guy person

The Forgotten Island

user posted image

Energy Twinkle cocked her head as she thought about it.

"Nah, I don't think I can do anything particularly special," she replied, picking up a small pebble, which she threw high in the air and caught with her paw. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Troulce and turned, watching him as he carried an injured Silver hatchling into the cave, after which he proceeded to go to sleep in between the eggs.

Energy Twinkle thought that Troulce looked tired and decided not to disturb him. However, out of curiousity, she dashed over to where the Silver hatchling lay and took note of the gash on her shoulder. She ran back to Riad, almost bumping straight into him.

"You said you could heal injuries, can you help her?" she asked, a little worried for the Silver hatchling.

"I wanted to explore, but then I saw you hurt." She answered.

"Do you need anything?" Saffron asked. She didn't like to see this older hatchling hurt, it made her queasy. She stuck out a wing to offer support.

"How did you get hurt? Did you fall down?"

Riad reeled back at the message that another hatchling had been hurt. Why were so many getting hurt, all in one day. O-of course I can! He stammered. However, I'll be really tired after I do it, and I'll probably have to go to sleep. I think you should too, since it's so dark. There are scary things out there ... Riad shuddered at the prospect of more hatchlings getting hurt. He wished that everybody would just play nice tomorrow. He sighed, and padded towards the Silver. Examining the wound quickly, he pictured it in his mind's eye, and set to work. He put both paws on absentmindedly, but this time managed to control his energies because he could picture the wound. He was overjoyed, and was about to tell the Whiptail, but his distraction caused him to lose the image, and go unconscious from the outpouring of energy that ensued.

Oh, well. I guess you can't have everything.

user posted image

Leaf Scales stood up again, this time slowly. She hated this. She hated this compassion, this caring, it always made her feel guilty and made her think that she wasn't heartless. But of course she was. She was born that way. At least, she was hatched that way. Her eyes flashed a midnight blue for a moment. She felt the familiar rage welling up inside of her. She was angry, angry at Troulce, angry at the little Citrus Wyvern, angry at everyone and everything. However, the Citrus Wyvern could be of slight use.

"Do you know of the one called Troulce?" she asked, ignoring the questions that the other hatchling had asked.

"Um, yes." She answered rather quickly. She didn't really like him because he made her stomach sink when she looked at him. Saffron wondered what happened with the green one's eyes, but brushed it off.

"Do you want me to call him over or something?" She asked.

-------------------

Ere made the foxes stop digging, and made them jump into the giant hole they made.

There they would wait for their master until he came back. The unicorn returned to the cave, ignoring everything that was going on. He layed down next to a pile of eggs and fell asleep.

-------------------

Cerise was being carried by a familiar scent, but she didn't care because she was drowning in her own blood. It was stopped, however, when a new scent placed it's paws on her.

Her insides started stinging and she longed for it to stop. It did when she heard a thud next to her. She fell asleep from exhaustion, not having any dreams.

user posted image

Leaf Scales rolled her eyes in the darkness.

"No," she said curtly, "He was the one who wounded me." Her eyes took in the expression of the hatchling before her. She looked a bit scared and seemed very naive indeed. Leaf Scales smirked slightly to herself.

"He is evil," she continued, "He may pretend that he wants law and order and a better community but in truth, he is just hungry for power. He wants everyone to obey him and if he wants to, he will kill. If anyone accuses him of this, he will deny it, so if he tells you that I'm the one who's lying..." She quietly slunk away in the darkness, calling out the last three words.

"...don't believe him..."

~~~

user posted image

Energy Twinkle thought for a moment, cocking her head, as Riad suddenly flopped down beside the injured Silver. Shrugging, she quickly gathered some moss, which she dragged over the two, like blankets. Afterwards, she curled up in a corner of the cave, fidgeting as she attempted to sleep.

user posted image

Ujurak slowly made his way back to camp. He was tired and everytime he took a step, his legs throbbed. As soon as he made it back, he didn't even bother to go back and try looking for more herbs again. It was just too dangerous- escpecially out in the night, his place was here. He slumped to the ground, he struggled to keep himself up but he finally gave in and was overcome by sleep.

Edited by WolfehDragon

Mango

Mango felt bored. There was nothing to do! She flopped on the ground, admiring how she had decorated. She drifted off to sleep slowly, not even noticing she had done so.

((OOC: Hopefully this doesn't die. I should have gotten around to making this post sooner, since Onix allowed me to do so))

Saffron was worried. She wanted to help the Neotropical, and tell the others what the Neotropical had told her. However, she did not have enough energy to do either, so she found a comfortable place to curl up, and fell asleep.

~~~~~

Daralis yawned, and said, Maybe. I'm getting tired. I guess I'll sleep here. She closed her eyes, and drifted off into unconsciousness.

((OOC: Short posts because I don't want to make any plot decisions with Onix's characters))

"All right Daralis. Sleep tight, I'll be here for you." Alatum promised.

He laid down alongside her, and once again stretched his wing over her for warmth. Nuzzling his cheek alongside hers, his eyes drifted closed, and soon fell asleep.

Holmar woke up groggily. The morning light shone through the treetops, and cast a calming, orange glow on his surroundings. He watched the grass as it swayed softly in the wind, and enjoyed the cool breeze on his face. Everything seemed to be perfect, save one thing: Stars had been hurt. Holmar couldn't get that out of his mind. He knew that it had been fixed, and that nothing could change it, but it was still gnawing at him. He wanted Stars to be safe, that was all. It seemed, however, that it was too much to ask. He could have beauty all around him, and an otherwise perfect life, but for some reason fate wouldn't allow him to keep Stars from being hurt. Holmar's eyes began to well up again, but he managed to choke the tears back. Instead of dwelling on his bad fortune any longer, he nudged Stars lovingly, and said, wake up, Stars. The sunrise is beautiful.

~~~~~

Stupid sun. Troulce shifted uncomfortably in his pile of eggs, and stood up. The sun was too bright, the breeze was making him cold, and the grass couldn't even sit still for a moment! Troulce growled, and made his way to the food pile. It didn't help that he was sore from all the fights he had been in. Oh, how he wished that all the hatchlings would listen to him. He wanted the best for them, he really did.

~~~~~

Riad rolled over in his sleep, still out cold. The breeze comforted him as he dreamt of an idyllic world.

((OOC: Time skip! It's been far too long. Don't let this die!))

Edited by Shibadruid

user posted image

Stars Galaxy opened her eyes a crack. Light was spilling into the cave. Someone was calling her name. She shifted slightly before looking up. Seeing Holmar by her side, she smiled.

"Morning, Holmar," she said, turning back to look at the sun rising through the treetops.

"Yes," she agreed, "Yes, the sunrise certainly is beautiful."

~~~

user posted image

Moon Puff rubbed his eyes. He'd been awake all night. He wasn't sure what was it about the night that made him stay awake. Maybe it was because things looked so much more peaceful and quiet at night. However, it was sinister too. Shrugging, Moon Puff curled up and fell asleep right there, beside the water's edge.

~~~

user posted image

Leaf Scales groaned when she opened her eyes.

"That's right, wake up." Immediately, she jumped to her paws, snarling and ignoring the aching wound in her side.

"Who's there?!" There was a chuckle. Leaf Scales looked around. She was in the trunk of a hollow tree. There couldn't possibly be anyone else around.

"Good, you're awake." Leaf Scales' impatience grew thin.

"I asked you a question!" she snapped.

"I know you did, my dear Leaf Scales, but I'm hurt that you don't even recognise the sound of my voice..." Leaf Scales growled.

"I don't know who the hell you are, so show yourself!" Leaf Scales wasn't entirely sure where the word "hell" came from, but it sure did feel good to say it. A nice way of expressing what she was feeling. And at the moment, she was feeling snappy, annoyed, and angry, all rolled in one. There was another chuckle.

"Save your energy. You're going to need it in a moment." The mysterious voice's tone suddenly grew serious. "If you really want to know who I am, then you have to do exactly as I say. Got it?" The voice was so forceful and threatening, Leaf Scales was startled. However, her expression remained guarded.

"...Got it."

"Now, get out of this hollow tree and tell me what you see." Leaf Scales wondered if it was a joke, but instead of asking, she decided not to question it and crawled out of the tree, looking around cautiously. She froze.

"There's a lion," she spoke quietly.

"Good. Now kill it."

"WHAT?!" she hissed before shutting up when the lion's head swung into her direction. Thankfully, she blended in with the grass below her and the lion did not notice her.

"You heard me. Kill it."

"But why-"

"Don't tell me that you're afraid? You must be as weak as Troulce says you are, then, if you cannot even face up to a lion!" That made Leaf Scales jump up in anger.

"I'm not afraid of a stupid lion! I'll show you!" she snapped as the lion once again looked into her direction, and this time, it noticed her. She snarled and the lion snarled back.

"Bring it on!"

~~~

user posted image

The moment light hit her, Energy Twinkle's eyes snapped open. She jumped up in excitement.

"Hey, look, hey, look, it isn't dark anymore! It's so briiiiight!" She zoomed towards the cave entrance and skidded to a stop on the grass.

"Oh wow, look there's so many thing to seeeee!" she squealed and dashed everywhere, looking at this flower, and that flower, and touching the trees. Finally, she flopped on the grass and rolled over, giggling excitedly.

<OOC: Oh look, part 1 of Leaf Scales' training. Please, please, please, let there be no hatchling to interrupt it...>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Volter slowly got up as the sun rose and shined into the cave. He stretched himself and wondered what he would do today... he decided to go outside to get some air, he noticed a hyper little brown dragon running around the area, "Looks like someone is happy to be awake."

Skiia

Skiia had long since woke up because she was a morning aposematic. She caught a few fish to eat for breakfast, and felt this nagging in her mind. She somehow knew it was telling her to train. So she did, and the nagging went away.

Holmar sighed, and watched the scenery for a while, ignoring an angry Troulce and hyperactive Whiptail. So, he murmured, what do you want to do today? *sigh* I feel like I just want to get away from this place. There are too many bad memories here. Holmar remained silent for a moment, and then added, I'm sorry, I shouldn't ruin the day for you, Stars. We should just enjoy it for what it is. Holmar stretched his wings. They felt larger, and more stable. He wondered if they'd be able to support his weight for longer. Maybe he'd be able to teach Stars better?

~~~~~

Troulce gnawed on a fox, one of the many animals he had killed on his rampage, and stretched. First his back legs, then his front, and finally his wings. Wait a second. His wings? Troulce turned his head to try and get a glimpse of his back, and saw wings stretched out where there was once nothing. What the ... Troulce growled under his breath. Well, this is great. Now there's more of me for the other hatchlings to harass. I guess I could fly to escape them, but I get the feeling that others are growing wings as well. *sigh* this sucks. Troulce walked into the forest, and went to the stream to get a drink of water.

~~~~~

Riad woke up groggily, and looked around. He was still lying down right next to Cerise. He stood up shakily, and walked towards the food pile. He was famished after healing Cerise, and still felt tired, even though he had slept for at least ten hours. Healing others was tiring work. After he ate, Riad walked out into the fields in front of the cave, and attempted to start up a conversation with the Energy Twinkle. Hi, Energy. Do have any plans for today? I just hope nobody else gets hurt ...

((OOC: Riad is about to be very, very depressed, if this day is like any of the others))

Edited by Shibadruid

Looking at the entrance, he noticed Troulce walk out to get some water, and he had wings. Volter decided to follow him to stream. He lapped up a few mouthfuls without shocking the water and turned to Troulce. "Congratulations on getting your wings. At least you didn't need to get struck by lightning."

Troulce growled, oh, shut up. I don't want to talk. In fact, I'd appreciate it if you'd just buzz off and let me think. Troulce snapped open his wings, and used them to perch on a branch. They were still weak, and could barely support his weight, but he needed the practice. After all, the muscles wouldn't get much stronger on their own. Troulce practices leaping from one branch to another, and using his wings when the gap was larger than he could jump.

Volter shrugged and walked away, as he turned away, he flicked his tail sending a small bolt of electricity to shock Troulce's rear end. Volter smirked and trotted back to the cave.

Troulce ignored the sharp pain from the electrical shock, and continued jumping from branch to branch. I expect so very little from the other hatchlings, and yet they still disappoint me. All I want from them is to listen to me, and to understand why I am fighting. Is that too much to ask? Apparently so. Hmph. Leaf Scales leads an easy life. All she has to do is hurt other hatchlings, and she's content. I have to save hatchlings to be happy, and it seems that none of those hatchlings want to be saved. You know what? I'm not even going to try today. The evil hatchlings can do what they wish, and the others will just have to cope. I don't think they'll last an entire day without calling for me to help. Troulce continued jumping, travelling in a direction he had not yet explored. If the others wanted to find him, they'd have to use telepathy to ask him to return.

user posted image

Stars Galaxy just kept silent.

"It's okay," she said, "Besides, we couldn't possibly leave the other hatchlings here. Some of the eggs still haven't hatched yet." She paused.

"But I'm sure that over time, we'll get along in peace. No more deaths, no more fights...hopefully," she continued softly. Slowly, she got up onto her paws. Her wounds from last night didn't hurt much, but they ached. However, it wasn't about to stop her from moving about.

"What do you suppose we should do today?" she asked, as she idly watched the hyper Whiptail.

~~~

user posted image

Energy Twinkle looked up at the face of Riad and grinned, still upside-down. She rolled over and got onto her paws.

"Hey, Riad! I'm not sure what I'm gonna do today, but I'll probably be exploring!" she skipped around him. Then, she stopped, remembering the events of the previous night.

"Are you okay, though? You just fell...unconscious after healing that Silver hatchling last night," she said, concerned.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((Well, he did listen to him and left. Troulce said nothing about 'NO shocking me!'))

As he headed to the cave, Volter tried to decide what kind of life he would lead. If he stayed with the good, he would be in the company of friends but then be judged on his actions and be given challenges to his morality. If he chose bad, he would led an easy, lonely life to do as he pleased. No obligations, nobody to worry about... no one to mourn...

Riad nodded, listening to Energy quietly. Oh, I'm fine, he stated as she finished, just a bit tired. It seems like healing others takes a lot of energy. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to go get a drink of water. Riad walked off towards the stream with calm, measured steps. For whatever reason, he was feeling especially laid back. He enjoyed the sights and sounds of the forest in the morning. He hadn't seen a sunrise before, and was still trying to figure out how the sun worked. It confused Riad, so he stopped think about it and merely wandered the forest, going in the approximate direction of the stream.

~~~~~

Holmar shrugged. He felt so ... inadequate. He couldn't save Stars when she had been captured by Leaf Scales, he couldn't make her feel better, and he couldn't even consider the fact that there were other lives in the eggs! He felt like he wasn't good enough for Stars, and it was slowly crushing him. His legs buckled, and he had to lean on Stars slightly to stay upright. I guess we could explore more, he began, quietly, try to find other areas like the hill and the clearing. There's not much to do until we can get further into the tundra, and I don't want to try that any time soon. Holmar's stomach gurgled slightly, and reminded him of his hunger. First, though, I think we should eat. Do you know if there are any grapes left, Stars?

user posted image

Stars Galaxy thought for a moment, then she slowly shook her head.

"No...I think they're all finished, and that was why I was looking for...more...last night..." Her voice lowered to a murmur as she remembered what had happened in last night. She felt something lean against her and looked at Holmar.

"Are you okay?" she asked, a bit worried. He looked fine, but at the same time, he didn't look too good somehow.

~~~

user posted image

Energy Twinkle skipped beside Riad. She put her head to one side as she listened.

"Well, I'm pretty sure it won't be as tiring if you practise more," she said, as she jumped into the stream, in which she jumped out again almost immediately.

"It's f-freezing," she shivered, shaking her body, inadvertently flicking some water droplets into Riad's direction.

"Oops, sorry! Anyway, maybe today you should just take abreakorsomethingIdon'tknowmaybeweshouldjusthavefunalthoughforsomereasonlifedoesn'tseemthatsimplebutyouknowwecouldjusthavefunlike...you know," she said, stopping her quick chatter when she realised that she was talking too fast. She grinned goofily at Riad.