Dragonhatchling

1x1 Master and I

((Most of my latests posts have 'talking' in them about comments others have made, similar to the ittalic thinking I usually do with my characters, but without ittalics and slightly different. If you ever see a post containing a dragon named Venril (actually the two I've made- this includes our special bird- are somewhat similar in personality, but also very different) is famous for doing this... I've yet to figure out why.

All of my posts generally have much content... sometimes it just takes a little effort to find it, thus me calling it nothing. Usually no one actually reads what I write... (figured this out a few ways) and when I pull something out that's been hinted and hinted and mentioned before, they're all like "whoa! Where'd that come from!?" and then we go back to 'no skimming, actually read like you do everyone else please' rule which still never happens. Now, I enjoy manipulating that to its fullest extent. Those that pay attention are never surprised (unless I play it so they are anyway) and those that don't, they learn sometimes.

*stops talking*

One more thing: I find your posting style unique and refreshing. If that means anything to ya smile.gif ))

Lyra was about to warn Allikan when he suddenly flew upward. So much for warning him then. "Uh... you ok?" She asked, going over to him for a second after setting Rita down by Venril. She couldn't reach where he was tied, but if he fell a bit he'd be ok.

Following the taught rope, she found it tied to two trunks. With a swift cut from one of the sharp ends of her staff, the rope snapped and she heard a thud from where Allikan was.

"Soorrry...." Lyra told him, seeming a little guilty about doing that. "I didn't see much as another way. Plus, this was quickest, and we can take the rope with us if we want."

The living spot isn't too far away now... and I'll flush out anyone there if they took it. I've seen many people stumble through this area before... I'm amazed someone managed to set traps. The Pygmy stated after circling around them for all that while. He was watching where Rita had been set.

(OOC: Thanks, When Rita wakes up I'm going to start going from her perspective, I like starting a post as one char and finishing it in as another.

I sometimes foreshadow things ten posts ahead, especially when I'm expecting a fight. I'll give plenty of info on how I intend to win and they won't notice it. In my first RP my char had some itching powder that he accidentally got on his leg, I had him surreptitiously itch his leg practically every post afterward, and when it came time for him to get in a fight, he used the itching powder as a weapon and no one saw it coming.

I like giving away my strategies, it makes it more fun when I win because my opponent wasn't watching.)

Allikan hopped up quickly, trying his best not to rub his head. and started forward, but his foot was still caught in the rope and he tripped. He couldn't help laughing at his own stupidity. It was getting really late, if he didn't get to sleep soon he was going to walk off a cliff, "I'm getting tired, at least I know this isn't the work of whoever's been after me, it isn't their style." For once he wasn't being targeted it felt good. He got up and walked back and untied the rope from the other tree, then his ankle. Wrapping it around his arm he walked over to Lyra, grabbing his branch along the way. He made note of her stick, it seemed unusual, but he decided not to ask about it, yet.

He smiled and said, "We need to pick up the pace, I'm.." he yawned, "Sorry, I'm starting to get sleepy." He started back the way they had come, but stopped after a moment, "This is the wrong way, isn't it?"

The Normal Pygmy started pushing Allikan after he asked if it was the wrong way. Venril seemed to join in, grabbing part of his shirt and pulling. Yes. The Pygmy simply stated.

"So... this way... right?" Lyra asked the Pygmy as she looked for the landmarks she had used earlier. Lyra rarely ever got lost in a forest, or anywhere, which she chocked up to her vast attention to detail. Yet somehow she always managed to forget someone's name if she didn't see them for two weeks straight. Somehow, she didn't forget Allikan's yet. Maybe she wouldn't.

Yes. Yes. Thattaway. Two rocks up, one rock left, forty leaves to your right. The Pygmy answered only her, still pushing Allikan.

So Lyra set the pace with Rita being held in her arm. She showed a better sign of a limp she'd not really shown to begin with, making it seem that it was getting easier to spot only because she was getting tired. She considered herself a nightowl of sorts, mixed with those early birds and had a bad habit of getting two to four hours of sleep. Anything more was rare. Sadly, anything less was far more common. Her record was going five nights without sleep, to which she did feel fine, though Venril commented once or twice that her thinking had been screwed with occasionally. Why else would she have tried to bottle him?

It didn't take much longer for them all to reach the 'living spot' the Pygmy had talked about. He stopped pushing Allikan to tap a few times into a rock nearby a big clump of trees. The tappings were erratic, but Lyra had been taught them for further use. The clump of trees slightly gave way to a hidden, and what turned out to be a large cave, grove type place. There was a small spring nearby, large enough for one person to sit in comfortably, and what looked to be a shallowly dug spot- possibly for a fire.

Once the Pygmy ushered everyone inside, the 'doors' closed tightly and it became dark. All except for Lyra's crystal, who's dark energy glowed like a small, writhing black ball from within. The crystal, oddly enough, created a white light that illuminated the rest of the large cave. The cave dead-ended back further the Pygmy explained, and nothing had lived here for centuries as far as he had found.

He'd been here often, which Lyra thought odd that such a small dragon would choose to reside in such a large place. But the Pygmy must have caught that thought for he defended it with a claim to be this place's protector. And yes, that's for a fire. He added when Lyra stopped near it. There were already some dried pieces of wood inside it. Never been used. Ready for use. He added, getting nearer to them.

"Okeydoke then. Thank you...." Just call me Match. It fit best out of all the names. Match interrupted, knowing he never did give a preferred name out of the vast list he'd given Lyra. "Thank you Match. I like that name... and it does seem to fit you." She finished, smiling as she set her crystaled end of her staff into the middle of the wood. An inaudible whisper set the pile on fire to create a gently burning fire that would keep them warm for the night. With the leaf Venril had decided to stick to her clothing, she set Rita down as gently as possible. "Hopefully that'll be good..." She whispered, seeing Venril walk over.

He asked if Lyra could pick Rita up again. She did. Carefully Venril placed smaller and soft black fluffy feathers down in a tight circle slightly larger than Rita all onto the leaf. With Venril's comment to put Rita back, Lyra did so as carefully as before. "And now she has a fluffy bed instead of a leafy stone floor." He commented kindly, staying near Rita as Match came over. "Thanks..." "Venril." The crow bowed with a wing outstreched as the other covered his chest. Match nodded. "Thank you Venril."

((Taaadaaa. A slightly smaller, but more normal post for DH.))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

(OOC: Alright, I think I can make an okay post.

BTW, I've only been RPing since late May.)

Allikan watched in silence as the others tried to make Rita a comfortable spot to sleep in. He was exhausted for some reason, it was probably because they had made him get up early today. He blamed himself for getting Rita in trouble, he could've let her be, she might have frozen to death though. He didn't know, he just didn't know.

Match. That was an interesting name, it seemed to fit. It fit quite well actually, and that worried Allikan. Match could mean a couple of things, as in a fire, was the Pygmy a pyro? It could also mean a match in a competition, which could be bad for Allikan if Lyra turned on him. But Match was helping Rita right now, so the rest didn't matter he would worry about it in the morning.

Allikan found himself yawning, he really shouldn't be so tired yet. He wondered... His wondering took longer than it should have, he was really sleepy and, and.. He knew what was happening, "I don't think Rita is the onl.." He fell, quite literally fell, asleep.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

((The I has me confused... but, that's ok.

and see, you pick up fine from only rping late May. I've been for a while... so... no game there. I lost count xd.png Since I've been here... I've- yeah, nevermind xd.png ))

Lyra looked over to Allikan when he started to speak, seeing he was tired. But something didn't seem quite right, and when Allikan actually fell she knew her hunch was right. She knelt down in a hurry, dropping her staff where it was.

"Allikan?" Lyra repeated the worried saying of his name in question about five times, each time shaking him a bit harder. "C'mon... wake up just a sec, would you?" She added after the sixth time, being pushed away by Venril.

"Not helping." "Not helping?" Lyra was somewhat angry now, probably from the sudden loosing of a thought ally and his Dark Myst still in trouble. "Seriously Venril!? Not helping?" Her right hand raised to hit him it seemed but the crow thrust her staff into that hand with slight effort. It really was lighter than it looked. He had always wanted to try that. "Right." He simply stated, nodding before walking off to a darker part of the cave and letting her sit there blankly.

Lyra was stunned, simply because she didn't understand what Venril meant by right. Right that this wasn't helping? Or right as in the direction? Or correct? Or just an acknowledgement? Which was it? It didn't answer her questions quite correctly though.

Freaking out doesn't help. Venril said you knew that... or you would be dead about four years ago. Match's words pierced her thoughts. Her discombobulated and crazed thoughts. "You know why he knows that?" It was an empty and harsh question. Lyra was slightly offended now. She didn't need those memories drudged up. "He and his murder tried to kill me. Three times. When that didn't work- as if throwing someone off a rocky cliff isn't enough- they got assassins to kill me."

A harsh rattled caw echoed through the cave as the bird flew back, fast as Match had ever seen a bird fly. He even rivaled a hawk, which Match found odd. Crows don't fly that fast. Crows don't usually speak fluent English, or even dragon, either. "Tried. Failed. You tried to kill us though... remember? Or don't you because you were three-talons gone by then?" Three-talons? Match guessed it was his substitute for three-quarters. Lyra didn't seem to answer.

"Thought so." Venril strutted about for a moment, pulling out an already falling feather and dropping it by Match. "Light it please." The Pygmy complied. The feather burned a bright blue. Not normal at all. "It was a day after your parents died, wasn't it? You were maddened by then... tried to kill me... my murder did as a murder does for any crow, or even raven if he's lucky- we stick out for each other. The assassins were in on it later only because you set someone's house on fire thereafter by our little ordeal... the man asked me to be the go-between." He thrust a clawed foot at Lyra. "You knew that! So don't go blaming your tragic deaths on us. Alright?" Suddenly his tone seemed rather concerned, yet kind. "Fighting won't save Allikan... or Rita."

Lyra wasn't exactly listening. She was, but she wasn't responding. Or looking anywhere but at her staff now. Specifically the crystal. Like Venril's feather, it's power inside now glowed the same bright blue. It had never done that. But what shocked her more was when the crow took the feather and ran it along the staff's dark wood, through the wood in the faded etched engravings and symbols that had previously been a dark red, almost matching the wood, with age. Now, those engravings and symbols glowed the same bright blue as the bird dangled the feather along the staff. He ended, hovering there, eerily bathed in that light at the crystalized end. There the feather took and disappeared. "Now you'll remember. Like you promised to never forget before." Venril stated while watching Lyra's face. The act seemed to calm her. "Now actually try to help him... he needs it. Then we can get about helping Rita."

Match watched with some awe showing on his tiny face as this all happened. Whatever was going on, Lyra now seemed as calm as she had been before Allikan took his sleeping dive. He further watched as Venril landed, Lyra doing the opposite and standing up to half her height. She was crouched over Allikan again, looking him over, the crystal close to his chest.

"Think you can wake up now Allikan? We need you up... we'll let you rest soon."

Match noticed her voice seemed softer as she whispered the phrase. Branching off from that, they almost seemed to have a dream-like quality and felt quite comforting. More comforting that he thought her capable of providing earlier when he met her. He sure hoped this would at least get them somewhere.

"She does things like this rarely Match... so no need to worry." Venril had scooped up the Pygmy with a wing, walking him far enough away so they could whisper freely. He seemed to have noticed the slight pang of worry on Match's snout. It's different. The bird nodded. "She doesn't usually need the staff either, but it helps. She chooses not to use the gifts given to her much of the time. Jealousy killed her parents after all." Silence then. Match understood a bit of what went on then. Only a little, but he had gotten a glimpse into her past. Poor Lyra.

((Ah yes, kill me if you wish. Vagueness is my specialty, while still posting enough to provide glimpses, cliffhangers, and much more than needed to get another post out... yet many times, no one responds to such posts as they never have a clue how to respond ^^" there's tidbits hidden in there here and there, watch for them. they're useful.

Sidenote: what she did, you choose if it works or not. she won't be heartbroken- persay- if it doesn't work... it should simply just wake him up. Let 'em know he's alright and such... and make sure that when he sleeps again, he won't not wake up. But your call. smile.gif (please don't be intimidated... it just happens that way sometimes... yet it looks much larger on an ipod than on a computer, so it might not be that bad -and man when I said that before... it was xd.png but that was somewhere else-) ))

(OOC: Whoops, to much replying in Radiant Imagination, just a second.

Why do people always have eyes "flutter" open?)

Allikan felt himself waking up. His eyes slowly, groggily inched open just enough that he could see Lyra standing over him. He thought.. Actually, for once he managed to not think something really weird and creepy, he just opened his eyes the rest of the way and said, "Five more minutes." Before cracking a smile. He rolled to the side and up, onto his feet, and said, "What happened." He jumped fully onto his feet and grabbed the branch he was using as a weapon. "I haven't been out long, he can't be far." He said before rushing outside. As he exited the cave, only to be hit by a blast of water in the chest and be sent back inside, "That's cheating!" He yelled, "You have to at least let me hit you first!" He repeated the process a few times before giving up, "I guess we'll just have to wait him out." He said and sat down.

((heheh, I'd reply there too but they lost me after 3 days of machine-gunning posts.))

Lyra didn't get it. She was overjoyed Allikan wasn't dead, however his actions just confused her. Match almost ran after him before nearly being crushed as he was sent back inside. Soaked. She didn't get it. One bit.

So much for the cave being protected by the trees... Match mentioned sadly, knowing the mass clump of trees should have kept people out. Which it did, just not when someone ran out of them.

Venril was enjoying it. He didn't get that Allkian was being attacked by water, but seeing him land on his ass certainly did throw a wrench in his bad day.

"You alright?" Lyra finally asked, walking over and standing dumbfounded next to the boy. "Cuz you actually fell, literally, asleep first... now you get all riled up and go attack some water-shooting thing?" She laughed a little and knelt down so he didn't have to strain to look up. "Don't do it again." The seriousness on her face, and in her tone, probably caught him by surprise.

All you heard after that was Venril's twisted laugh. From the dark. Yes, he had moved back to the dark section of the cave and was all too happy to provide creepy atmosphere.

((there's a reason this is short....))

(OOC: It's an awesome RP. Though a lot of people have dropped out.)

Allikan looked at where the laugh was coming from, he didn't realize it was Venril. He shrugged it off, "That guy." He muttered, "He's been after me all day, I think it's the guy with the book." He thought about it, maybe the book was of more significance than he had originally thought. He stood up, "He's right outside, and he's not letting me leave." He walked over to the exit again, "You can't just keep shooting me back in here all night! You'll wear out eventually!" He shook his fist at the exit, which was pointless since Dangerous Looking Book Guy couldn't see him. He muttered a curse under his breath and sat back down.

Book? Venril's head tilted slightly in the darkness- not that anyone could see it. His laugh stopped abruptly, sounding as if it was strangled off to a hurtful stop. What book?

Lyra stood up when Allikan did, refusing to sit when he sat down. "What book? What guy? Venril didn't mention anyone following you." "Nor would I have noticed with this kid running amok all over. Someone did hit him with water... bout the time I slammed into his back." The voice was still disembodied. It was starting to freak Match out, even though he knew it was Venril.

Maybe another person in this drugged up game? The Pygmy offered. Lyra didn't get what he meant by drugged. Rigged maybe? "Could be... but then there's that stupid guy and that gum throwing girl out there too. I was following them both when someone tried to slug me... which you know," Lyra gestured to Match. "so they might now be working together..." She thought for a second. "The person who slugged me though isn't dead." But that hit- "Didn't kill him. I was kind... maybe I shouldn't've been that time."

Match growled then. The two Mischeif Pygmies aren't dead either though, remember? We knocked them out. He wasn't liking this.

"So go outside... do some fancy electric trick... and shock the poor bugger!!" Venril suddenly appeared behind Allikan, laughing as his wings were spread wide to make himself much larger than he already was. As if it wasn't bad that he was a few inches taller than a raven. Match didn't like that trick, but Lyra conked him on the head with the blunter end of her staff. He rolled over Allikan's right shoulder, landing in the boy's lap on his back. He looked like a baby bird then, being cradled by his landed. "Awww come on... Weird Guy uses water... all ya gotta do is go outside, wave your fancy walking stick around with some fancy electricity show and catch him off guard. Then ya go in," Venril suddenly stood up, using his wings as if he were a human about to spear someone. "and shock 'im!!" He said with some ernest and force. "Dead!" The crow fell back into his previous position, starring up at Allikan's face with what was considered a smile.

Does he normally do that? Match asked Lyra soley. She shook her head slightly. "Alright Varandil... he'll kill you later. K?"

Lyra turned around, trusting Venril and Match to keep Allikan where he was. He needed sleep anyway. She thumped her staff once, rather lightly, on the floor and the crystal flared to life with electricity. Small bursts of it shocked the air. It would suffice. She sighed and walked out without a word.

"He'll die. He won't get a chance to kill me." Venril stated triumphantly, finally getting his way with her using her magic. Or she'll never come back. Match told them both, just to throw it in there. The bird raised a wing for a moment. "That too." His wing fell and he stayed laying in Allikan's lap, watching the boy's face. This was fun!

Allikan wasn't going to say anything, but when Lyra went outside he had to speak up, "I think the book is a tome, and I think he's taunting me." He said, "I have my doubts he'll stick with water for you, he tried to boil Rita." Allikan looked at the Dark Myst before continuing, "He's also shown that he can use fire and cause explosions." This was dangerous, not just some game anymore, life and death.

(OOC: Don't kill the guy. And sorry for the short post, It's getting late.)

((I mentioned no wishing to kill. Only Venril did. wink.gif ))

"Awh she'll be fiiiine." Venril said without concern. Lyra was always fine for some reason.

Match tugged at one of his feather, trying to get him from Allikan's lap. And if she isn't? The bird's head turned to look at the Pygmy. "We're out one friend Match. He'll be out two eyes and four fingers though... and that blasted bookish thing."

Lyra came outside to really see no one. Aside from a momentary splash of water that missed her. "Hey quit it!" She half yelled, a small spark arcing to the second slash and sending it in a small amount of smoke. Why did electricity always have to be unpredictable?

But a burst of fire somewhat caught her offguard. Allikan didn't mention fire. Luckily for Lyra, fire happened to be her specalty, along with making weird bird friends that turned out to be slightly twisted for their humour. The fire disippated with a slight whisper from Lyra. No more attacks came from that point, though she hadn't any luck pinpointing the origins either. They came from different directions.

"So I suppose you figured out he isn't alone..." Lyra started. "Certainly not. Oh, I suppose I could give you a bit of information." She spoke a little louder now. "Don't piss off crows."

It seemed comical, the information did, but her tone did not give any comicness to it. It was already proven that crows flew about freely here, hence how Venril was able to aid Lyra in the first place- though he knew many of these crows from other places. Many odd animals flew about freely. "Don't piss off a rock either... they'll come back to knock you in the head." She added, knowing sometimes rocks did actually do that. Magic living rocks often hated people. Venril had showed her proof some time ago.

But with those two tidbits of information, she walked back inside as the entrance sealed up. Match was elated. Venril, well, he didn't move a muscle. "Told ya she'd live!" He at least said with some conviction, laughing again. "Poor sucker thought you'd die." But he gave no show of who that 'sucker' was. "He'll have heard about your friends Venril... so don't be surprised if he's paranoid about black birds." That brought another, more twisted, laugh from the crow. His golden eyes twinkled with amusement. "He's in for a surprise then. You can use 'em too if you'd like Allikan. We're not selfish when it comes to causing trouble!!"

Lyra shook her head, sitting about a foot away from Allikan while facing him. Venril would take getting used to for these three. She didn't need any more time to get used to him. This was how he was when he got his mind on something odd. Usually he was somewhat well mannered and less- the way he was now.

(OOC: Alright, I really need to get a post in. Be advised that it may be affected by outside forces.)

Allikan wasn't really sure what to say, maybe he should just be quiet. But he hated being quiet, "What happened?" He asked, "You're not wet." He was surprised she hadn't even gotten wet. Then the cave started shaking, that was weird enough, but the spikes, he couldn't remember the proper term, that started coming up from the ground were worse. He rolled his eyes, this he could deal with. At least normally, but he had others around him, and Rita to protect, so he couldn't just go crazy and break things, Oh well, I'll just have to come back here and break things later." He scooped up Rita and waited to see if Venril had any more bright ideas.

"Electricity loves water... and smoked it. But the water stopped. Fire showed up lat-" Earthquake? Lyra stood up after spikes started coming out. At first she had figured it was just an earthquake- nothing special- but obviously not. Venril had fallen out of Allikan's lap when he stood up, causing the bird to ruffle his feathers a little. "Hey! Watch i- uh..." He stopped too once he realized the spikes were there.

Flying now, along side Match, Venril glanced at Lyra who just stood where she was. "Well...." He drawled it out. "You coming along?" "Out front? That's what this guy wants... you know that you crazy bird!" But Venril shook his head. "The back way." The back way? There was no back way!? "What back way?"

The bird flew off without a word. Match seemed just as confused as she was. "Venril!" She sighed angrily. That bird would never slow down for anything. "What back way!!" She yelled, deciding to follow where he went.

"This way you crazy woman!" She turned to see Venril bobbing his head by a small hole. There was air flowing from it. "Now you blow it up." He seemed rather serious about Lyra blowing it up. "And how do you suppose I do that!"

Allikan watched the proceedings, amused, "I can kick it." He suggested. He kicked down one of the random stala-whatevers to prove his point. It wasn't a very big one, he didn't want to hurt anyone, but hopefully they would let him kick the opening. He picked Rita back up, he had set her down before his kick, and walked over to the others.

(OOC: Sorry for the short post.)

((been busy... like usual :/ ))

Lyra noticed Allikan come over suggesting he kick it. How would kicking it help? It was a rock wall. It looked pretty solid. But she didn't want to blow anything up. What was the point? "Go ahead if you must... just... don't break anything. I don't want to have to set a broken leg." "She doesn't want to have to heal it is what she means." Venril butted in, laughing a little. He liked teasing her about her lack of wanting to use magic.

((short post is short thanks to internet kicking me off every two minutes- still. stupid internet people-helpers won't/can't help or whatever it is they think is wrong is wrong and doesn't help :/ ))

(OOC: Eez fine, I'm having troble extending my posts lately.)

Allikan walked over and set Rita down, he tapped on the wall several times to find a weak spot. It took him a moment, but he found it. He turned sideways and gave it a good hard kick. It didn't bring the wall down, it was only one kick after all, but an audible, "Crack!" Could be heard, the wall now had a long crack running along it, part of it branching into the hole. He repeated the process a few times until he was able to shatter a large enough hole to climb through, barely.

"Just had to find a weak spot, and it's only a foot or three thick." He picked up Rita and carefully slid her through. He didn't mention how badly his leg hurt, but he was sure it'd be fine later.

Venril followed after everyone got out of the hole. Lyra, being slightly cautious and at Match's behest, used her magical knowledge to seal the hole back up. He nuzzled her cheek for that.

Her staff's glow had weakened a bit, loosing the electrical quality it had and returned to having a dark pulsing aura within the crystal. Match beckoned them all to follow him.

Venril, however, had other plans. He flew off toward the original entrance of the cave with a shrill caw. If it could be considered that. Lyra was never sure what to exactly call it. It certainly wasn't anything good though. "Get back here!" She yelled quickly to him, though he never listened- as usual.

With a disgruntled sigh, Lyra decided to follow Match. She realized, however, that Allikan's kick probably should have at least hurt his leg a little bit. It was rock after all, whether or not with a weak spot, and hurt when you kicked it. At least for anyone else she knew it did. Maybe Allikan was special. "You sure you're ok?" She had enough nerve to ask. It couldn't hurt to be sure, right?

Allikan put on a smile he didn't feel, "I'm fine." He said, being careful not to clench his teeth.

He was trying his best not to limp, it wouldn't do to have anyone worrying about him right now, they needed to escape. They needed to find somewhere to hide, then he noticed that the shaking had stopped, maybe the guy had left? He hoped so desperately. He hoped they could find a way to wake Rita. He wondered why the Scholarly Guy hadn't tried to kill him, maybe he just felt like having fun with Allikan. One thing was for sure, it meant he felt Allikan was a weak opponent.

Lyra didn't quite believe Allikan, but she didn't press. She'd ask again later and see if she could catch his answer changing. Match continued to lead them all away from the Cove in quite a hurry. When asked, he didn't exactly know where they were going. Away, was all you got out of him. Hurried too.

Venril circled the entrance where the odd person seemed to have been. He saw no sign of it, but did notice a few spikes here or there. And some overturned rocks. Other than that, nothing was out of the ordinary. But, the crow didn't leave just yet. He wanted to be absolutely sure that the kid was gone. Heck, for trying to hurt Lyra, he rather would be able to peck the kid's eyes out.

Allikan realized he'd left his stick back at the cave, oh well. He was thinking of ways he could sharpen the next one, he needed a real sword. But he needed to focus on the task at hand, which, at least for him, was getting Rita to safety. She needed to be somewhere warm and damp, but it was pretty cold throughout here. Well, he supposed they just needed to keep walking. He almost tripped once because of his leg, but he was able to keep his balance. Lyra seemed a little worried, which was fine with him as long as it didn't detract from the mission. He decided it was a good idea to tell her what he thought was going on, not his leg though, "I think he's toying with me, he sees me as a weak competitor, so while the others are off killing each other he can wait around and have some fun. He can also keep me alive in case he sees a way to use me."

Lyra frowned slightly at what Allikan said. "Well if that's true, I wonder what he thinks of everyone else... he probably hates me because I went outside." She chuckled a little at that. If this kid hated her, she didn't really care. He had no true reason to really hate her, or, for that matter, to pick on Allikan.

She nearly tripped over Match, jumping back a little when she realized he'd landed. His look didn't seem pleased. We're not gonna get anywhere quietly if you laugh. He scolded her, starting to fly again. This way. He returned, flying ahead of them all.

Lyra continued her walk, using her staff as a fancy walkingstick. Oddly, the limb she had held before seemed to be gone, though she didn't seem to notice.

Allikan felt himself dropping behind, he couldn't keep up with Rita and his leg. While the others were cresting hill up ahead he quickly knelt, setting Rita down as he did so, and pulled up his pant leg a bit. It was worse than he had expected, the ankle was bruised badly, he couldn't help but cringe a little at the colors. His leg was deep purple and blue, even black. And a couple spots were reddened with the blood beneath the skin, he was worried now, the blood like that meant he had punctured a blood vessel, a moderately sized one, under his skin. And if that weren't bad enough, he was beginning to think he had broken his ankle again.

(OOC: Essentially, he broke his ankle and has some internal bleeding.)

Lyra let Match fly again more, seeing no reason to hurry. The weird kid wasn't around, nor was Venril- which she found odd-, and she noticed Allikan starting to slow down. So she stopped. Right where she was. Waiting for Match to stop and notice, which he did- not too happily- and landed. A small spurt of fire could be seen from his spot. She sighed, walking toward Allikan when he knelt down. "You ok-" She stopped asking when she saw his leg. "Nope. You're not..." She half answered herself as she got closer. She knelt next to him, taking a bit closer look at his leg. It didn't look well off at all. Then, she looked right in his eyes. Mixture of worry, slight anger and unhappiness swirling in the hazel coloring of her irises. "You could've told me!" She told a little bit louder than intended. "It wasn't going to be a bother if you had told me..." Her gaze slipped to his leg and ankle again. "Not that it is now. Maybe for Match the hurry-pygmy, but not for me... just," She looked back up to his face. "You should'a told me sooner. It looks really painful... and I could've prevented that from going as far as it has now." Now she seemed a bit more worried than she would have liked. Probably because she didn't think she could heal this. Healing magic wasn't necessarily her specialty- it was Venril's. The bird that was nowhere to be found was now needed. Greatly it seemed.

But Lyra wasn't going to give up. She'd only tried to heal something once and Venril had taken over that field for the rest of the time. She had supposed it was because he wanted to feel useful. "So can I try healing it now? Or are we going to tell me you're fine again?" A thorn of distrust coated the last question. She didn't appreciate being lied to ever. And it showed.

Allikan sighed as Lyra came over, she looked over his leg as he sat in stubborn silence. She seemed angry with him, he supposed she was right to be. He looked over at Rita, at this point his leg was just slowing them down. He sighed again, "You can heal it, I think it's broken though." He was worried that the guy was following them. He wanted Rita to be safe, he three options, one: Continue on as they had been, with him dragging and slowing them down. Two: Lyra could take the time to heal him, slowing them down. And, "Three: You could just leave me, like in the movies, leave me and get Rita to safety." He hadn't intended to say that out loud, but he had. Now for the expected no. He knew what his argument should be, "And before you tell me what a bad idea that is, healing me will slow us down, me continuing as I am will slow us down. If I'm going to make it I'll make it whether or not we stay together, but if I'm not, it'd be better that the rest of you did." He felt so corny, but it only made sense.

Leave him? Was he really serious!? Lyra was probably visably angry now, and she shouldn't really have been. It was an understandable gesture to try and get them all to safety, especially for Rita if that kid was still around. But leaving Allikan there was out of the question for Lyra. Completely. But by now Match had come over to check, and he seemed to be wanting to move after the show of spikes before.

"I'm not leaving you here." Lyra stated matteroffactly, showing no sign of changing her statement. One thing about Lyra was that she was stubborn. Probably, and very close to always, the most stubborn person you ever met. Ever. Even more than Venril.

Match huffed, landing near Rita. Someone's gotta help her... He reminded them both. "Then you can. You'd have to anyway if we weren't around Match, so if you wanna leave then you can leave." Lyra seemed short now in temper, and probably was starting to say things she shouldn't. You know I won't. That'd be dumb. Match replied, seeming slightly miffed about Lyra's antics.

But Allikan had stated that Lyra could heal his leg. So, Lyra started to that after Match had fallen slient. She didn't even wait to hear if Allikan was protesting still. Hopefully she was doing this right. Healing shouldn't be too very hard. But having Venril to spot would have helped. Where was that bird-brain anyway?