KageSora

Pokemon Spinoffs

I just thought of something that is both distirbing and funny.

Because the Explorers games' personality profiling put me as a Pikachu, that's who I chose to play as for Gates to Infinity, and I chose Snivy as my partner because that was the starter i chose for Black.

Now my partner is a ten foot long snake, and I am a one foot tall mouse.

do the math.

I just thought of something that is both distirbing and funny.

Because the Explorers games' personality profiling put me as a Pikachu, that's who I chose to play as for Gates to Infinity, and I chose Snivy as my partner because that was the starter i chose for Black.

Now my partner is a ten foot long snake, and I am a one foot tall mouse.

do the math.

You're right, that IS disturbingly funny. x3 Kind of reminds me of the Swellow and Wurmple team in Explorers of Sky.

I have a similar situation on Explorers of Sky, but not quite so bad- I'm a Torchic, and my partner's an Eevee. So I'm a chicken and my partner's probably some kind of fox.

user posted image

(Oh, and I'm stuck in said game and need a rescue (again sleep.gif) if anyone's interested. (Tried playing as low-level mons again... didn't work so well.) We're on Shimmer Desert 3f, so it should be super easy. PM me for the SOS mail- I'll try to respond ASAP.)

Mystery Dungeon series are my favourites.

Except the little disappointment in this last game (which I don´t even have yet) that I cannot pick my partner´s gender. I don´t want a male Snivy!

Yeah,that´s my only complaint,but it really bothers my OCD...

So I've started (well, a week ago started) the new mystery dungeon game, I'm playing as an Axew named Night and my partner is an Oshawott named Wotter (original I know) and we are Team Dragonrage....

and I got to the desert, and now, spoilers

SPOILERS

DID KYUREM SERIOUSLY JUST KILL A POKEMON WHAAAAT? I don't even care that it technically was a manifestation of nature, dude he just froze and shattered a pokemon. I'm like ;_;

And then he goes and tries to crush my character to death! I'm sitting there like NO NO NO NO NOOOO. Like watching him stomp my character was one of the most brutal things I have ever seen in a pokemon game.

And then when he says I'll make you suffer the pain that all the other humans experienced before they had to leave to. I was like oh my god, oh my god my character is like, in horrible pain and is going to get killed.

I'm so happy Wotter is my friend ;_;

I like mystery dungeon, except gates to infinity, I was disappointed by that one. Conquest was a bit .... unconventional.... and ..... repetitive, and ranger made no sense, but the other Pokémon Mystery Dungeons are great

I'm liking the story to Gates so far, but the game play really took a hit. I think they really simplified it too much. I liked the hunger aspects and stuff that added difficulty.

I'm also not liking the total lack of pokemon, I'm not really sure what happened there. I feel like I'm fighting the same 20 pokemon in every dungeon. It's kind of dull.

But I do love the graphics update. The dungeons look so much better. And some of the cutscenes are pretty cool (the dragon air battle)

I love the pokemon mystery dungeon ones.

My favorite always has been Blue and Red. xd.png

Omigosh me too! I really like the jukebox in Sky, I can listen to my favorite BGM whenever I want to wub.gif

My favorite mystery dungeon was time and darkness. Sky was... okay. Blue and red were good, but I think time/darkness had best storyline

So I've  started (well, a week ago started) the new mystery dungeon game, I'm playing as an Axew named Night and my partner is an Oshawott named Wotter (original I know) and we are Team Dragonrage....

and I got to the desert, and now, spoilers

SPOILERS

DID KYUREM SERIOUSLY JUST KILL A POKEMON WHAAAAT? I don't even care that it technically was a manifestation of nature, dude he just froze and shattered a pokemon. I'm like ;_;

And then he goes and tries to crush my character to death! I'm sitting there like NO NO NO NO NOOOO. Like watching him stomp my character was one of the most brutal things I have ever seen in a pokemon game.

And then when he says I'll make you suffer the pain that all the other humans experienced before they had to leave to. I was like oh my god, oh my god my character is like, in horrible pain and is going to get killed.

I'm so happy Wotter is my friend ;_;

Rated E for everyone Folks!

So I finally got my Axew to Haxorous and I'm pretty much done with Gates to Infinity, though I might tackle one of the level 5, no items, 1 party, 99 floor dungeons.... eventually xd.png

I'm still kind of disappointed with the game. I think it's just the lack of pokemon. It got really boring to see the same 20 pokemon and their evolutions over and over.

However, I really love the addition of the legendary battles. Those are really cool and gorgeous. And some of those move animations are cool. (though it's too bad we can't recruit those guys)

I managed to get the shiny Ho-Oh in one battle too. I think the only difference is, well, shiny, and it knows sacred fire instead of flamethrower.

I'm not really familiar with majority of the Pokemon Spinoff games. However, I absolutely love the MD series (I even wanna buy the latest 3DS version but I can't afford it ATM) and I also remember playing one of the Pokemon Ranger games as well as Snap and both Stadiums.(that is, both Stadium and Stadium 2)

I recently got some of the side games I haven't tried yet (Pokémon Trozei and Mystery Dungeon Blue) but I got Trozei used and there's no 'new game' option for Adventure mode. :\ Anyone know how to restart it/wipe the save?

I just got pokemon mystery dungeon: explorers of time today! I'm starting to regret choosing skitty, but otherwise I'm enjoying it. The battle mechanics took some getting used to, though. For a while I couldn't figurge out how to use attacks and just attacked with A xd.png I think once I finish it I'll get explorers of darkness and chose pikachu.

As for the ranger series, I played them all and really liked them biggrin.gif Those two are the only spin offs I've played

I love Pokemon Mystery Dungeon as well as Pokemon Rangers. Definitely Pokemon MD more though.

I just got pokemon mystery dungeon: explorers of time today! I'm starting to regret choosing skitty, but otherwise I'm enjoying it. The battle mechanics took some getting used to, though. For a while I couldn't figurge out how to use attacks and just attacked with A xd.png I think once I finish it I'll get explorers of darkness and chose pikachu.

As for the ranger series, I played them all and really liked them biggrin.gif Those two are the only spin offs I've played

I'd actually recommend explorers of sky. The special episodes, spindna's cafe, and the sky jukebox are well worth it.

*Raises hand*

Out of all the spinoffs I've played, PMD: RRT is my favorite. I remember spending hours trying to get Cubone. Dunno why, but I have.

I recently restarted as Eevee(named Night Fury), with Torchic(named Petunia) as my partner. Two days to finish the main story.

Two days.

I immediately went to recruit Articuno as soon as I finished the main story, and MAN, he's overpowered! He just OHKOs everything! I've tried to recruit the other birds, but NOPE, the game's like "Oh, you recruited Artie waaaay too easily. Let's fix that! >=D" and doesn't let me recruit neither Moltres nor Zapdos. Nope. I tried using my Feraligatr (that I recruited as a Totodile in Wyvern hill) to get Moltres at least a dozen times, but it seems like my luck's busted. I know that Pokemon won't join you if your team has no room(number and/or size wise), but seriously! I have around a one-in-three chance of getting the Legendary Birds, but that's without high levels and Friend Bows! Feraligatr is around level 30. I have no Friend Bows, nor do I have the patience to get one. I have a 35% chance to get Moltres and Zapdos with Feraligatr. WHY IS MY GAME SO CRUEL?!

/end rant

Anyway, I'm currently stuck on Lightning Field. Sierra(My Dragonair whom I use to get there) doesn't help, Night Fury(Whom I evolved into a Jolteon) can't help very much, Petunia doesn't help at all, and Feraligatr has a huge disadvantage against Raikou. Artie's the only one doing anything. Can anyone help?

Anyway, I'm currently stuck on Lightning Field. Sierra(My Dragonair whom I use to get there) doesn't help, Night Fury(Whom I evolved into a Jolteon) can't help very much, Petunia doesn't help at all, and Feraligatr has a huge disadvantage against Raikou. Artie's the only one doing anything. Can anyone help?

May I suggest using a TM to teach Night Fury to use Dig? A ground-type move should give you at least a little bit of an edge in Lightning Field. The TM for Dig can be found in Desert Region or Southern Cavern or bought in Kecleon's shop, or if you check the job boards, it may occasionally be offered as a reward.

If you don't want to change Jolteon's moveset, you could always evolve Sierra into a Dragonite (even though it takes a long time) and teach her Earthquake. (If you do this, you may want to make her the team leader and bring only Articuno with you to the dungeon. Also, Earthquake can be found in the same places as Dig, but it can't be bought in the shop.) If you don't want to evolve her, you could just teach her Agility (learned at level 38)- when you battle Raikou, have her use it until your team is at 4x speed and then attack away.

You can also teach Dig or Earthquake to Feraligatr, and Petunia can learn Dig, too. If all else fails, check to see if you have any decently-leveled ground-types, and if so, try bringing them along. Maybe you could go searching for Cubone again. x3

As for your items, are you bringing lots of Reviver Seeds with you? Totter Seeds and Sleep Seeds may help your fight against Raikou as well, if you throw them at him.

Good luck battling Raikou- hope this helped a little. smile.gif *shamelessly guidebookin' it*

BTW- I still need to be rescued (via wonder mail) in Explorers of Sky, if anyone's interested. It's a super-short three-floor rescue.

Edited by Athkore

Interestingly enough, I recently posted on another thread that my favorite game that I've played so far is Pokemon Snap, although a close second for me is Pokemon Puzzle League.

May I suggest using a TM to teach Night Fury to use Dig? A ground-type move should give you at least a little bit of an edge in Lightning Field. The TM for Dig can be found in Desert Region or Southern Cavern or bought in Kecleon's shop, or if you check the job boards, it may occasionally be offered as a reward.

If you don't want to change Jolteon's moveset, you could always evolve Sierra into a Dragonite (even though it takes a long time) and teach her Earthquake. (If you do this, you may want to make her the team leader and bring only Articuno with you to the dungeon. Also, Earthquake can be found in the same places as Dig, but it can't be bought in the shop.) If you don't want to evolve her, you could just teach her Agility (learned at level 38)- when you battle Raikou, have her use it until your team is at 4x speed and then attack away.

You can also teach Dig or Earthquake to Feraligatr, and Petunia can learn Dig, too. If all else fails, check to see if you have any decently-leveled ground-types, and if so, try bringing them along. Maybe you could go searching for Cubone again. x3

As for your items, are you bringing lots of Reviver Seeds with you? Totter Seeds and Sleep Seeds may help your fight against Raikou as well, if you throw them at him.

Good luck battling Raikou- hope this helped a little. smile.gif *shamelessly guidebookin' it*

BTW- I still need to be rescued (via wonder mail) in Explorers of Sky, if anyone's interested. It's a super-short three-floor rescue.

May I suggest using a TM to teach Night Fury to use Dig?

TMs would be a no(Night Fury's moveset is already fine as is), and Dig is kinda sucky for me.

you could always evolve Sierra into a Dragonite

Sierra's going to stay a Dragonair because of RPing purposes tongue.gif

If you don't want to evolve her, you could just teach her Agility (learned at level 38)- when you battle Raikou, have her use it until your team is at 4x speed and then attack away.

I think I'll try that.

You can also teach Dig or Earthquake to Feraligatr, and Petunia can learn Dig, too.

Earthquake? Kiiinda scared of it. Although Artie won't take much damage from it, Night Fury and Petunia are going to have an issue. (I think Earthquake hits allies, too?) I also said that Feraligatr isn't going to be any help at all. Sierra is the Surfer.

(I wonder why your team can't just fly on someone's back to get to the Fields? Artie could easily carry the rest of my Team, and Sierra's species has been shown to fly xd.png)

If all else fails, check to see if you have any decently-leveled ground-types, and if so, try bringing them along.

Level 33 Dugtrio =D

Maybe you could go searching for Cubone again.

I tried getting one, but rotten luck for me again.

(Artie. Stop killing stuff that I need. :/)

As for your items, are you bringing lots of Reviver Seeds with you?

Yes, but my team uses them up before I even get to Raikou.

(They need some severe leveling.)

Overall, Artie is the star player all around! xd.png

Earthquake? Kiiinda scared of it. Although Artie won't take much damage from it, Night Fury and Petunia are going to have an issue. (I think Earthquake hits allies, too?) I also said that Feraligatr isn't going to be any help at all. Sierra is the Surfer.

You're right, it does hit allies. I was originally going to suggest bringing Earthquaking-Dragonite-Sierra and Artie only, but at that point I didn't realize you were keeping Sierra as a Dragonite.

Level 33 Dugtrio =D

Awesome! happy.gif

I'm sorry I suggested Dig so much- my RRT hero character (Andra the Charmander) had Dig and it saved her butt on several occasions, so I automatically assumed it was "OMG so useful!!1!1!"

I decided to play the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinty demo again. It's grown on me a bit, it's better than the last time I played it. But it just controls... weirdly. Like, the running in particular feels sticky and doesn't respond sometimes.

It's one of those games which I really want to play through entirely, but don't want to spend the money buying it :|

My PMD strategy has always been, Inflict Status effects, like paralysis and sleep, then wail on my enemies till they are Ko'd. Of course, that fell on it's face in the latter stages of Gates to Infinity because THE FINAL BOSSES ARE IMMUNE TO ALL STATUS EFFECTS!!

At least thunderbolt was broken enough that The Bittercold's confusion attack was only mostly harmless. (still took out 1/3 of my hp every hit though)

Edited by sailing101