Misty-Shroud

Dragon Summoners

Reacting quickly, she lifted the staff to block the hit, though leaving her vulnerable from hits to below. To distract from that, she shifted her weight to her left to send a flying right kick aimed at his side.

Blocking the kick to his side he smirked as he sent his elbow towards her hip to get a hit in. He then spoke, " Your better then my last trainee."

The strike hit, makingher automatically curl over, her staff falling down in her loosened grip, the blade falling towards his face. With a quick inhalation, once she saw what was happening, she sent another kick, higher this time, to knock it away from him. Then she jumped into a side roll away from him, then turned and stood up in one fluid motion. "Thankyou." she told him in reply to his comment, rubbing her hip absently, panting slightly.

Arla was about to just go and wander in the forest when she remembered that she had forgot to tell Jaryk something. She turned into her dragon form and said to him. Sorry, I forgot to tell you this but you don't need to bring your sword tomorrow. Is that a horse you're eating? Wait...how did you get a horse?

Damien smiled to her before he then spoke, " Your welcome. Now how about as a cool down a flight around the grounds. Get your breathing back to normal and keep your body from stiffening up after this little fight."

Marcus sighed as he trailed behind Moniad silently. He would have to try and get to the training grounds earlier the next day. He increased his pace slightly, matching Moniad's pace,"So... a quick sparring session to begin today's lessons?" He asked. He looked at the other groups for a moment as they neared and found a spot near the edge of the training grounds, turning towards Moniad as he stopped.

Jaryk looked up from his meal and gave a quick nod, acknowledging his lack of need for his blade. Then he grunted as he pushed the horse forward. It had a broken leg sitting in a pasture. I believed it to be of no further use to its owners since it appeared to have sat there for a long time. He motioned with his snout towards the carcass. Hungry? Horse takes getting used to, but it's quite tasty.

"sure, but aren't you the mentor? you don't have to ask" Moniad said, pulling out his daggers. He got into a fighting stance with the dagger in his right hand facing up and the dagger in his left hand facing down. "actually, first i have a question" he said, lowering his daggers and looking at the other summoners and trainees, "why do we always train with sharped blades? isn't it safer to train with dulled weapons?" he looked at Marcus.

(ooc: misty, shouldn't you add the character forms to the second post?)

Edited by na82008

What do you think you where doing! You mean person! What if the owner wanted to show the horse to a vet or animal doctor, did you know that? What if that horse was the owners favourite horse and wanted to treat it as fast as they could! Did you even know if the horse was truly injured? What if it just had a small bone that needed fixing! The owner could have just popped it back into place! You better have a good reason on why you were stealing or I'll give you some really boring stuff to do for tomorrows session!

Arla wasn't normally this angry but she couldn't believe that Jaryk would do this. I should have controlled my temper better. I hope that Jaryk doesn't get really upset. Well at least I'll still have a bow to give to him.

Jaryk blinked slightly confusedly, then looked down at the horse. The horse saw me coming. Any normal animal would try to run. Besides, the leg was splayed in so many awkward angles, there was no way it could be fixed.

Akasha was to busy swallowing mist then realizing they were making random forms of whatever they wanted.

Low muse today...

Well you still should have asked the owner's permission first. Sorry for snapping at you like that. I should have controlled my anger better.

Marcus had already unsheathed his sword, but lowered it slightly as Moniad asked a question. He smiled slightly and shrugged before opening his mouth to answer,"Wouldn't you fight against us harder if a sharp blade was coming towards you?" He paused, raising his sword again,"We never actually hurt anyone, except for the occasional scratch or bruise." he finished. He moved forward slowly for a moment before he started moving his weapon quickly towards Moniad. He knew it was easily blocked, but he wanted to see just how quick Moniad had gotten.

((Yes na82008. I just updated it and it should have everyone's character on it now.))

As the sword came toward Moniad he took a step back, then he blocked the sword with his left hand dagger. i could attack with the dagger in my other hand, but he will probably expect that he thought. Then he removed his left dagger from the sword, sidestepped Marcus and used his right hand dagger to try and cut Marcus's right hand.

Nodding mutely, she smiled slightly before shifting into her dragon form. The red dragoness pawed the dirt below her once before leaping into the air, her strong wings pushing her away from the ground and into the sky, a look of almost pure happiness on her face as she flew higher and higher.

Jaryk gave a brief nod in acceptance. I'll do my best not to do that again. I'm used to just foraging for myself. He gave a low rumble and settled down on his front legs. He snorted in amusement. I usually just eat horses just so that the joke works a little better anyway.

Watching her shift form and take off Damien smiled before he then shifted to his own blue dragon form. Leaping up into the air he then began to stretch a bit doing a few stunts to get his wings into perfect form once more. After a bit he then grinned as he flew off to go on a hunt.

Marcus's hand moved back quickly, though it narrowly missed his hand. He truned, taking a step back and pulling his sword closer into a more defensive position. He took in a quick breath before he lightly flicked his blade towards Moniad's left hand. As he did so he shifted his weight to his right leg,moving his left towards Monaid's ankles, hopefully tripping him.

Very well then. I'll see you tomorrow at six o' clock sharp. Don't even think about complaining about the time. She turned back into her dragon form and when she was human again she gave a great sneeze. "ACHOO!" she said. I do hope that I'm not getting a cold. She shook her head and walked to the kitchens. When she arrives she said to the cooks. "Um...can I please have a cup of hot chocolate? I believe I'm getting a cold but I think it will go away in about three days." when she received her chocolate she went to her room and sipped on it for another ten minutes while staring out of the window. Edited by 0023567467

Eres gazed out of the windows as he strolled through the hallways of the keep, where he saw many students training in the courtyard with his fellow summoners. As he looked out, he saw Marcus sparring with a new student. He grinned as he watched for a while, eyeing the teacher's newest move. The student would have a hard time avoiding that one. As he resumed walking around the keep, he saw Arla slip into her room with a steaming cup. She was looking a bit sickly too. Eres approached her door, and rapped his knuckles across it a few times.

"Arla, its Eres. Is it all right if I come in?" He said.

Moniad attempted to side step the blade again instead of blocking it but as he moved to the sidestep the blade Marcus's left foot hit his right foot and knocked him off balance. As he fell, he twisted around to catch him self with his hands.

------------------------------------------------------------

Luna finished up a letter to the ruler of Delin city. she took a drink of water from her goblet ((not sure what the technology level is)) and then set it down. She stud up and walked out the door to the front of the keep and left the letter in a letter box. then she walked to the training grounds to see how the trainees were doing.

Marcus clicked his tongue lightly as Moniad fell, taking a slight step back,"Don't just pay attention to an opponent's weapon. Watch their feet or their free hand if they have one." He instructed simply. He held his hand out towards Moniad as he finished speaking.

((I have a free character that could be her mentor if you want.))

Ok

Akasha sighed as the mist twirled around her happy to have it's ' life' who ever her mentor is he sure is late.

As she flew high above her home, Arisa sighed to herself, looking down with her sharp dragon eyesight to see the tiny figures of people training. It was always so peaceful up here. Flying was probably her favourite thing to do. Barely moving her wings at all, she slowly spiralled downwards, deciding it was probably time to go back.