Misty-Shroud

Dragon Summoners

Damien smirked as he began to circle with her before he then nodded his head, " Go." With that he then sent a bit of healing magic to his eyes causing them to slit so that the sun didn't blind him when he moved. He then brought his sword up while swiping his foot out.

Akasha nodded, she needed time to control her mist as it flew to the part that was injured as her skin went back to normal.

as Moniad watched the fights unfold, he decided to go train on a tree. as he got to the tree line he heard animal scurrying around. he headed a little ways in, the walked up to to a tree, took out one of his daggers, and marked an X on the tree. he took a few steps back, and threw his tomahawks at the tree. the first missed by about a foot, the second hit within 3 centimeters of the center and the third hit 2 inches away from the center. "i need to practice my aiming more" he said to himself.

Jaryk eyed the pillar closely, looking for potential weak points or fractures. Spotting a crack no bigger than a blade of grass, he focused a small and very hot jet of flame into the crack. As it expanded, he provided more fire to fill the gap.

After about four minutes of this precision, the pillar lay cleanly in two, its insides completely molten. Jaryk stood back and raised his gaze into Aria's own dragon eyes, as though inviting her to inspect his work. He couldn't help but hum in approval at what he'd accomplished.

Her face emotionless, (a skill she developed over three years ago) Arisa usedthe bladed tip of her staff to catch his sword, while the wooden bottom wept out blocking his foot. Then she swept it around quickly, getting it behind his foot and aiming to hook it to tip him over or at least unbalance him.

Damien smiled gently at that move as he made another swipe before he then went back a few steps. He then looked to her, " You have been practicing."

Why have you stopped? You were supposed to melt the whole pillar until it melted into nothing. Also control which way the fire goes by your tongue. Point you tongue right and the fire will go right point it left and it'll go left. She sat down and waited until he had finished melting the pillar.

He gave a low grumble. Clearly the task was more difficult than he anticipated. Still, there's strategy in this, he thinks. Surface area was the key. He found every crack in the pillar he could and doused them in flame. After a few minutes, the pillar seemed to crumble beneath the flames, splitting into many tiny pieces. At this point he brought the full force of the flame down upon the tiny shards, keeping at it for a full 15 minutes before they were gone. It was three times longer than what Aria predicted, but it still left him winded. He was glad the pillar had gone. Edited by Rarek

Very good. With practise I think you will get faster every time. Now go and have something to eat for lunch. It is nearly two o' clock and I will not let you starve. That is an order by the way so you cannot object. Also I will not see you again today as our session is finished, go do whatever you want. She sat up and turned back into her human form.

Arla walked across the training field and went back into her room where she got out a gold bracelet with diamonds studded within it. I have other pieces of jewellery more valuable than this so I guess this is no loss. She walked down eight flights of stairs, pushed open some doors and entered a large room. "Hello Miko. It is very nice to see you again. I have a student who is without a bow and I want you to make one for him. If you do this for me I'll give you this bracelet." she held out the bracelet for Miko to see. "Well hello Arla! Long time no see. I'll see what I can do for you. Come back in three days and I'll show you what I have made""Thanks Miko. Here," she gave the bracelet to Miko and walked out of the room.

"Mmm." Eyeing him carefully, she blocked the sweep and brought the blunt end up into the air, flying up to hit him in the stomach. If he stepped back, the staff should still be long enough to hit him under the chin. Most likely, anyway. If it hit, she would sweep it back down in the position it was before, if it missed, it would swing in a full circle, leaving the sharp blade inches from Damien's face.

Akasha started inhale her mist as she ate it, feeling it in her stomach, not dissolving for later as she felt it go inside her lungs. As she blew out gently the mist was summoned out " so thats how it works!" She said happily as she started walking away " or not..." As she saw mists follwing her from behind.

Moniad decided he had trained enough. "my mentor isn't going up any way, why dose it matter if i was late, i should just go back for today" he said to him self as he started walking back to his dorm.

((sorry my post aren't longer, but i don't have much to work with))

Damien looked to her before he then smiled gently. Seeing the dangerous swipe he then brought his gift up turning into a pillar of water while her weapon went through him. He then shifted back to human form before he looked to her once more a grin on his lips.

Arisa frowned slightly, since the swip had just gone through him, rather than rebounding off him, she was left with the blade pointing towards his face. "You said blades only." she muttered, her eyes glowing slightly, fire running around her fingers and down the staff. "Guess that meant no dragon form. Not no powers." Without hesitation she swung the blunt end round at him, fire running down to the end and leaping towards her mentor, followed swiftly by her staff.

Jaryk gave a low grunt in acknowledgement to his mentor. He wasn't exactly entirely pleased with his performance, but it would have to do. He couldn't change it now.

Remaining in dragon form, he lifted off from the ground and took to the skies. The air was fresh and exhilarating. How he had yearned for the air for so long. Stretching his wings and soaring over the countryside, he soon came across a small pasture.

I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse, he thinks to himself. Which is of course exactly what he planned on doing. He searched the pasture for a horse which did not look as strong as the others, one that the owners would mind less if it went missing. Soon, he discovered one resting in the corner with what appeared to be a broken leg. Perfect. No doubt they'll be getting rid of this one soon.

With a low swoop, Jaryk came down and snatched up the horse in his jaws before it had a chance to make a sound. He made sure he killed it instantly, biting down hard. He felt the animal go limp in his jaws, and he gave a satisfied snort. Soon enough, he turned his wings back towards the training grounds.

Once the grounds were in sight, he found a place nearby to set down that was far enough from the others who were still training below. He tore into the horse and began to enjoy his meal. It had been forever since he'd had horse meat, and it was certainly a treat now.

(ooc isn't that thievery? i can't imagen that being allowed in the guild, even if it was a weak horse, it could have been very important to someone)

When Moniad reached his dorm, he opened the door and went in. "i don't care if they find me here, its not like i would be doing anything anyway" he said to himself as he sat down on his bed. it might even be better if they notice i'm gone, i might be able to convince them to get me a new mentor he thought.

Kyndra made her way down towards the archery range, looking towards where many of the trainees were already beginning their training for the day. She changed her gaze back towards the archery range, picking up her pace a bit. She always practiced her archery, despite the fact that she had been a Dragon summoner for over a year. It always seemed to calm her down. As she got closer, she pulled her bow off of her shoulder and walked towards a specific target near the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marcus walked towards the training grounds, watching the different exchanges between the mentors and trainees. He knew it was odd simply watching people, but he didn't care. It gave him something to do while he waited for some of the other people to wake up. As he looked at the different trainees he realized one was missing. Moniad was almost always her early. Marcus let out a sigh and started walking towards the building where the trainee dorms were kept.

((If you want na82008 Marcus can be Moniad's mentor tongue.gif ))

Damien chuckled before he then nodded his head as he brought his blade up to catch the staff before it could hit. He then spoke, " Yes I am here to teach you how to survive. Some of the others would be straight forward but I want you to learn how to fight and use your powers. It's slightly harder to use them in this form so it's good to learn how to do it now instead of wishing that you had when in a fight for your life."

Bringing up a small wave of water to get rid of the flames he then turned as he sent his sword to her side. He then spoke, " It would take too long for you to shift into dragon form in a fight like this and you could be injured during the shift."

Nodding slightly, she softly murmured, "True. And I respect what you do. I prefer your realistic training. Thankyou." Concentrating, she summoned her fire again, sighing softly as it ran over her bare arms, carefully restricting it so it didn't burn her clothing.

Her staff sliding across the surface of Damien's sword, Arisa waited one, two seconds, then swiftly grabbed the blunt end, the fire on her arms streamed down her staff as well. Gripping the end with her other hand as well, she pulled it towards her slightly, than flipped the remaining half over so it would hit whatever was below it. The head or the shoulder. The staff was so long, the blade wouldn't actually hit him, but the wood was hard enough to hurt a lot.

((OOC: ok Misty))

Moniad lay in his bed, remembering how things were before he had been chosen. he couldn't deny that if he had the chance, he wouldn't change anything, but he still missed the old days. Back then he had always dreamed of adventure and power, now that he had power, and a guild that would get him as close to adventure as possible, he didn't think it was the same as the storys. Maybe i haven't seen real adventure, maybe everything will become a story someone will tell their children, and this is just the beginning he thought.

Marcus walked towards the wooden door that led to Moniad's room. He knocked quietly on the door and then opened it, looking at Moniad who was lying on his bed. He gave him a quick quizzical look,"What are you doing in here? You should be training." He said, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorway as he looked at the trainee.

Moniad sat up quickly. "I just thought... that you weren't showing up today because of how late you were" he said, "sorry." He got up from the bed and walked out the door.

Damien looked to her before he then nodded his head, " You are very welcome." He then turned to avoid the hit but it hit the side of his arm. Hissing slightly he then sent a little healing magic to it before he then sent his sword swinging to her shoulder.

Akasha sighed, she felt like she was the only one without a mentor as she tried shooting a arrow from afar but it would always hit the ridge.