Fortune86

CLOSED

Zygard chuckled as the girl Andromeda boiled in her anger.

"Oh yes, I have choices" he said. "I chose to embrace what I am, a creature of terror and death. Like you I place my own existence over that of others. And yes, it was highly entertaining to watch you slaughter the others."

He took a few steps forward until he was only a few feet from Andromeda.

"I notice that you did not answer my question properly. No matter, I suppose I was expecting too much of you. Of course you would cling to the idea that deep down you are a 'good' person, and that every life you took was the fault of another. Such silly beliefs are what helps humans stay sane. If only they good see themselves for the monsters they truely are."

"Now the time for talking has passed, I grow weary of your uninspired taunts and I will have to discipline my son. He also holds onto dangerous ideas. I will have to strip him of them. Since you refuse to accpt that you are responsible for every life you took, I will do you a favour and take the choices from you. Even if you will not serve me willingly, there are other ways to force your co-operation."

His eyes flashed for the briefest of moments and he stepped back, gesturing to Kanya.

"Kill her."

((Zygard has pulled his mind control stunt on Andromeda. If you are not still okay with that Rarek, I'll amend.))

Edited by Fortune86

((Nope, good by me))

Zygard came close enough to Andromeda that she probably could've taken the opportunity to land a hit while he was talking. Still, she stood there, listening to the ramblings of an insane man, and that cost her dearly. She started to realize the conversation was moving towards an end, and she started to move towards him in an attempt to strike first. But it was all too easy for the vampire as with one flash of his eyes.

Andromeda fell to her knees instantly, clutching at her head and making choked whimpering sounds as she shook violently, fighting in vain against the vampire's practiced mind. It only took a few seconds for the shaking to stop as she slowly rose back to her feet. Then, she turned to face Kanya. Her only warning would've been Andromeda's eyes blazing to life as her powers activated, for a few seconds later she let loose a stream of lightning barreling towards the young girl. Her face appeared to show the same rage she had displayed for Zygard.

With a dark laugh the vampire retreated out of Andromeda's way. It didn't matter if she succeeded in killing Kanya or noth, he would kill them both anyway. However, why should he let the entertainment end early? This was far more amusing than simply crushing both their skulls.

As Andromeda attacked with a blast of energy Zygard wondered just how long the fight would last. Would Kanya be able to defend herself in time or would she falter and die?

Kanya felt unsure of the current conversation. What did she know anyway?! She had hardly been out in the real world and she didn’t know things were so different out there. All she knew was she wanted to be free but she wanted to stop the vampire as well.

She was brought out of her thoughts when she saw Andromeda turning towards her. Her expression was filled with complete anger.

“What’s wrong?!” she spoke but as the words came out Andromeda launched her attack. Out of instinct Kayna lifted her arms to protect herself but the attack bounced upwards towards the ceiling. Kayna had forgotten that she placed a barrier around herself when they entered the room. Rubble fell from the sky where the energy strike hit only to bounce off the young girls barrier and on to the ground.

“Andromeda, what are you doing?!” she called out slowly lowering her arms to look at the woman.

((OOoops. I totally though Kanya had lowered her barrier before following the red light.))

Kanya managed to deflect the attack with her own power, but she seemed confused as to why her 'friend' was attacking her. Zygard moved back to his chair in the centre of the room and sat down again. Should he spell it out for the girl? Or let it figure it out on her own? What would be the more entertaining course of action?

Andromeda didn't even hesitate. She immediately fired again, but this time learning from her last mistake. The strike was far weaker this time, and instead of bouncing off, it clung to the barrier in a mass of sparks. She spread her hands so that two distinct streams burned away on Kanya's barrier, waiting for her to falter in the slightest. Her burning eyes were fixed on Kanya with a gaze of pure determination and anger. Poor Andromeda had no idea what she was doing thanks to Zygard's mental grasp.

Kanya clenched her teeth as she covered her eyes from the sparks that surrounded her barrier but she knew she would be safe from this attack. The barrier was quite strong weak attacks like this barely did anything to her.

“Andromeda! What are you doing?! Have you lost?!” Kanya pleaded once more but it was clear that the woman before her wasn’t going to let Kanya leave this place alive. “I don’t want to hurt you, so please stop it.”

Kanya hopped that Andromeda would come to her senses but nothing changed. So they young girl expanded her barrier. It grew larger and larger like a big bubble. It drew closer and closer to Andromeda to a point that it was just right in front of the woman. “If you don’t stop I will just pin you to the wall.” Kanya spoke as she mentally expanded her barrier a little bit just to push Andromeda a few steps back and showing her that she would do it if she had to.

Andromeda's attacks didn't seem to do much, and she seemed to recognize this. Or at least, her altered mind controlled thought processes realized this. Her powers and eyes dimmed down as she carefully analysed the situation, seeing that the barrier seemed to be a spherical shape. She started to ponder if she'd ever done more than a half bubble. Immediately, she powered up all over again and thrust a huge thrust of electricity straight into the ground, digging up a large hole in the ground, getting underneath the hemisphere of her barrier, forcing her to make even more of it to protect herself.

Kanya’s eyes followed Andromeda’s movement clearly knowing what she was trying to do but the young girls barrier still didn’t lose any of its strength. Instead the ground she stood on was still intact but the earth around her barrier broke loose causing her to stand on somewhat of an island.

Kanya had finally come to a conclusion that Andromeda might be controlled by Zygard but she had no idea how his controlling worked. All the young girl knew was that she had to take the chance while everyone was distracted. As she watched Andromeda finishing her attack and the earth beneath her became wobbly Kanya did the crazy thing and lowered her barrier. The ground in her barrier fell into the hole that Andromeda has caused but this wasn’t her real plan her real plan started the second her barrier went down.

Far in the back of the room two figures suddenly appeared slowly stalking their pray in the centre of the room. Kanya kept her eyes rather on Andromeda not wanting to fall for a surprise attack but she had to hope her time would be enough.

The stalking creatures drew closer and closer nearly upon their prey. Kanya could see that Andromeda was reading for another attack but just before the glow in her eyes died down. It was at that moment that the white hound had pierced his fangs in Zygard’s arms and pulled him out of his chair, shaking him left and right followed by white flames that was starting to engulf the vampire’s arm. The black hound had quickly made his way to Kanya’s side growling at Andromeda.

“It worked! Andromeda we have to get him now.” Kanya spoke as she hurried towards the woman.

((Rarek Andromeda has gained control of herself again. Just so by the way. Fortune I hope this post is okay for you.))

The attack from the hound of white fire was unexpected, the wretched creature even managed to pull him from his chair!

Zygard roared, more in anger than pain, and grabbed the hound by the scruff with his free hand and yanked it off, tearing a small chunk of his own arm away in the procress. He threw the creature away from him, to the far end of the room.

He looked down at his hand and arm. Normally he healed quite quickly, but the burns remained. Holy fire.

"Clever girl. You figured out a weakness of mine."

He chuckled, but it contained no humour. He turned to look at both girls.

"It seems that play time is now over. Now you die."

In the mere blink of an eye Zygard was in front of Kanya. He grabbed the black hound with both hands and effortlessly tore it two. As it fell apart in his hands he turned his attention to Kanya herself. He didn't want to go near the white hound again, but he could kill it by killing her.

((I hope you don't mind me taking the black hound out of the fight Spirit. It wouldn't have been able to hurt Zygard anyway (or worse, have made him a bit stronger) and I needed a way to show off his speed.))

The white hound flew through the air landing perfectly on his feet. It growled at the vampire knowing he had left his mark on him. Kanya was rather surprised that her plan had worked but she was more surprised to see the black hound being killed so easily.

“Dammit.” She whispered under her breath. This was a bit of a problem but things could still turn their way. With still thinking the vampire stood before her in an instant. He was fast. Too fast. That was a problem she could solve. She gave the vampire an angry look and before she knew it a will to fight ran through her veins.

Instantly white flames erupted beneath Zygards legs engulfing his lower body giving Kanya a chance to move away from the man.

Zygard had intended to crush the girl's skull in one easy movement, but the white flames that erupted around him hindered his plan. The fire licked at his legs and lower body, forcing him to retreat from their holy power. The girl herself was moving away in an attempt to get to safey, but she was just within reach.

Zygard swung out with his hand. Even if his blow didn't kill her outright he could still knock her across the room.

Andromeda dropped to the ground like a sack of bricks the instant Zygard's powers let her go. She let out a soft groan, rubbing her head and wincing. She laid there for a good while, then sat up and looked groggily around before noticing Kanya and Zygard locked in combat. She watched as Kanya used her white magic to drive back the vampire and she smiled. She was doing well.

She had to react quickly however as Zygard took a swipe at Kanya's head. Without a second to waste, Andromeda's eyes were alight, a bolt of electricity streaming from her hand. The bolt fashioned itself into an electric coating with a crack of thunder, encasing Zygard's fist in it as she yanked it away. Hopefully, it would be enough to knock the vampire off balance.

Electricity, though painful, wasn't enough to serious harm the elder vampire. Andromeda's trick was more annoying than anything else. Even though she was able to wrap his arm in a binding of energy, she wasn't strong enough to pull him back. Instead Zygard used the chain of electricity to tug the girl towards him and within his reach. He reached out to grab her with his other hand, planning to slam her body hard into the ground at his feet.

((Don't let Zygard get a hold of either girl. He is strong enough to kill them instantly and fast enough to do so before being stopped. Unless you want your character killed of course, then feel free to let him do so.))

Kanya covered her head with her arms waiting for the vampire’s blow but nothing happened. Instead she heard the familiar crackle of one of Andromeda’s attacks. Quickly the girl looked up from her sheltering arms but what she saw quickly faded her excitement away. Zygard’s arm was stretched out ready to grab Andromeda but the poor woman was defenceless in her current position.

“Get him!” Kanya shouted drawing back Zygard’s attention to her. In that brief moment jaws of white flames sunk into the vampire’s shoulder. The white hound dragged Zygard a few feet away, away from the two girls giving them a second to pose themselves for the next attack.

With the hound of holy fire biting deep into his shoulder the vampire had no option but to momentarily forget about the two girls. The pain was excuciating, but Zygard's anger managed to strike through it. Roaring he grabbed the wretched creature and despite his burning hands managed to repeat the fate of its brother, tearing the hound apart.

His hands and shoulder were smouldering, like a lit cigeratte, but he turned back to his main targets. As Kanya was the greater threat of the two she should die first. He lunged towards her, not as quickly as normal due to his injured legs, but fast enough close the gap quickly.

Andromeda couldn't let the grappled electricity die fast enough as she was pulled towards Zygard. She expected him to be able to grab onto her, but was surprised to see Kanya's hound, yet again saving the day. She let out a momentary sigh of relief as she got her footing.

Before she knew it, the vampire was rushing at Kanya and it was her turn to save the day once more. Her eyes lit up brightly, and she thrust her arms forward with a huge shout in effort. Enormous streams of electricity shot forth from her hands, coming together in a huge thunderclap, producing her familiar falcon, the very same she had created the first day in the arena.

The initial thrust allowed the falcon to continue at the same speed even as its body was formed. By the time it was finished, its talons had opened and caught Zygard by the shoulders and was driving him backwards. Finally, with a final yell, Andromeda threw her falcon against the wall, Zygard along with it, and let the falcon disappear, forcing the disintegrating electrical remnants straight into the vampire's body instead of letting them fade into the surrounding air. Finally, she let the power subside, looking over at Kanya.

Are you alright? she asked telepathically. I'm very sorry for attacking you, I had no idea what I was doing. Even as she spoke to Kanya, she was readying herself for Zygard's imminent return strike.

The force of the vampire and energy construct hitting the wall caused the stone to crumble. As the bird vanished Zygard picked himself up, chunks of stonework cascading to the floor. With a roar he put his hands together to make a hammer and slammed them into the floor.

The force of the blow caused the whole room to shake, as though hit with an earthquake. The many candles strewn across the floor toppled over, the lights extinguishing in the fall. With the main light source of the room gone it was suddenly plunged into near darkness, save for a few spots of daylight coming through the broken wall.

Before either girl could recover or react Zygard was upon Kanya. He bore her to the floor in a cat-like pounce and pinned her arms down with enough force to crack bone.

"I'm going to enjoy this" he growled and used his free hand to grip her throat and squeezed.

I’m okay Andromeda, Kanya spoke back in thought, You couldn’t have helped it, it was his doing. Besides I have an idea how to kill him. You just need to hide or get awa...

Kanya pause in when the room shook and suddenly the flames of the candles went out. The young girl immediately started to panic and before she could jump in the action she was attacked.

Screaming at the sudden attack Kanya tried to get away but she could feel the cold hands of the vampire pushing down on her. Her body slightly started to crack causing intense pain which caused her to scream even louder than before.

As the vampire kept pressing down on Kanya’s throat the fear within her grew even greater. She was pinned and couldn’t break free. She had trouble breathing. Her body was going numb. The darkness around her was swallowing her and it was going to kill her. With the lack of oxygen her mind started playing tricks on her. She could see the monks in their dark robes closing in or her. Each with a knife in hand. Kanya tried to wiggle her way out but she was tied with rope. Her eyes grew bigger when she heard the monks speak “I'm going to enjoy this” over and over.

It was at that point the girl’s mind went blank and couldn’t feel as single emotion. All she could feel was warmth erupting from her body. The flames of Heaven had poured out of her body like a water out of a tap, healing the pain she had and engulfing everything around her. The white flames kept growing and growing, roaring a murderous cry, slowly filling the room destroying even rubble turned to ash. Anyone who dared to stay would die in mere seconds.

((Rarek you might want to get Andromeda out of there))

Zygard screamed as the pure white flames enveloped him and the girl below him. As the room filled with the brilliant burning light everything was lost to sensation. It seemed as though the world itself was alight.

Zygard threw himself away from the girl and staggered blindly, painfully across the floor. Reaching the remains of the wall he threw himself from the room and into the darkness of the shadows below.

A few minutes later, there was a loud banging on the heavy doors. Someone was trying to get in.

The chain of events that followed happened too quickly for Andromeda's comprehension. One minute Kanya was speaking to her through her mind, the next was Zygard choking her. Then came the flames and the fire, and she began to panic.

Kanya wasn't the only one who was able to make a barrier. What would have been a loud thunderclap normally was muffled by the roar of the advancing flames as an energy construct in the shape of a dome enveloped her. She watched slowly as the wall of fire came up and over her dome, until all she could see was fire. She looked around, eyes full of panic as though she were a little girl in the face of a monster. She began to breathe heavily with the exertion, forcing herself to pour more energy into the dome as the fire licked at it, stealing her energy from her.

The dome began to shrink around her as her energy faded, the smaller diameter being easier to sustain. Soon, it too was beginning to come down on her and starting to crush her into a smaller space. She began to shake and quiver, wondering if the firestorm would ever end. It would only take a few more seconds, and she too would succumb to Zygard's fate, and she sat there and prayed for any sort of miracle.

Kanya lay on her back looking up at the white flames which danced around her. Her bones were healed with little effort and even her sore throat from all the screaming was healed by the flames. The healing warmth made her sleepy, it made her wanting to drift away and forget everything that was happening.

But faith didn’t seem to agree with her just yet. Loud bangs brought her back to reality and it was then she noticed the vampire was gone. Surprised she sat up trying to look through the flames when it suddenly hit her. Andromeda was still in the room. With one swing of her arm the flames instantly disappeared and the girl quickly got to her feet.

“Andromeda! Where are you?! Are you okay?! Andromeda?” The young girl called out in worry.

The doors eventually fell open and Eli fell into the room, light from the corridor pouring in behind him. He couldn't see anything in the gloom, but he could hear Kanya calling out for Andromeda. That meant Kanya at least was still alive.

"Kanya?" he called out, blinking as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. "Andromeda? Are you okay?"

Eli limped a little further into the room. His leg was hurting and he had blood on his shirt and face. There were some bruises forming on his arms, but none of this concerned him right now. He was more worried about his friends, if they still thought of him that way.

He didn't get far into the room before someone followed him inside.

"I think we could all do with a little light" said the Sorceress.

She made a motion with her left hand and suddenly the room was illuminated. There was no light source that Eli could see, but the room was lit up nonetheless. He could see Kanya now, looking okay, and Andromeda, looking near the point of collaspe.

The sudden disappearance of the fire was as though a pressure was lifted from her dome. The exertion she had to put into the dome caused it to spread rapidly outward for a brief instant, its structure exponentially weakening as the dome exploded outwards. Finally, it dissipated and Andromeda fell backwards onto her back, staring blankly at the ceiling with her chest heaving as she gasped for air.

The slightly comical bit about it was that Andromeda was usually very fussy about her hair. For the duration of the time she'd spent in the arena and her cell, she'd made sure it was well kept in a relatively tidy fashion, but now it lay splayed loose across the floor. It took an attack on a vampire for her hair to come undone.

She became vaguely aware of the voices calling her name around her. She recognized them both, but was distressed to see three figures in the room.

"Eli...Kanya...the Sorceress behind...you..." She forced her words out as she struggled to catch her breath. She was in no condition to launch any sort of attack now.

Eli glanced back over his shoulder at the Sorceress but she was already gliding across the room towards the hole in the wall. He ignored her and ran to Andromeda's side.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" he asked kneeling down. "You don't need to worry now. No one else is going to try and hurt you. I promise."

The Sorceress stood on the edge of the stonework and peered down into the darkness. There wasn't really much point though. She knew there would be nothing down there.

"Well I suppose I should offer the two of you congratulations" she said turning to face Kanya and Andromeda. "No one has been able to defeat the master in over forty years now. We were staring to wonder if there was anyone left who could."