pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

"I know, I will be doing my best to keep our friends in the dark. The less who know, the better. Thank you Sif, your help means a lot to me," Thor replied gratefully, clasping her arm tightly with a small smile.

Volstagg frowned, but it was simply because he didn't get an excuse to feast. "Very well, we'll simply show you around instead! Anywhere you'd like to go?" He asked. It wasn't hard for the large warrior to be friendly with people.

Well, they didn't seem too caught up in that. That was good. "I have no idea what you would regularly do. My tribe is very small and far South so we are much removed from other tribes and the Aesir. Why don't you just... Do as you usually would and I will watch. That is fine, right?"

"You should watch him carefully. It was only moments ago he was angry with you, remember?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "Just be careful. Frost Giants are not our allies yet."

Fandral tapped his chin in thought, looking about at the newcomer and his two companions. "Well, we could show you about the castle I suppose, but that's boring. How are you with a weapon, eh? Perhaps you'd spar with us!" He proposed with a grin.

"But they may one day be, and part of earning them as allies is forgetting out preconceived nltions of them. They are more intelligent and civil than we think," Thor insisted with a sigh, turning back towards the way they'd came. "We best not let them get too far, else Loki may be overwhelmed."

Spar? Goodness, the feast sounded better than that. But perhaps it was a good situation to make friends and possible allies. If he kept dismissing their customs, they would not get very far. "My fighting style is probably very unusual compared to yours but I could try. Do you have any small swords or daggers, perhaps?"

Sif nodded with a sigh. This was honestly very aggravating. Why did it have to end like this? "Wait," She suddenly said, beckoning Thor back over. "Does the Frost Giant know the terms of your ascending the throne? It may be better not to tell him if he does not know."

The other two males exchanged glances and then looked at Loki. "Yes.. But would you not rather have a sword?" Fandral finally asked, finding his choice of weapon peculiar. "Perhaps he is an assassin, don't underestimate the fellow before you see him," Volstagg chuckled as he pulled out a dagger, offering the hilt to Loki.

Thor returned to her, shaking his head. "Nay, he does not know. I intended to keep it that way, though not to deceive but merely because it may change his opinion. We need this alliance, both of our realms do," he assured her.

Loki gently took the blade and balanced it in his hand. It was certainly heavier than the agile weapons he was used to but his own weapons were currently buried in a dead Jotunhiem Beast and he could hardly create one out of ice without arising some kind of suspicion. "Larger weapons tend to get in the way," He replied, trying to get a feel for the blade. "But I suppose you'll see. I am a warrior. It would be better to show, not tell. Is there a designated training ring or is indoor fighting common here?"

Sif nodded before a frown settled on her face. "You may need his alliance but I am not prepared to make amends with him. I still think him to be a beast and even if I will help you, I will not forgive him myself."

The two warriors still didn't look very convinced, but they each shrugged it off, deciding it must be a Vanir thing. "Of course not," Fandral chuckled with a small head shake, "we are not that barbaric. Come, we'll take you the sparring rings." He started off again with the others in tow.

"I do not blame you for that, nor can I force you. But.. For my sake, please do not provoke him. All right?" Thor replied, looking at her pleadingly again. "It would mean everything to me if I had your help."

Not that barbaric. Now that was funny. But warriors did need training and Jotunhiem did have training centers. It was just that they did not take fighting as a sport. "I have seen very little of Asgardian fighting. I only watched Thor fight briefly when he was…persuading me to come here and visit. We have two very different arts, I can tell you that."

"I will attempt to do so," Sif replied. "But if he provokes me, I will not behave so kindly."

Fandral snorted again, glancing over at Loki. "Thor hardly represents the whole of Asgard. The rest of us actually do have strategies and form, but the prince is built like a wall. All he needs to do is charge and swing his hammer about- though even when we do have a plan he doesn't follow. You shall see," he promised as they entered a small arena.

Thor smiled and pulled her into a hug. "Thank you lady Sif. I appreciate it," he said, pulling back after a moment and patting her back.

Sif was smiling when Thor pulled away from the hug. That made her feel somewhat better, at least. "We should go find them," she replied. "They'll get in all sorts of trouble."

Loki looked around the small area, nodding thoughtfully. "That did generally seem to be his form. You should have seen him fighting the creature. It was quite a spectacle." He smiled slightly at the thought then tuned to the group again. "So how do we do this? One on one is common in my home but I am unsure. Fighting you all at once would be very difficult."

Thor nodded, returning her smile. Sif's help would go a long way, even if she disliked Loki. "I imagine Loki can fend for himself, though I may regret those words. I've no idea what Volstagg and Fandral will get up to with him, and hope that Hogun will straighten them out."

Fandral was going to respond, but Volstagg interrupted him. "Hold on. Creature? Did you and Thor get into a battle with some beast on the way here?" He asked, an eager look on his face. "What was it? I do enjoy a good story- we all do. What happened?"

"Yes," Loki responded quickly. The story would have to be the same, just interchanging Jotunhiem with Vanahiem and adding a few things here and there. It would be easy to lie here. "When he came to visit my tribe, he lacked several graces we usually expect. He interrupted a hunt I was leading and... unfortunate things ended up transpiring. We were going to fight to settle our differences when a massive creature native to my home attacked. We managed to settle our differences by fighting it instead of each other." He shrugged slightly, then lifted the weapon. "I'll tell you in full detail another time. Perhaps during one of those feasts you told me about. For now, why don't we spar?"

"Or they'll all end up getting into mischief," Sif pointed out. "He's clever, I'll give him that. He'd probably end up getting them all into trouble and blaming them all for something he did."

Volstagg didn't look entirely satisfied with the brevity of the answer, but he didn't object. A feast and a story would be much more fun than hearing it now. "Yes, that's fine. Why don't you and I start? Three against one would be entirely unfair, don't you agree?" He asked as he stepped into the ring, drawing a sword.

"Now Sif," Thor admonished, "his existence is not purely based on causing chaos, which you seem to think. Give him a chance. He isn't so bad, you'll find." He started walking again.

Loki nodded and stepped into the ring, quickly crossing opposite of Volstagg. He flipped the light sword over and caught it in his left hand. He relaxed his legs and fell back heavily on his right foot, which he slid behind his left to center his balance further away from Volstagg. Better for a tactical retreat. "Ready when you are," he said, waiting for him to make a move.

Asgardians were nothing if not direct. Volstagg took the opportunity to charge without sizing up his opponent very much, trying to use brute strength against the more lithe opposer. Closing the distance between them, he swung his blade in a diagonal, downward line. He was pulling his blows though, assuming he would hurt Loki if he didn't.

Loki immediately opted not to engage Volstagg and fell back several paces, darting sideways as he did so in an attempt to circle the larger man and get to his side or back. He very well knew he was physically weaker and if given the chance, Volstagg would toss him about like a pillow. He needed to avoid direct attacks and use his size to slip in, attack, then dart away. The small sword he had asked for twisted in his hand as he rotated his hand, aiming the end at Volstagg's side like the sword was a drill. The small rotation added a lot more power to the blade but Loki didn't stick around to make sure it had struck. Instead, he quickly darted backwards, pulling his blade away and making sure there was distance between them once more.

(I'm so soooorry! Life is so crazy right now!)

Volstagg was clearly not prepared for this onslaught. The blade pierced his side and was gone just as soon as it came, giving him only enough time to shift slightly and only be partially stabbed. His surprise was clear on his face before determination set in. He'd underestimated the Vanir, and it wouldn't happen again. The warrior charged after him, staying hard on the offensive as he made several slashing motions.

((Don't worry! Life always comes first!))

Loki's fighting style was more like a tiny wasp than anything else. He managed to duck backwards when Volstagg suddenly charged at him, though the blade cut into his clothing. Or, the illusion of clothing that he had conjured from his furs. A sparkle of magic quickly sealed the break in the illusion, making it appear like the mark made by the blade simply faded. The illusion also masked the fact he was bleeding but that didn't stop Loki. He was too proud to admit he had been struck. Instead, he quickly ducked away and rolled to the side, aiming to get some distance between himself and Volstagg. Attacking from the front would be suicidal. He needed to get behind him instead. Much like a ground hog popping out of a hole, Loki sprang up and slashed at Volstagg, aiming for his other side this time.

Edited by pudding

Thanks to the illusion, Volstagg didn't see that he had managed to land some semblance of a blow. He was stunned- how could such an unassuming man dodge and fight so easily? He whirled around to face Loki, managing to duck and dodge out of the way of his slashing. He was starting to get a feel for Loki's style, which meant he needed to keep the Vanir in close quarters. That's what he did- charging again and this time moving with his blows to stay close to him. None of his attacks were fatal however, just in case.

Loki clicked his tongue slightly when his blow failed. His stamina was starting to fail him and his arms were growing tired from swinging the sword around and blocking attacks with a lot of weight behind them. The fight was dragging on forever compared to what he was used to and he was hardly the most muscular of any race. But now he was stuck close to the Asgardian with blows coming in all around. Loki raised his blade to knock the attacks aside but several blows found his chest and upper arms. Immediately, the injures were consumed by the illusion while Loki was left scrambling in the midst of the attacks, struggling to fight back and retreat at the same time.

Alright, that was enough! His small sword glowed slightly as he added a quick barrier around it then quickly swung it at Volstagg's sword. The barrier was designed to prevent the swords from simply clashing together but actually force the two apart with the aid of a small explosion of magical energy like light. Hopefully, it would surprise Volstagg enough to disarm him and let Loki regain the upper hand. If not, he'd probably end up the one disarmed and be forced to surrender. The wounds were starting to hurt quite badly.

Volstagg knew he was winning. It was rude to so totally conquer a guest but he had been frazzled by the beginning of the fight, and wanted to prove his worth. He swung another blow, only to be caught off guard when his sword bounced back with a small burst of light. He staggered back, staring at Loki in shock. "I didn't know you could use magic," he said bluntly, too surprised to keep attacking. He'd never seen anyone use it in battle, and it was usually an art for women.

Loki's sword slid loudly across the floor, having been knocked from his grip by the force of the two blades meeting an the magic between them. His wrist immediately began to ache but it too was covered by the illusion. Nothing was wrong. Everything was perfectly fine. He didn't need any kind of sympathy here. "It tends to be a bit unfair when those who are blessed with the mystical arts use it against those who are not," He replied with a frown. "I was making an effort to level the playing field, so to speak. But I suppose old habits become exposed in the middle of a fight. I usually wouldn't make such efforts to hide my abilities but it seemed as though all of you are unable to use magic properly. This is not a fight among enemies so I thought it would be best to limit myself. It would be very unfair if I was to not cap my abilities in some way, would it not?"

Volstagg looked to his companions for help, but Fandral only shrugged. Great. He turned back to the guest, looking slightly hesitant since he didn't know what t do in this situation. Best not to make Thor's guest angry however, so he nodded slowly. "Yes, I believe you are right.. And perhaps I was a bit too aggressive with you. You make a worthy opponent," he said with a respectful bow. He was still baffled that anyone could use magic in a fight, but he wouldn't point it out, lest the fellow become angered.

"Nonsense," Loki replied with a forced smile. One hand drifted to his stomach, holding the wound currently hidden by his magic. On Jotunhiem, injuries were usually left to heal naturally. People did not trust the use of arcane arts when healing due to the fact it could easily be disrupted and the magic cause more damage than what it was meant to heal. Even though the extent of his injuries were limited to cuts, Loki did not want to risk such a thing happening to him. So he simply clasped a hand over his stomach instead to try to limit the hidden blood welling up. "You were very challenging. I imagine I would have difficulty fighting you even if I was using magic as I regularly would."

Volstagg smiled at the guest, his ego nicely stroked. That was the thing about Asgardians, most of them would believe anything if you said it to them the right way. He noticed Loki holding his stomach and arched a brow. "Are you alright? Ah, I'll bet you're hungry now. I know I am. Are you ready to take up my offer then?" He asked cheerily.