obvious relish. "Many things. The people bring their problems and concerns to the king, who must hear them out. The king must also keep up foreign relations and see to it that everything in the castle runs smoothly. A king who does nothing will not last long," he replied, pouring himself and his guest some ale.

Well, most of those things were different from home. The only thing that sounded the same was problems. Laufey was more like a lord than a king. He did not view himself above the people and instead motivated them all to help one another just as he helped them. They stood together, fell together and protected each other. "So what do you do for fun? There the people must do something for amusement or else they will be bored."

"Well.. We do many things for fun. There are balls, tournaments of strength and battle, hunting, sparring.." He ticked the things off his fingers, not seeming to think anything of the fact that all these activities were quite violent. "Sometimes I like to join my friends in a bar, it can get quite rowdy but fun. None can best me in a drinking challenge," he boasted.

"Drinking what?" Loki asked. Obviously he could not mean water, that was just silly. But everything... sounded awful. "Do you do anything that is less violent? Hunting is good enough but do you have anything that is not an unnecessary display of strength? What about magic? Or telling stories passed down from generation to generation?"

"Alcohol of course! Everyone else gets drunk far too easily," he chuckled heartily, unaware that Jotunheim didn't have alcohol. Thor frowned at his question, pondering what could be wrong with the activities he had listed. They were all fun! Perhaps Loki didn't enjoy that sort of thing. "Not really.. Stories are for books, and magic is a womanly art in Asgard. Men are warriors," he replied uneasily.

"Womanly?!" Loki squawked, offended by this greatly. "Then the women here must be the smart ones because magic is a very grand skill that only the most intelligent can master. Any good and proud warrior would try to learn magic as well. What good is brute force when I can simply take the shape of a Jotunhiem Beast and trample you underfoot?" He crossed his arms and leaned away from the table with a scowl. "You take for granted a majestic and nobel art in favor of throwing your weight around."

Thor held up his hands in self defense, his frown growing as Loki scolded him. "Do not kill the messenger, that is simply the way Asgardians are. Men grow strong and use brute strength to defeat our enemies. Usually only healers learn magic, except for the elders who study magic for recreational use," he explained, waving a hand. "You do have a point in saying that it is for the intelligent. Most warriors simply are not." He smiled sheepishly, because he knew he wasn't the sharpest tool when it came to some things.