Misty-Shroud

Dragon Summoners

Jaryk thought for a moment. There are a lot of ways you can seriously hurt someone without killing them. Nevertheless, he gave a quick nod and faced his opponent.

At first, Jaryk ran forward as though he were charging Aria. His gaze was focused and fixed on Aria's movements. As he got near, he flexed his legs as though he were going to jump and throw a powerful slash downwards, but at the last second before he lifted off he collapsed his legs and rolled instead. His hope was that it would be such a change of potential direction that Aria wouldn't know what hit her. His sword was fast approaching Aria's shins as he neared the roll's completion.

Arla watched as Jaryk did a roll and then tried to hit her on the shins. She blocked the blow easily. Yes, his swordsmanship needs to be a bit better than this. She got her sword and hit him on the head with its pommel. "Your roll gave away what you were going to do. Try something more...faster." She readied herself again.

Turning to mist again Akasha watched the fight as her mist broke down to 5 parts as two went inbetween , they can't hurt her as she is liquid as she got a close up look at the battle

"Oh and Jaryk do you have a bow? If not then we can just continue on with spears and then maybe to maces. I was just wondering as we don't supply bows and swords. But as you already have a sword it really isn't a big problem if you miss out on archery."

Damien had gone to answer the trainnee when she had then disappeared. Shaking his head he then turned before he then went to work back on training while keeping an eye out on the students in case something happened that would call for quick movement to get away. Shaking his head once more as he then spun around while he fought.

Akasha closed her eyes(as mist?!) as the mist created something in shape as she opened them the mist went away leaving what the mist was creating a swan as it flew away before the mist swan started to disappear into rain. Wanting to create a creation that'll last longer then 2 minutes Akasha went to look for the book she learned that from.

Jaryk grunted in disappointment as he had the pommel shoved into his head. Clearly, deceptive attacks as elaborate as that have a time and place. He got up and righted himself again. "I'll try better next time." He took up his neutral stance once more, the sword poised and ready to go.

He blinked however as she asked about a bow. "No...I'm afraid I don't have a bow. I've always wanted to learn to be an archer, but I never got the chance nor the means." He scrunched his nose in disappointment as she mentioned that they didn't have bows to practice with.

Damien stepped forward as the match was finished before he heard the comments about the bow. Tilting his head he then spoke, " I have a training bow and arrow in my room from when I was a trainee. I was more apt with a blade so I didn't go any further. You can use them if you needed as long as they stay in good condition and later you will either have to make your own bow or buy one made for you."

She looked at him again and started the fight this time. She had her eyes on his shoulder to look like she was going to aim for it but at the last second she flicked her wrist and instead her sword rapped Jaryk on his right kneecap.

(Hi everyone! Since 0023567467's charrie Arla is taken, and Mist seems to be currently inactive, is it alright if Damien is my character's mentor?)

Jaryk was surprised to see another behind him. He smiled at the mention of a bow. "If you could loan it to me, that'd be fantastic. Eventually I would want to make my own, but that clearly takes time." He gave a brief nod of appreciation.

He nearly jumped out of his skin when Aria attacked him so unexpectedly. He had little time to do anything except react, and drew his sword up to his shoulder to block. Instead, he found himself in pain, another strike landed on him. Jaryk started to become frustrated.

He lunged forward, swinging his sword repeatedly in short quick arcs. Every swipe was directed at a different part of Aria. His gaze was intensely focused, his eyes watching Aria's movements with the greatest scrutiny to ensure he missed nothing.

Akasha started walking towards a misty forest as she tilted her hand,as she watched the mist twist and turn into a bow shape she slowly let the mist fog away revealing a bow. Since it wasn't animated like the swan,she could focus on it's form rather then how it's suppose to move as she pulled the string back as mist gathered around forming an arrow as she shot it the mist was blown away revealing a half created arrow darn I shot it too early she thought as it hit a tree.

(Sure Damien can be your character's mentor.)

Damien nodded his head to the trainee before he then moved out of the way as he heard the whistle of Aria's blade cutting through the air. He then chuckled as he moved out of the way knowing that this could take a little while since she had surprised attacked her trainee. He then began to head to his room to grab the bow and arrows before heading on back.

Arla blocked every blow Jaryk swung and said to him. "Move your feet. It's not like your glued to the ground." She was going to give him a blow to the stomach when the sun got into her eyes. She quickly ducked down and swung her sword at Jaryk's legs so that she could still see.

With every blocked strike, Jaryk became more and more intently focused. His strikes became gradually more powerful as time went on, and he waited for his opening. She'll make a mistake at some point.

Finally, it came. Aria squinted and ducked as the sun reached her eyes. With a flying leap, Jaryk flew over her, her blade cutting through the air where his legs once were. His jump somersaulted him over her, and his rotation allowed for a powerful mid air swing directly at her back. Jaryk grinned, knowing she was completely exposed.

Akasha sighed as she shot another arrow,perfecting the time as it shot through the air fully completed as when it hit,it left a dent in the tree and disappeared into mist . Wishing for someone to talk or train with she shot another arrow a bit too quick this time as it disappeared in the air.

She saw Jaryk jump over her and knew that he would win but before he could land strike her on the back she changed into her dragon form and pinned him to the ground. "Very good for a beginner. Next time we do this I'll go a bit harder on you as that was just a teaser." She changed back into her human form and then said. "Lets go over here were the dragon changing is. I want to see what you look like in a dragon form."

Akasha was still shooting arrows when she ran out as she inhaled, as a huge cloud of mist entered her mouth as she sighed, having her meal

Jaryk yelped as he was suddenly pinned to the ground by a monstrous dragon. He sighed, denied a victory he was sure he would have. He vowed to try harder from then on.

But Jaryk's eyes lit up at the mention of his dragon. "Alright, I'm sure you won't be disappointed." In fact, Jaryk was anxious to spread his wings again. It had been so long where it was "unacceptable and dangerous" to do so, that he had almost forgotten what he looked like. He was glad to get the opportunity.

The pair walked to the changing area, Jaryk flexing his fingers in anticipation. He looked at Aria eagerly, his blue irises already starting to glow. "What would you like me to do?"

Edited by Rarek

"Change into a dragon." she said smoothly. "I want to see what you look like. Once you have done that then I'll assign you with some exercises."

Akasha sighed as she had a hiccup as her eyes were wide as she started crying. For the first time in her life she had hiccups and cried but quickly clasped her hand over when she heard them as she closed her eyes and relaxed as a silver/white tail grew from under her skirt and her hands became large silver talons as she fell to the ground as the rest of her body became a dragon too. As she opened her mouth with was a long one with a curved beak she letted some mist out as her scales blended in as this large form was easily seen as she waited for the next thing Aria will say.

As Arla finished speaking, a sleek red dragon landed beside her and the new boy. "Hey, Arla, orry to interrupt, but have you seen Damien? I'm late to practice because I lost track of the time." Its voice was distinctly feminine, and it also held a casual tone that suggested she wasn't that worried about being late. She then turned her intelligent eyes on the boy. They were brown, with vivid green and blue flecks, which contrasted greatly with her blood-red scales. She wasn't a large dragon, and she had no spines or frills, but her tail was long and her wings exceptionally large. "Who're you?" With that question, she shifted into a girl, in her teens, with dark, raggedy brown hair cut close to her head like a boy and the same, intelligent, intense eyes. She was wearing a black shirt with a high neck and boot-leg pants. Since she had no sleeves, you could see the lean, wiry muscles on her arms. "I'm Arisa."

Her silver eyes stared from the mist, waiting patiently as she had a deeper shading of silver on her spine to make it look like monsters are attacking illusion if she moved it up and down and up and down. As she focused her blood there it turned to match the mist as something shot her but her body disappeared as mist as the area's mist swirled above the wound which was bleeding as it healed in an instant, Akasha knew better as she got out of the way as another arrow whizzed at her. Growling she quickly ran or rather slither towards the arrows direction of shooting, hoping to find something to kill, all she saw were two chipmunks fiddling with a thrown out bow and some arrows. As mist swirled around them they shrieked in fear as Akasha devoured them the mist is my territory she growled.

Nissel watched quietly from the shadows of the training area as Arla spoke to her trainee and the red dragon girl, Arisa. He stepped out of the shadows, puffing himself up to try and look big and walked over. "M-might I have help finding Damien as well? If you're not to busy or anything. I mean, I'm sure I could do it on my own but...help?"

Damien soon walked back to the area before shaking his head as he saw that his trainee's had finally arrived. Handing the bow and arrow over to Jaryk he then spoke, " Take care of them." He then looked over at Nissel and Arisa. Then he tilted his head, " Why is it that you two seem to be late each time I set for training?"