Dragonhatchling

1x1 Master and I

(OOC: What'd she do with the hat?)

Allikan was suspicious, but he would need assistance all the more now that he knew Tough and Gum were working together. He finished his apple and went to pick up the food before facing Lyra, "Nice to meet you Lyra, I suppose that could work." He assumed she had been watching him the whole time, all the better, "And thanks for the food." He said to Venril. Then he looked up and began heading southeast again, "I'm going southeast for now, at least until I have reason not to." He called back, "We can go whatever direction you wanted to go if you prefer." He kept walking so as not waste any time while he waited for an answer.

((weeeellll..... I'll show ya xd.png ))

Lyra watched Allikan walk off again. The crow, who had crawled under her hat, perked up a bit and didn't seem so lifeless. He rocketed off her head, taking the hat with him, and flew straight toward Allikan. Being unable to see, he rammed straight into the boy before flopping to the ground as the had landed on top of him.

Lyra laughed, shaking her head before she hopped up another tree. "How about we go separate ways for now and meet up? Venril can keep us in touch a bit." She had answered before going up the tree. The girl soon headed the original direction she had come from, trying to find the weird Gum Girl and Tough Guy. She didn't wait for an answer from Allikan. If he didn't like it, she'd find him anyway.

((gotta go.))

Allikan rubbed the back of his neck and kept walking, that was fine with him. He munched on the apple Venril had given him and kept on, he decided he would get an animal to assist him too. He continued on, not sure what to do, he knew that the goal of the competition was to tame an adult dragon, but the last few years it had been more about being the last man, or woman, standing.

Suddenly he was hit in the face with a stream of water, he didn't see where it came from, but he assumed someone had somehow aimed it at him. He didn't see and water sources around, and was sure how they could make it travel so fast, but somehow they did. He realized he would need water if he wanted to survive. But first he needed something to carry it in, that could be a problem.

((Sorry master... I've been busy...))

Venril had shaken the hat off, leaving it there after burying it. He flew above Allikan after that, lowering himself once to show he was there before he flew above him. If Allikan needed him, he'd help.

But then suddenly the boy was hit with a stream of water. Finding no source, the crow circled instead of flying straight in order to cover all sides. He debated speaking to Allikan, but didn't. If he wanted a crow to talk, he'd say so eventually.

Lyra was gladly hopping through trees, having picked up a trail of Gum Girl again after hearing her yelling about a tree hitting her foot. Stupid girl. She had been spotted not too long ago by Lyra running, with Tough Guy, to somewhere. Following them just lead her in circles. They must have been on to her. But then something slammed into the tree limb next to her. An arrowhead without the shaft. No one could throw it to that height from that angle. A look down didn't show anyone either. "Going on a killing spree I suppose...." She muttered, taking the arrowhead. Her crystal in her fancy walkingstick started to glow with the dark aura again, though faintly. She wasn't going to be taken by surprise.

(OOC: Eez fine.)

Allikan realized the only way to get a reliable water storage device would be to take it from someone who was more prepared than he. The person that had gotten him wet was nowhere in sight, so they were out of the question. He decided to hop in a tree and try to spot someone.

He reached the top of a fairly large one, he couldn't see anyone at first, but then he spotted a girl. He started for her, he was likely condemning her to death, which he didn't like, but that was the game. He dropped from the tree and headed in her direction, she looked scared, but smiled when she spotted him.

Out of the corner of his left eye he saw a grey blur, but he was too late to dodge. A Nilia Pygmy smashed into his side and knocked him over.

The girl leaned over him, "Extremely friendly, far too small to ride." She said, "But he is willing to help me win." She checked Allikan's pockets and was disappointed when all she got was his apple, "You don't carry much. Oh well, one less competitor." She raised her fist above his head, and Allikan tripped her. The Nilia reacted swiftly, keeping her from being harmed. Allikan lashed out at it, kicking it in the face. It fell, out cold.

Allikan faced the girl, "Give me all your supplies and I will leave you in good health, you might yet survive."

She charged him.

He twisted away at the last second and grabbed her shirt collar as she fell, before she could react he flipped her feet out from under her. She clutched at her throat as her breath left her, as soon as she passed out he dropped her collar and she smashed to the forest floor.

He was in luck, she had a plastic canteen and a pocket knife on her. He took them and his apple before walking off to find a source of clean water.

((heeeeey you took my idea xd.png))

Venril had watched Allikan, almost interveining with the Pygmy but saw that he had it covered. He sent out a mocked call of a smaller bird, very close to the real thing, to let Lyra know they were ok. This was going to be interesting.

Lyra jumped down from the tree once someone had thrown another arrowhead. This one snapped when it hit her staff. The staff itself wasn't even dented or harmed, but the stone had shattered. A gasp was heard not too far away. And a dammit. "Come out!" Lyra yelled, heading toward the noise.

Someone tried to swipe her from the side, but Lyra smashed the non-crystal end of her staff into his side. She expected that. Completely. "Idiot!" She yelled as he jumped back, holding his side for a moment. "Really? I wouldn't be sure." He responded, spitting some blood before a small roar could be heard. Two Mischief Pygmies were behind her, carrying arrowheads. One tried to smack her, while the other through another arrowhead. The human boy lunged as well, trying to snatch her staff. "Crud..." Lyra whispered, having jumped back from the attempted smack and got scratched by the arrowhead.

A different noise was heard not to far. A normal Pygmy was nearby, having been foraging around for food, and saw the fighting. He charged after the human, moving Lyra's staff with her help and slamming the crystal end into the boy's forehead. He didn't utter a sound as he fell.

The two other Pygmies hissed, one going after the Normal Pygmy and one going after Lyra. With a guessed hit, Lyra had succeeded in deflecting the attack and pushing the Mischief Pygmy into the other one as the Normal Pygmy pounced on top of them. Lyra knocked them both out quickly, gasping a thank you to the Pygmy. He chattered what seemed to be a thanks back. "This is just weird..." She stated before hearing a bird call. Venril was ok. Good.

"Hey, do you know where to get some water and food by chance?" She suddenly asked the small dragon. His chirp noise seemed to be a yes so she followed him. She'd need water soon and hadn't spotted any.

((Pygmy sized violence xd.png ))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

(OOC: xd.png)

Allikan wasn't sure what to do, he supposed he should try to find a dragon, maybe he could gain ones trust and then convince it to let him ride? He wasn't sure. He needed a plan to tame one, he wasn't going to try to overpower its will like he might a horse, he and the dragon would be equal.

Allikan spotted a small cave off to his right and decided to try that. He walked over and stood outside, he needed to lure any dragons inside out. He picked up a rock and threw it at a nearby tree, it didn't make much noise, but hopefully it would attract enough attention.

Nothing came out of the cave, but a bolt of fire shot past Allikan and scorched the side of the cave mouth. He spun around to see what had sent it, but couldn't spot anything. He turned back to the cave a Dark Myst Pygmy came out, it looked cold, and no wonder Dark Mysts were used to swamps and high humidity.

It looked at Allikan, not appearing at all merry like it should. He felt his canteen, The little bit of water still in it was fairly warm, he opened it and splashed it on the Pygmy, if that girl could make friends with a Nilia then he could make friends with an out of place Dark Myst. It shrunk back but was still hit by the water, it seemed to like it and came over to Allikan.

He put his hand on its head and said, "Would you be willing to help me out a bit?" It cocked its head a moment and then, "I shall, I am Rita, who are you?" popped into his head.

"I am Allikan." He said.

Rita hopped into the air and began moving, "There is water this way." She told him.

He followed after her, munching on his last apple.

(OOC: Everyone should have a Pygmy.)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Lyra followed the small Pygmy's directions as he flew barely ahead of her. Turns out, his various chirps and growls were approvals. She quickly found out he could speak as well, and make all the same noises as a normal sized dragon. Even blow fire. But I haven't ever taken to one name. It kind-of goes off with the moment, ya know?

Lyra nodded, laughing a little. "I get it. The ones people try and call you don't stick... and the ones your kin make for you don't stick either." She hopped over a large rock. Exactly. Usually no one gets that though. The Pygmy added, flying a little more ahead of her.

They had been talking to pass the short amount of time that the fight had been over. The normal Pygmy had given off a slew of different names, explaining that this wasn't the first time someone had tried to win his favor. He had accumulated a few trinkets from that too and even told Lyra that Gum Girl and Tough Guy had tried to force him to help them. She didn't take nicely to that news and was going on explaining that she'd let him be if he wanted which was when the Pygmy changed the subject back to the names.

Water's right... over... The Pygmy flew over to a boulder, landing on it and pointing. There. Only a few more steps. He finished, flying off to the source of water. Food should be around here too but you'll have to work on finding that. My home isn't too far from here.... the only reason I wasn't near it was thanks to that stupid pair of humans.

"It isn't?" Lyra asked as she looked around. She didn't see a cave or anything nearby. The Pygmy darted past her, knocking into a tree right behind her. Right here. A closer look showed a small opening about the size of a medium sized woodpecker nesting hole. It was far enough off the ground that any smaller animals couldn't get to it unless they knew how to climb. It was low enough that no one would notice. "Cool!" Lyra exclaimed, seeing the Pygmy blush a little. Thanks... it's nothing special. He darted past her again. But anyway, the water's over here.

Venril followed both Allikan and the Dark Myst Pygmy. He was kinda miffed that the boy didn't bother introducing him, and once they started to get off more, he made himself known the old fashioned way. Running into them both. Equally as hard. Once that was over with, he flew near Allikan to show Rita it was his job to protect this human for now.

Allikan rubbed his shoulder where Venril had hit him, "What?" He asked, a little agitated with the bird's behavior. Rita looked at Venril curiously before continuing on, "There is a nice warm pool of fresh water up ahead, that's where I'm taking you." Allikan thanked her with a polite nod, "Do you know where I can find food?" He asked.

"There might be some berry bushes around." She replied.

Allikan looked around, he couldn't see many bushes, the trees were still too thick for there to be more than a few, and none were berry bushes. He didn't see any apple trees either, he liked apples. What he did see was a lot of small flowers, one caught his eye, well a ton. Her picked a few dandelion leaves and pocketed them, once he got some water he could cook them. It wouldn't be too filling, but it would at least help tide him off until he found some real food.

"Manners." Venril simply stated when Allikan screamed at him. Did he really need to remind the boy that? Apparently. He flew a little closer to Allikan's head. "I had found you food before... you told me you don't eat berries." He reminded the boy, quickly flying out of his reach.

Lyra looked around a little more. The Pygmy had disappeared into his hole for a moment and reappeared with a bottle of some sort. Flipping over a rock showed a canteen. For you. Choose your pick.... I have no use for either. He stated as he dragged both over to Lyra's feet. She chose the canteen, noticing the bottle had a hole in the bottom. "Thanks." She stated kindly, moving over to the smallish lake and dipping the canteen into it. She rinsed it out multiple times before actually filling it for good. What type of food do you prefer?

"Uh... basically anything that isn't sushi... I'll definitely eat fish though, or any other type of meat, or plant-matter or anything else as long as it isn't rancid or rotted." Lyra answered as the Pygmy asked before he disappeared again. He probably went back to his home to get food. She felt bad for taking advantage of the poor dragon.

Allikan stared at the bird blankly, had he said that? No, he hadn't, "I never said I don't eat berries." Allikan thought some more, "And how did you hear that anyway? Wasn't it telepathic?" He glanced at Rita.

"I may have slipped, I'm too cold to worry about who can hear me." She replied.

Allikan almost fell into the water, he needed to pay more attention. He pulled out his canteen and filled it before saying, "Does either of you have any idea where I could find a makeshift pan to cook these leaves in?" He looked at Rita, she shrugged, so he turned to Venril.

"Would a thin rock work?" Venril asked, having ignored the other question and comment. "You can heat rocks...." The crow added in case no one believed him. "I'll be right back." He added suddenly, having spotted an oddly shaped rock.

His short flight away from the two weird pair revealed a thin enough rock to heat well and due to a tree trying to grow into it, it was almost bowl shaped. Almost. It wasn't a perfectly bowl, or extremely deep, but if Venril could get the tree out he figured Allikan would have to use it. The only problem was getting the tree out. It was a small tree, but it's trunk was rather thick and nearly looked like a full-grown dwarfed tree. Probably because it's growth had been stunted by the rock. For some reason the roots never really went through it.

"Found one." The crow yelled back, gripping the tree and pulling the rock free of the small amount of dirt it had been set it. He fell with the effort but got right back up and began half flying, half dragging, the bowled-tree back to Allikan.

Lyra was startled when the Pygmy came back, without so much as a sound, and suddenly appeared by her staff. He had a small green apple and a tattered book that couldn't have the title read. I found them in my other stash.... the apple's fresh... someone threw it at me a few hours before I found you. The book... well I figured you could read it if you want. He told Lyra as she took the apple. I found a berry bush too... but it was empty and cut up... someone left a broken knife by the bush too. Most of the random bushes were like that by my stash.... The Pygmy seemed sad about that.

"Well thank you..." Lyra responded once he was finished. "I'm sorry to hear that though.... some people just don't appreciate nature as much as others I guess...."

(OOC: Sorry this took me so long, I have been trying to think of a good response all day.)

Allikan watched as Venril flew off. While he was waiting for the bird's return a strong wind came and blew him into the water. He sat up in the water, it wasn't very deep, and looked around. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but a powerful wind like that didn't just come out of nowhere.

Rita had been blown across the pool, Allikan climbed out and went over to her, "We need a fire." She seemed sad.

Allikan looked, it was already getting late, he didn't want to make afire, to avoid attracting attention, but Rita might not survive as cold a night as was sure to come without heat. Allikan stood and went to find some logs and kindling.

Ehhh, I'm not too terribly worried about it. There's plenty of places for me to call home. The Pygmy told Lyra, flitting around for a bit on the small lake. It was getting late and he wasn't so sure Lyra had a place to stay. Do you need a place to stay?

Lyra was surprised by the sudden question. Where could she stay that a Pygmy would be able to put her in? "Uh... maybe?" It was a dumb response, but she didn't know what to say.

I know a few places... one's not too far from here by a cave. I think the cave might be taken, but the tree-nook is practically unsightable and isn't known by hardly anyone. He told her after flying up to where she sat. He seemed to be enjoying her unsure response.

"Ok..." Lyra wasn't seeing any downside to that. Right this way. The Pygmy told her with a flurish of his wings. He flew off away from the lake-like pool and toward a clumped bunch of small trees.

((not a problem.))

The fire felt good, Allikan would have enjoyed it, if he weren't so worried about being spotted. He had boiled the dandelion greens in the rock Venril had brought, they had been okay and had nourished him a little, but he needed real food. Rita was as close to the fire as was possible without danger of injury, she was lying on, or rather in, the rock with some warm water, she looked content. Venril was up in a tree nearby, Allikan doubted he was sleeping. Allikan was about to fall asleep when he noticed something odd about Rita's water, it was bubbling. His eyes widened as he realized what was happening, "Rita, get out of that water." He said, when she didn't respond he went over and pulled her out. There was silence for a moment, then the ground around the rock exploded upward. After the dust had settled the rock was gone and all was silent again. Allikan wondered what had happened as he held Rita, who seemed unable to wake up.

Venril had been keeping watch when he heard Allikan yelling at Rita. Then the rock exploded right about the time he had chose to fly down from his spot in a tree. A chunk of earth almost hit him too. But he refrained from swearing when he saw Allikan holding Rita.

Cocking his head slightly, he looked to Allikan for an answer. "She alright?" He asked with a worried tone. He glanced over his shoulder to the blasted ground and rock pieces. "Lucky lucky lucky." He said while shaking his head after turning to get a full view. A quick hop over got him to the spot. "Bad rock choice maybe?" He asked as he looked back to Allikan. "It didn't seem liable to explode when I got it."

The Pygmy perked up as he stopped, having heard a sound that didn't sound right. Lyra heard it too, half thinking it was Gum Girl and Tough Guy playing tricks. But what if it was Venril and Allikan?

Should we? The Pygmy's voice suddenly broke her thoughts. "Err... I dunno.... it might be a trap." She answered him as he started flying in that direction. "Didn't you hear me!!?" It was this way anyway... just not as far. So we'll kill two birds with one errand. "I have a bird-friend you know..." Lyra answered, taking slight offense to that comment. Well then, I'm sorry. You never mentioned it.... The Pygmy answered back apologetically, flying a bit faster.

Allikan glared at Venril, "I think she's had a spell put on her to keep her asleep." Inside he thought Venril's comment was hilarious, he decided to try to be more friendly, "Would you like to attempt to kiss her? Or shall I?" He broke into a grin, "I think someone is targeting me, which either means they think I'm a tough opponent or an easy target, let's hope it's the former." Allikan didn't want to be the first out, he didn't really want to be out at all. He wished he had been allowed to bring his sword, but weapons were not allowed, at least not obvious ones. He set Rita down gently, luckily the fire had not been put out and he was able to put her near it. He would need to at least find some form of weapon, maybe a straight branch. He hopped into the nearest tree in search of one.

Kissing? Venril wouldn't ever dream of kissing a dragon, or human, or even another bird. "Crows don't kiss." He informed Allikan before the boy could continue to speak. He listened after that.

"Well if someone's targeting you..." He flew up to where Allikan would be. "Ya think they might try their hand at Lyra?"

Lyra was practically running after the small dragon by the end of their little talk. He had continued to fly faster in order to show her her 'living spot' -as he called it- and to get to where the explosion was. "Slow. Down!" She ended up ordering when the small dragon skirted out of sight. Sorry.... I forgot humans can't run as fast as Pygmies can fly at times. She heard him say, still not seeing a sign of the small dragon.

He popped up behind her, flying off again in the direction they had gone before. It was somewhere around here... right? Right now Lyra would have rather stopped at her 'living spot' than chase sounds in the night. It probably was a trap. At least she had her staff to whack people with. "Maybe." She responded to the small dragon, looking around.

Another Pygmy was near a fire not too far ahead of them. Dark Myst from the looks. Female too. Her Pygmy friend already spotted it and was off again. So much for looking for traps. "Hey. Hey... calm down. Would you!?" She pulled the Normal Pygmy away from the sleeping Dark Myst. Suspicious of the fire. Her friend was basically angry, and silently freaking out. She's not just asleep. She'd wake up if she was. He informed her, now looking about to see if anyone was there. "Well then we'd best get out of here before whoever has her comes back... right?" Lyra reasoned, having to practically pull the Pygmy away from the sleeping one. Nope. We're gonna find out who's doing it... I don't want to be put into a thousand year sleep.

So much for getting sleep. Lyra rolled her eyes. "I doubt it's a thousand years.... probably just two days... something small...." She set her staff upright, standing. "I mean c'mon, who puts a Pygmy to sleep for a thousand years? That's a bit excessive, isn't it? Even for a normal sized dragon...."

Allikan pulled a nice looking branch off the tree and turned to Venril, "Nah, I doubt they would even know I was working with.." He looked past Venril at the camp and Rita, "Lyra?" He jumped down and walked over to her, "What are you doing here? I thought you went the other way." He said, he noticed she had a pygmy with her. The pygmy seemed upset about Rita's condition, so he attempted to reassure it, "Rita seems to have been put under a sleeping spell, I'm sure it'll wear off in the morning." He looked at the Rita nervously and hoped he was right.

"Allikan?" Lyra turned to see him walking toward her. "Uh... well, I was following him. He was supposed to lead me to some shelter-" Which I did. The Pygmy interrupted her and held the words with both of them. "-Anyway... I ended up following him here too since we figured someone might be in trouble." She finished, not entirely sure why she followed him here.

As for Rita... I wouldn't be so sure. They're notorious for not wearing off 'in the morning'. The Pygmy seemed to be mocking Allikan. Lyra hadn't ever had him do that to her.

"Seems someone doesn't like your theory Allikan." Venril flew down with laughter in his voice. His presence seemed to scare the Pygmy for a second before the crow landed on Lyra's shoulder. "See.... I told you I have a friend." She reminded it, petting Venril as he watched the Pygmy. "He's a friend too."

Allikan looked behind him at Rita, then at the pygmy, "You wanna be the one to kiss her then?" He retorted, then he faced Lyra, "Someone is targeting me, I don't think they are after you, but if they see us together it could cause problems..." He looked at Rita again, he would never forgive himself if she were to die because of him. He realized it was dampening his normally joking mood and impatient demeanor, "but we need to get her somewhere safe first." He turned back to Lyra, for some reason he imagined himself kissing her when he did, "Bleah, to much thought of kissing." He looked away as he felt himself blushing.

(OOC: not aiming for anything romantic, just making things awkward.)

((*applauds* Yay awkwardness!))

The Pygmy growled at Allikan's comment. He didn't want to kiss anything but he wanted Rita to be safe.

Venril looked from Allikan to Lyra, seeing Allikan blush a little. He spread his wings, lowering his head and cawing loudly as Lyra also seemed to blush slightly. That action made both instances disappear as Allikan looked away. Just to be sure, the crow practically headbutted Lyra's head before she swatted him off her shoulder.

"We'll get her somewhere safe..." She stated to the Normal Pygmy as he watched this. He probably found that weird. "Uh... maybe we can take her to that place you talked about? The living spot?" She added to the Pygmy as he tried to carry Rita.

We could... but that was meant for you Lyra.... but it'd be safe. No one knows about it but you and me. He decided to tell Allikan that too, but kept the information from Venril. Judging by the crow's look, Venril knew that something was kept from him and he didn't like it, but, he showed no sign of attacking the Pygmy for it.

(OOC: I have to be honest, that has happened to me before, except without blushing. But that does bring the question to mind, the dramatic and suspenseful plot has them falling in love and either finding a way to both win and living happily ever after, or only one of them winning and causing even more drama. So, back tot he question, do they fall in love?)

Allikan looked at Venril, not sure what was up, and then shrugged it off. "So where are we taking her?" He asked the pygmy. He desperately wanted Rita to be safe, and he was worried about it appearing he and Lyra were working together. He found himself in a terrible predicament, one that seemed to have no answer.

(OOC: What do you think of my writing so far? This post isn't so good, it's really late for me. I find that I write better when whoever I'm RPing with writes well to, partly because there's more to reply to. i think that's why my posts in Dying Dynasties have been how they have been today, I'm RPing with myself.

EDIT: Check out my siggy.)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

((Heh, they can fall in love if ya want. I'll have it be your call. I don't mind either way.

And your posting is good. I've had experience with rping with myself since the Eragon RP started basically (partly because one of the characters I had got promoted to directly interact with the other character I have... and I can manipulate them to play off their opposite views and histories, which is quite fun) so my posts are all usually about "nothing" while being about "something" (most of the time I never know what that is- I 'wing' every single post I do in any rp.... they all somehow stick to the plot and make their own subplots though...) and then they turn huge.... all the posts here basically are considered 'small' for people's standards of me xd.png but I don't mind. I find you a very good rper in general. You're very creative.))

This way. The Pygmy stated, flying off once Lyra had offered to carry Rita. Venril followed above just in case they lost the speedy Pygmy in the night. "Crazy thing flies faster than I've ever seen a dragon fly.... and faster than how we got here..." Lyra muttered, running off with Rita in her hand and arm. She still carried her staff but made sure not to loose Allikan or anyone else. "It's not too terribly far." She somewhat whispered to Allikan.

I'm taking you a way people get easily lost so no one finds it. The Pygmy stated, having slowed down now to their running speed.

(OOC: Danke. I do tend to try harder to stick to the plot, and usually plan ahead a bit, but I generally 'wing it' too, i find it more fun if my posts have a little randomness. But my plot skills... I have a plan for Dying Dynasties that's a hundred years into the future (in-RP), I plan waaaay ahead.

It terms of love, I hate to not have the whole [lot planned out, but this is a 1x1 and will be less fun if we both know what's going to happen from the beginning, so let's just see how it ends up.

I would definitely say no if Allikan were based more on me, but he's just a fragment, the joking and rambunctious part that I am with my friends, so it would be okay.

Dang this OOC is getting big, but have just one more thing to say. My posts aren't usually very big, but I don't feel size matters as much as content.)

Allikan followed the pygmy alongside Lyra, he was about to respond when he spotted something strange, the pygmy flew right past but Allikan stopped Lyra by holding up his hand, "There's a trap there." He pointed to a patch of disturbed leaves on the ground. He walked over to a nearby tree and spotted a rope running along the ground near it, "Strange." Was his simple thought, he had expected it to be strung onto the tree, unless... suddenly he was hanging upside down, "Unless they expect me to spot the obvious trap." He would have kicked himself if he could, "A little help?" He said sheepishly to Lyra.

(OOC: And one more thing, I like to write my thoughts as my characters talking to themselves, I have not seen that done anywhere else, thoughts? Well, and some I put less as thoughts and just sort of peering into my chars mind.)