Dragonhatchling

1x1 Master and I

Lyra paused a moment in her thinking, the girl Carol somewhat ruining her concentration, and looked over to Allikan sprawled on the ground. Should she? "His name is Allikan." She answered rather quickly, returning to her thoughts for a second before she gently touched the largest crystal to Carol's wound. "Sorry if that hurt... it'll hopefully be gone in a few minutes." She added with a little concern, knowing that it probably did hurt.

But after that, Lyra softly and very meticulously began to start the process to heal Carol's gash. All Carol could probably hear was the soft and articulate words being strung together that seemed to have no meaning. They weren't likely English either, but they definitely were words. The crystal piece started to glow a bit brighter from this, but Lyra continued it. Her voice got a little louder around the middle of this once the wound actually started to close properly. She didn't stop, even though she was amazed herself, and continued on with the same concentration and meticulous tendency she held at the beginning. It didn't even cross her mind that Carol might have been scared by all this, but Lyra did warn her before she started that she couldn't move under any circumstances.

(OOC: Couple things:

Still wondering if you want a description.

I sent you a PM, random jumble of confusion that I've partly sorted out, since you've been busy I wasn't sure if you saw it and didn't reply or simply didn't see it. (I feel all pushy asking, soarry.))

Carol winced a little at the staff's touch, it stung just a little. She almost looked over her shoulder, but she stopped herself, she would stay still like she had been told. She felt a slight tingling in her back as a light appeared from behind her, it didn't necessarily feel bad. She squinted as the light got brighter.

Allikan felt light searing into his eyes, it was really bright. He tried to close his eyes, only to find they were already shut. He peeled his face off the ground and slowly opened them. The light no longer felt so bright. He sat up and looked towards the source. He squinted a little and saw a figure that he presumed to be Lyra holding her staff to another figure's back. He could really tell for sure though. He wanted to say something, but felt he shouldn't.

((I saw it when you pm;d it to me, but I haven't gotten the chance to really read it or respond. I'm barely on here as is at the moment thanks to school homework for summer and school looming over my head (one more week.... uuuugggh) and then family stuff. I should have time tonight to read the pm over actually good enough to respond. This is just gonna be a quickie post though.

And if you wanna write a description for her, sure, go at it smile.gif ))

Lyra finished her chanting after a few more minutes, noticing the wound was essentially closed. The skin between the torn fabric seemed closed. The brightness of the crystal suddenly quit, closing with Lyra's "Ok. All set." and the secret hope that this Carol girl really was ok.

She also noticed around the time she stopped chanting that Allikan seemed to be somewhat awake, though never did anything about it. Now, though, she turned her attention to him. "You awake sleepy-head? How's your head anyways?" She asked after standing up and leaning on her staff a bit. Her old injury was starting to hurt her right shoulder and leg again. But She only did this for a few split seconds before introducing Carol politely and walking over with her staff to hand it to him. "You're still going to use this."

(OOC: Eez fine, don't feel pressured to reply, I just wasn't sure if you saw.

EDIT: I can't actually remember what the PM was about, i should probably go read that. I bet it's an embarrassing jumble of confusing thoughts that have no pertinence to each other.

I'll get on it. smile.gif

Oh, and, it's a stick. tongue.gif)

Allikan gratefully took the stick, rubbing the back of his head, "It's fine. What hit me?" He asked. Now that the light was gone he could tell that Gum Girl, or Carol as it seemed, was the one Lyra had been healing. It was lost on him as to ask why, it was obviously the right thing to do. Then again, he probably would've knocked her out as soon as he saw her and that would have been that.

Carol felt better, she could tell her back wasn't perfect, but she wasn't gonna die anymore. She stood as Lyra talked with Allikan. She quickly made a decision on what to do next. As she walked away from the two she turned around, she was proficient in walking backwards without hitting anything, and called out to Lyra, "Hey! I owe you one!" She said as she tossed a piece of gum at her. The she turned her back to them and walked into some thick brush.

(OOC: Description of Carol:

She's not really tall or short, somewhere in the middle.

She has moderately dark skin, not quite black, but close.

She has bright blue eyes, though they seem sort of dulled due to her being tired.

Her hair is solid black and perfectly straight.

She's wearing blue jeans and a white tank top, as well as having a pick jacket. (Those last two are probably ruined...)

She's also wearing an earring, the other fell off or something, and a necklace. Both are fairly small and have sky blue jewels.

Her nose is fairly straight, but not pointy.

She has thin eyebrows, barely visible. Her eyelashes are fairly small as well.

Her nails are fairly long and still have some residue from the blue nail polish she had when the game started.

Her shoes are pink, and covered in mud. They're also not tennis-shoes, I don't know what they're called though.

And, I probably shouldn't say this, her breasts are fairly small. (Don't kill me, I'm trying to be thorough.)

Wow, I can actually pull a pretty good description. I will now do better in all my apps. biggrin.gif )

Edited by MasterWeavile898

((I will now never trust my computer again when it says I posted. I obviously didn't post a response to this. *smashes computer* and what's a stick? ....Lyra's 'stick' isn't a stick wink.gif ))

"Err... well... a shoe hit you, coupled with a foot inside that shoe and a body to give that shoe and foot force to knock you over and out." Lyra answered Allikan with a slight bit of sarcasm to cover the fact he got kicked and knocked out.

When Carol started leaving Lyra was about to ask her not to, but then decided that it might be better if she did. Allikan might kill her otherwise. Or something. She nodded when Carol mentioned owing her. She sure did. "Keep safe though!" She called back, picking up the gum.

She waited until Carol was actually gone before turning back to Allikan, ripping the gum in half. "Here. We'll share... since it'll help sedate our thoughts for a bit on hunger while we try and find our little Pygmy friends. Perhaps a crazed and now grumpy bird too, though I doubt he'll come back. Not for another month or so. Not directly." She handed the half of gum to him, pretending nothing else happened. "You alright to do that? The whole looking thing? Cuz if not, I'll look and you can just focus on walking and sleeping." She added with a smile and slightly joking tone. A little tease couldn't hurt. It'd at least take his mind off getting knocked out.

((phfff xd.png DH's brain forgot to put what she was gonna say about the description. That's very very well Master! smile.gif It really is. Very thorough too. Which is always a plus.))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

(OOC; *Bows* Thank you, I'm suddenly getting better with descriptions, I need to apply for an RP with human charries soon so I can test these new abilities out. wink.gif )

Allikan gave Lyra an indignant glare and took the gum. He popped it in his mouth and wondered at Carol, she seemed quite sincere. He found himself unusually glad of that.

"I'll be fine." He said, also indignantly. Then he stood and, despite a bit of pain in his leg, began walking. then something struck him, and this time it wasn't a shoe, "Maybe they're not on these paths." He suggested, "If you can even call them paths." He was referring to the slightly less brush-filled areas he and Lyra had been walking on. They were gaps in the trees a few feet across with minimal amounts of undergrowth and a total lack of grass. They looked less like pre-cut paths and more like areas that had been walked over a lot when the forest was new but became overgrown as people came here less. Completely preposterous since this whole place was artificial and only a few days old, but a pretty good description.

"You told them to go somewhere only a pygmy could." He realized he was paraphrasing, but he didn't remember exactly what she'd said (OOC: In other words: I don't feel like going back and reading,), "Well, I think a human can go pretty much anywhere on these paths. Though I'm not sure I'm really fit for trailblazing." He felt so useless with his injury, hopefully it would improve quickly.

(OOC: And it's a stick. tongue.gif )

((K it's a stick. A fancy, magical stick.))

Lyra looked at the pathways, thinking as Allikan spoke. She was listening to him, but also wondering where they might find a Pygmy. "No... I don't think we need to trailblaze... Match probably took that into consideration too. It'd make too much noise and notify them if someone was coming. Which would be nice, if it weren't for the bit of information that he prefers someplace quiet to hear if people are coming. That way he doesn't have to worry constantly about noise." She told Allikan without looking off the path. She then looked at him. "I think we're going the right way. They know you can't bushwhack anyways...." Her expression seemed one hundred percent sure of herself and her thought. "But we'll find 'em." She nodded, smiling. "We just gotta think like Pygmies occasionally on our walk."

Allikan wasn't really sure, Lyra's logic seemed a bit off to him. Then again... "You're probably right, especially if Match was carrying Rita. It would be hard for him to not leave an obvious trail." He looked around a bit before heading off in- What was with that look? Lyra had been watching the path up until now, and then she just gave him this look... He felt like slapping himself for his thoughts, but at least he was managing to look her in the eyes. And of course he felt his gaze slipping off her eyes as he said that. He quickly turned away and concentrated on the path, "Um, and, um, besides, like I said, um, I really shouldn't be trailblazing anyway." He felt his face redden slightly.

(OOC: I feel so perverted posting this. Especially since I'm working on a twist later. I hinted at that in Allikan's last post BTW.)

((*is slightly clueless because she's doubting herself for maybe finding it*))

Lyra nodded again, pretending not to notice his slight blushing. She couldn't quite figure out why he was having that happen, but decided not to make a sight of it. "That's why we're going to think like Pygmies who know you can't bushwhack. They pry are too. So we're gonna find 'em." She still held the smile, not caring if this sounded crazy and childish. She watched the path again, walking alongside Allikan to keep pace with him. "They're probably very aware we're around somewhere. I wouldn't imagine they would go too far off... Match could tell how much you cared about Rita, and he didn't seem to me like the Pygmy to just go shoot off and not give a crap about other people and their feelings. Heck, he even smashed someone's face in for me when I first met him. I doubt that kid's ok too... he got hit pretty hard with my stick from that crazy Pygmy." She chuckled, shaking her head. "They're stronger than they look too Allikan. They sure are. So Match is taking good care of Rita, I'm sure of that." She smiled again and nodded, glancing to him. "So no worries there. I'll even bet that if we pass them, we'll know about it cuz they'll come get us and steer us in the right direction." She sounded sure of herself enough as she looked back to the path.

(OOC: Hehe, it won't come up again for a while.)

Allikan felt kind of stupid. And completely missed everything Lyra said about the Pygmies. Well, not everything, he heard enough to know what she was talking about, but he was most yelling at himself in his head, "Stupid, stupid, stupid. Why'd you go and do that? Hopefully she didn't catch you. There should be anything to catch you for! Stupid, stupid, stupid." He turned to look at Lyra again. He caught her glancing at him, but he couldn't meet her gaze, "She's going to figure out something is up. She'll probably hate you forever. Maybe you should go be an idiot to some other girl." He returned his focus to walking and tried to push his thoughts out of his mind.

(OOC: Which makes total sense, I think. tongue.gif)

Lyra quieted after her little spiel ((Spheal!)) about the Pygmies and not worrying. She continued to watch the pathway and listened for any sounds that might signal a Pygmy. Only a stray snake managed to catch her attention a bit more. She loved snakes, and was extremely tempted to go chase after it as it slithered across the path and through some patches of root, leaves and grass. But Lyra knew she couldn't leave Allikan there to go catch a missing snake. Something in her mind though told her to go after it. "Heeerre little snakey!" She called endearingly, running up after it.

She tripped over a root, catching herself and managing to corner the snake somehow under a cluster of roots nearby. It wasn't happy, but she could tell by the headshape and color that it wasn't venomous. She reached inside the mess of roots, leaves and grass to grab the snake. Her hand came out slightly bloody, but the snake was in grasp. Unbelievably, it seemed rather calm after that. "Got it!!" Lyra announced to Allikan who wasn't far away. She allowed the snake to slip around her neck, amused that it rested there comfortably without caring that she was getting up.

"Cute little thing too." She added with a smile, lifting the snake's head up slightly so Allikan could see it. The snake's remarkable grey-green coloring and bright yellow eyes were something Lyra was used to seeing in a Garter Snake. "Sorry for running off too. I figured this little guy might be able to help us find Match a bit."

Allikan felt his mood lighten a bit at Lyra's antics. But he was still mad at himself, at least she didn't seem to have noticed. He tried to smile at her when she held up the snake, but he couldn't manage it. He felt he should say something.

"That's good, we should hurry." Was all he could muster.

He felt stupid, so stupid. He knew he should just get over it, but he felt like he was betraying Lyra somehow. He tried hard to clear his head, so stupid.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid." He muttered, hoping Lyra couldn't hear him.

"Maybe we should get going?" He said somewhat brashly.

"Stupid, you're going to make her mad."

(OOC: Wow, I call myself stupid a lot. (I'm sort of using some of my own, not necessarily current, thought processes for this.)

I don't see this ending too well...)

((Who said anything about 'well'? wink.gif ))

Lyra nodded when Allikan said to get going afterward. She had heard him completely, and all his stupids. She had an idea of what that consecutive remarks to himself might be for, but didn't ask about the comments. When he suggested they go a second time, she nodded. "K. We'll go." She turned around with the snake still on her neck and started walking. "You're gonna help find Match Snakey." She told the snake, holding its head up slightly with the hand that wasn't a little bloody.

(OOC: Good point.)

Allikan couldn't seem to think anything positive, it was making him angrier with himself. He felt bad, subjecting Lyra to his stupidity and all. It felt to him like everything he did made the situation worse, even the one time he'd tried to be helpful he'd just dragged her down. And now he was just moping, he was such a wimp. A stupid wimp. He barely even noticed what Lyra was doing. He wasn't even sure he could look at her. He decided he needed to just leave, she'd be just fine without him.

"Hey Lyra, I think.. I think it might be best if I just left, I'm just dragging you down." He thought for a moment about Rita, he didn't think she'd understand. But he had to do what he had to do, right?

"The only productive thing I've done is get us out of that cave. And I'm the reason we were in that situation anyway, not to mention injuring my leg. I've made Venril angry, gotten myself hurt, and now I'm just being stupid." He hung his head a bit, "I'm no help at all, without me you'd probably have won already."

He tossed down her stick and turned to go. He knew this was futile, he couldn't outrun her, and she wasn't just going to let him leave, but he had to try anyway.

(OOC: Allikan tends to beat himself up. Not to mention, Lyra really is doing all the work.

Reading back on this, wow. I sound pretty darn pathetic. (Again, sorta using myself as a base for this part.)

EDIT: I can just hear Lyra thinking, "not this again.", or something like that.)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Lyra stopped when Allikan mentioned himself leaving. She frowned to that, trying to figure out where that came from. He wasn't useless, but he was already walking away after going on more about his uselessness that he figured he had.

"Allikan..." She started, picking up her staff. She wondered what the snake might do, but left it around her neck. "Allikan, you didn't make Venril mad... he was mad at me because I told him to get off you." She briskly walked to catch up to him, not wanting to run to scare the snake. "You did get yourself hurt... but we wouldn't have gotten out of the cave otherwise... and thats ok. It's way better than being spiked to death by crazy magic kid who went somewhere!" She added a bit more earnestly. "And you're not stupid!" She stopped in front of him. "You're not dragging me down. You're not being helpless. You're not fricken stupid..." She was starting to get a bit more worked up about this than she would have thought. It took a lot to get her to start talking with her hands, but that was going on. They kept rising and falling with each 'you're not' sentence. "Hell if I would have won already... I doubt it. Heartless people loose first Allikan. Then goes the nice ones. Then the idiots, then us. Who's left? Spike-happy kid who's somewhere! He's the one who'd win if you hadn't teamed up with me. I'd still be stuck in that cave... with a crazy bird and a pygmy who probably would be dead too!"

The snake seemed rather uncomfortable about this. He probably picked up on the heightened emotions and wondered what the odd yelling was about. Lyra wasn't exactly yelling, she seemed more distressed that Allikan was leaving than actually yelling, but she had unintentionally raised her voice.

(OOC: Oh my, I can be really idiotic, can't I?)

"You wouldn't have been in that cave if it weren't for me." Allikan said, trying to go around Lyra, "I've done nothing productive whatsoever."

He saw that he couldn't win though, Lyra was far too persistent, "But if you insist, fine." He said.

His stopped trying to get past and turned to continue down the path. He stopped a moment to pull a thorn off a plant. He then rolled up his sleeve, revealing a mess of shallow scars, and slid the thorn along his upper arm, drawing blood. He grabbed the apple out of his pocket, stuck the bloodied thorn in it, and threw it into the forest. That done, he rolled his sleeve down again and continued again. His normal cheerful demeanor was missing, his head hung and his feet dragged a bit. He probably knew Lyra was right, but he didn't want her to be right. He really just wanted to be alone.

(OOC: For some reason I saw this scene ending with them making out, but that's way too fast. So I derailed it from that course.)

((Quite harshly might I say :s *smacks Allikan* Bad!!))

Lyra saw what Allikan did, immediately angered with him even though she didn't show any of it. She could see he was troubled, so instead of freaking on him, she let him be and walked along in quiet, slightly behind him. A small, almost unoticable, frown was upon her face where a smile used to have been. The snake seemed sad even, which wasn't exactly horrific. It cuddled up to her neck more, glad from the warmth the skin-to-scale contact offered and stayed like that. Honestly, it almost looked like the snake was trying to cheer them both up by doing this.

Lyra, being a natural lover of animals, found a bit of comfort in the snake's wanting to be near her. She didn't find it weird, or scary, that the snake had tightened his body around her neck eversoslightly. It wasn't a constrictor. It was harmless. It was probably cold too. Or colder than it would have normally been on the ground in some grass.

She was distracted for the most part though, partly wanting Allikan to be happy. She knew she had caused him to do that to himself and didn't want it to be worse. She could see some of the blood already on his sleeve, which reminded her for a split second that her hand was slightly cut from a sharp tree root. That bleeding had stopped though, but the lines of blood were still there. It looked pretty gruesome now that she thought of it. But Lyra decided to wash it off later and went back to thinking of Allikan.

Should she let him actually go? He'd get killed probably. She would. She definitely would get killed at some point. Would have gotten killed back at that cave if it hadn't been for him. No matter what he said, she knew she was going to head to that cave to begin with. Match had planned to take her there. So much for Match too. Hopefully him and Rita were okay. Allikan was her attention-center though. He needed to be alright for Lyra to switch to something else. Why? She couldn't say. It was something. Something compelled her to care more than she did with any of these other idiotic challengers that had tried to impress her or kill her. She'd shoot all them down in a heartbeat. But Allikan. She couldn't. If it did come down to him or her. Well, she knew where she stood. She was prepared for anything on that subject and knew the results wouldn't be in either's favor. It wouldn't be fair. But then, since when was this competition fair?

Never.

Lyra was going to change that.

(OOC: Yeah. :/ )

Allikan did his best to act cheerful, but he was really pretty depressed. He didn't know what was up with himself, nothing ever upset him like this. He felt lonely, even though Lyra was right nearby, "Oh be quiet, stop feeling so sorry for yourself." He thought, "It's not like it's helping any. The least you can do, if you really want to help, is do your best. If she won't let you leave do the next best thing and try." He supposed that made sense, "Fine, we'll do it your way." He muttered.

He looked at his arm, it was pretty bloody for such a small cut. He did that to remind himself whenever he made a big mistake, so that he wouldn't do it again. He held his head as high as he could muster, and picked his feet up as best he could. But inside he was still hanging his head, still dragging his feet. He felt like kicking himself.

Lyra thought the small mutter Allikan made was a little funny, in an odd sense, but knew it could simply be because he was thinking to himself. She wondered on what. Probably her. Probably her stupidity and selfishness. That was it. Selfish. That's what she was.

"Hey... Allikan..." She started meekly; a start contrast from the usual stronger self she was. She didn't quite look at him. "You can go if you want. I'm sorry for making you come this way and yelling." She finished, looking completely back to the path they follow now. She had been next to him when she spoke- still was now- and didn't slow her stride. If he wanted to leave, he could. She'd understand.

(OOC: Um, I think you just rerailed it. Calculating... Calculating... Yep, definitely on the rails and heading straight for the boat. I guess it's happening then.

Also: Colors! I like using colors, though sometimes they make RPing too easy. *Is going to use colors now*)

Allikan turned his head, surprised at Lyra's sudden change of heart, "What?" He asked in surprise, "But.. You.. What?" He wasn't so sure he wanted to go anymore, he felt selfish (OOC: xd.png), "Nice going nitwit, you finally got her to admit you're right and you change your mind? That's pretty inconsiderate of you." He pushed those thoughts aside. But now what? He held in a sigh.

He reached out and touched Lyra's shoulder, being careful not to touch the snake. Then he stopped, gently urging her to do so also, "Look." He said, both as an instruction and as a simply part of his speech patterns, "I'm sorry, I'm being selfish. You're right, I may or may not actually be helping, but acting like this is definitely not helping." He felt bad for being so unkind, "I'm sorry." Was all the more he could manage to say.

(OOC: Hmm, maybe I can do something with the snake? (Or maybe I should just let it go.)

Oh no! The fancy magical stick! We left it behind! Yes! (Or no?) Derailing ahoy! (Or not? I'm really not sure how I want this to go anymore.))

((Nah the fancy stick is there. She's kinda using it to walk xd.png and the snake! The snake... well... you'll see!))

Lyra stopped when Allikan caused her to stop. She wasn't comprehending what he was doing. He should be leaving. Right? That's what he wanted. Yet. He wasn't. He was standing, talking to her. Not leaving.

His hand was on her shoulder, which she wouldn't have minded if that didn't add the distraction of the snake suddenly perking up. When he started talking, she looked him in the eye and didn't exactly realize that when he finished the snake had started moving. She felt it, but it didn't register correctly.

"You're not being selfish. I'm the one being selfish making you come with me in the first place. Secondly for yelling at you to begin with.... I'm sorry for that. And you shouldn't be sorry." She sighed a little, a slight smile coming back. "But, yeah, both of us acting all down isn't gonna help anybody. Not even ourselves... so I'll agree with you on that."

The snake took Lyra's speaking as the opportunity to slither its way across the small gap of her shoulder to Allikan's hand, following his hand up to his arm. He stopped a moment as Lyra stopped, becoming absolutely still. When she started again, he made his way to Allikan's neck and curled around it, taking his place similarly to where he had been on Lyra. The only difference? The snake's head was lifted off his clothing a bit more, seeming very happy about all this. His colors were brighter too.

(OOC: Darn, neither of us posted picking it up, so I hoped... You really want this to stay on the tracks, don't you? Eh, neutral will be good enough.)

Allikan stared down at the snake, he didn't mind it being on his neck. He returned his arm to his side and continued walking silently, debating on what he should say to Lyra. He finally settled on something, "I think we need to talk about this more, but let's hold off until we find Match and Rita." He looked at the snake again, pondering what he should do with it.

(OOC: And that post was surprisingly weak, sorry.)

((She had it since she healed Carol, which was right before all this started wink.gif ))

Lyra nodded as she walked alongside Allikan. "Fine by me." She said a bit more cheerfully, noticing the snake. "I think he's glad you're staying too." She added with a smile, looking at Allikan for a moment before looking back to the path.

The snake tightened his body around Allikan's neck just a smidge more, laying his head down on Allikan's left collar-bone. It rested there comfortably in the small ledge the bone made.

He was warm, which he loved, but Lyra was right; he did enjoy having these two around. The snake didn't care if a crow had told him to stay with one of them of his choice to keep an eye on them before, he would have stayed with whoever found him to begin with. They were warmer, and far more interesting, than where he was going.

Allikan paused talking to Lyra for a moment and petted (that sounds weird to me for some reason) the snake on the head. He felt like he should try to make conversation, the silence felt awkward to him. He opened his mouth, but promptly shut it again. He decided silence might be okay. He felt like he was lacking in conversational power; it wasn't his fault, not totally, he just didn't feel like saying anything. And as such, he walked on in silence.

(OOC: If you feel ready, you can skip to finding Match and Rita, this scene is over.)

Carol looked over this guy, she didn't trust him. He tried to look intimidating with his menacing glare, but the outfit made it seem like he should sure be in school and not in some deadly competition.

"No." She said firmly, "I refuse to climb your stupid tree. What's so special about it anyway?"

"Nothing, I just wanted your back turned." He responded calmly.

"For wha-" Her eyes widened as he lifted his book, now she got it. They narrowed again as she continued, "I'm sure you'd have liked that." She said menacingly. then she tossed a kick up towards his book.

(OOC: Talking is a Free Action. tongue.gif)

((*uses powers of Time and of Space to find Match and Rita*))

Lyra walked along with Allikan and the snake for a bit while longer, looking for any sign of Match or Rita. Occasionally she thought she might have saw a slightly crow-shaped branch in a bush or tree, but a second look to those spots revealed nothing. She chalked that off to missing Venril again even if it wasn't substantial. He'd been constantly with her for most of her life, but time away from the bird in small doses were good sometimes. Just, not when they started on a bad note like this one had.

The small sadness of Venril's disappearance didn't last long, as Lyra stopped to listen. She thought she heard rustling again and wondered if it was the snake. It wasn't, as it rested comfortably still on Allikan's body. Then, what was it? It wasn't that loud.

Lyra.

It gave no origin. She tried to retrace the thought. Match? Usually Match kept that link and she would freely-think. But Venril was able to communicate telepathically to her, and she him, so she figured she could do the same for Match.

You found us! There it sounded like Match!

It didn't take long for her to be greeted by a normal Pygmy. Follow. Quick! He flew off.