Dragonhatchling

1x1 Master and I

(OOC: Be glad Allikan is not me, I can probably match Lyra's stubbornness.)

Allikan grimaced, whatever Lyra was doing it hurt. He could tell his leg was better, but it was still broken, and he was pretty sure he still had internal bleeding. He wasn't worried about the break, but the bleeding could kill him. He needed to get that healed, and he needed to get a splint of his ankle. He knew he was done for, now he had to convince Lyra to go, "Just go, give me one logical argument why you should stay and I'll stop arguing, just one. And no sappy stuff, that's not logic." He looked her in the eye as best he could with her concentrating on his leg, "I'm probably not going to make it, I'd say an hour if the bleeding continues, I think I cut a big vein. You need to just go, it only makes sense." He was trying to do the right thing, why did she have to be so stubborn? He felt funny, "Oh great, now I'm being sappy, just go." He said indignantly, and the he started to stand.

Lyra would have forcefully pushed him back to the ground had his leg not hurt. Yet, she still basically forced him to stay where he was. "Allikan, I'm not leaving. Leaving you here, alone is not smart. Especially if that dumb ass kid is around making everything worse." She had given up fixing his leg for now, being a bit too worried to do anything rather proper. "You said to me that we'd work together. That, to me, means that if one of us is hurt that the other stays to help. No. Matter. What." She looked him in the eyes then, full-blown stubborn yet something else flickered there. "I'm not leaving. I'm certainly not going to let you die." She said the last word a bit shakily. The thought of Allikan dying wasn't even comprehensible to her. Yet, somehow she didn't care if others that had died before died. Why was this different? Because she'd gotten to know him a lot better than others?

Now, Lyra had lifted her gaze to the sky more and started yelling Venril's original name. Loudly. But also not in English. It seem more like a drawn out caw type thing, though had a hint of a very slight and faint growl to it. The noise didn't last all that long either, which probably was good, and didn't sound like it echoed.

But, and here was the hope Lyra wanted, it got a response. One curt caw back before it seemed cut off somehow. That seemed to worry Lyra too. She had returned her gaze to Allikan and his injuries, keeping him down on the ground. "Even if that blasted bird doesn't come back, I'm not leaving. But Match... I'd appreciate it if you took Rita somewhere secret, Pygmy sized, formitable and very very super very safe. Where no one will ever find you unless you want to be found. And get her help." She told Allikan before telling Match his directions. The Pygmy nodded, bowing a little. Safe and sound. He stated to them both before grabbing Rita. I promise on my clan's life. He added to Lyra only as he carried Rita away without another word.

"You can yell all you want at me later." Lyra told Allikan.

(OOC: I see what you did there. I knew that would happen as soon as I injured Allikan's leg, it was unavoidable.)

Allikan glared at her, but at least Rita would be okay. She was being irrational and sappy. He told her not to be sappy. He thought about staying silent, but that would be pointless, "I said no sappy stuff, you have yet to give me a real reason why you shouldn't go. It's likely me or both of us, how does that make sense?" He was exasperated, she needed to go already. Why couldn't she just see reason and leave, he needed real medical treatment or he was dead, he voiced that fact, "You're going to have to let me die, because I'm dying right now, I don't want you to have to see that." Oh great, he was being sappy again, "Just go already."

((What? The song title reference? ....Glad ya caught it biggrin.gif ))

Lyra growled a little. Literally a growl. It didn't seem natural, but really nothing was norma for Lyra. "Exactly why I won't leave. I'm not letting you die." She stated, a little bit of a smile crept up on her face. "And it does make sense. You told me when we first met that we'll work together. As I said, that means that we stay together even if one of us is hurt. Dead, fine, but I'm at least going to do my absolute ****ing best to make sure you don't die. I'd expect you to do the same, but if it ever gets to that, I completely understand if you don't." She added equally, the color of her crystal in her staff changing from the black aura to a more white light color. It seemed rather eerie now than before. The white made it seem almost ghost like. The red etchings and carvings also spontaneously turned to match the white color. That, even Lyra didn't expect. She looked at it, flabbergasted, for a few moments before hearing a familiar fluttering of silent feathers. Thank god for her sensitive hearing.

"You two lost? Or having your own little party?" Venril. The crow landed atop the crystals of Lyra's staff without effort. He tilted his head slightly, spotting Allikan's leg. His feathers seemed rather ruffled and some out of place, but otherwise didn't seem harmed. He fluffed out his feathers once he realized what happened to Allikan's leg. "Whatta we have here?" His piercing gaze shifted to Lyra. "You try to kill 'im without me?" She could tell he was half joking. It sure didn't seem like he was joking though.

"Shut-it Verandil." Lyra scolded, shaking her staff as the crow flew to Allikan's head. He sat lightly there, laughing a little. "You couldn't kill him if you wanted. I knew that was going to happen...." His head now should have appeared in Allkian's view. "And you sir, kicking that wall didn't do you good did it? Walls never were friendly to those who attack them. Ask nicely and you probably will get through unharmed. Unless of course... you try and attack it again." He raised his head to laugh, ruffling Allikan's hair a bit with a claw. "You'll learn. Some day you'll learn. Lyra here'll pry not ever let you kick anything ever again though. Except maybe a lake or something...."

The crow jumped when Lyra tried to smack him. He fell silent then for a moment before he won a stare-down contest with her. His head appeared back to Allikan's view. "But I guess you'll need help... and all you're guys's arguing is useless. You ain't gonna die kid... not unless you want to. And I'm pretty sure she was damnwell trying to tell you that. That and perha-" He got knocked off that time. The bird overexaggerated the fall though, landing on his back and acting as if he was dead until Lyra tried to knock him out. She was pissed at his toying. "Hey! Alright... sheesh. Stoppit." He cawed back, hopping over to Allikan's broken ankle and leg. "Would you like me to help you or no? Would you rather die instead and leave her out here with a crazy crow and a dragon who sureass needs you?"

Allikan barely held in his laughter at Venril's antics, but laughing wouldn't have helped this situation. "Well, if you can do it quickly go ahead. And weren't you the one who wanted to blow up the wall?" He had almost forgotten his leg, until the pain returned, he really needed to be more careful. He would probably be fine if he hadn't pushed it so hard, he probably only had a minor fracture originally, one that would have healed in a few days without anyone knowing, but walking so briskly without resting had made it much worse. He knew that it was bad, Venril might be able to do enough to save his life and let him walk again, but he needed rest, and a splint, but mostly rest.

Venril nodded, flying back up to Lyra's staff-top and gripping the crystals. She didn't let go when he did that, though after a loud screech, she knew better than to keep hold of it.

The crow let it drop, using his wings to send it floating down to the ground, near Alikan's leg. "She accidently figured out the secret of this thing..." He commented, pecking the top-most crystal lightly. Bright light broke off it for a split second. "Definitelly figured it out." He muttered, blinking. He looked back to Lyra who watched him with a bit of anger. "You broke it!" He cawed with laughter, bobbing his head. "Nah you didn't. Fixed it more like. But it'll return to the less-white color later." He informed her, hopping over to the other side of Allikan's leg. Venril pulled out a feather, using that to lay it atop the crystal with the white tip touching a spot on the boy's ankle. Gently. He shouldn't have felt it, but it was alright if he did. Venril wasn't going to hurt him.

The crow repeated this twice, placing the feathers with their feathery tips on top of where the first lay on the crystal and the white ends evenly spaced between leg and ankle. With a caw and a jump, the crow snapped the feathers and another bright light practically blinded Lyra.

Through the bright light was the sound of a human-like laughter as the light lingered longer than it should have. "Venril..." Lyra started, noticing the laughter stopped when she spoke the crow's name. Even with her eyes shielded she couldn't see, which she didn't like.

But the light disappated with the sound of a wingbeat and her staff was thrust back into her lap. The original black coloring with red carvings was back and the crystal's black aura eminated normally in the middle.

The crow sat triumphantly atop Allikan's head. "Fixed best I could. All he needs now is a splint, some slower walking, maybe your fancy stick there lass... and we all need a good amount of sleep sometime soon. But he won't be on the 'keep watch' list for a while. He'll get uninterupted sleep." He tapped the boy on the head lightly before having his head in Allikan's view. "Don't go kicking walls now buddy. She'll tackle you before you get the chance."

Lyra was already at work finding good wood for a splint, having left her staff where she had sat.

Allikan shook his head and hopped up, his leg still hurt a bit and he really shouldn't have been so careless, but he knew they just needed to get going. "Alright then, let's get going." He started walking carefully in the direction Match had gone. He knew he was being stupid, but he didn't care, they had wasted plenty of time already, he wasn't wasting any more.

(OOC: Short post is short. tongue.gif)

Venril stayed on Allikan's head as the boy hopped up. He couldn't help but chuckle a little. This boy was too earnest and eager. He tapped the boy's head with his beak to get his attention. "Before you get too far, you're gonna want that staff." He stated, flying over to it and trying to drag it back to where Allikan was. He managed, the staff not being as heavy as it may have looked, and plopped it next to where the boy was walking. "So you're gonna use it now." He added as he landed on top of his head again.

Lyra realized the crow and Allikan were wandering away already before she could find a proper splint-wood. This annoyed her somewhat, though she understood why Allikan was so eager to leave. It made sense to her even though she knew it probably would hurt him more. Finding him using her staff wasn't as much of a thought as Venril would have liked either. She found some comfort in knowing it was going to be used by someone who needed it more than her. Which was good.

Allikan looked at the staff, he wasn't sure he should use it, but he probably needed it, at least until he found something else. He grabbed it and the crystal pulsed a bit, he wasn't sure if that was good or bad but he supposed he didn't have much choice. He silently continued onward, but not until he had nodded thankfully to Venril.

(OOC: I'm low on inspiration today, so this isn't the best post. (It's actually pretty bad.))

((*pokes Master's brain* Inspiration come back!))

Venril noticed the staff's pulse and kept that to himself. It hadn't done that in forever, minus when he first made Lyra hold it. "Use it as long as you need." He simply stated, noticing Lyra starting to catch up to them.

"Once we stop, I'll hopefully find us good splinting wood." Lyra commented to really no one, catching up completely now with Venril and Allikan. She casually glanced at Venril's handiwork and then up to Allikan's face, trying silently to judge if he were in anymore pain. The glances only lasted mere seconds, and she made sure Venril didn't notice.

Allikan thought he caught Lyra looking at him, but he wasn't sure. His leg still hurt a bit, and it definitely needed a splint, but they needed to get going. The sun was beginning to rise, Allikan hoped that the other guy had given up on them and gone to sleep, "Alright then, let's go catch up with Rita and Match." He started forward, he found the staff worked quite well for walking, though he would have preferred he not need it. He decided his first priority, after they got some sleep, was to construct a makeshift sword, something, anything, he could use to fight with, he felt defenseless like this. He probably didn't need it, he just felt weak because he had Lyra and Venril defending him.

(OOC: Oh, that was a bit better.)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Lyra deemed Allikan to be alright for the timebeing and nodded when he mentioned finding Rita and Match. Which probably was going to be harder than they first figured. She did say specifically to find a Pygmy-sized place that no one could ever find. Probably not the best choice of words for that one. But it made sense to Lyra at the time, and still did, even if it meant they were going to spend days looking for those dragons. Unless, of course, those two dragons decided to be found by them. That would require luck though, and lots of it, to stumble near enough to wherever they were hiding. Hopefully they didn't get to very far away.

"We might have a problem by that..." She finally spoke up, after the thoughts ran through her mind. "I told Match to stay hidden really well remember? And I'm not sure how far one Pygmy can fly while carrying another Pygmy.... but Match was pretty far from his home when I helped me..." She added, knowing it wasn't exactly helpful.

"So we got a problem." The crow was back to his antics. Just what they didn't need. "Whattawedo when we've got a problem? We solve it." He seemed to be somewhat talking like a parrot. Or at least the 'we solve it' sounded parrotish. "So all we gotta do is look for a sign or something to tell us they were around... right? Or do one of you have Pygmy senses?" He specifically looked down to Allikan's eyes, leaning over his head again. "You haven't been holding out on, us have you?" He laughed, his head disappearing from view. "Pygmy senses..." He joked. Nobody had Pygmy senses unless they were Pygmies. "Keep your beady eyes peeled ladies!" He ordered then, still chuckling a little.

Allikan wished he were in better condition so he could knock Venril off his head, but he couldn't afford to waste energy there, he decided to take a better approach, "Venril, would you be so kind as to remove your person, or whatever you crows call it, from my head?" He couldn't help but throw a tinge of menacing annoyance in, but for the most part he sounded quite polite. He looked at Lyra and rolled his eyes.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Lyra chuckled a little. Venril, however, huffed seemingly and perched himself on Allikan's shoulder. "Better?" He asked with the same tone Allikan had used.

Lyra spoke up. "Venril, I think he meant for you to completely get off him... ya know... fly around a bit instead of sitting? It's good for ya anyways." She could see the crow thinking what that meant over in his head. Gears were moving. Hopefully he'd understand.

"Fine then. Fly around it is." He sounded, flying off Allikan's shoulder with a bit more force than necessary. "Have fun you two!!" He called, barrel-rolling once in the sky.

"What!? Wait!! Venril!" Lyra yelled. She didn't mean for him to just fly off completely. "That's not what we meant!" He didn't show signs of turning around. "Damn I hope that bird finds Match... he'll leave us otherwise from the looks." She told Allikan quiet, glancing at him.

Allikan shook his head, not it a negative way, more as a way to avoid laughing. He was going to say something, but decided against it, continuing onward. He spotted an apple tree up ahead and decided to get a couple down. He lifted a rock with the tip of Lyra's stick, it was much easier with the flat blade of a sword, and lofted it up into the branches, knocking several apples loose. He moved quickly, though not as quickly as he normally could, over to the tree and caught three of them. He pocketed one and called out to Lyra, "Catch!" Before tossing it over his head in her direction. He turned as he started munching on the other. He observed that his throw was a little high, but she should still have been able to catch it.

Lyra watched how Allikan used her staff to chuck a rock at the tree. At first she didn't quite realize why, having been more preoccupied with the crow that had flown away to somewhere, before noticing the apples. She was about to run off to grab one falling when Allikan caught a few and threw one at her. She had to jump up slightly to catch the apple, but she caught it and brought it down to her face to take a bite.

The apple tasted wonderful to her and Lyra smiled after that. "Thanks." She said, catching up to Allikan again. She took another bite of the apple. "I highly doubt that crow will be back... he seemed pretty miffed and I don't understand really why." She laughed a little at it. "Maybe we ruffled some feathers the wrong way and-" Lyra had to dodge a small, kiwi-sized rock dropped from the sky somewhere. She inadvertently moved slightly closer to Allikan in doing so. A look up showed no sign of any bird or anything to throw the rock. "Now the sky hates me... great." She joked, noticing the closeness and soon keeping the distance they had before, before Allikan got weirded out.

Allikan was about to take another bite of his apple when Lyra mentioned the sky hating her, and he couldn't help but bust out laughing. He immediately felt bad for it, "Sorry, I shouldn't have done that." He said quickly, noticing Lyra moving away a bit.

"Great, now she's mad at me." He thought, mentally kicking himself. He hadn't noticed how close she had moved to him and simply thought she was moving away because he had hurt her feelings.

((Heheh, we're thinking the same thing Master xd.png and just in case I poof, my sig says that I won't be posting much all week (or should.... I was 5% awake when I wrote it...) and that's due to intensive (which really is) week for marching band.... out in the sun for 12hrs+ isn't fun :/ we're on a break right now for another 5 mins... so I'll pry be gone by the time you see this.))

Lyra looked at Allikan weirdly for a moment. When he mentioned dropping the rock she seemed half shocked, half glad. "You did that!?" She asked, surprised, with a laugh starting to form. She glanced up again at the sky, seeing no sign of anything. Which was about when she moved closer to him, half laughing and half trying to be serious. "You scared me a second!" So much for being serious; she was laughing fully now at her stupidity. "I thought it was either Venril, the sky- obviously- or that stupid kid we had problems with before!" She slapped herself on her forehead for a moment before shaking her head to keep from laughing. Chuckles still escaped. Silently she vowed to get him back for scaring her; kindly of course.

(OOC: Yeah, I think you mentioned that in CPA last week. My birthday is tomorrow BTW.)

Allikan was surprised at Lyra's laughter, he had thought she seemed angry, "Well, I had expected it to happen sooner, but yeah, I did that." He was wondering why it took so long for the rock to come back down when he felt something collide with his head. He went face first into the ground and didn't get to see what it was as his vision slowly faded.

Carol smiled as he boot hit the back of the boy's head. It had been to easy to startle the girl and the boy wasn't paying attention anyway, "You should really be more careful." She said as she bit down on her gum, but she wasn't here for small talk, "Listen, I know you ain't gonna trust me, but my 'partner' turned on me. I don't wanna die here, so I'm asking for your help." She knew that knocking out the boy might not have been the best way to enter, but she could tell he never would have let her speak. She turned so the girl could see the gash on her back, "I saw what happened with that bird and your boy here, fix me up and I'll go." It was risky, asking your enemies for help, but she saw no other option.

(OOC: Plot twist!)

Lyra jumped back, literally growling, when Allikan was kicked down. She would have done something about it, had she not been so hyped up on laughter. Whoever made laughter could have gotten her killed! But all that laughter was gone now, replaced by the need to knock the Gum Girl out.

That girl kept talking though, and Lyra- partly because she was unable not to- kept listening to her and her words. The gash shown worried her. It reminded her of an old crippling injury she had on her back that also happened to affect the way she walked. She perfected not showing the pain for it and being able to walk rather normally without her walking-stick, but what worried her was that Venril wasn't even able to heal that. Plus, she didn't know where he was now. She doubted he could heal this girl's wound, but had doubted Venril's option to heal Allikan's leg. Give it a shot? That depended. It fell to her, now that Venril was basically gone, to heal this girl's wound. She wouldn't unless she knew the circumstance and consequences, as well as positives, that fell with it. Call her cautious; it's how she survived so long alone in the forest for years.

While the girl talked, and almost instantly, Lyra had grabbed her staff from the unconscious Allikan and pointed the crystal end at the girl. She softened her growl a bit once the girl did speak, allowing her ceasing to have her thoughts run free. "What'll stop you from attacking us again if we do fix you up? Hm?" She relaxed just a little, which probably seemed odd. "Not much I can see. Sure, your partner betrayed you... so he's probably going to go after us too if we help you... which would counteract our efforts... and you'll come right back at us again once- if- we help you with your little injury." Lyra wasn't rambling, and held quite a confident and serious air to herself. "Honestly, I'm more inclined to leave you like that..." Perhaps it was the old injury talking but Lyra wasn't about to just let this be a quick stop. "and see where it gets you."

Suddenly, Lyra seemed to have a slight change in thought. Or at least manner. "What's it going to do for us if we do help you? What can you offer us that's viable enough to deserve the help?"

Carol saw now that she had knocked out the wrong person. She had thought the boy would be harder to convince, but this girl was ruthless. "I can't offer you anything, I should just go. I'm sure someone can help me." She looked warily at the stick the girl had, she didn't want to die, and this wound would kill her, but she didn't see any other way, "I'm sorry for wasting your time." She sneered and tossed a piece of gum on the boy as she turned away. Only then did she let tears well in her eyes. she had been betrayed by the one person she thought she could trust in this competition. And now she was going to die. She felt the pain in her back, she was going to die soon without help. And she highly doubted anyone would help. She blinked away her tears, she would at least die with dignity.

Lyra saw how the girl reacted and judged mainly by instinct and her body language if she should really consider helping. She figured that if the girl did end up attacking, she could always knock her out. Or scare her trying to.

She sighed a little, returning her staff to be used as it original was meant, and pushed away thoughts of perhaps regretting this. She didn't kill anyone yet, and it took gutts to come ask for help with complete strangers. "Alright." Lyra spoke, more kindly but still slightly skeptical. "How about I try my best to help you? Cuz you see..." She hoped this wouldn't piss the girl off. "That bird you saw helping... he's gone off somewhere and left no trace for us to find. So I'm basically the only now- since you knocked my friend out- that can help... and I'm not completely sure it will be 100% back to normal once I'm done."

It was an honest circumstancial offer. "So you still want help? Besides the fact that I was warry of you to begin with and possibly won't be of much help?"

((*goes off to band* If I'm a bit late in your birthday partying stuffs Master... don't worry, I didn't forget... I just want to possibly make it proper birthdayness for ya wink.gif

Happy Birthday though!!))

Carol stopped herself, she had honestly not expected the girl to help. But she wasn't going to pass the chance up, she made sure she was calm and turned carefully back around, "I'll take whatever I can get, maybe we should wake your friend?" She indicated the boy. She didn't show it, but she was elated. She was simply glad she wasn't going to die. She walked back over to the girl, "What's your name?" She said, somewhat meekly.

(OOC: You're fine. I'm fifteen now though. *Is more excited than necessary* My mom bought me lemonade last night when she went shopping, my day has been made. And I discovered something interesting I was about to PM you about, when I saw your post. tongue.gif)

((*will get Master his present once she gets cooperative dragons* and I'll actually go read that stuff when I'm not dead... tired... but, I'm posting here because I had it made already and didn't get a chance to post it before ^^ ))

Lyra glanced to Allikan. Maybe it was better to leave him out? She wasn't sure he could help anyway. "My name's Lyra. Your's?" She asked instead, stepping over to Allikan lightly before nudging his shoulder with the end of her staff. He didn't budge, so Lyra decided she would wake him if needed. He needed sleep to begin with and his staying off his leg probably was good.

"Let's let him sleep... and if we- well I- need him, I'll wake him." She told the girl, looking back up to her. She wished Venril were here.

"Now I'll ask you to choose a spot to sit, with your back toward me. And no moving, no matter what." Lyra ordered now, the crystal end of her staff glowing oddly like it was for Venril before. It wasn't as bright, luckily, and she could still manage to see.

(OOC: I have actually only had one pair refuse each other so far, I'm extremely lucky.

Should I give you a description of Carol? (Which I have yet to make up.))

Carol did as Lyra asked and searched out a good spot, there really wasn't anywhere comfortable so she just sat on a nearby stump. "My name is Carol." She stayed as still as she possibly could. She couldn't help but sneak a glance at the boy, he looked hilarious sprawled out like he was, "What's his name?" She asked. She immediately began to regret it, she felt like she was overstaying her welcome.