TwilightMoonDragon

...::: Dragon Sky :::... | Skyrim

Davex stared at Ambra as she ran off, slightly sighing. "Well, yeah, she is a bit shy but she's not just a 'mess fetcher'." He spoke to practically none and approached the remains of the dragon. They were barely touched but some parts were gone. His gaze turned left and right and Davex sighed - well, this was fun. Coming overf here to help for the dragon and being late... Extremely not funny. He suddenly heard some steps from his side. Turning his gaze, he saw Ambra and quickly walked over her. Davex stared at the bone for a second before he turned to Ambra. "Hah, funny... mess fetcher? Are you serious, Ambra?" The elf spoke to her with a laugh, then sighed to calm himself. "You have skills and yet you claim you just bring us food and alcohol when we need it." The man added before watching the bones. "So, who'd knew the little 'mess fetcher' was a Dragonborn? Don't try and say no now, a lot of people know the stories about them so you can't disagree." Davex spoke to her with a slight smile.

Ambra looked at Devex, and frowned. "I am nothing more than a maid in the Companions, Devex. It's... Just an illusion, aye? My father was a Companion, and when he died he sent me there. You remember, how Toar used to try and teach me and I would fail horribly. I'm just a good archer, that's all. Mother taught me how." she looked at the bone and put it in her bag and looked back up at Devex. "It will be better if we all leave and forgot about this."

Davex stared at her confused. It was strange of her to think she was just a basic and normal maid... was she not joking? "You have to be joking... just because your father sent you there doesn't mean you aren't a part of us... and you do have skill with the bow. Toar was my teacher too - just look at me, I'm one of the skillful people in the Companions. And now it's possible you have skills as a Dragonborn... and you STILL claim you're a maid?!" He said, extremely serious now. She was taking this too seriously. "Look, I don't think we should leave yet. We'll be summoned to some Jarl no doubt because of your abilities so the best w can do is wait." Davex spoke, slightly smiling. "Want a drink? On me?" He asked, slightly poining to the pub.

"Uh... no. Sorry, but you're my elder, and I think that you should take the bed. Besides, I've been sleeping on worse then wooden floors." Kaja said, glancing at him and fiddling with her hands. "Age before beauty after all." She smiled. Was he going to be mad? Probably, he wasn't that old after all. However, he was her senior, and woman or not, she wanted to be treated equal. She was used to floors and closets anyway. Her anxiety made her ears flatten, expecting yelling or something similar. Kaja even bit the inside of her cheek for confidence, trying to not run.

Davex wanted to drink with her. Ambra cast her blue eyes at him and frowned. ... Drink? She didn't drink... She had avoided any mead or ale in the great mead hall Jorrvaskr. But Davex was inviting her... And it was rude to turn down a guest. She couldn't even think straight anyway. "... Alright. Maybe I do need a drink..." she said, pulling off another bone and pulling it into her bag. "... I don't drink, by the way. Never did." she avoided his look.

Ri'Dato watched Kaja, his tail flicking in annoyance. Well... That was strange. "Fine." Ri'Dato said, twitching his tail some more. He got in bed and sighed.

[school.]

Jahk poured the ale out the window. He drank, but one was enough. In his line of work, and even with his own paranoia, one couldn't be tipsy or even buzzed. He set the cup on the table and looked up as Dezelda invited him along. "Sure." He said, pushing away from where he was leaning. He made no move to retrieve his armored cloak nor his other weapons. An axe and his wits bested anyone here in Whiterun. "Where are we going?"

"Well, first things first. I figure I'll pick up a few spells that'll come in handy. I know just the guy too." Dezelda said, walking quickly out to the main street. She naturally walked quickly but quietly towards the sides as it brought less attention. As she took off down the street at a brisk pace she glanced back. "Anywhere you want to go?"

Jags nodded as he followed. He shut and locked the door behind him. Flying down the stairs in his usual manner, he kept pace with the woman. Her steps were silent and his emitted sound, albeit little. He had the same instinct to stick to the sides of the streets. "Not really. But I heard there was a spell that summons a dagger to your hand. Could be handy." He liked his own knife, but one that he didn't have to worry about being caught by guards with? Sounded amazing.

Surprised by his reaction, Kaja opened her mouth once, then closed it. Well, she asked to sleep on the floor. She found a corner, and settled into it, curling up in it much a like a normal cat would, and smiling. She liked the quiet. Soon she was asleep and not even a spider would wake her until morning. It was nice, she thought, to sleep in a room. Normally she would have avoided it, as it would have left a trail. However, Ri'Dato knew what he was doing. He was great thief after all.

Dezelda nodded. "If anyone in Whiterun has a spell like that, it'll be this guy." She said, turning to the closed door they were now in front of. She rapped three times in quick succession, lightly at first then up to a normal knock. She could hear him stirring from within the house, so she waited patiently, taking a half-step back from the door. Soon a middle-aged Nord opened the door, clearly sleepy. "Hello Verano." She smiled lightly at him and he nodded slightly in recognition. "What can I get for you?" He asked, stepping aside to let them in. She quietly chanted the words for candlelight and soon had lit up the room as she heard the door close behind her and Jahk. She turned to Verano more comfortably now that she was less likely to be over-heard. "I have come here in the hopes that you have the three spells we talked about earlier." She said, watching him carefully.

~~~

Verano nodded confidently. "Of course I do. I wouldn't be a merchant if I couldn't do something so simple." He replied. "And how about your friend here? Are you interested in any specific spells?" He asked, looking at the young Nord. Well, younger anyway. *He must be a part of the Brotherhood, since Dezelda almost certainly is. Why else would the two of them know each other? Though, Dunmar women are known for their good looks, and Dezelda is no exception.* He thought very quickly, not wanting to miss a beat in this conversation.

Jahk looked the shop up and down, almost surprised by the Candlelight. He didn't see magic very often. It was rare that he was around mages. There were some in the brotherhood, but not many. "Yes, actually. Bound Dagger, I believe is the name. If I'm right it's conjuration. I hope you have it in stock?" He could sell his ebony dagger at full price and use the money to begin looking into buying a horse. Riding carriages around was a pain, they only went along the main routes and not to the smaller villages. He looked Verano up and down and wondered if he could haggle. Not sure, he hasn't heard him speak enough.

Davex grinned slighty to Ambra in return. "Fun, to think you were the almighty and great 'mess fetcher' of all times and yet to not even have tasted a tad or droplet of ale or mead. You still know you could get some fruit juice if they do make it there or just some water. Anyways, well, I'm drinking not for the Companions' Dragonborn, but for Ambra. Let's go." The elf spoke, feeling his ears slightly twitch as he saw some people walking out. They were drunk enough to practically fall to the ground. Sighing, he walked toward and into the pub, then approached the female bartender. He passed her some money. "One mug of mead, please."

Fruit juice sounded good... Maybe a fruit or two. Ambra followed Davex to the pub and looked up at him. "... I never drank because of these people who make fools of themselves." she said. "I'm afraid that I'll go and fight and say something I didn't mean." she walked after him and sat down next to him. She looked up at the bartender and slipped her some money. "And something non-alcoholic for me, please. Do you have anything but water?" soon, she had a glass of milk in front of her, and she looked down at the white substance. Well... That was good enough... She began to drink. "Do you really think the Jarls will come after me?"

After a short while, Davex's mug full of mead and Ambra's glass of... erm, milk, were there and they were sitting on those large chairs. He took a single mouthful and slowly swallowed it - he wasn't one of those guys that drank a mug so fast that even rivers were weak against them. After finished, he sighed in relief - mead was good if people made it good. Then, he turned around to look at Ambra and nodded slightly at them. "Well, to be exact, I'd not say they'll come for you. They will come to you and try and help you if you want to help them wiht the dragons, of course, but if a Jarl is agressive it might lead to... well, you being dragged away to your death or something like that. Not that I or any of the Companions would let that." Davex spoke to her, then drunk some more from the mead. "How's the milk? Not as enjoyable as the juice, maybe..." The elf added as he turned to Ambra.

"I hope that the Jarls don't hurt me." Ambra said. "Even if the Companions protect me." she looked down at her milk and shrugged. "And the milk is good... I guess. Dunno why they has me milk and not fruit juice."

(( Why does Ambra remind me a LOT of Umbra? ))

Davex smiled slightly. "Don't think that'll happen, actually. If they are not exactly friendly, you do know that at least I'll be trying to help you, right?" He spoke, taking another mouthful of mead and swallowing it faster this time. Wow. That almost made him choke up there. "I don't know exactly too... probably, though, they did not have fresh fruits and so they were trying to find you something that wasn't alcoholic. If it's good then, you shouldn't complain much." Davex spoke to Ambra, yawning slightly. He'd finished his mug now and passed it back straight to the woman, who immediately took it to herself to clean it up. They were very hygienic while working, after all. "So, now that it's possible you're a Dragonborn, what'll you do?" Davex added, slightly whispering 'dragonborn' so nobody knew that. He then handed some more gold to the bartendress so she kept his mouth shut.

Edited by SkullKrusher

[Who's Umbra?]

Ambra looked at Davex and frowned at hos question. Well... "... I don't know." she forced to meet his gaze. "... I just want to go back home and forget all of this. The stories aren't true- Alduin has not come back to end the world and so, I have nothing to do. I will simply go back to being the mess fetcher and that's all." she hoped that Davex would not yell and fuss. She was just a twenty year old woman, what could she do?

(( Charrie from Oblivion. She keeps some unique weapon, but otherwise she isn't so friendly. ))

Davex looked at Ambra with a serious look at first. He seemed ready to just stand up, slap her face and scream at her. But he stopped after some time and slightly smirked. "Still claiming you're the mess fetcher, eh?" He said after a few seconds of silence, then continued. "While the rumors about Alduin having returned may not be fully true, the dragons DO have returned. So that doesn't exactly mean you have 'nothing' to do. Besides, the sudden appearance of dragons makes it very likely that Alduin is back as well - remember the last Dovahkiin." He spoke, his ears moving about under his hair. "I want to go back home since I've been to the Companions or anything, but my home is far away. Morrowind... the travel itself is dangerous - I can try, but I will probably die." He said with a sad look on his face as his ears dropped low. "Ambra, look... it's like your duty to be a dragonborn. If it was possible, I'd take the power from you and walk off to save the world while you went home to rest... but it's sadly not possible. There is no way to extract the power from any dragonborn..." Davex spoke all of that with whispers.

[Never played Oblivion...

But Ambra is friendly. She's just shy. xd.png]

Ambra looked at Davex and sagged her shoulders. "... Fine. What does one do as Dragonborn? Slat dragons, that's all, right?"

[Dinner then homework.]

Verano looked at the young Nord carefully. "Not many people ask for that one. It doesn't work for most people, so I only have one in stock. You still interested in trying it out?" He asked, leaning against the wall. He actually had all three of Dezelda's spells in one of the box's he was ready to take earlier, along with the one the Nord was asking about because it was hard to come by and he hadn't wanted to track it down again.

~~~

Reaching into her pocket Dezelda felt the heavy coins that she had set aside for her final payment to Verano. Letting go of the coins she rested her elbows on the desk that was furthest from the entrance. She waited patiently for Jahk and Verano to make their deal, playing a bit with the lighting to make it brighter and dimmer as subtly as she could.

"It's a basic spell." Jahk said, having looked into it. "It can't be hard." He pulled out a coin purse and looked Verano in the eye. "One fifty." That was a bit low, and this man, if he was smart, would argue for two fifty. But you had to start somewhere. And yeah, not everyone could use magic, but what's the harm? He made more than that for a small contract. He'd made that price a few times over that month, not to mention one or two big hits. If he was lucky, he had an affinity to magicka. If not, he'd sell it to someone else. Little did he know, Dragonborns could use magic, as shouts were of a magical nature. But for now, Jahk had no idea.

Verano didn't blink at the low offer. "Two forty" He replied, offering a bit lower than he normally would. This guy seemed to know his numbers, he'd recognize a deal when he saw one. Verano mentally set his lowest price at 220. Sometimes he would hit that number, sometimes it stayed above. But once he made up his mind he never went lower.

[Night everyone. Last post here until tomorrow night]

Edited by Katedj

((Hello? *echo*))

"Two solid." Jahk countered. Alright, let the games begin, no? It all came down to how low the price would drop. That was the finish line. He wondered about the man's will, and how low he was going to drop.

Verano shook his head. "Two twenty, and that's the best deal you'll find anywhere near here. Maybe anywhere." He said, crossing his thick arms as he leaned back against the wall. "We have a deal?" He asked, wondering if the Nord would dare to try a lower offer again.

~~~

Dezelda could feel herself growing impatient, she wanted to have her times now. She'd been waiting long enough for them already. "Come on Jahk." She said from where she was admiring a display of knives. "You won't even notice 20 septims are missing" She added, knowing that was only partially true. She knew that she kept track of every septim dilligently, as many of the Brotherhood did. But when making was so simple...it was easy not to care how many you had right then.