pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

Loki frowned and looked away. After several moments of pouting, he rubbed his forehead with a hand and finally turned back to Thor. "I would argue that I could easily best any foolish warrior here who thinks that magic has no place in a warrior's life. You are all idiots." He looked away again and resumed pouting. If Thor visited Jotunhiem, he would see the importance of magic in combat. It was the key part of any battle strategy. Of course, most Frost Giants lost their ability to preform spells after the Casket was stolen. Those who still had it were revered for their skills.

"I am not saying that you are wrong, for all I know you are correct and magic is stronger. What I am saying is that Asgardians disagree, perhaps because we do not know better. Your style is as foreign to me as ours is to you," Thor pointed out carefully, holding out a cup of mead to him as an apology.

Loki took the cup with a sigh. He was still irritated but he tilted the cup back and drank from it, only to immediately turn his head to the side and spit whatever he had been handed out onto the floor. The Frost Giant in disguise immediately began coughing as some of the liquid had accidentally been swallowed.

Thor wasn't very alarmed by the reaction, watching sympathetically as Loki sputtered and coughed. "Ale will do that your first time," he chuckled, drinking from his own cup. It took a bit more for him to get drunk than it did for others, but he could still get quite hammered, pun intended. "I assume you have never had alcohol. It is a fermented drink, it dulls the senses and lowers inhibitions. It is a wonderous feeling, but the effects the morning after are not so," he explained, his expression one of familiarity. He'd been hung over so many times.

Loki ended up spitting up the ale back into the cup then setting the mug down onto the table. He cradled his stomach and clasped one hand over his mouth. He had assumed the beverage to be water and, thus, taken a large drink from it. His eyes watered and his throat burned and his nose had started to run. "It's poison," he rasped, trying to speak through the burning.

Thor's amusement slowly trickled into pity, and he reached across the table to offer Loki a napkin while he stood. "I'm sorry, I should have warned you. I will fetch you some water," he apologized, walking off into the kitchen. He soon returned with a flask of it, and handed that to Loki as well. "It is water. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I did not realize Jotunheim does not have alcohol," he explained as he returned to his seat.

Despite Thor's words, Loki was much more cautious. He took the water gratefully enough but licked it gingerly to test and confirm his words. Once he was sure of what it was, he quickly chugged the rest of the flask and set the empty canister down on the table. Cringing at the leftover taste in his mouth, he rubbed at his watering eyes. "My throat hurts," he muttered, looking down at the floor.

Guiltily Thor looked to the basket, digging intently into it to look for something. When he finally found it, he smiled and withdrew the item, a small bottle of a golden liquid which he offered to Loki. "Try this honey, it should relieve the burn. It is very sweet," he promised.

Loki reluctantly took the new liquid and pried the lid off with his teeth. He licked it gingerly to confirm Thor's words and, finding it was very sweet, quickly drank the contents of the vial. The sweet liquid quickly coated his burning throat and helped to soothe the pain he had felt from drinking ale. "Many thanks," he muttered as he set about nibbling on a piece of bread crust.

With a nod Thor resumed eating, making sure to save plenty for Loki. His appetite could get away from him sometimes, but it was nothing like Volstagg's. "After you are finished, you will have to make a trip with me through the public courts. People must see you or else they will become suspicious. They may suspect a tryst, though those that do will be radicals only."

Loki nodded and resumed eating. He was unable to control himself this time and soon had consumed most of the food shared between them. When Thor spoke about public introductions, he quickly swallowed the cheese in his mouth and looked up at him. "Will you introduce me to the rest of your friends? The only one I met was Lady Sif."

"Of course. I believe you will like Hogun, he is far wiser than most of our bunch. Then there is Fandral, he may flirt with you but he is usually just doing it in jest. Volstagg is a generally cheerful fellow, though he'll eat you out of house and home if invited over. Sif may or may not realize who you are; if so, I will convince her to simply play along," Thor replied, downing the rest of the ale in his tankard before straightening up. Loki seemed done with the meal, so there was nothing to stop them now. "If you are ready, we can go find them."

Oh, Sif. He was really not looking forward to meeting her again. He could already tell their relationship was beyond salvageable. "Very well," he replied, resting his hands on the table and using them to help him stand. He rubbed his throat briefly then gestured to Thor with his other hand. "Lead on. I would very much like to meet these friends of which you speak. Would they be open to meeting me or should I expect disinterest?"

Thor stood as well, leaving the mess for the servants and maids to clean up. "They are not so ignorant, they will be pleased to meet such an esteemed guest of the prince," he assured Loki, walking out of the room at a measured pace so that the Jotun could keep up.

"Even if I do not fight?" Loki asked as he followed behind a short distance behind Thor. If the prince's friends proved too strange or unusual or tried anything in the way of violence, he planned fully on using Thor as a shield to give him time to run. It was in his best interest to walk at least slightly behind Thor so that it would be more easy to use him as a buffer.

"I am worried about Thor," Sif declared to the other assembled warriors as she carefully moved the sword she was holding about. She had decided not to mention the guest to the other warriors since he seemed to be well under control from the last time she spoke to Thor. But that still left other matters, like the fact they had seen very little of him since the coronation. "Usually he makes time to spar and drink with us but we have seen very little of him of late."

"Of course. They may be callous at times, but to insult a diplomat by acting in such a way would be enough to have them imprisoned. And they would not do it in front of me," Thor answered as he guided Loki to where he thought his friends might be.

Volstagg lounged on the couch while Sif paced, munching on an apple contently. "Come now Sif, he's nearly the king! I'm sure he's just preoccupied with other things, he'd spend time with us if he could," he pointed out. Fandral, who was leaning against the arm of the couch, shrugged in response. "Maybe he's found a woman, or something else to occupy his time. We can always ask him."

Loki fell even further behind when they arrived where Thor's friends were. Sif was there, along with three other men about Thor's age. So those were his friends? Loki's teeth clenched together when his own band of musketeers came to mind. All dead now save one. His hands curled into fists and he looked down, suddenly finding he could not speak. Sif, noticing their arrival, looked at Thor and smiled.

"And here he is now! You'll have to tell us all of the things you've been doing. It seems like so long since we've all seen you."

Thor didn't seem to notice Loki's hesitance, as he entered the room with a smile and greeted his friends. "My companions, I apologize! I have been doing many things as of late, one of them being greeting Asgard's newest guest," he explained, turning sideways to wave a hand at Loki. "This is Loki, he is a diplomat from the southern tribe of Vanir. He will be staying with us for a while to maintain our relations with them."

Fandral arched a brow at the pale man, sizing him up. He was awfully pale for a Vanir, but he certainly fit the build. "Charmed, I'm sure. I am Fandral, of the warriors three," he greeted as he swept a dramatic bow. There was a slight twinkle in his eye as he straightened; he was fairly mischevious.

With the sword already in her hand, it was shocking that Sif managed to avoid the instinct to point it at Loki's throat. If the name had not rang bells, the similarities between him and the Frost Giant that had bitten her hand certainly was enough for her. "Thor," She muttered, scowling at the man standing a few paces behind the prince. Loki avoided looking at her at all in favor of looking at this new, rather flamboyant companion of Thor's.

"As Thor already explained, I am Loki of Vanaheim. I apologize in advance for any unusual behaviors in regards to customs on my part. I am experiencing a small amount of culture shock." He smiled warmly and bowed back, albeit, not as dramatically as Fandral.

Thor sent Sif a look, silently begging to keep her mouth shut. He mouthed the words, 'explain later', praying she would agree with him just this one time. This wasn't him being soft, this was him trying to forge a relationship with the future king of Jotunheim. Sif could ruin it with a few words.

Fandral grinned slightly and patted Loki on the shoulder. "Worry not, we've had many Vanir in these parts before. You ever need help with an Asgardian woman, come fine me," he advised with a not so subtle wink. It was then that Volstagg snorted and threw the apple core at his friend's head. "Not everyone is a scoundrel like you, Fandral," he said with a smirk, getting off the couch and sweeping his own bow. "Volstagg, at your service."

Hogun stood up from nearby and walked over, examining Loki a great deal before slapping a hand on his shoulder. Loki, naturally, was very confused by the gesture and stared at the man questioningly. "It is good to see another Vanir in these parts," he said. Hogun, unlike the others, was not Aesir. Though he had lived on Asgard for some time, he was, in fact, Vanir. Loki, new to this news and quickly finding trouble with the original plan, glanced sideways at Thor and offered him up a scowl.

"I was... Unaware one of your party was also from my home," he replied with a forced smile. "But really, it is a pleasure to meet all of you." Sif, at this point, swiftly walked over to Thor and frowned up at him.

"May we speak for a moment?" She asked with a very large scowl.

Thor found himself between a rock and a hard place and shrugged sheepishly at Loki- he had forgotten! But, he didn't think Hogun and Loki were from the same tribe.. Right? "All of you get acquainted and I shall return momentarily," he said with a fake smile, then pulled Sif away until they were out of sight. At that point his mask fell, and he was left looking worried at her. "Please, you must help me," he begged. "I must make a good relation with the Jotun so that when he returns to Jotunheim and ascends the throne, our realms will know peace. My father declared that I shall not be king until Loki trusts me," he went on before she could get a word in.

The warrior was rather surprised by this new information. So they were going to have to put up with the Frost Giant until he trusted Thor? "And how do you know when he will?" She hissed back, glancing back in the direction of the room where they had left Loki with the warriors. "More importantly, he is a Frost Giant. He is the very creature we refer to as monsters and warn our children of. Don't you think your friends will be upset to know that you have kept such information from them when he finally reveals his true nature? And why, of all creatures, is he posing as a Vanir?"

Loki looked slightly concerned when Thor left but quickly masked his feelings to turn back towards the group. "I have been attempting to learn Asgardian customs during my short stay here so far but, unfortunately, Thor refused to show me to his friends before today. I was curious as to how my tribe differed from this vast city. Would the three of you mind sparing some time to show me?"

"I do not know! That is why I ask for your help, if you are against me in this then I am sure to fail. He is not such a bad person, frost giant or no," Thor argued back, gripping her shoulder pleadingly. "The Vanir were all I could think of. Please help me Sif."

"It would be our pleasure, right Hogun?" Fandral replied with a winning smile, automatically hooking his arm through Loki's. "What shall we see first, hm?" Volstagg had fallen in on his other side. "No, what he needs is to experience a true Asgardian feast. You haven't lived until you've been to one. They can last for days," he insisted, the thought making him hungry.

Sif sighed loudly and looked down. "You won't be allowed to tell them after this," Sif replied. "This charade will have to continue. They are warriors, after all. He may be a good Frost Giant but he still is a Frost Giant."

A feast? Though it sounded very grand indeed, Loki had only just finished eating moments before with Thor. "Perhaps we could put off that idea," he offered up. "I am not very hungry. I just finished dining with Thor moments before meeting you."