Psycho Cat

Trapped ◊ Accepting!

Intro

You crawl into bed after a long day. Your parents come in and kiss you goodnight, completely oblivious to the fact that you may never see them again...

Your day had been relatively normal. Nothing truly exciting had happened. But somehow, you find yourself enveloped by an uncomfortable darkness. Are you dead? No, that couldn't be, you were alive just a second ago. You try to wrap your head around the problem before you're abruptly awoken.

You gather that you were dropped. There's a cold, hard surface below you. That erases the possibility that you're back in your bed. As you take in your surroundings, you decide that you're in a cage. On your sides, there are sixteen metal bars in total, with eight on each side. In front, there's a large door made of glass. You try to break it, but all you get is a swollen foot. Not even the tiniest crack had formed... "It must be plexiglass." you think. You could throw a brick at it and it wouldn't break. As you look up the hall that your cage seems to be in, you realize that this looks a lot like a lab. At the end of the hall, a lone scientist sits at a desk. She had bright red hair, no doubt died that color. Upon closer inspection, you notice that she might be an albino. Albino. Why are you put at edge by that word? Then you remember; you had seen on the news that a rogue scientist had been found guilty of kidnapping. The one at the end of the hall seemed to fit the bill perfectly... There's no question about it.

You've been Trapped.

The derp of the RP
  • "Trapped" is an RPG based on a fan-fic I've had sitting around for awhile now on another site. After deciding nobody cared about it anymore, I deleted it and put it into the form of an RPG here, on the DC forums. You can also find it on
Archan Island. So basically, you've been kidnapped, and you need to find a way out. After all, it's not everyone's dream to be tested on like a lab-rat! Similar to another RPG, called "A Prison for Hatchlings" you can escape the lab, but only I can choose if you are free or not. Remember, even if you get out of your cage, and through the main door (which is electronically locked with a nine number code) you're only 12, and Marley is around 35, so the chances getting out are fairly slim. Once enough people escape, I plan on making a sequel, so you don't get bored, as this is one of the few RPGs that has an ending. Marley, as read, is a neurologist. If you don't know what a neurologist is, click here.

As such, she is ridiculously smart. However, she is also very rude and snappish, as well as egocentric, with most of her studies revolving around making herself better in any way. She is very heavily based on the Pokemon character Mars.

Rules
  • No cussing (you're kids!)
  • No godmodding (you're still kids)
  • No power playing
  • Limit of three five characters (to prevent hugeness)
  • Please PM me for characters
  • To prove you read the rules, put "pretteh" in the derp section
  • Don't control others
  • No Mary-Sues or Gary-Stus
  • Try to be active. If you don't post for a week without explanation, you will be labeled "inactive", and will be PMed. If you are labeled inactive again, you will be greylisted.
  • Be polite
  • You CANNOT be Marley! That's my job, which means she is not an NPC, so you cannot control her!
  • Once you escape, you can no longer use that character. If you have any other players, you can use those. That or you can make a new player. But keep in mind, you can only make so many.
Registering
  • Like the rules say, you cannot have over five characters. Once you beat Trapped, you may either continue with another owned player, or PM me for a new one. While you can have up to five players, only three are playable at once. But be warned, once you finish Trapped with three, Marley will kill off your other players, so in the sequel you won't accidentally have too many players (and don't worry, I keep the deaths PG13) You can also PM me to have any of your other players killed if you don't want a certain player anymore, or if you just plain don't want to be in Trapped anymore and don't have the time escape. It is also possible to die upon escaping, so you can finish Trapped without being in the sequel. To prove you read Registering, put "kitteh" in the derp section. With all that yammering out of the way, I just have one last thing to say: if you have successfully registered, there will be a small cut-scene when you are kidnapped, during which I will have full control of your character. Until this is posted, you cannot do anything. I also have control of your player during kill scenes.
Character Sheet
  • Username:

Name:

Ethnicity:

History:

Appearance:

Personality:

Derp:

Don't forget the OoC! Edited by Psycho Cat

This post is reserved for updates

To do:

• Nothing, at the time
Major updates:
  • The Beginning

Info - Me posting the RPG and spell checking enough to deem it worthy of major update status.

• Approved

Info - The RPG being moved to the Other Role Play section

• A New Beginning (Hahahaha. Haha. Ha. I made a joke)

Info - The Old Lab intro being updated to the New Lab intro

Greylist:
  • Nonr. Yay!
Blacklist:

None. Yay!

Killed:

None

Escaped:

NarvixLucasAnthonyMonicaPlayers deemed "inactive"

None

Some banners would be nice, too. happy.gif

Edited by Psycho Cat

((Oh dear god thank you. I'm doing these in alphabetical order, not order of importance. I'm doing it this way so that I can take small breaks between walls of text, and I will come back and edit this. Nobody left behind!))

Day 1 - Edward Vermont

Marley woke up to her alarm blaring. She was planning on sleeping in, but had forgotten that today was the day she was going out. As she looked up at her clock, it was verified that it was indeed 10 AM. So, getting up and slipping on her grey coat, she took out her GPS and entered the elevator, taking the two hour walk through the forest.

She stood at the treeline, knowing that there was no room for error. She'd have to do this quickly, and perfectly. It was rush hour, the best time for doing this during the day. As she scanned the crowd, she noticed one particular child was sitting on a bench, doing his best to ignore the swarms of people around him. As she walked over to him, she sat down and slowly pulled out an anesthesia needle, pricking him in the arm before quickly putting it back in her pocket. She picked him up like he was her own kid and had simply fallen asleep as she walked back to base, putting his silver cross in her coat.

Day 2 - Vita Schmitt

As Marley typed some records on her computer, she looked down at the clock. It was getting pretty close to sunset, so she decided to get up and take the country road, as it was too long for her to take during the day. She packed her things and trekked through the seemingly endless forest.

The sun was almost down by the time Marley had gotten to a fit house. A girl with a scar running down her leg was poking at something in the grass. As she got up to go inside, Marley knocked her out the same way as before and brought her back.

Day 3 - Harris Smith ((Will post later))

Edited by Psycho Cat

ArchiosLukos' Character List and Rules of Operation

I have taken over this RP as host and as such am making my own first post about things.

----------

Rules

*No cussing

*No godmodding

*No power playing

*Limit of three characters

*Please PM me for characters

*To prove you read the rules, put "pretteh" in the derp section

*Don't control others

*No Mary-Sues or Gary-Stus

*Try to be active. If you don't post for a week without explanation, you will be labeled "inactive" and your character sheet crossed out.

*Be polite

*You CANNOT be Marley. I have taken over that responsibility and only Psycho and I can play her.

*Once your character escapes, you can no longer use that character. If you have any other characters then continue with them. You can only have three characters unless this ends and restarts.

*Personal note: I don't want to see a bunch of personal things in your sheets and they will be edited out since it's just kind of embarrassing to see that stuff.

----------

Character Sheet

Username:

Name:

Ethnicity:

History:

Appearance:

Personality:

Derp:

----------

Sheets:

ArchiosLukos:

Username: ArchiosLukos

Name: Edward Vermont

Ethnicity: English (Norman?)

History: Edward was in fact raised by a wealthy family as many people guess. His parents were strict about education and just about everything else, making him turn into a small professor. He was pounded into learning problem solving, the maths, sciences, and the arts. He was a very well behaved child, though this 'oppression' did and will most likely leave him prone to strong urges for rebellion and general absurdity.

Appearance:

*hair: Black, thick, curly

*eyes: Stormy blue

*skin: Pale

*height: 5'6"

*weight: 96 lbs

*build: lean

*clothes:

- A black overcoat

- White dress shirt

- Black slacks

- Silver cross

*overview

-Edward is freakishly tall for a boy of his age. His skin is pale white, though one wouldn't compare it quite to marble. However, that might someday come to pass as he ages. His black hair is soft and bound in a sheet of curls, falling past his ears and deeply into his forehead. His blue eyes sheen sadly, but with absolute intelligence. His face is usually set in a contemplating frown despite the fact that he is but 12 years old.

Personality:

* Edward is extremely mature for his age and extremely quiet. He will take charge if forced to and seems very sad on the outside, as if he is already resigned to his fate among the whirlpool of society. He also has a very rigid and stately air about him. This often gives the impression that he must be from a very intellectual family and most assume very rich as well. This is true. He is likely to either just relax when tragedy strikes or sit moodily and rack over his options persistently.

Derp: Codeword

Blazingdragon:

Username: blazingdragon123

Name: Sandy

Ethnicity: US

History: she has gone to school and never really had a friend, fire burned down her house several years ago and she is currently living in a rental home that is very creepy

Appearance:

*Caramel hair

*Bold blue eyes

*Tall (???)

*Smooth skin (white?)

*Wears a T-shirt and shorts or yoga pants

Personality:

*Intelligent

*Not very brave

*Quiet

*Enjoys reading

Derp: codeword

Emeelia:

Username: Emeelia

Name: Harris Aaron Jones, nicknamed Harry

Ethnicity: American with European and African roots

History: He has always liked school where he could be with his friends, and disliked school because of the annoying schoolwork. But this year he’s starting to have trouble with the other boys in class, and he’s having “incidents”, and is being labeled a “trouble child” by the school. Now his only refuges are his friends who go to another school this year and his family at the apartment who have troubles of their own. His family is lower middle class, bordering on poverty, which Harris knows clearly but is only starting to understand the implications. He spends a lot of time outside, walking in grass in the small lawn outside, or going to the playground to swing; he prefers those small spots of sanctitude in the midst of the city where he can meet new people and see lots of different things, and prefers it by far than watching over his baby sister and little brother; he loves them, but they can be really annoying.

Appearance: Harry has black skin, dark brown hair in short dreadlocks, and warm brown eyes. His lips are pronounced, his nose a ski slope, and his eyebrows serious and Vulcan-esk. His ears are large and close to his head, the round tips just below eyebrow level. His jaw sticks out. His legs are long, his arms gangly, and he is 4’ 8”. He is slightly underweight, and has dark circles under his eyes that are somewhat hard to spot because of his dark skin. Harry wears a loose too-big plain slate-blue T-shirt that his mother absolutely hates because she thinks it makes him look grungy and destitute, but that Harry likes because it’s comfy, faded blue jeans that rumple near the bottom, fit nicely, and are slightly scuffed, along with socks and ratty sneakers that his mom is in the process of trying to find a replacement for, though Harry doesn’t really care what they look like because they’re just clothes.

Personality: He takes everything really seriously and literally, and he has a nasty temper that he finds difficult to control. He also has a strong sense of justice, and really wants to be honorable, but when you’re a kid, that can be really hard. He genuinely tries to be kind and considerate, but has trouble considering others. Harry appreciates people with patience, probably because that is something that he lacks. His attention is easily distracted from one thing to another, and he’s also very curious.

Flamma:

Username: Flamma

Name: Vita Schmitt

Ethnicity: When Vita was a baby she lived in Poland. Her parents moved to America soon after she was born. And that is where she is now.

History: When Vita was younger, she was bullied but seemed to tolerate it more than other kids. When she was nine, she was in a horrific car wreck that should have killed her based on her injuries, but she survived only with a scar running down her leg.

Appearance: Vita has blue eyes and blonde hair and of course her scar.

Personality: Vita is a very lively girl that is always full of energy. She is actually stronger than she looks but is very emotionally fragile and is scared easily.

Username: Flamma

Name: Harris Smith

Ethnicity: German

History: Harris is from a very rich family. He was very popular his whole life and got everything he wanted. But... his parents taught him to be thankful for what he has and he's always been

Appearance: Harris is very tall and has brown hair and brown eyes

Personality: Harris is very kind and thoughtful but is also brave and curious

Narvix:

Username: Narvix

Name: Lucas Estandian

Ethnicity: Filipino

History: Pretty average history but Lucas and Anthony have pulled a few pranks and gotten into a bit of trouble playing the old twin trick.

Appearance: Lucas and Anthony but with slightly darker skin and black hair.

Personality: Lucas is generally louder than his twin brother and more outspoken, not caring if he's hurt someone's feelings by saying what came to his mind. He's constantly trying to get Anthony to help him in any prank he comes up with.

Name: Anthony Estandian

Ethnicity: Filipino

History: Similar to Lucas's past but Anthony got into an accident that left a permanent scar that runs jaggedly across his right shoulder.

Appearance: Lucas and Anthony but with slightly darker skin and black hair.

Personality: Anthony's the more careful of the pair, preferring to follow rules more often than break them. Still, he's up for an occasional prank so long as it's harmless.

Derp: Codeword. Anthony and Lucas are identical twins. Anthony is older by half an hour.

Name: Monica Diaz

Ethnicity: Mexican

History: Monica's family recently moved into the country, each getting their citizenship when she was about 10 years old. Her parents dominantly speak Spanish as they know little English so Monica had a bit of a hard time learning English for the past four years. She still has an accent but it's faint now and her English is better but she has trouble now and then.

Appearance: Monica with olive tan skin and her hair reaches just beneath her shoulder blades when down.

Personality: She's very quiet and shy, uncertain of how people will accept her. She's faced disapproving teachers, parents, and kids so it's made her wary of new people. Monica is uncomfortable speaking English so, if she can, she'll speak only Spanish.

Derp: Codeword. I'll put English translations for anything spoken in Spanish.

Zanzibar:

Username: Zanzibar79

Name: Zaila Rhodes

Ethnicity: Australian

History: Raised by a pretty ordinary family, her mother being a doctor and father being a science teacher. Nothing much to comment on.

Appearance: Arisa has dark, chocolate-brown hair that's cut to her shoulders in a raggedy kind of bob. She's lean and skinny, and slightly taller than most girls her age. Her eyes a dark brown with green and blue flecks.

Personality: Arisa is an interesting character, with an even more interesting personality. She plans on becoming a lawyer or psychiatrist when when she's older, and is already terrific at manipulating people, and has a way with words. She can seem cold and distant, but when she exposes her true self to people, you would see that she is actually quite sensitive, though she never shows it, and can be immensely kind and caring.

----------

Edward had been half dozing already when Marley approached. It was a beautiful day out and though the boy wasn't much for play, he still had a certain attraction to sunlight. He looked over instinctively when the needle poked him and quickly traced it up to the woman, but he was already fading by that point. he furrowed his brow at the sudden fogginess and intoxicatingly warm buzz coursing through his veins. Abduction. He was pitched into blackness as the scientist scooped him up. It hadn't taken long for the anesthesia to do its work on him, nor did it have any qualms with doing the same to anyone else put under its influence.

When the edges of consciousness prodded him, it was with a neg about how uncomfortable he felt. Everything was numb and burned. He couldn't tell whether or not he liked it. The spicy sensation intrigued him and he waited anxiously to feel it push up his neck into his head. Strange, that feeling. he would have to investigate later when he wasn't so darn uncomfortable. No, wait. Something... Something... He sat up quickly and fell back to the floor just as fast. There was a stronger feeling of numbness and inability to move. But the needle! His mind decided it would rather punish him for trying to stand than assist him.

Edward just lay there for a while with his eyes still closed. He had tried to open them briefly, but the bright lights bothered him. Instead, he tried to figure out where he was and why his muscles weren't working. It took him an entire fifteen minutes to even form the beginning of thoughts about anesthesia. By that time, the harshness of the floor had become a chore to work with. As the drugged stupor faded away, so did the warmth. He was still feeling incredibly weak and did his best to simply curl his legs up into his coat. Feeling suddenly rather hopeless he buried his face in the sturdy black fabric and convulsed with silent sobs.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Vita woke up on a cold hard floor. Slowly she stood up to face a glass wall. Vita decided to break out so she ran up to it and kicked it as hard as she could. This only left her with swollen toe. Ouch! she thought rubbing her foot. Where am I? she thought standing up again. Hello? Is anyone there she called out.

Edward's eyes flickered open at the sudden commotion. He sniffled and looked to the sides of his cell. There was a girl several cells away beating on the glass. He sat up weakly and evaluated himself. She was being quite a bit braver than him, though just slamming your fists into a wall probably wasn't going to help. There didn't appear to be any other children here. He took the time to actually examine his surroundings rather than cry into his coat. There were several rows of these cells, all identical. At the end of one of these halls was a workstation where a woman sat. She had long red hair and pale hands peeking out of a stark white lab coat. She was their captor. He looked back to the girl. "Shhh, you're probably going to irritate whoever that is." he racked his brain for who exactly this was. She looked familiar, from the news. A scientist... Obviously a criminal... She had done something before... Marley. Her name was Marley H Cypher, a neurologist. This was terrible. Both he and the girl were going to be used as her test subjects if she was doing the same thing as years ago, which she most certainly was. "Sit down." he hissed with sudden urgency. "Or you're going to be first." not implying he'd rather be in this girl's place.

Day 3 - Harris Smith

Marley heard an annoying banging, but tried to ignore it. Eventually, though, she got bored and walked over to the elevator. After entering the nine-number code, she began the tedious journey back to the city.

As she walked around for awhile, she noticed one child - of a higher class, assumingly - walking among the rest. He went down just like the others.

((Gah, this week and short posts, it's killing me! I'll be back, Shy, don't worry))

Vita heard a boy talk to her a few cells down. Doing what he told her to do, she asked him Do you know where we are? she ducked down even more when a woman she vaguely remembered from somewhere walked by. And I don't suppose you know she is. said Vita pointing at the woman.

He pressed up anxiously against the glass after Marley passed them. There was a security password on the door. Marley's body was blocking it from his view. He sat back on his haunches once she was out of sight, carried away by the elevator. He didn't know exactly where they were, but he knew who that woman was. She was the one who was going to kill them for science. That or some unspeakably cruel tests that would last for years and years until she was found or got bored of those she kidnapped. "That is Marley H Cypher, a previous genius in the field of neuroscience. She is a criminal and we are in her base, or lab." He wondered if he should try to console her. It would be the proper thing to do according to his parents. "...I'm sorry if she kills you." he added awkwardly.

That's where I recognized her from. The news! said Vita a few hours later, the scientist came back with another boy I wonder who he is? she said.

((sorry this one is a little short))

((OK, Shyrus, because of RL events, horrendous internet, and other things, I may not be able to write your scene. With that said, you may now RP normally with the others))

Harris woke up on a concrete floor. He was in some kind of cage made of glass. This obviously not real glass he thought running his hand down the wall and its pretty thick too standing up he saw another boy and another girl in different cages. Where am I he muttered looking around.

The very brief conversation between Vita and himself died after his condolence about their situation. He took the lapse to compose himself. He wouldn't cry again unless he was hit. He doubted that even he could last long under physical duress. He had his eyes trained on Marley as she came in, but his attentions quickly went to the unconscious boy in her arms. Oh so careful until she dumps them on the floor. And she still just left them all in their prisons while she went to that computer of hers. What was on there? Research, connections, A game of minesweeper, techniques for torture? He would be happy to give her some pointers if she would just get this over with. Edward didn't want to disturb the child who had just arrived. He would investigate when the anesthesia had properly worn off. "Could I get your names?" he asked

Vita looked up as the boy asked her a question. I'm Vita, she said who are you?

((sorry for shortness, I have to leave. Bye!))

Edited by Flamma

"I'm Edward J Vermont." he didn't expect her to know the name of the boy who just came in. Well, especially since she said that she didn't know who he was some time earlier. "What about you?" he asked the boy a few cells down. He seemed like a bright lad, well dressed too. Edward respected that. "What is your name?"

Harris looked up. What? Oh yeah... Ummm I'm Harris, Harris Smith. he said rubbing his neck Sooo, does anyone Know where we are? Harris said sheepishly trying to change the subject.

((OK guys, I've a bit busy lately, so for a short period of time I will no longer post kidnapping scenes for new players. Sorry guys wink.gif))

He was going to have to explain this to every person who was brought in, wasn't he? Well, no sense complaining about it now. "In cells, with a laughably cynical woman ready to do terrible terrible things to us." but otherwise, absolutely no idea what-so-ever. They could be in town, they could be several miles away from any sort of civilization. It was pure speculation at this point.

(Heya guys biggrin.gif ! I just joined. Call me Lucky.)

Tatsuke cradled himself in his confinement, rocking as calmly as he could as he held back big, fat, salty tears. After waking up after being snatched from his home in a cramped cell, what else would you expect a little eight year old to do? They hailed him as intelligent beyond his years, a real genius to one day take over his family company, but they didn't have 'how to get out of a plexiglass cell' as a side course in Kindergarden. Heck, Stranger Danger wasn't even covered that thoroughly. But he just wanted to go home. He began to think to himself... maybe he did something bad, and now he was being punished? Outside the cell he heard young voices. Maybe this was that place bad children were sent to. The thought just caused him to curl up harder and begin to sob a little.

~~

But there were children who acted otherwise.

Almost the minute Siku came to, he had been examining his cell frantically. Unlike others, the environment in which he'd grown up in wasn't as secure as any child would have hoped. Kenya wasn't a first world country, and even if he had been born there he wasn't a native. White skin and platinum blonde hair were some of the most desired characteristics in hostages, or people sold in human trafficking. Add blue eyes and it was just a matter of time and place. He'd been waiting his whole life for this moment to happen so he could get it over with... now that it was happening, he didn't feel so big and tough any more.

He had examined the plexiglass, the size of the cell, and how neatly everything was screwed in. It wouldn't help him at all because he was no expert on room design, or escaping for that matter, but it felt like the right thing to do. What else could he do? Only one other thing, which was what he was currently participating in; worrying about his best friend. What if Ekundu had gotten in the way during the skirmish and they decided he wasn't worth the effort? Siku's heart sped up. What if he had caused the death of his best friend? The very thought was making him even more upset than being kidnapped could cause.

When he heard other children talking, he used it as an anchor to reality. He couldn't worry about Ekundu right now; whatever the case, he wasn't here and Siku couldn't help him. He decided to try and think that he'd been knocked out or done the smart thing and ran to get help. Both were very unlikely because Ekundu was one of the most rash and daring people he could even dream of, but clinging to that slight chance was better than berating himself for something he wasn't even fully sure had happened. "I was hoping you would know." He called to the person who had just spoken. He quickly took note that no one here sounded the least bit Kenyan. Not British or Dutch either. "Perhaps this is a base for buying and selling kids? Like human trafficking? That girl could be a ringmaster or a grunt." When Siku spoke, it was an odd mixture of an African accent, a Dutch accent and a British accent, prominently African. However, he did speak fluent English and had never learned a second language, despite his name.

Siku got focused quickly, no time for messing around. The best thing to do would be to get as much information as possible. Where was everyone from? What did they do before hand? Who were they related to? The best way out would be to cooperate, much as he didn't play well with others. He also wanted to do this before anyone happened to walk by, be it a guard or a trafficker or what have you. He also took a quick second to look for security cameras. Siku wasn't going to mess around.

~

As for Ekundu, Siku didn't have to worry about him... well, as much as you don't worry about a boy who's been kidnapped with you. He was still knocked out in the cell beside his, sleeping like a lion with a hangover. Any minute now he would snore and alert the whole world to his presence.

Edited by Luckyclaw

((Introducing my character Sandy- who was approved))

Where am I? Thought Sandy groggily as she looked around. This was DEFINITLY not her rental house's bedroom. "I knew that house was odd the moment I saw it" she murmured, wishing her house hadn't burned down. She pushed away the thoughts and took in her surroundings. She was in a cage with thick plexiglass walls that wouldn't budge. She fought like a cornered animal against the cage, and with a final scream of outrage slumped down in defeat. There were other cages around her's, containing humans and the occasional wounded child dying on their cell's floor. Panic fluttered in her heart like a caged bird. She punched the glass again. "It's no use" murmured a voice from the shadows. She looked at the speaker. It was a young boy, much younger than her age of 12, who was covered with marks on his fists from attempts at breaking the glass of his cell himself. Sandy just gave a slight nod. "If I'm going to be stranded in a cage forever I would at least want my books" she sighed. Suddenly the dark room was illuminated by the far door opening. The light was blinding. Sandy shielded herself from the rays with her forearm. Her cage rattled as a tall person wearing a long white coat ((a minion of Marley))walked past it- kicking it in the process. Sandy wanted to shout for the person to watch were they were going, but swallowed the comment out of terror. A toddler in a cage near hers was opened and the child was carried into the light. Sandy felt tired and tried to sleep, but the child in the cage that had been carried away was shrieking like a banshee outside the door. Sandy shuddered, it was horrifying. She hoped rescue would come before she was tortured too. Closing her eyes, she heard a bloodcurdling screech from the other room, then silence. The child in the other room was dead. Sandy was shivering in fear as she settled into a slumber, hoping it was all just a bad dream...

Edited by blazingdragon123

((Is it all a bad dream? Caaaaat? Are there monsters, and toddlers? Also, is the age limit now raised? And who said that it was no use? And-and... Do we or do we not get to control Marley? I am so confused right now.))

Edward looked over at the continuous stream of children being brought in. How many subject did she think that she needed? He almost felt protective of their small gathering. All of them were asking questions and being loud as well as obnoxious, as children will do. He pouted. "Will everyone just sit down?" he asked, wanting to get this over with. The rows and rows of cells weren't just for show. He presumed that Marley was probably going to fill all of them with screaming brats. Edward, being a child raised alone and with the expectation of absolute silence, didn't know if he could handle it. He would continue to explain this. "We're in a holding room to wait before we die." he said coldly. Perhaps the atmosphere was getting to him rather quickly. "This isn't where children are brought to be sold" wouldn't it be a lifesaver if it was. "It's where they're kidnapped so that they can be tested on and killed." He put his fingers on his temples and rubbed in calming circles, rocking himself slightly. At least the whole banging on the cell act had stopped... How was he going to survive this? Why didn't that lady just get this over with and end him?

Sandy woke to the hard floor. It wasn't a dream... She thought, mortified. "Pssst...hey you!" Sandy called to the children in the cells/cages near her's. "is that the woman from the news?" Sandy whispered, pointing to Marley. Seeing as the kids were still asleep Sandy sighed and flipped her tangled carmel brown hair with a faraway look in her gray eyes. "I'll ask them later" she said to herself. Attempting to scale the glass and unscrew the bolts holding it together was challenging, and no sooner had she reached a bolt had she slid down again. Sighing ((Sandy, like me, sighs a lot. She also looks like me)), she slumped to the floor and began to draw pictures with moisture on the glass to occupy her time before the other children woke. It was hard to keep calm as she drew a picture of her pet kitten Leo ((I actually have a kitten named Leo)). She burst into tears as she though about how high the probability was that she'd never see his fluffy face again. Or the rest of my family, she thought grimly, I'll probably never see them either. What made parting from her town a tad easier was the fact that she had no friends because she'd rather be outside daydreaming, listing to music, or reading a book than playing with other children. She still felt lonely, and the sense of looming death hung over her like a tapestry. This place was horrible, she had to escape with the help of the other children. Maybe, just maybe, she thought, we could hatch a plan to escape from this death pit and stop Marley once and for all. The chances of that seemed a bit slim though...

Half an hour later Sandy looked up from her artwork on the glass. Kids were awake now, screaming and being obnoxious. She hated it. Straight across the room there was a cell with a boy who sat rubbing his temples. Good, Sandy thought, apparently he knows what kind of place this is, finally there is another SANE person. "Hey you!" Sandy called quietly to the boy "what's your name?" She wanted to talk with someone who was sane, but didn't really expect him to hear her over the hum of other voices.

Arisa woke slowly, aware of much noise beyond her, slightly muffled, as if they were in a different room. Keeping herself still, and her eyes closed, the twelve-year-old tried to figure out where she was. This certainly wasn't her room, with her heavy quilts and the warm weight of her cat, Martia, annoyingly, but comfortingly on her feet. The snores of her sister across from her. Maybe sounds from whatever videogame her younger brother was playing currently,

No, wherever she was, the floor was hard and cold, and there was a strange scent in the air. So where was she? And how did she get here? Listening to some of the voices around her, she heard a boy call out tiredly that this wasn't a slave market, but a place where kids were brought to be tested on. He sounded worn and cold, like he'd been here a while, and the noise was annoying him. He also sounded sensible. Good, then at least someone wasn't freaking out.

Well, she wasn't going to let them test on her, that was certain. She'd rather die. Though, she'd prefer that didn't happen, she didn't want her life to end just yet. After all, she wasn't a guinea pig. She was a human being, and she hadn't given her permission for this. and her parents certainly wouldn't have.Hmm, maybe she'd wait a little longer before announcing herself. See what else she learnt.

Edited by Zanzibar79

Sandy was very bored as she tried not to think about all the chatter and her death. She lay, staring at the blank ceiling. She waited, and waited. Suddenly a person walked in and set a girl in the cell to the right of hers. The girl in the cell seemed strangely calm for a new arrival, not trying futily to escape or screaming. Then Sandy realized it, this girl was really smart, she was gathering information from the children's chatter. Sandy slunk over to the right side of her cage and looked through the metal bars. "Hello" she whispered "I'm Sandy, what's your name? And how did you get here?"

((Wow, I'm posting in my own RP? It must be a Christmas miracle! Anywho, I sincerely apologize for the OoCs glitch. I'll need to fix that sooner or later, but not right now))

Marley looked up at the ceiling listlessly. She played around with the silver cross for awhile before throwing it in the trash. Finally, she got together some papers from her desk and some pencils an passed them around. They were questionnaires, used to sort the children out.

((Is it very evident that I haven't been part of a RP since my last post in Trapped?))