pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

After a few minutes, Volstagg and Fandral returned with bandages. Fandral looked slightly miffed, seeing as Volstagg had explained and he didn't agree with Loki's decision. "I don't like magic any more than the next guy, but it does heal," he pointed out as he knelt and held out the bandages, offering to help. Which, no doubt Loki would avoid and try to do himself. The novelty of this man was wearing off, at least for Fandral, and he was starting to dislike his company. It brought nothing but trouble and embarrassment.

The few minutes of silence shared between him and Hogun was enough for Loki to think quite a bit about what had happened. He did not want to visit a healer and quite frankly, did not trust them not to return with one. But if he passed out from blood loss before they returned, he wouldn't exactly have the power to stop them. Of course, there was another problem. They did have a small point and that was the healing in the first place. On Jotunhiem, healing with magic was taboo. He did not want his brain turned into mush so he refrained from using magic to heal himself. But on Asgard, it was completely different. Why was that? Didn't they share that problem or did Asgardians have another system that prevented that. After about a minute, Loki dismissed the thoughts with a shake of his head. No, his beliefs were not so easily changed. If he could not trust them, he would take matters into his own hands. As Hogun turned to look at the door, he clenched his teeth and curled one hand into a first before turning his attention to his other hand. This was really going to hurt.

By the time Fandral returned, Loki did not look nearly as pained as before. His hands were crossed over his stomach and he seemed quite content with himself. He shook his head and pushed the bandages gently away. It looked like they had not actually brought a healer but that was fine. "I've taken care of the matter," He replied. "I apologize for causing you any distress but it has been dealt with. The bleeding has stopped."

Both men stopped and stared at each other, sharing a long look before returning their attention back to Loki. "What do you mean the bleeding has stopped?" Volstagg finally asked, frowning. "Did you.. Heal yourself?" Why would the man refuse healers but then try to do a haphazard job himself? He was liable to get hurt doing that, while their healers could take care of it easily. That would've been nothing compared to the things they had dealt with in the past.

"Well," Loki replied, a bit too weary to put up a masquerade that he was fine and dandy. Honestly, the trick wouldn't have worked had he not been disguised. Frost Giants did not react so well to fire, after all. But it was a clever trick that on Asgardians, fire burned them instead of melting them. "I stopped the bleeding," He repeated, his hand covering where his injury had been a bit better. "Help me up?" He asked, looking up at Fandral.

Fandral came over and took Loki's arm, helping him to his feet. "How did you do it?" He asked, brows knit together. This fellow was certainly strange, but now he kind of wanted to get away from him now that the novelty had worn off. He was going to get them in trouble. "And are you alright?" He added a moment later. It was his fault he was hurt, anyway.

Loki quickly stabilized himself with one arm, making small circles with it as he teetered about. He was still a bit dizzy but now that he wasn't bleeding, he was feeling much better. He quickly pulled his frayed shirt down to cover the injury, concealing most of his stomach. Only a bit of darkened skin could be seen poking out from under the fabric. "Ah..." He muttered with a shake of his head. "I'll have to repair this..." He looked up at Fandral and smiled slightly. "I'm fine. I'd like to apologize for making such a fuss. I've seen far too many injuries as a result of using magic to heal. I haven't grown used to the idea yet. I didn't mean to worry or offend. I was just alarmed."

Volstagg took a step forward when he began to pinwheel his arms, but luckily the man stabilized himself before he could fall. Fandral was still wary of him, and though he remained polite it was kind of obvious that he was spooked and uncertain. He didn't know what to expect from this man anymore. "You are quite fine, I understand," he assured him with an obligatory smile. "Let us get you back to Thor, however," he went on, gesturing to the door.

Oh dear. There was something in the air now between them all and although he couldn't place his finger on it, it made the others seem distant. Had he messed up? He had probably frightened them all off. Ugh, he hadn't meant to do that! He had actually been trying to be friends but it seemed he had completely destroyed that. First impressions were everything and he had dragged his through the freezing waters of Jotunhiem. They probably wouldn't want to associate with him anymore. "Aye," He replied with a nod. "That would be best." Ignoring the fact he still did not have a proper weapon, he quickly made his way to the door. Even if he couldn't hold onto the others, maybe he could just try to befriend one of them later. Fandral seemed to like him as a woman but Volstagg seemed quite nice. As for Hogun... he didn't seem to talk much.

No one commented on the fact that he hadn't gotten a weapon, whether it was because they forgot or just because they wanted out of there. It didn't matter, because their little gang didn't make it far before Thor found them. "Where have you all been?" He demanded, glaring at his friends until they looked away. "We were just showing Loki around the castle," Volstagg supplied, but shut up at a look from Thor. He was the ringleader of their group, after all. The man approached Loki with some fear and concern in his gaze, hoping his friends hadn't gotten him into too much trouble. "Are you quite alright?"

Loki stopped short when they ran into Thor and the oaf promptly intimidated the rest of them into hardly speaking at all. Was that really how things worked here? It seemed so contrasted to his friends. Of course, his friends were now dead so her preferred to not think about them that often. It made him want to throw up thinking about their last minutes in his insane run for the Tesseract.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Loki replied with a forced smile after the several seconds it took to snap out of his dwelling on the past. "It seemed best to leave you two alone for a while since your conversation seemed so important. But I am alright, as are your friends. Everyone is perfectly fine, spare a few scratches here and there from a little spar we had."

Thor gave Loki a dubious look, but since nothing appeared to be wrong with him, there wasn't much more he could say on the matter. "Very well. It is nearly time for dinner, so I would suggest returning to your room and cleaning up a bit," he replied, eyeing his friends. "And we will meet all of you in the dining hall," he added pointedly, staring them down until they got the hint and started to leave. "You're in for a treat!" Volstagg whispered cheerfully as he passed Loki on his way out.

Loki looked mystified at the words but turned to Thor as the warriors took their leave. "Why do you treat your friends like that?" He asked with a frown, keeping one hand over his stomach. The burns there still hurt but it was enough to grin and bear it. "You treat them like subjects, not comrades. You could be nicer instead of ordering them about and bossing them about."

Thor turned his glare on Loki, waiting until his friends were out of earshot before speaking. "I usually do not, but I have no choice thanks to you! What were you thinking, wandering off with them? Do you realize that if they had discovered your true species, they would have slain you? Not everyone in Asgard is as forgiving as I am. Now, are you going to tell me what is wrong with your stomach?"

"But they will not," Loki replied pointedly. "If I wished to kill myself, I wouldn't do it at the hands of three Asgardian brutes. My transformations are flawless." He didn't put up much of a fuss in lifting his shirt up to reveal a large burn across his abdomen where his cut used to be. "It only stings slightly but at least it is not bleeding any longer. Asgardian anatomy is so different from Jotunar. Normally, I would have melted and refrozen in a different way but there was so melting here."

Thor stared at the wound for a long moment before looking up at Loki, utterly confused judging by the look on his face. "What.. Why did you burn yourself in the first place? What happened?" He asked in dismay. It seemed something would go amiss every day until Loki was back in his native land, which would be years most likely. Loki was proving to be more trouble than he was worth, and it didn't even seem to be on purpose.

"Your friends and I were sparring," Loki explained, lowering his shirt. "I had no intention of loosing but I decided to inhibit myself by not using magic. Except maybe to disguise myself slightly so that it was not apparent I was injured and they stopped the fight prematurely." He wasn't sure why Thor was so shocked. He wasn't bleeding, was he? "It may be a barbaric sport but I would rather not lose anyway. But it is no longer bleeding thanks to the fire."

Thor pinched the bridge of his nose in silent irritation. He wasn't surprised his friends had launched into battle with Loki, they were sometimes too friendly to realize what they were doing. "If you are no longer hurt, then very well. You should have seen a healer, but the matter is over I suppose," he sighed, crossing his arms over his chest. After a moment of silence he thought to ask, "Did you like them? My friends, I mean."

"Well, they wanted me to," Loki replied with a frown. "But I did not wish it. So when they left to find one, I took fire to the wound." He prodded his stomach experimentally then looked up again rather sharply. He took several moments in formulating a response before finally crossing his arms. "They are better than your lady friend, though only Volstagg seemed to like me by the end of it. My phobia appears to have distanced me from them."

At least his friends had attempted to be kind to Loki, though it had backfired. He didn't doubt Volstagg was kind to Loki, that man could be friends with anyone provided they bonded over a meal. "I am sure you could easily make friends with them or others over dinner, if you so wished," Thor mused, watching him prod his stomach. The burn looked bad from his perspective, but Loki seemed indifferent.

"Well, at the very least, I could transform into a lady again," Loki replied thoughtfully as he lowered his shirt. Truth was, it hurt like Helheim. But he was insistant on not having it healed so he had to prove to Thor he was fine by engaging in such behaviors like prodding it and not cringing. But since that point had been proven, he was fine with lowering his tattered shirt once more. "Your friends were having a great deal of fun at the expense of Fandral. I joined in on the games and found his response quite amusing, as did the others. He wasn't quite sure what to make of my spell and it completely baffled him when I apparently changed genders."

Thor arched a brow before chuckling, shaking his head. He could only imagine now Fandral must have reacted. "I assure you, he must have been questioning his preferences. That man is the biggest flirt in Asgard, known to jump from bed to bed. I would not be surprised if he decided to try and woo you," he replied, deciding he wouldn't berate the warrior for it. Loki could handle himself. "But do not feel obligated to change forms for their amusement."

"It would be for my own amusement first and formost," Loki replied. "Mischief of all kinds is still delightful to partake in, even if you have made your threats very opem and obvious." He smiled at Thor, making it very clear that he knew all about the dungeon and had every intention of pushing his limits but not quite crossing the line that would warrant a return there. "Ah, but here is a question; what do Asgardians do to prepare for feasts? I can hardly imagine you wading into waterfalls of chilled water since you seem to have no ability to stand the cold like Frost Giants."

(Sorry, I'm losing interest in this..)

Thor narrowed his eyes warningly at Loki, though he knew that the man would do as he pleased. So long as he didn't cause too much trouble, Thor wouldn't have to imprison him again. He really didn't want to, but Loki kept giving him no choice. "Why would we wade into a waterfall? If you mean cleaning up, then yes, and I suggest you do so. A change of clothes would also benefit you," he replied, looking him up and down.

((We could stop if you aren't interested anymore. It's entirely up to you if you want this to continue or not.))

(It's just the plot.. I dunno, it's just starting to drag on)