LadyNightshade

Fire Emblem

Yay Lyn fan!!

Im on the chapter with Jarod in I think Daein Keep. (I assume its the final one with him, obviously I haven't made it through yet, lol.)

Just went and looked it up. Part I Endgame: Daein Arise! is the one I'm on.

Edited by water_angel

Im on the chapter with Jarod in I think Daein Keep. (I assume its the final one with him, obviously I haven't made it through yet, lol.)

That would explain it, yeah the characters are really weak in that part of the game. In my opinion, the game should be picking up soon. c:

Hopefully. I wish I could remember how far I got the first time. I think I was almost to where Ike rejoins when my wii decided to delete the game data. I haven't played since because I wanted to play through path of radiance first and transfer character data. Too bad I didn't realize that the requirements for the stats to actually transfer.

Aw, I thought that one had been released in the US, too D: I've seen english screenshots floating around, so maybe there are ROMs? IDK...

It's a shame so few Fire Emblem games have been released in the US. It's a great series, and I want more ;;

But in all honesty Shadow Dragon disappointed me. I'm glad I bought it used, haha. Was its sequel released in the US? I'm not finding any information that specifies that...

I ship LynxHector, ijs. -shot-

Edited by Kila

Aw, I thought that one had been released in the US, too D: I've seen english screenshots floating around, so maybe there are ROMs? IDK...

It's a shame so few Fire Emblem games have been released in the US. It's a great series, and I want more ;;

But in all honesty Shadow Dragon disappointed me. I'm glad I bought it used, haha. Was its sequel released in the US? I'm not finding any information that specifies that...

I ship LynxHector, ijs. -shot-

There are english ROMs of the game out there.

The games that have seen a release in the US:

Fire Emblem for GBA (The prequel to Flaming Sword)

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for GBA

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for Gamecube

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for Wii

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon DS

Fire Emblem: Awakening for 3DS

Shadow Dragon's sequel did not see a US release.

Thanks for the list (though I knew about all of them XD)~ I just have a few more games to get my hands on (Gamecube and Wii) and then the ROM.

Hopefully the success of Awakeing will spur on more US Fire Emblem releases.

I pre-ordered the Fire Emblem Awakening 3ds bundle literally the day before it was released (I was scared that I wouldn't be able to get it >.<). But I haven't allowed myself to open it yet. I need to make sure my money situation is going to work out fine first. That way, if it doesn't, I can sell the bundle on eBay or something.

I've seen a lot of Awakening screenshots on facebook though and I so beyond excited to be able to download characters from the other games.

Though, are we allowed to marry/support the downloadable characters?

ETA: Kila, there are ROMs and patches for a lot of the Japan only Fire Emblem games. Just today I was hunting down a ROM and patch for FE 6: Sealed Swords to play on my phone.

Edited by Windnose

That's disappointing, but I figured as much. It's probably better this way. I would've, without a doubt, married Hector without even giving any of the guys in Awakening a chance. xd.png

Well, that's HALF true. The downloadable characters from OLD FE games don't get supports, but any current character you download via streetpass or the wireless DOES.

SPOILER BELOW

You can recruit Gangrel (and a few other boss characters, like Aversa and The Conqueror) through a downloadable map, and he can marry a female avatar. So it all depends on the character.

Edited by Kila

Woo, I did some good grinding today - mostly trying to recruit the children characters. Those are some intense maps.

(especially when you have to protect villagers, because the villagers are idiots and decide, oh best to run towards the enemy, and then the enemies target them immediately).

I decided that I have to marry Yarne to Lucina so that my avatar Night will be grandmom (theoretically) to a quarter-rabbit :'D (it's amusing to me)

Which also means (barring morgan, the child Chrom and Night don't talk about) that a child from Lucina and Yarne is in line for the throne.

I'm getting closer to the end now though. I defeated the warlord and now am going to collect the last gemstone for the fire emblem. But, childrens first.

I'm halfway tempted to invest in the DLC maps but really only one in particular (....17) because.... because reasons ninja.gif

Oh. You know whats dumb? Suppose Lissa dies at the battle with the Ruffians. And CHROM and FREDERICK Can't die, otherwise game over. But then Chrom can't protect Lissa in Chapter 1.... ? I hate how in the demo you go up to Chapter 1 and then the demo's over... I'm glad my Dad will buy it! I didn't know about strategic games until Pokemon Conquest, and this one has a VERY interesting story... Like the masked man, Morth or Marth, was it? Sully is very.... Feisty. Other words to describe her? Lol Virion.. "Will you marry me?"

Woo, I did some good grinding today - mostly trying to recruit the children characters. Those are some intense maps.

(especially when you have to protect villagers, because the villagers are idiots and decide, oh best to run towards the enemy, and then the enemies target them immediately).

I decided that I have to marry Yarne to Lucina so that my avatar Night will be grandmom (theoretically) to a quarter-rabbit :'D (it's amusing to me)

Which also means (barring morgan, the child Chrom and Night don't talk about) that a child from Lucina and Yarne is in line for the throne.

I'm getting closer to the end now though. I defeated the warlord and now am going to collect the last gemstone for the fire emblem. But, childrens first.

I'm halfway tempted to invest in the DLC maps but really only one in particular (....17) because.... because reasons :ph34r:

what's DLC map 17?

Also, I did all the the children paralogues BEFORE heading over to Valm, so I was massively over-leveled and SLAUGHTERED the enemy. It was a hoot XD

what's DLC map 17?

Also, I did all the the children paralogues BEFORE heading over to Valm, so I was massively over-leveled and SLAUGHTERED the enemy. It was a hoot xd.png

The downloadable map (not out in US yet) where your characters all wear swimsuits wub.gif

Yah, I got slaughtered doing the children paralogues before Valm so I grinded for a while, then challenged Valm, then grinded some more and now it's no contest on the paralogues.

Holy cow A few FE Fans nice. I personally own a copy of sacred stones and I love it so much but have been unable to play due to well, no more systems to play it on. I want to try and see if I can get my hands on a DS Lite but mainly a SP system. Because SP is bad ass and can play OG gameboy cartridges!

I personally Love Tharja and find her absolutely interesting. I love Donny though holy cow have any of you trained him any good, he is amazing!! My ex trained his Donnel with I believe the Astro ability and he has some other ability or weapon that regains his HP and this kid crits every single time its like, "Holy jegus man that is so broken!"

I'm slowly training my Donny and I love him so much. He is amazing! Ricken is also pretty good. I'm currently working on getting Sully leveld up and Nowi though to anyone who has beat the game:

Do you know if second sealing Nowi/Panne means loosing their original type for ever or can they be changed back to their original class with another second seal?

FE: SS Fo Eva! Lute is da best, but not as awesome as Amelia biggrin.gif

Ugh don't remind me of Donny either D: He got killed in that mission and I didn't realize I couldn't redo it. I hear he is ridiculously overpowered.

Haha, I streetpassed my teacher's kid today (the schools had a snowday today, the college was like, "ppft, you guys will live" so his kid had to come with him to work). On the lines of overpowered, I pretty much slaughtered his team (He did have decent levels, and promoted everyone to advanced classes but yah, I guess all my Risen training has paid off).

(Of course, I have streetpassed other people and their teams are scary o_o so I've just bought stuff from them)

Astro is great ability, mostly because it looks pretty xd.png It's great on the swordmasters since they strike twice anyway, so if you get Astro to kick in on the second strike it's like a guarantee win.

Sol is the one that gives you HP back, also a great ability (For me, Gregor has it, which is great so he can take some hits but earn HP back when counterattacking)

I got Henry to learn "vengeance" (now that I switched him back to being a sorcerer so he can use dark magic again) which is great for counter attacking after a hit.

I haven't tried reclassing Nowi or Panne yet so I'm not sure. Panne seems to be able to go well above the normal level 20 max for most characters (she's like at level 30-something for me right now) so I haven't bothered with making her anything else.

Hm, Panne can get beyond 30? Because I had a friend just tell me that Nowi maxes out at 30. However, he discovered she could be second seal'd back to level 1 manakete with no stat loss. I also haven't tried reclassing them so I don't know if they can change and then go back.

I didn't bother with Donnel...I tried the level with him a few times, getting frustrated with trying to leave things with just enough HP that he could kill them (I would constantly get them to 1 HP over what he could do).

Ah, actually she's only 23 for me xd.png But I did definitely battle a level 30+ Yarne via streetpass today, so it's possible.

And yes, I found that second seal trick for my avatar because I didn't want to reclass her but I saw I could just change her to grandmaster again and she went back to level 1 with the same stats.

The downloadable map (not out in US yet) where your characters all wear swimsuits :wub:

Yah, I got slaughtered doing the children paralogues before Valm so I grinded for a while, then challenged Valm, then grinded some more and now it's no contest on the paralogues.

Holy jesus a swimsuit map? I must see this XD

Also, the children paralogues are a challenge, but I think it's a great place to grind and build supports. If anything it's a great way to practice strategy. I had to retry Nah's paralogue SEVERAL times before Vaike finally stopped dying...

Nowi maxes out at level 30, but I don't know about Panne. I haven't used her more than to marry off to Fredrick... I haven't Second Sealed them, either, BUT from what I've read you can reclass them and still use their stones. Panne can't change class (I attempted to out of curiosity). Nowi can become a wyvern rider and something else, I don't remember what...

I haven't used Donny enough to see his strength, but to train him I always corner archers and let him hack away at them. but if he's anything like Amelia (one of my favorite SS characters), he's bound to become a tank. I should try him out! I'm trying to use new characters in my other playthroughs...

But yeah, Lute and Artur are amazing <3 Artur has crazy luck and skill, so he crits LOADS of time, and Lute's just a magical powerhouse. And AMELIA. I paladin her all the time and she just ROCKS.

I just started playing Awakening for the 3DS, and by started I mean literally 30 minutes ago started.

I am already blown away. It's been a few years since I last played any Fire Emblem game, from when I was actually stationed in Japan from 2006-2008, and the story lines have yet to let me down. When it grabs me this quickly, I am genuinely enthralled.

Awakening has had my favorite storyline so far of the fire emblem games~

I cnat wait for my Dad to just get Awakening! Im so used to that that I'm playing Shadow Swords- Abel... cutie! (My stupidness). And I'm surprised that myself doesn't like the graphics. But that's an interesting storyline, too. That guy who calls himself Marth in chapter 1 actually does look like Marth.... maybe the Risen came from the future or something. If you know cause you actually HAVE Awakening, please dont tell me. The demo only lets me go up to Chapter 1.... stupid demo.

Shadow Dragon is set in the distant past, Awakening is set years and years and years in the future ;D

I was blown away by the demo, too, which is why I wanted to buy it so bad. It's an amazing game, and Shadow Dragon really let me down, so to get a good FE game...it's about time.

I know :C I have to wait until Sunday or my Dad buys the game as a surprise. If he does... -Le scream- I will scream very loud. If I buy it at GameStop or something.... -Yes! Thank you Dodo!- Yes, my dad has many names.... Anyway, you know what I saw?

Target- Fire Emblem: Awakening: 39.99

Walmart- Fire Emblem: Awakening: 39.96

I mean, WHAT THE HECK. 3 CENTS LESS!