TwilightMoonDragon

...::: Dragon Sky :::... | Skyrim

"A man who works lives in a house. A shrewd man that works lives in a mansion." Jahk countered to Dezelda. Not that he wanted a mansion. Such a life was for pompous fools. But the phrase held up. He turned his attention back to Verano and held out a hand to shake. "We have a deal." He said. He counted out coins with his other hand and slapped then on the table. "Two twenty." He said, confirming the price. For a dagger he could call anywhere, two twenty was a steal. He could get past security legitimately then still be armed.

*So that's his name.* Verano thought idly as he shook the Nord's hand. He stepping into his room quickly, pulling out the four times he needed carefully but quickly. Dezelda had picked an interesting combination of Healing Hands, Icy Spear, and Circle of Protection. He had slipped the three into a small bag, she had wanted them kept secret for reasons unknown to him. He strode back out into the main room, setting Jahk's tome on the counter for him to examine as he walked over to Dezelda, they switched bags, peeking briefly at the contents but neither of them in great detail. He turned back to Jahk's pile of Septims, counting them out carefully but very swiftly. Scooping them all into his hand he looked up at Jahk. "Satisfied?" He asked, glancing briefly at Dezelda. The woman nodded, making her way towards the entrance. He focused on Jahk again, not expecting much of an answer.

Jahk took the tome from Verano and looked it over and briefly flipped through it, to make sure this wasn't a rip off. The merchant asked if he was satisfied and he nodded. "Aye." He said. Dezelda moved to the exit and so did he. He opened the door for the two and left the shop. He tuxked the book into the folds of his over shirt, wishing to keep it from the members if the thieves guild that he knew wandered about here. "Hope this works." He said idly. "But it wasn't that much. Two twenty is an acceptable loss if it doesn't."

As they walked out of Verano's shop, Dezelda let the lights fade out. She could see that Verano started up his own immediately afterwards, just before the door shut firmly behind them. She looked at Jahk seriously. "New times are upon us." She said, smiling at the double-meaning. With the discovery of the dragon-born, the dragon that ruled over Whiterun had been defeated, word was spreading quickly. "I think I know where we can get a new contract too." She added, raising her eyebrow. She hoped that Jahk was on the same page. Ambra wasn't one that they should let too far out of their sight. Dezelda was sure that they could get either a good contract for or against the girl.

Ri'Dato snuck out of the inn and the tip of his tail twictched in annoyance. His yellow eyes darted to and fro the streets and he flicked up his hood. Wow, it was cold and dark this day.. Perfect for a thief that was a Khajiit. The dappled cat caught sight of Dezelda, and made his way over to her, light pawed and silently. Mm, there was a scent on her... But the point was that he was not detected and that he could get a good loot out of her... So he put his fingers into her pocket and began to rummage around.

"Why would we assassinate a dragonborn?" Jahk asked. "What would that accomplish? Get into the dragon's good graces? They'll kill us in the end." He wasn't saying that he wanted to link up, but he didn't like the lizardy beasts. "Let her run her course, huh? If she saves us all, we win, right? If not we go back to killing random aggressors."

Dezelda rolled her eyes. "We wouldn't have to take her out. But people are going to want to. She might want some extra...protection. We could do that." She said, turning around abruptly to walk towards where she had last seen the girl, when she crashed into a Khajiit, she looked at his face and her eyes narrowed. She tightened her hand on her mace and knocked it against his stomach forcefully, following the blow by slamming her mace into his jaw, one of the sharp edges creating a large cut on his furry face, then tracing it down his face and holding it against his throat. "I could kill a thief like you." She said, her voice a living venom. "Jahk." She said, her tone cold as she kept her scarlet eyes on Ri'Dato. "Check his pockets would you? Take everything he has." She said. I probably don't want any of it, but if he makes one stupid move, that's it. She thought

((Possible GM... I don't know if TMD will care but I'll just play along for now...))

Jahk was about to put in his two septims when a Kahjit slammed into Dezelda, and she beat him with that mace of her's. He stepped over the man and crouched by his face. "What's a member of the thieves guild doing about here then? You're a long way from Riften, pickpocket." Maybe he was picking up on their brotherhood connections now? The organizations weren't allied but maintained nuetral peace. Though, neither of them wore the colors or clothing of a member. Still. He was a car-thing. He should've smelt something, right? "But you know what? I feel generous. I do, I really do. So I'm gonna let you off with a warning. I won't take you're junk. But don't let it happen again."

[i doubt that Ri'Dato would be able to dodge that. xd.png]

Ri'Dato gasped when the mace suddenly slammed into his stomach. But then it we doubled up by a knock to his jaw. ".. What the hell?!" he wheezed, his tail lashing in pain. He looked at the Dark Elf through pain, and ground his teeth and hissed harshly. "Go to Hell! You Talos damn murderers." he snarled out. "Let me go!"

Jahk drew his axe and held it to Ri'Dato's neck. "Now, now..." He said. "That's how the last man I met got his tongue cut out." He sent a hand into one of the Kahjit's pockets and found a coin purse. He removed a bit of the money, enough to pay himself back for the book, and set the rest on his nose. "Alright, I'm done here." He said, standing. "And we could have been such friends, cat." He added, tauntingly.

((Hope you don't mind.))

Ri'Dato's anger grew more and more when Jahk sent his filthy hand into his pocket. Ri'Dato hissed and felt his fur fluff up. How dare they?! "Go to hell." he snapped when Jahk set the rest of hai money on his nose. How could they do that? Damned assassins... "I know where you live. I can slit your throat as you sleep." no, no, Ri'Dato, the Guild would not like that. They did not go to kill other people. Maim, yes. Kill, no. But it would still add to the fear.

While Jahk took over the threatening, Dezelda carefully checked her pockets. Nothing important missing. She mentally sighed. She smiled in amusement at the Khajiit's threat. "You know where we sleep?" She raised an eyebrow. She slept everywhere and anywhere. What a fool he was to think that they stayed in one place for more than a night or two. Or day or two for her. "Run home while you still can, fool. And think twice next time before you threaten someone in the Dark Brotherhood." She said, raising her mace to her shoulder with a menacing smile.

"You're all a bunch of corpse ****ers." Ri'Dato's temper was getting the best of him. His yellow eyes glared at Dezelda and at Jahk. "I hope the dragons swallow you two whole, you know that? May your first borns!"

[school.]

"Didn't I tell you to leave?" Jahk wondered out loud. He glanced at Dezleda to make sure he wasn't spewing falsities, mostly for effect, and returned his gaze. "Oh, but thief. Before you finally leave, can you direct us to the dragonborn woman?"

Dezelda rolled her eyes. "Come on Jahk. We have more important things to do. I just remembered that while you were out a little birdie came by and told me that we were invited to the inn." She said. One of the members of the Brotherhood had stopped by and told her to meet him at the inn for a meeting that night. She wasn't sure whether the Brotherhood had rented the whole inn, which wasn't unheard of, or if that was the spot before the spot. Sometimes they liked having the extra level of secrecy. She strolled by the Khajiit, twirling her mace expertly in her hand as she passed him.

Jahk shrugged. "Whatever." He said, sheathing the axe. He walked off towards the inn and spotted the symbol of the Dark Brotherhood on a sheet of paper on the bar. Taking it, he flipped it over. Oh, he understood. They'd broken into their room and were waiting on them. He walked upstairs and opened the door with his key before being assailed with a knife to his neck. After a quick staring match with a Breton, the knife was taken down and he was left alone. He looked around the room and saw that along with the Breton, was another Nord and a Argonian. All dressed in the generic Brotherhood garb. "Hello there." He said, greeting as he walked in, sitting on the bed. The three nodded.

Kaja crept to the window of the room, her fingers undoing the lock on the window with practiced ease. With a gentle push it creaked open and the fresh air blew in. Laden with various foods, her bags heavy with the newly 'aquired' gold, and items of a shiny quality that caught her eyes. She crawled up onto the bottom of the window, prepared to leap to the next building, landing upon it much like her outward appearance would suggest. She took off, leaping to the next building and landing without much trouble. When she was far enough away, she landed on the street, down on all fours, she looked much like the racial slur most slung at Kajiit, a cat. Although, if you looked closely, you could see that her yellow fur was in fact patchy in some places, as though it was still growing back from some kind of incident. Her large green eyes blinked for a moment before she stood and dusted herself off. Hmm... should she clear out or stay? She mused on the thought for a moment then decided to head for the nearest tavern, smiling as she went. She had a fat wallet again, and maybe she would sell off the junk she had stolen, or eat the food. She was set as long as she wasn't caught. Her tail twitched with happiness.

Following quietly Dezelda stepped into the room after Jahk. She stepped to one side and Breton closed the door behind her. She walked past the bed and small table, leaning against the wall, somewhat close the window, as she looked attentively to the other three. "So what's the business at hand?" She asked, partially to break the silence and partially to shorten what would probably end up as a short meeting anyway. Being around so many in the Brotherhood at once had proved a fatal end to more than one.

~~~

Once Jahk and Dezelda had left, Verano smiled to himself. With all of the dragon hub-bub of the day, buiness had had a minor boom. It was nice to cap it off with some good sales. He was exhausted however, and muttered the light spell to rearrange things and lock the door before he went off to bed again, not bothering to take off more than his boots before he slumped into bed.

"The Dragonborn woman." The Argonian said. He pushed off the wall and looked at the two. "There's a contract for you. News travels fast of the woman, and context clues ell us you're working together. Anyways, you two were present at the slaying of the dragon. To protect the brotherhood's interests, we want you to act as guards to this woman. Being a slave doesn't fit in with any of our plans." Jahk crossed his legs, left ankle to right knee. "Oh yeah? And what do we get, eh? Surely we're not running charity." The Argonian nodded and took out a pouch. "This is six thousand septims. Just to keep you on her. If this all goes away, you might get more."

Guards huh. Not the usual Brotherhood way, but for at least 3,000 septims...I can handle it She thought. After seeing how easily that dragon had been brought down, she no longer had quite the same level of fear for them. She still admired their raw killing abilities, but next time she saw one, she would have no mercy. "How long are we going to do this?" Dezelda asked, her head tilted downward slightly, giving her red eyes a serious look, especially with her arms crossed from where she leaned. If this was going to last a significant amount of time though, the cost would go up. But they would know that She thought, eyeing the Argonian who seemed to do most of the speaking.

"Until you're confident she can handle it herself, she defeats the dragons, or you die." The lizard said. "If you want more, contact the brotherhood directly." He eyed the woman. "Will you take the contract?" Jahk shrugged. "Septims are Septims."

Dezelda eyed the lizard-like Argonian carefully. In some ways, it was a horrible contract. But hanging on the line was more than just Septims, there was the chance that the whole slavery thing could be done. No more. She nodded. "I'll take it." She said. "Where is the girl right now?" She asked, raising a questioning eyebrow.

Being a thief, Kaja was very bad at having a normal sleep pattern. She had lost track of time, and was now rushing to the store. She showed up too late, and disappointed at herself, Kaja briefly considered breaking in to drop off some of her crap. It wasn't like it would hurt the business... but then again, if she broke in the store might be robbed and then where would she be? She wondered what she should leave, since she was out of pocket space and suspicious enough. She pulled out a garnet, then deciding that the shiny was too precious to leave, she ditched a near barrel full of leeks, opening one of the barrels near the door, she left. She ate an apple that she had grabbed and wondered where to bunk down for the night. The inn or a roof tonight? Staring up at the emerging stars, she wondered what to do now.

"She's a companion. Probably in Jorrvaskr." The Argonian said. He tossed Jahk the pouch, who, with a ungraceful snatch, caught it. The Breton walked past Dexelda and opened the window. In a minute they were gone as fast as they'd arrived. Jahk glanced up at his partner and said, "Well. That was interesting enough." It occurred the him he'd never met them before. He jingled the pouch. "But hey. We got some coin, a job, and promise of more. What more could a man want in life?"