Dragonhatchling

1x1 Master and I

Alright, so I made the thread... I'll put up my character sheet once you post yours smile.gif

Name: Allikan

Appearance: He is tall (like most of my characters) with grey eyes, jet black hair and extremely light skin (like vampire light). He usually wears jeans and a hoodie.

Personality: Loud and rambunctious, he seems like he's everywhere at once sometimes. He never slows down. He tends to talk your ear off about the most unimportant things at the time.

Other: Not the strongest upper body, but he is very strong in his legs. He is good with a sword and can use many styles, he especially likes fencing. He has also learned some martial arts, having a brown belt in go juru and a black belt in taekwondo. He loves climbing trees.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

((Internet is not great here at all Master... so I might be on even less than I thought))

Name: Lyra

Appearance: Stands 5 foot 3 inches tall. Commonly wears some type of fitted t-shirt, shorts (or jeans depending on weather) and hiking boots (or sneakers). A well-worn cloak accompanies her almost always as well as her 'walking-stick' she uses to hide a limp that may or may not be fake.

Personality: Lyra is a mix of all types of personalities. She can be shy if she doesn't know you, though once she does she has a habit of not shutting up. She can be quiet, but long walks and forest hikes are notoriuos for getting her talking. She is very protective of her friends and won't hesistate to 'thump' someone if they threaten any of them verbally or physically. Usually she'll go as far as to prevent threats from even starting, even if that means making a few punching bags.

Other: She's not overly strong for a girl, but not weak either. She doesn't know much about fighting, but knows how to use a bow and a sword (she is a natural markswoman according to three experts...). She also knows how to punch and isn't afriad to tackle or scratch, kick, headbutt someone. She occasionally will growl if feeling threatened.

((typos everywhere... I'll fix them soon xd.png ))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

That's okay, I edited my sheet so it is a bit more complete (Allikan is totally a vampire, yep, totally). And Lyra has almost the exact same personality I have in real life (minus the thumping, I would rather debate with them). BTW, you can call me MW or Benjamin or Weavile/Weav/Weavil/Weave/Weevale/Weavill (I get a lot of non Pokemon fans who do not want to call me Master.) if Master is uncomfortable for you. (It is certainly not helping me with my pride issues. xd.png)

((*attemtps to beat her computer dying before she posts this*))

((That's odd MW (easier for me to remember xd.png ), because I based Lyra off my personality to a T. I had my best friend type it up xd.png she's known me for 10 years so... she should know xd.png

and I'm back, but as my sig says (and as I said in CPA), I'll only be on at night for this week if I'm able.))

(OOC: Ok, I'm thinking that to start off we should just have our chars meet and get put in some competition (kinda like Hunger Games I guess) where they each have to catch an adult dragon and learn to fly it. Actually, we could make it a lot like Hunger Games (which I've never read) and have our characters team up to win. Or something.

I usually base my chars after a portion of my personality, though Iktria in The Forgotten Island has nothing in common with me. At all.)

((Okeydoke. And the setting of this thingy that our characters will be tossed in?? The arena tends to change based on the want of the watchers (does that make sense? pry not...) before it starts.... but once it starts, the setting doesn't change. So they can be anywhere (literally- except space) in the world or land or wherever this place is xd.png

and what kind of dragons? DC dragons? Other dragons? Mixed (as in both)? Hybrids of the two?

*dies of curiosity*))

(OOC: Let's make it mostly forest, but with some desert and lakes thrown in, and just for the heck of it, there can be a castle in the middle.

Just DC dragons, I don't really know dragons elsewhere.)

((any excluded breeds then? Like no holidays and the pymies and smaller... I suppose non-ridable dragons? (there's medium sized dragons I don't know if they're big enough to ride in size...) Or no? just curious xd.png ))

(OOC: Yeah, no pygmies, Glory Drakes, Ochedrakes, or Mints. I think we should leave holidays out, just because it would be hard to explain them into the story, Cheeses and Papers for the same reason. Tinsels and Shimmerscales are ok I think, just so long as they are rarer. I can't think of anything else that would be small.)

((there's a few other dragons that are smaller.... but I don't remember who they are ^^" so... if I think of them, I'll point it out.

I'm gonna do a strictly setting post of the arena- feel free to add anything you wish-... maybe with a little "this character is here.... that one might be there...." but I dunno. We'll see where this goes (all posts I make are completely random... yet somehow have a plot to them in the end... I don't get it.) ))

The air was cool in the vast forest filled with a myriad of trees. Small shrubs occasionally popped in and out of spaces near two trunks or a large boulder rested there long ago by an unknown force. Leaves and dead branches covered the ground in most places with some grass poking through toward the edges of the forest. Moss covered smaller rocks, rarely a younger tree, and some large roots from a few massive oaks.

Pine trees of all kinds congregated toward the middle of the forest, thickening as you pushed further into the middle. Inside that section of conefers, a medium sized open field suddenly makes itself known in the shape of a rough circle. A very large rock juts out from the ground, creating a 55 degree angle, in the shape of a jagged and uneven triangle almost. This creates an out-of-place looking area where smaller rocks and boulders are littered throughout the field.

In various places throughout the vast forest, streams and creeks run hard through the ground. They all meet to two rivers; only one seems to go uphill and empty into a high waterfall. The waterfalled area is a sheer cliff, almost no trees are present- or any other plant matter it seems- and rocks prevail the area. The cliff is about 170 feet high, with the wide waterfall throwing water over the sharp edge. At the bottom, large jagged rocks can be found surrounding the bottom of the waterfall- almost in a circle- as if protecting the rest of the remains of the river from the sheer force. This creates an oddly serene pool, yet the closer you get to the waterfall the more dangerous it becomes. The pool is unknowingly deep and is suspected to not have a bottom as no one has been able to be sustained long enough to find one. All of this is located in the east.

The other river creates a half circle around the section of conefers, wrapping around in many loops and s-shapes as it travels throughout the west half of the vast forest. The trees here benefit from the sparaticness of the rich water, growing commonly double- or more- the size of the trees and plant life elsewhere.

Various types of wildlife can be found almost anywhere you look, though they will hide from you if you try to do so.

((now I gotta go....))

(OOC: That's good, I'm zooming in, so you can start. I'm going to set us up as intending to work together from the start.)

To the south was a large barren desert, it was vast and uneventful, except the lush green area near its center. The area could be called an oasis and was filled with life, so long as you weren't near it. If you continued west from the oasis you would run into a large ocean which the winding western river flows into. At the point where the ocean and the river met was a large delta, the delta is full of crystalline salt and fish get trapped in it easily.

Back at the pine clearing if you were to get a little closer, you would notice a group of people, about sixteen. (I went with 16 because it felt like a good number) they look like the are getting ready for something, except one. He appears to be sleeping. There is a large and muscular man in the north end of the clearing. A girl chewing gum is near him. Near the sleeping kid is a girl of medium height holding a stick, she looks annoyed with him as she prepares. One more person stands out from the rest, he appears to be a scholar and is holding a book. But his expressions make him appear, deadly. Movements become a little more rushed as time grows shorter.

(OOC: I would assume Lyra would be annoyed with Allikan sleeping right before the start. And you still need to fill in her appearance. Since this is still DC, there is magic.)

((Oops xd.png Busy me forgot xd.png I shall do that in this post.... and then.... do something! (that's always good) to the form to suffice for appearance.))

Lyra stood at her height of 5 feet 3 inches, starring at the sleeping kid with half the mind to kick him in order to wake him up. She wore an odd grouping of clothing: a fitted grey t-shirt that had small red flecks which were only noticiable up very close to the fabric. With this she wore shorts and hiking boots. For whatever reason, the girl also had on a sort of cloak that blended in well to many surroundings and just barely touched the ground.. It seemed like it had been worn many years, being tattered in different places but in no way did it look disheveled or ugly. It actually looked to fit with the rest of the 'normal' outfit. An earth-toned beaded necklace hung on her neck and at the apex held what looked to be some sort of claw. A red and black friendship bracelet rested on her left wrist along side a watch. She held a fancy walkingstick that was about half a foot taller than her. It was mainly black, etched with dark red markings in some places where a larger crystal poked out of the top where the wood wound around each of the three tips. The crystal was pure white, though seemed to be tainted in some way at the center where a small black aura could be seen. If asked about this, Lyra would not divulge where she got it. It was her walking stick. They didn't need to know if it was more than that. Besides, she seemed to need it in order to hide a slight limp.

To complete the odd spectical of a look, a black fedora was adorned on her head with a red ribbon that had a small white thread running playfully through it. She didn't care if the hat was lost, but never once had actually lost it in all her hikes as a child. Why should this be different?

Lyra was waiting patiently for the event to start. Waking the sleeping kid up wasn't going to start that faster. It sure would be entertaining to see everyone freak and possibly run this kid over. As amusing as that thought was to her, she knew it was unlikely to happen. Watching everyone else fidget was an alright supliment though to pass the time.

(OOC: Eez fine. Ima start it with a cannon going off.)

It was almost time to start, Allikan stood up. He saw the girl that was positioned next to him and grinned and put his hood up, hiding his face slightly with the shadow. On the other side of him was a boy, the boy had glasses and his hair was a mess, he was wearing a t-shirt and shorts along with running shoes. Allikan nodded at him.

Allikan knew that this would be dangerous, he would need help to survive, let alone win. He looked around, most of the others didn't seem very prepared. The girl to his left, the guy and girl across and to the right, and the dangerous looking kid to two to the left. He decided it was the girl next to him or the book kid just past her. Now he had to get them to agree to help him.

The cannon that signaled the start went off, Allikan immediately turned for the pines. He was quite fast and was past the tree line after only a few moments, he turned waited to see where the others went.

Lyra waited a moment, watching everyone else peel off in random directions. If she was going to win this, she wasn't going to go around willy-nilly and hope for the best. She already had a plan and it seemed the sleeping kid was in on it. He had ran the way she wanted to go. Of course. Why did that always happen?

So Lyra walked nimbly along, taking her time and dodging a rock without a second thought as someone threw it at her. Seriously? She wasn't a month old. "Oh go run off! You'll be dead in two hours!" She yelled, walking away from another rock. That stupid gum-chewing girl was being an idiot. Someone else shouted at her and she stopped. Good. No more rocks.

Lyra had pulled her hood up from her cloak before this had started- right about the time Sleeping Kid decided to smile at her- and she kept it up. It didn't distort her side-vision as some might think. It also made her already sensitive senses even stronger. Why? The hood provided a slight lack of vision and the just amount to provided a needed 'alert' mode in an already alert Lyra. She didn't really need the extra help. Being born a premie made her senses above average than others already- which usually ended up being a curse when it came to sound, but sometimes useful- and they never quite seemed to stop being in 'pristene' condition at each doctors visit. She supposed that was a good thing.

But Lyra didn't take too long to get to where she wanted. She had made it seem as if she was avoiding everyone- which was true- and had wormed her way around to the Pine section. She had climbed a tree rather quickly, being sure to be out of sight, even with her 'walking stick' and her 'limp'. One thing she did do though besides that was to keep an eye on Sleeping Kid. He seemed interested in her and even though Lyra knew she didn't quite need help, help would be rather welcome. It would at least give her an easy target in the end.

(OOC: Lol, they both their hoods up, but Allikan was just trying to look cool. xd.png BTW, is Lyra a ranger?)

Allikan watched the girl climb a tree near him, that was his bit! He was going to follow her up when a rock came at him, it seemed that the gum girl didn't learn very quickly. It wasn't very fast, so he grabbed it rather than trying to avoid it and threw it back at her. He was just showing off, but she seemed to take the hint.

He saw that the girl seemed to be watching him, he noted the fact that she had her hood up too. Allikan decided he didn't need to look cool anymore and put his down. He spotted the glasses kid running erratically towards the north.

He decided that he didn't care if the girl with the stick had climbed a tree, he knew he wasn't mimicking her, he hopped up one also. He reached a good point up and looked himself over, these were pines so his hands were covered in sap and bits of bark, but other than that he was fine. He surveyed the area, it seemed that he and the girl were the only ones sticking around for more than ten minutes, but he didn't see where book kid had gone. It looked like he was stuck with the girl.

((She seem like one?? xd.png I've had 5 expert bow-men say I'm a natural (i can't count how many trophies these people won.... one guys said he won over 100 and had pictures to show it.... who has that time?) bow-woman.... ...... I'm still calling Allikan Sleeping Kid... until she knows his name... *slowly hides*))

Lyra had watched the Sleeping Kid climb a tree similar to hers and rather near her. So he watched too eh? That wouldn't do.

She was crouched where she had stopped, watching the others run willy-nilly, but at the moment he had climbed up the tree, she had stood up. A quick stand up. It soon lead to a large leap and silent landing in another tree not too too far away. Why had it been silent? Lyra hadn't grown up outdoors away from the family that never understood her only child just because she didn't feel she belonged there, she grew up in the outdoors to learn and be with what she loved. Nature. Thus, the girl had landed correctly not to make any audible sound from down below or really anywhere except right near her.

The odd glow of her crystal was shushed out by a quick word as she moved to the other side of the tree. Someone below her tripped. Target? Sure why not. A nearby pinecone would do. A quick flip to test the weight and Lyra hurtled it down the trees so it missed the proper branches. It bounced off two, slamming into the side of the person's head it was aimed for just as they stood up. Funny enough, it was the gum chewing girl and she ended up flopping on the ground again. Lyra mused silently as the annoying girl looked around frantically for people throwing pinecones on the bottom floor. For added fun, Lyra mimicked a crow's caws perfectly as she hid out of sight. It seemed to scare her, but also attracted a crow to Lyra's general position. She knew the crow. He was always following her around. This would be good.

(OOC: Yes, she has a cowled cloak and is good with a bow. I'm calling her Girl with the Stick, or just Stick Girl, but not just that. Allikan is a little inconsistent.)

Allikan saw the Girl with the Stick move to another tree and throw a pinecone at Gum Girl, he saw a crow fly over to Stick Girl. "That could be handy." He thought, mildly impressed. If Stick Girl was good with animals it could give them an advantage, he watched as Gum Girl ran off confused. He resisted the urge to laugh, that would give his position away to anyone who hadn't seen him. He saw the tough looking guy from earlier, the one that had been next to the girl, and decided he would show off bit. He dropped from his tree and landed in front of Tough Guy, Allikan drove his elbow into Tough Guy's stomach. He then tripped Tough Guy and kneed the back of his head as he went down, it was a standard technique, but it would suffice.

Tough Guy must have had a thick skull, because he somehow stood up. Allikan prepared to fight him, taking up a simple fighting stance. But Tough Guy apparently thought better of continuing the fight and ran off. Allikan shrugged and hopped into another tree, he would need to relocate Stick Girl now.

The crow waited to do the order from a special signal from Lyra as Sleeping Kid jumped down. She could hear the fighting and guess what was going on. Running noise came shortly after. Had the bigger kid run off? Seem so. The crow took this moment to fly off in a different direction, making sure to find Sleeping Kid and fly to his face, cawing once very loudly before flipping and flying off west- the opposite direction of Lyra- with a mocking laugh-like caw. He occasionally hovered, acting as if following the girl and secretly keeping an eye on Sleeping Kid.

Lyra used the crow as a distraction, assuming the other kid had lost her position as he fought with the boy. She had moved once while the Sleeping Kid was fighting, and a second time when the crow had cawed in Sleeping Kid's face. She hadn't told him to do that. Silly crow.

She still stayed within reason to the odd kid, watching him from afar, but made it a point not to be seen by anyone.

Someone yelled from below, something about a snake, and a quick look down between a jump showed Gum Girl jumping around frantically. She was screaming now, before someone else took the small snake off her. A Garter Snake. They were harmless and not too big, compared to other snakes around here, which made for a pretty comical sight. Gum Girl hated snakes. Lyra had an advantage over her even better than pineconeconfusion. This gave her a smile as she waited for the 'coast' to be clear.

((Pineconeconfusion works on people very well... even if it just hits them topside in the head xd.png my friends never understand it's me... they always blame someone else or the "dang tree" that threw a pinecone at them ^^"

and Lyra doesn't have a bow... she's got a fancy (magic) stick.... shhhhhhh))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

The crow was annoying, Allikan figured that Stick Girl had sent it for him. He saw it go as if it was following her, he would have followed too, if not for Gum Girl yelling about a snake. He watched Tough Guy get it off her, "Great, they're working together." He thought sarcastically. He doubted he could take both of them at once, he definitely needed help now.

Since Stick Girl had disappeared he decided to hop down, he wasn't sure where to go.He needed food, but had no clue where he could find it, he covered his eyes and spun in a circle. After he reoriented himself he looked at the sun, it was just a bit before noon. He was facing southeast. He started forward.

(OOC: But she's good with a bow.)

((heheheh, ok you win.))

Lyra was slightly startled by her friend-crow coming back so quickly. "He didn't follow?" She whispered right as Gum Girl and the Tough Guy walked off. Well, she sprinted off. He walked off after her yelling her name.

The crow landed on her shoulder, nuzzling her neck before bobbing his head up and down. "Go get him then... but bring him a few berries... see what he does with 'em." Wingbeats sounded through the air as the crow took off, circling around a few trees before swooping low and disappearing.

Lyra shook her head, spotting Sleeping Kid shortly. He was walking. Where? The crow had floated above him a bit, high enough not to cast a shadow or be a bother to Sleeping Kid. His talons were closed so he probably held some berries. She quietly made her way halfway down the tree closest to Sleeping Kid as the crow clonked him in the head with a wing.

It laughed, hovering out of reach but ahead slightly. He visibly showed a handful of berries in his talons, slowly lowering himself before swooping in and knocking one out to hit Sleeping Kid in the face. Lyra wasn't entirely sure why he did this, but the crazed bird soon landed a few feet ahead of Sleeping Kid with a leaf spread out on the floor. Berries were rolled onto it as the crow stood protectively over the food. He bobbed his head once, before standing proudly and watching the odd kid's reaction.

Allikan tried to duck the crows assaults, but there really wasn't much point. He watched it land protectively with a leaf full of berries, almost as if it was taunting him. He continued southwest, ignoring it as best he could. He assumed Stick Girl was around somewhere, possibly telling it what to do, but he didn't bother attempting to locate her yet.

He spotted an apple tree a few yards ahead and walked up to it, he threw a rock up and caught a couple of the apples it knocked down. He put one apple it his pocket and started to munch on the other casually. He assumed he looked naive and unprepared, at least he hoped he did, this was life and death after all.

Lyra watched Sleeping Kid walk off. The crow seemed miffed about that kid, picking up the leaf as a pouch and flew off after the kid. He swiped one of the apples as they fell, landing near Sleeping Kid this time and spreading out the leaf with a wing. He laid out the berries, placing the apple last, before bobbing his head once and back up a little bit this time. Maybe that would get him to eat.

Lyra had jumped down by now, not bothering to stay in the trees as no one was really around. It'd be easier on her body to follow by foot anyway. She stopped out of sight from Sleeping Kid but in full view of the crow. He didn't see her as he watched the other kid expectantly. She hadn't exactly told him to force him to get the kid to eat. Well, at least it could be amusing.

The crow was getting annoying, but Allikan was okay with that. He decided to act normally, no one was here but him and the crow, and possibly Stick Girl, "Whatcha want?" He asked it, speaking for the first time since he got to the game arena, "I'm Allikan." He said a little louder than needed, "Are you trying to get me to eat that? 'Cause I've already got food." He held up the half eaten apple. He could use all the food he could get, he decided casual was not the way to go. He took a bite of his apple before yelling, though not to loudly, "You can seriously stop that, I got some food myself." He assumed that Stick Girl was nearby and could hear him.

The crow disliked the yelling, and the ordering of him around. To show this, he cawed and bobbed his head with his wings spread out. His feathers puffed up too, making him seem a half size bigger.

Lyra took that as a cue, ignoring all the unnecessary yelling. "Allikan," She bowed with her staff. "meet Verandil. He prefers to be called Venril though..." She gestured to the upset crow who now flew to her shoulder, eyeing Sleeping Kid. A pat on the head seemed to calm him down a little. "And yes, he actually wanted you to eat that... he got it for you himself. All I asked of him was to keep an eye on you." She added, lowering her hood for a moment as the bird climbed to the top of her head. His favorite spot.

Venril flattened himself to seem like a dead bird layed on her head, with his head stuck out properly to be of viewing-use. He liked to do this and in no way found it uncomfortable. It looked very odd.

"My name is Lyra." Lyra moved a little closer to Allikan, showing the slight limp she had as she moved. The walking stick compensated. "I was thinking we might... be able to team up for a bit?" Skipped the formalities. "If not, it's alright. I've got this little fella here to help me..." She patted the crow again.