Psycho Cat

Trapped ◊ Accepting!

Siku noticed the falseness in her quiver., but wouldn't make a call on it. He was only twelve, he couldn't be fully certain. The falseness had been used with him from the priests back home, from a few two-faced children who only got close to him to reap rewards from the church when he was very young. But it had happened a long time ago, and ever since he'd met Ekundu it hadn't mattered because he didn't waste his time with anyone else unless he had to. The girl sounded like she was trying to stay unattached to the other captives. He continued to explain the situation to Ekundu, making a note in his head that he would make every effort not to associate with anything that would lead information to Z's ear. If he was right about the twinge of deceit, then she could become a traitor at some point. There was too much on the line to risk so much as a hair follicle on that possibility.

~~

Too young, too inexperienced or too trusting, Tatsuke didn't notice it at all. But he also wasn't paying the girl much mind. Tatsuke's attention had been drawn to Edward. When one was lost and in a state of shock or turmoil, especially when also young, they tended to look to the person most composed. It was the same affect as being lost at an airport and separated from his mother, so he turned to the airport security guard. He believed Edward was going to be the leader, and he would get them all out of here. Get him back to his mama. So he waited patiently for the next important statement. Naiive and trusting, yes, but not stupid. He understood he was going to have to listen carefully to everything said and follow the instructions to the letter.

So, they both noticed. None of the others that were awake, aside from Sandy, had. So, those three were the ones to watch. The others would probably follow like helpless lambs. Or mindless bulls. Either way, she didn't really give a hoot. If she wanted to get out of here, she needed to stay focused. She'd be no help to anyone if she got herself killed. If she got out, she could tell someone, which would probably help more than anything she alone could do. But, who knew. She wouldn't be able to make an accurate calculation until she actually saw with her own eyes what Marley was doing.

At last the headache was starting to throb away to a tolerable level. His fingers were feeling the actual floor again with only mild numbness, and though his muscles still ached, he could feel the strength to push up away from the floor and look at the first thing that had caught his attention; the packet on the floor. Confused, he picked it up and began thumbing through the pages, scanning each one. All he really gathered from that looking was that it was full of pointless questions, and after flipping through them all, he turned it over, then threw it down after affirming that it was useless. Looking up, his heart skipped a beat. He was... in a jail cell? A cage? Not... quite... but... Harry stood and slowly stepped toward the glass wall, touching it with disbelief, gingerly pressing his hand on it, the cool touch reassuring him that it was real.

He looked around at the concrete and bars, registering his closest surroundings, slowly turning back to the glass front again... What was he doing here? He was trapped ... and then realization brought rage. Trapped against his will! This was wrong! Harry balled his fists, glared, face growing hot, breathed through his nose, nostrils flared, and he growled, kicked the glass lashing out with his foot, then punched it with both fists, backed up, breathing heavily. He charged into it with his shoulder, only ending up with an "Ow!" and retreating back a step, staring murderously at the glass, shoulder numb, and he stubbornly backed up to charge again and slammed into the glass with the same shoulder as a battering ram. "Ow...!" It didn't work. Efforts fruitless, he slid down the glass, shoulder sore, toe slightly stubbed, knuckles stinging, and bit his lower lip frustratedly.

What was he doing here?

Unclenching his fists and carefully, slowly, flexing his hands, Harry felt his hot eyes start to sting. He was alarmed at this sign of tears, quickly shutting his eyes tightly, closing them to keep the water away. He was not crying! That was babyish. The technique turned out mostly successful, and he reopened his eyes with moisture only in his eyeballs that was soon absorbed. He was starting to get a hold of his senses again, breathing evenly and face and neck more warm than hot, calmer, but heart still a little off because of the tenseness of, oh, being kidnapped. He had been shocked at his imprisonment... but he had to get over that. Harry was going to escape, and needed to think.

Holding his shoulder, he looked around, standing, noticing fully for the first time that there were kids in the cells nearby to one side. "Who are you guys?" was the first question that came to his mind and predictably tumbled out of his mouth. Ah... He thought again, too late, reflecting on his initial reaction waking up, and he was embarrassed, helping to distract him from his anger; he hadn't realized that there had been a bunch of peers around to watch him freak out, and wished he had behaved more cool and composed. At least there was no doubt that he was unhappy to be here. "And... do you know why we're here?" He took his hand off his shoulder, stretching the fingers on that hand trying to dispel the last of the numbness leftover from the tranquilizer.

"I'm Harry," he thoughtfully added.

Edward looked over to the sudden slamming in surprise. He felt a bit embarrassed for the boy slamming against the glass. Understandable, but futile. He turned away until the young man was done. He didn't like seeing such tactless rage. "Test subjects, for testing." he said, glancing over at Harry. Dark skin, brown hair. He looked about 12 like most people here seemed to be. "If you'd like to join us then I'd like your age as well." he looked intently down at his sheet of paper. He didn't know why that particular instance of glass beating was so painful to watch, but maybe it was because most other people had calmed down by the point this Harry had woken up.

Harry- __years- dark skin, brown hair-

Sandy smiled. She knew how to get out of their cells, it didn't seem too hard. "Edward," Sandy whispered urgently "You know how this is plexiglass? You know how It's so cold in here? Its because of the plexiglass, it shapes or welds under high heat. We just need this place to be hotter and the plexiglass will be soft enough to break through". She hoped her idea worked ((I just researched plexiglass to find a way to break it)). And once they all got out they could attack Marley, 12 or more rage-filled children could put up a decent fight against one crazy scientist with a tranquilizer.

Sandy looked at the new boy a few cells down with dismay. He didn't get that he couldn't break free, like herself when she first came, striking the glass like a cornered lion in a futile attempt at freedom.

"Nice to know you know your plexiglass, Sandy, but how are we supposed to make it hot enough to weaken it?" Arisa whispered to her dryly, looking around for some sort of air vent or air conditioner. It wasn't that she didn't think her plan would work, well, actually, she didn't, but she couldn't see how they were going to heat up the room from within these cages. Maybe some would say she was being pessimistic, but really, it she was more realistic than anything else. What was the point of Marley bringing them all here? She hadn't even done anything yet. The one time she'd seen her since she'd woken up, she'd completely ignore everyone in the room. In her mind, Arisa believed they needed to be patient, wait to see what the woman would do. After all, there wasn't a huge amount they could do.

Tatsuke was quietly observing the room as the children said this, taking in every detail.

"Where in the world are we, that's the question." Siku spoke softly, "If we're near mine and Siku's home, Kenya, then this place would be equipped with an air conditioner that would require breaking. If we were in a cool place like Russia, we'd have to find and crank up the heat. But if we're in a place that has a mild temperature year-round, the strategy may not work. Considering what different parts of the world we're all from- at least I'm assuming because that Tatsuke boy sure doesn't sound like he's from Africa- we could be anywhere."

"Yes, you are right" Sandy said blankly to Siku, and she only knew his name from when he responded to Edward. "But the temperature in this room is well below room temperature, like most labs. This plexiglass isn't too thick, it may melt from our combined body heats." she added in her intellectual ((but not smart alecy)) tone of voice, keeping it fairly quiet. Edited by blazingdragon123

Edward listened to them banter on about trying to heat up and melt the plexiglass. You're a good girl Sandy, but it's not going to work. At least she seemed to know the properties of it, but the methods were pure whimsy. "There is no possible way that all of us with how small we are could make enough heat to melt this plexiglass. We would need over 300 degrees fahrenheit. Besides, we're not even in the same cell." Siku brought up a much better point. Edward maintained that they were somewhere near the town he was from since the anesthesia didn't last nearly long enough for him to be flown to another country. Besides, it would be impractical to bring in kids from all over the world. Were these kids from somewhere else? It would add a new level of complexity to this case. "Isn't everyone here from (America, the UK?)"

Siku gave a nervous laugh. "Me? American? I'm Kenyan. Just because I'm white doesn't mean I'm restricted to Europe or America. Ekundu's half native." His heart was accelerating. The severity of the situation was settling in. What if they were in the middle of the ocean, on an island where no one could find them? Or in a place where human rights were totally ignored?! He pulled his knees up to his chest, closing his eyes and trying to have a few deep breaths. "Easy Siku...." Ekundu reassured, helping his buddy calm down. Siku would be fine, he just needed a moment to regain his composure.

Tatsuke piped up, "I Japanese am. I live in Hiroshima... I visit America and Europe many times. But I was home when I was taken."

Vita soon realized people were talking in other cells. She didn't notice at first because she was so hungry. why wont this woman give us food she thought dragging herself over to the edge of her cell I'm Vita and I'm 12 years old. said Vita.

"Test subjects..." Harry murmured, eyes glazing hot for a moment before he swallowed his anger, and instead directed it towards curiosity. "Tested for what?" he wondered aloud. Consumer products? He put it past big companies to actually kidnap children and use them to experiment their products on, but no one else came to his mind who would kidnap and test children. He shook his head. This situation was crazy and feeling very unreal. He pinched his arm, hard. Ouch... he shook his arm and hand. Definitely real. Oh, he suddenly remembered that he was asked for age to join, and he might have asked what he was joining if it wasn't obvious to him. "I'm eleven." There was no way he was not joining a rebel group and try to escape. Alone, chances were slim, but together, they might be able to make a plan and overpower whoever had stolen them.

He didn't notice the others whispering to each other, given that his back was to the glass and he wasn't particularly listening for secret conversations. Instead he had closed his eyes again and started doing breathing exercises, deep breaths, in for five, hold, out again slowly, to try to calm down. Maybe then the knots in his chest would untangle and he would stop... stop being uncontrolled. Because if he was randomly wearing himself out, he wouldn't get out. Except soon he was distracted from his breathing by remembering the stupid packet on the floor, so he looked over at it, crouched down to reach for it, noticing the pencil, and then something someone said distracted him from the packet. Harry stood and looked over at the kids, wondering what they were talking about only having half-heard what Sandy had said. Edward soon cleared up the confusion about the previous conversation, though 300 degrees fahrenheit? How did these kids know this at the top of their heads? he wondered, as he was barely getting by in his own school classes and close to certain that pexiglass, which was the glass on car windows, was not covered in great depth at the public school he went to. The mature kid's next point brought up confusion though... at the assumption that everyone here was from the US or Great Britain, other kids started speaking up that they were not, in fact, from either of those countries. Harry raised his eyebrows. This... this was strange that they were all here. Kidnappers didn't usually didn't go around the world to kidnap their various victims, and in fact usually kidnapped only one child.

Also, there went his big evil US company theory. Not that it had had much merit in the first place, the poor theory, never had a chance, but he went to a blank, blank, blank at who could be the culprit of kidnapping all these children randomly... until a hazy memory of a red-haired albino on a news television came to mind. A crazy woman who had been arrested for testing on kids, something about neurology, and had escaped recently. She actually would fit the bill nicely. His eyes darkened as the quiet mystery of 'who did this' was solved in his mind, and he clenched his hands into fists. "I'm American," Harry answered a bit loudly, but he was busy trying to remember the name of the woman who was on television, or at least her profession. But in the meantime, he decided to inform the others of what he'd figured out, even if they possibly knew already. "It was the crazy lady who kidnapped us," Harry broke in without preamble, "The one who had tested kids. The red-haired albino." What did neurology have to do with her?

What was neurology, anyway? Study of nerves? Was she going to poke them with needles, then, like acupuncture? Or worse, dissect them to get nerve samples?

((Edward knows random facts *jazz hands* I'm sure we're all very knowledgeable children who happen to know about plexiglass.))

Edward was back to work immediately after another name was said. He also took the time to fill in the blanks with Harry. He looked over the rows and tried to figure out who Vita was. She was a girl by the voice aaand... Ah, way back there. He noted her name age and appearance on his master list as well. It was growing and he thanked his lucky stars once again that everyone was around the same age. All except Tatsuke.

Siku- 12 years- white skin and hair- Ekundo

Ekundo- 12 years- tan skin, dark hair- Siku

Tatsuke- 8 years- asian, brown hair-

Sandy- 12 years- average skin, brown hair-

Z- 12 years- average skin, dark brown hair-

Edward- 12 years- fair skin, black hair- leader

Harry- 11 years- dark skin, brown hair-

Vita- 12 years- average skin, blonde hair

He looked to Siku after he was done. Really, he wasn't trying to be racist or anything. He had simply drawn his conclusion because of how he thought Marley was operating. Obviously there was something else going on here, he was hooked up to a machine, or he still had some major drugs in his system. Oddly enough it didn't bother him very much. He didn't let it bother him. "Alright, so I've got everyone's name on here that wants to be, right?" He scanned the crowd for more children, but the ones he didn't have would probably be taking their time. "I vote that we're still in (America, the UK) at the moment since we're not rocking like we're on a boat." and a plane probably wouldn't be designed like this. Everything was too bulky. He listened vaguely as Harry connected the various dots. "Ummm... About the glass everyone, don't worry about it. Just try and see what code is being used when she goes out and we'll worry about escape if we're ever in the same room..."

" you're right, we won't have enough heat" Sandy sighed. Realizing Edward had asked where she was from she answered "I'm from the US, but Marley clearly isn't limiting her locations, we're definitely not all from the same area". ((Will Marley ever put them in the same room? To see how they react to each other and how their brainpower is different alone compared to in groups?))((also does Marley feed them?)) Edited by blazingdragon123

(We need our leader for things to pick up since no one can control Marley.)

((*steps out of the shadows* hehe, sorry I disappeared so long. I've been spriting for Project Fakemon, and it's eating up my time since mods need to be actively making sprites, not to mention that there are days where I sometimes don't even have time for that. Well, now I have come back, and I apologize for my infinite absence dry.gif I'll try to be more active))

Marley looked down at her papers. She was getting bored, so got up and decided to pick up the packets from earlier. She walked down the long hallway, picking them up from each cell.

As she came back she flipped through them. Only a few actually made sense, although she didn't really expect more. She went to the back and got out some raw ramen ((like last time)) and passed it around. Couldn't have them all starving.

((Short post, is so short...))

Sandy was cautious about eating the ramen. First she turned it over in her hands and examined it for a tracker, drugs, powder, poison, anything really. After examining it, dissecting it, and examining it more she proved it safe to eat. She slowly chewed each noodle individually in case of drugs or poison or whatnot in case she was wrong. Finally, an hour or two later, she finished eating a chunk of the ramen and felt a lot better and focused now that she wasn't starving. She saved the other three fourths for later.((Sorry for short post I'm kinda tired))

Edited by blazingdragon123

(Sorry for my low muse and short post, I'm rather tired and planning t go to sleep in a moment)

Arisa ignored the ramen. It could last a while, before anything went off, and she wasn't really hungry. She could wait a couple more hours to see if it had any 'side effects' on anyone before she even tasted it.

((I dunno. I made this RP back when I was relatively new, and now it's just kind of crumbling. I know it has it's fair share of fans, so I don't want to close it, but at the same time it's falling apart))

((xd.png Don't worry! Timeskips are exactly what they sound like; a small(or large) skipforward in time. So we could skip a few hours, or even days, until Marley has her first experiments.))

The Takeover

Alright guys, I'm taking over for the most part but Psycho's words are to be taken as seriously as my own. Look to the OOC for what you need to do before we continue and I'd appreciate it if we could go through and delete some of our pure OOC chat in this thread. Once I have things sorted out then we will either restart if you want since I've taken command or I will patch us into the next bit.

Discussion goes in the OOC

((Tell me if this is okay Psycho))

She had been putting this off for far too long. It had been several days and Marley now had more than enough children to perform her experiments on. Perhaps too many. Yes, she would have to perfect her techniques if anything were to be done properly and the surplus of young people couldn't miss a few of their members. She started paying more attention to the children, remembering to give them food and water at least twice a day. She compiled all the data about them that she could find, making lists of names for the ones who had labeled their brochures out of habit. However, most of the questions that had been answered had little snarky comments and pictures drawn on the sides, especially with that little boy in the black coat. He still hadn't noticed her throwing away that silly cross of his. Hmmm... She would save him for later.

Each night she pulled more and more children from their cells until a mere six remained. The first to go was a little girl with brown hair and blue eyes. Marley didn't know her name and never would have the chance to after that night. The girl died strapped down to a table barely an hour into the procedure. Still, the individual components were good... She preserved what individual parts of the body she could and basically just locked the rest of it into a freezer. After all, it would hardly do to have the police trace the remains back to her. Plus, she knew that Darren was lurking around and she didn't want to encounter him if she could help it.

The same happened to a little boy named Tatsuke. He couldn't be any older than preschool or first grade age. He was a bit harder to work through with all those human instincts screaming against it, but Marley had the courtesy to put him fully under. Surprisingly, he lasted longer than her first 'patient', but he too passed before the whole thing was done with. Marley didn't take anything from him. His body was too underdeveloped to have any uses really. Not that the instincts didn't play any part, but it was mostly just the uselessness.

This same thing happened to the friend of that albino boy, at least they seemed to be friends. And then she ended up using him as well. At least, to an extent. He survived the process but she wasn't sure that he would ever walk or do much of anything ever again. The probing seemed to be what really got to him, though she was relatively sure now that she had paralyzed him. It was a shame. He was interesting in his own way and really she might have done better taking another of the more mundane children. After all, he might have been good for the live testing.

It had been a little over a week and Marley came into the room where she kept all of the children. Each of the rows of cells was tucked into the wall with a barrier of sound proof plexiglass. On each of the sides were bars. Everyone in a row could talk to one-another. Not one of her most ingenious plans, but the children would be bothering her more if they couldn't talk to someone. It was early in the morning, about 5:30 and most of the children were asleep. That is, except for that boy in the black coat. He was sitting with his legs crossed, hunched over with his back facing towards her. She got the impression that he was writing, but how that was she wasn't sure.

Marley hadn't noticed that the boy in the black coat had kept the back of his questionnaire or what was left of his pencil. The room was in a state of twilight. The main lights were turned off but a few dim blue lights embedded in the walls gave off a faint ethereal light. Their purpose was mostly just so that she didn't trip when walking around in the dark, but it also allowed her to see the silhouettes of whatever was in the cells and provided a rather dark atmosphere. She retreated to go get breakfast for her captives and returned with a cart carrying breakfast and a smart rap on each of the cell doors.

Edited by ArchiosLukos