TwilightMoonDragon

...::: Dragon Sky :::... | Skyrim

((Probably up to the Throat of the World to speak with the Greybeards, no?

Dezelda and Jahk should know each other, right?))

Jahk had been watching from the comfort of the tavern's roof. He hadn't the slightest intention to join the fight but he noticed a figure with similar intentions. Ah, yes, Dezelda. So she was here too, yes? Interesting. She seemed to hop down into the streets and move to the fight. Oddly enough, most of the fight seemed to be held up by Kahjit. They certainly were becoming more numerous. He slipped from the roof and sprinted to the combat. The dragon landed and he withdrew his axe, attempting to come up behind it. Eventually, after a bit of sneaking, he jumped onto the beats's back. He sand the sharpened edge of the weapon into it's lower neck and left it there to act as a handle so he wouldn't bucked. He knew spells were being flung at it, but a more direct approach should work better, he thought.

Dezelda smiled to herself when she noticed that Jahk was attacking. She had expected him to come in for a kill like this. She was fairly familiar with his fighting style, sometimes the Dark Brotherhood had match-ups between the members to keep everyone's skills up. She hadn't actually fought Jahk directly yet, but had observed. Dezelda was surprised at the level of confidence that he was showing in his attack on the dragon. Her hand clamped down firmly on her mace, she'd make sure that no one took out Jahk while trying to slay the dragon.

Kaja noticed the woman come and go, but she wondered that if she joined in, would be get the scales? It wouldn't be easy for her to grab them, but they were so shiny after all. Kaja moved down from the roof, and pulled her bow. The arrow was placed with expert care on the string, and waited, watching as the man was attempting to stab the dragon. It would work, if he doesn't get bucked off. Kaja took a breath, aiming to send an arrow into the beast's nose. Instead of hitting though, it merely bounced off the dragon and made it angry. Kaja's ears flattened as she realized that it might perceive her as another threat.

Adrisea took advantage of the dragon's distraction to lower the ward spell and slip away. She felt drained, but forced herself to climb atop a roof and load her bow once more. If she could land a few arrows, her Drainspell bow would replenish the magicka she needed.

Still crouching, she fired three arrows in rapid succession at the dragon's underbelly. One was aimed too high, and pinged harmlessly off it's scales. The other two landed in the area that was softer than scales, but too hard to penetrate deeply. Both arrowheads barely made it through the surface, but the Khajiit immediately felt her power returning. Smarter this time, she leapt a few rooftops over before preparing for another shot.

Ri'Dato blinked when Ambra said to attack its belly. "How the hell would you know?" Ri'Dato said, narrowing his yellow eyes. Ambra frowned at Ri'Dato and stared at him. What kind of angry Khajiit did she have here..? She strung her arrow and shot it at the dragon with expert precision, and shot it straight in the eye. It roared and fanned out its wings. The arrow had penetrated its skull and shot its brain, and thus, it was killed. Ambra walked up to it and prodded it as it began to disinergrate. What..? "What is it doing?" Ri'Dato said, angrily. Ambra looked up at him and suddenly felt a rush of energy. A wind like aura wooshed past her and flew around her, and she felt like she was on top of the world.

Jahk dug the axe in deeper, he pulled out the ebony dagger he carried and drove it into the dragon's neck. It roared in pain, he figured he struck the spinal cord. An arrow killed the dragon and he rode the neck down to the ground. He got off as a red haired woman approached. She seemed to absorb some essence from it but he felt a tug. Like the energy had thought about him a moment. He looked at those around and nodded. "Not bad, for commoners." He said in his dark voice. He sought out Dezelda and approached. "Good seeing someone else here." He said. He didn't know her well, but knew she wielded a mace and savagely. "Got somewhere to stay here? I got a room in the tavern if you don't."

Adrisea stood, looking at the female Nord. Not only had she been able to hit the dragon in the eye, the very spot she aimed for, but the dragon had disintegrated before her. This archer was a Dragonborn.

Replacing her glass arrow into its quiver, she climbed down from the roof. Adrisea didn't approach, as she wasn't sure if the dragon was truly dead or not. Her amber eyes studied the Nord harshly, unable to see anything special or different about her... other than the fact that she just absorbed a dragon's soul.

Edited by Moonbeam22

Kaja rushed to the bones, desperately trying to pull off a few scales, but they faded away. "Grah!" Her ears were tiled back in anger as she hissed at the vanishing scales. "What kind of trick is this?! All the beautiful scales! Wasted!" Kaja screamed, then, realizing that she had just witnessed a dragon vanish to nothing. "What just happened?" She asked, wondering why everything in the dragon vanished. She looked around, trying to understand. She heard a story about this stuff, but never had time to pay attention to that.

Ri'Dato felt like hitting Ambra. He raised a paw to hit her. That dragon probably had gold in it or something! His tail lashed once, twice. And he looked away. Then, some guards came over. "You... You must be Dragonborn!" they told Ambra.

"I'm not Dragonborn." Ambra said.

"You two are pathetic," Adrisea said angrily, speaking for the first time. "If all you cared about was gold or scales when people were just killed by this beast, then you don't deserve any benefit from being here." Turning to the Khajiit on the ground she continued, "And you! Watching us fight only to steal the prize afterwords like a vulture..."

She sighed, giving herself a moment to calm down before addressing Ambra, "That does not happen in ordinary dragon encounters. I believe they may be right, you could be a Dragonborn. And a damn good one at that. I have never seen such a true shot in my life." Adrisea allowed her tone to soften slightly as she spoke to her, showing her respect and impression.

Edited by Moonbeam22

((Last post for me until tomorrow night))

Dezelda waited a moment then looked over at Jahk. "A room would be nice." Lingering for a moment she took in the scene and what was being said before she took a step towards him. "Lead the way." The way the Khajiit was getting worked up over the loss of life and switching over to respect to the Dragonborn was interesting to Dezelda. Everyone except for the newest inductee's were hardened killers in the Brotherhood. Beholding commoner's grief piqued her curiosity, like she was looking for something she didn't have. She quickly took a grip on her thoughts however, and focused on her walk with Jahk. It didn't do to be distracted when around a killer.

Jahk passed by the group of bickering Kahjit and Nord and nodded to the one labeled 'DragonBorn'. He continued to walk to the tavern and up to the room, opening the door for Dezelda. "Crazy times we live in, huh?" He said, moving to the window he'd slid out earlier and locking it. "Dragons attacking, women absorbing souls, Kahjit working as a unit instead of alone. All very strange." He said. He moved to the closet and took his armored coat off, placing it inside. He turned to the woman and said. "You're plenty welcome to stay, but I'm going to investigate this DragonBorn stuff."

Adrisea was impressed. Ambra felt her cheeks flush. "No, I'm not Dragonborn. I'm just... A mess fetcher for the Companions, that's all."

"And do you have to be so rude?" Ri'Dato said to Adrisea. "Sheesh, can't get anyone off my back for once."

[Night.

"Yes, I'm being rude," Adrisea said in a harsh, sarcastic tone. The earlier warnings of tue fire meant nothing to her now and she slung her Drainspell bow around her shoulders. She eyed him for a moment before turning on heel and stalking away. The Khajiit did not stop until she reached her house.

Instead of entering her house, Adrisea decided to visit Dharak. The horse seemed unfazed by the earlier events, and allowed her to rub him down and refill his water trof without complaint. Sitting on the fence, she stared off into the town, letting the day's events play over in her mind.

[TMD, what's the journey you were talking about?]

As they walked into the tavern together Dezelda noticed a few suspicious shot her way. It had been a long night for her, for once she had reported what was going on with the dragon-sighting, the Brotherhood had decided that they would use dragons as a way to get more contracts. It was convenient for them that the dragon had attacked the town so soon, as now more people would be willing for an able group of killers to go after the beasts for a good price. Once they reached the room Jahk soon started a conversation as he went about the room. "Crazy times we live in, huh? Dragons attacking, women absorbing souls, Kahjit working as a unit instead of alone. All very strange. You're plenty welcome to stay, but I'm going to investigate this DragonBorn stuff." Dezelda walked to the edge of the bed and quietly took off her Dragonscale boots. "You going to try and kill more dragons? The Brotherhood will probably ask you since you handled yourself well with the first one." Dezelda asked, raising her red eyes to catch his reaction.

Jahk moved to the bedside table and slid in his dagger. A precaution for the coming night. "If I get paid, I'll kill it. I don't discriminate." He replied smoothly. "Septims are septims, and I'm all for getting more." He hung his bow and quiver on a chair and left his axe on his hip. "How about you? You didn't really do much. But scared if the dragon? Or did you not want to blow your cover for something?" It was entirely possible she had an open contract to settle that he wasn't privy to. Some brothers didn't speak about their workings, while others did. He was one who didn't openly but cared little about talking on the matter. He didn't have a rival, and while Dezelda might be interested in murdering him in his sleep, he didn't know, she could think the same of him. That alone would keep him safe if she stayed through the day and night. He eyed the Dark Eld wondering how her mind clicked.

Edited by Dusset

Verano stayed within the door-frame, ready to fight or flee as necessary. The booth to the outside had been severely burned by the dragon. He leaned against one side of the door-frame so that he was facing the noise of battle. It wasn't long before it suddenly became quiet, and he assumed the dragon died. He smiled to himself, today would be a good day for business. Everyone would want to strengthen themselves so they could defend against such a beast in the future. Stepping outside he knocked his booth apart with a few easy swings of his battleaxe, putting the pieces of wood inside the entrance. He could sell it later and build a new booth. He stuck his open sign on the outside of the house and set-up shop within moments. He stood behind a large, heavy desk that separated him from his customers, who were slowly trickling inside.

~~~

"I had no contract on the beast. But I'll fight it when there's a contract." Dezelda replied, removing her thin fur gauntlets, revealing her smooth, dark hands, before setting the gauntlets neatly beside her boots. She scooted back further onto the bed, her mace balanced across her lap while she leaned against the wall. "Actually," she added after a moment, "I'd prefer to take on a contract like this with a partner. If you're interested we could let the Brother's know that we could take out a dragon within a reasonable, but quick, time-period. We'd really only need time to get there, as I'm sure we could kill a beast within a day or two of finding it." Dezelda watched Jahk's face carefully, she didn't make an offer like this lightly, nor would he take her up on it lightly. He might even have a problem with her being a Dunmar, but she sensed that he cared more about his pride and abilities than about something like race.

((Jeez, keeping track of everyone's race is hard...))

Jahk tapped his finger to his chin as he pondered the offer. Partners? Well, it would beat solo work. Easily. But it would require a level of trust he wasn't sure he could return to her. Though, the type of contracts he did now... A dragon's would be more than twice that. He would be making considerably more money in the long haul... Even on short term. Not to mention getting a chance to just kill really big things, and who wouldn't want that? "You have yourself a deal." He said, returning her analytical gaze. This would be interesting. Dunmar and Nord, killing dragons together. Sounded good on paper, how would it translate to real life?

"I just so happen to like items of a particular shininess. Besides, I helped. I shot an arrow at it." Kaja was left with the bones when they all dispersed. The Kajiit took a couple bones, and headed for the trader. It wouldn't be worth the trouble of nearly dying without at least attempting to salvage something of the bones. When she gathered as much as she could carry -about three- and walked off. She walked back into town, her bag full and hoping to sell off some extra stuff. She had enough to sell, maybe she'd get enough for some new potions and gear. She felt that she might be going on another trip soon. Then she saw Ambra, the woman who ate the dragon. "Hello there Dragonborn!" Kaja called, smiling.

[Thanks Rain. :3]

Ambra looked down at the dragon some more. Now it was just bone. She felt strong, more powerful. But... She felt wrong. Like this wasn't supposed to be true. She wasn't Dragonborn! Suddenly, Kaja greeted her and she backed away a bit.

"Hello~" Ri'Dato popped in again, and grinned at Kaja. "I am Ri'Dato. What is your name?"

"Kaja. If you really care at all. I'm just wondering where that whole... dragon-soul-eating thing came from Miss Ambra." She wanted to know about the dragon before the other Kajiit. She had been certain she had heard of a Ri-Dato before coming here... oh yeah, he was in the Thieves Guild wasn't he? Something about him being stuck up? Either way, she didn't trust him as far as she could throw him. Then she noticed Ambra backing away. "Did I startle you? Sorry, I'm better with objects than people sometimes."

((People can always come over to Verano's shop. He sells almost every spell they can learn))

Dezelda allowed herself a half-smile, genuinely pleased that the Nord thought enough of her abilities to compensate for their lack of rapport. She wondered what types of spells would work best against a dragon. She figured she'd probably need to learn Healing Hands now so she could keep things going if the fight was dragging on, though she wasn't going to let Jahk know she was practicing something like that. She was glad that she was naturally fire-resistant, it would definitely come in handy in these up-coming fights. "Have you ever tried to learn a shout?" She asked quietly. She had tried once before, but just remembering the words was difficult, and it was basically impossible for her to say them so she had given up. She'd leave such magic to the mages who would spend years on learning them, and the dragonborn.