LadyNightshade

Fire Emblem

No, Soleil and Syalla are two different characters. Soleil is Lazward's daughter, Syalla is Tsukuyomi's daughter.

Syalla is the lesbian option in Hoshido, while Soleil is the one who loves girls and gets drugged by Kamui.

Also Severa (Luna), Inigo (Lazward) and Owain (Odin) are indeed in Conquest but Gaius (Gurei), Tharja (Syalla) and Cordelia (Matoi) are part of the children in Hoshido.

They should have just had Soleil as bi... and I think the whole story of she feints around pretty girls is stupid...

They're all similar and I know Scyalla is called the re-embodiment of Tharja but they aren't the same characters, just really similar.

It was confirmed Luna, Odin and Lazward are actually the characters from Awakening, and I'm fairly sure that if Syalla is really Tharja reincarnated, the same would go for Gurei and Matoi.

Also, did you notice the thing with their names? They're anagrams. (Gurei - Guire, Syalla - Sallya, Matoi - Tiamo)

Gonna try get Olivia and Chrom together in this new run of Awakening (all this fates talk got me back into it)

Gonna be really difficult, but I don't like Marribelle x Chrom and I've done all the others... apparently if you don't select the c rank conversations with the other girls (or marry them off) and dance at least 7 times for chrom (or just pair the two up in that mission a bunch) they should get married...

I'm currently playing through Seisen no Keifu (again), and dang, Midayle once again amazes me with hitting four times in a row with her Iron bow, taking out the enemy in one turn. Awesome. <3333 Now I just hope that the RNG is nice to me since a couple of my units are close to leveling up.

With Awakening, I always shipped Chrom with FeMU. //shrug// I just like the brother/sister relationship of Morgan and Lucina, it's cute. Not to mention Lucina is the coolest daughter ever and also benefits greatly from having FeMU as her mother, so... |D"

I've only played though Awakening once, and I just ended up marrying Chrom. I'd go get the other supports but I'm way too lazy, haha. But I agree, Morgan and Lucina are adorable as siblings <3

I was left awake full of caffeine last night so I ended up pairing everyone off in my head.

Kellam deserves nobility! He is gonna pair up with Lissa!

Kellam/Lissa sounds nice! I don't really have any set pairings. Usually I just do whatever and see if I like it. It's probably going to be like that in Fates too. But I already know who I'm marrying Kamui to, sooo... sorry, Jakob/Joker/idk, no other ships for you wink.gif

Olivia and Libra, though. Cutest couple.

Edited by Limanya

Wyvern, Prismriver, I know it's generally an eh thing for some people, but if neither of you know Japanese (or enough Japanese to get you by), Serenesforest is an amazing source for all language patches for the older Fire Emblem games. Serenesforest in general is pretty much *the* #1 Fire Emblem community resource. All of the older Japan-only games (so, Fire Emblems 1 through 6, as well as 12) have all been translated and uploaded there if you ever want to try them specifically. A Google search will get you anything else you need, if you're willing to do that.

Not everyone has a ton of money to spend on the older games (I spent $80 for an in-box copy of Binding Blade tho...100% worth, but I collect the FE games so that's different) or knows Japanese, so I would definitely recommend checking into Serenesforest.

The community is pretty great, too.

Not to mention, some of the games that actually made it outside of Japan, like Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, are stupidly expensive now. It's pretty much impossible to find a copy of either of those games in good condition for anything less than $70-$75.

Is there any particular game(s) you two were looking for?

I've always been one for physical copies as opposed to emulated, but I will check out that site for sure! Thanks for mentioning it /v\ I don't have much money ever but I have saved up for expensive games before, so for at least one or two games I'd rather buy than emulate.

I am absolutely dying to find Shadow Dragon somewhere, anywhere. I'd rather an English version since I can't read Japanese and thanks to the DS's lack of region locking I might be able to find a copy from America or Europe... if I can find one D:

I'm gonna get Sacred Stones off the eShop (I literally only just found out it's available) soon though so that'll pass some time at least.

i forgot to post here that i imported the newest fire emblem game not too long ago (rip $150 but the special edition was so worth it)

if you guys don't like (absolutely silly and wonderful) spoilers, then don't click the links, but it's mostly just silly stuff that I've been dying over for the past longest time since I've been using my amiibos with the game--

marth SERIOUSLY ROCKS PURPLE UNDERWEAR/SWIMMING BOTTOMS. he looks like a SUPERMODEL (and he knows it too).

This game gets my goty simply because I can make the boys dress in absolutely absurd fashion.

Like, Ike is the cutest lord of all. he looks great in both berets AND roses.

everyone can probably guess I will similarly abuse my poor Roy amiibo as soon as he releases and if he is compatible with If/Fates. If anything, I will abuse him worse. (I'm so sorry Roy.)

The story is also incredible. I love it so much, it is an amazing game. 10/10 will buy every copy that releases stateside to support how great this game actually is.

The face petting is awkward. Beyond awkward. I don't think I'll ever get used to it, but whatever, I get bonuses from it so I'll deal. The actual game itself is top quality great content and I applaud IS for their hard work.

Also, anyone that started the series with Awakening should still feel at home with this game. So there's no worries there.

*rolls away with her 3ds instead of doing homework*

Edited by birdzgoboom

Has anyone checked out Fire Emblem Fates yet? I'm playing through the prologue right now, and have already lost two characters in two separate chapters. I've got to be more discerning when planning strategy (I'm in Classic mode, so permadeath is on). I'm really enjoying it so far.

I bought both versions and finished them both on Casual. Without a doubt, Conquest is harder. I played through on casual the first time so I could get the story, but it was still pretty difficult. Birthrights is not as bad, but only because it gives you more opportunities to level up. If you know who you want to be married, do it asap, it helps.