LadyNightshade

Fire Emblem

I'm finally getting over that now, and wanted to ask Fire Emblem fans: what would be a good game to start with?

Well, if you don't mind games that are challenging, then try the first American released one, "Fire Emblem" for the GBA.

If you are just looking to enjoy the games and not the frustration, then by all means, start with Fire Emblem: Awakening. By far the most forgivable in the series and my absolute favorite. You can choose to play "classic", which means when your character dies, it's dead. But you can choose to play without that option, so when your character dies, they'll be back by the end of the battle. You can also choose your difficultly level. It talks about some backstory within the Fire Emblem series (Specifically a LOT about Marth), but you don't need to know the backstory to enjoy the main game.

I just got to the part where Lucina is fighting Grima in the past and I LOVED that cutscene. The animation in this game is GORGEOUS. I just wish we got more.

I have a question about the ending of Awakening (whited out because of spoilers):

We have the option to have Chrom kill Grima, causing Grima to go back to sleep, or have Avatar kill Grima. Naga says before the battle that Avatar would probably not survive and would only survive if Avatar's bonds with his/her friends were strong enough, which would be extremely unlikely. Everywhere I look, if Avatar kills Grima, then Avatar dies. But what if you max all supports? Has anyone tried this? I'm in the process of doing this just to read the supports, but I think it would be worth taking the "suicide" ending with maxed supports just to see what would happen.

ETA: Nevermind, I just did the suicide ending for the first time. Everything I had read prior to this made it sound like Avatar was dead with no chance of returning.

~

Edited by Windnose

Thanks for your input, everyone.

I'll start with Awakening and the original. I hope it's in Nintendo's eshop, because it's really hard to find now.

Original Isn't in the Nintendo Eshop. D: Sorry. I checked. Just Awakening.

I went to Ikea the other day and met like 3 people with Fire Emblem. The guys(2) had BAD teams, and the girl, Zara, had a team that ALMOST killed Ricken. I had to redo it ;-;

Here's my 3DS friend code 2809-7901-1718. The only 3DS game I have is Awakening and I'm not sure if we can battle or anything if we swap friend codes, but I'd like to swap with at least a few of you anyways.

Edited by Windnose

Ooh!~ We're swapping codes? Technically, mine is 3959-8508-0903, but my Dad lost my 3DS when we moved, so I use my sister's: 3780-9946-3985

I made a new file! This time I ACCODENTALLY clicked Casual mode, so I have Brady and Noire (Noire because I paid attention and recruited Tharja and Libra....) I'm on Chaoter 19 or 20 in that one, I THINK.

I was thinking a couple people had already posted their friend codes, but I guess not. I added you girlfairy76. :3

I'm still getting all the children on my file. I have probably half of them now. It's just hard to get the supports up because here lately not many Risen have been appearing and I'm too broke to be able to afford anymore Reeking Boxes. D: I've been grinding on that DLC map that was free for a while to try to get the supports up. I don't really like that map though. >.<

Thanks for your input, everyone.

I'll start with Awakening and the original. I hope it's in Nintendo's eshop, because it's really hard to find now.

I'm not sure if Sacred Stones is on the E-Shop, but I got it free with the Ambassador Pass, so i'm guessing it is?

If you can't find any of the GBA Games, try the Gamecube/Wii games. Those may be easier to find. And, of course, the 3DS Awakening or the DS Shadow Dragon.

I'm going to start a new game and level up the characters i've ignored this time around. :3

Edited by MysticTiger

I don't know if any of you have read the support conversations between male Morgan and Owain in Awakening, but it's very amusing. xd.png I love Morgan; he's such a good sport.

Also, Flamingo...PUUUUUUNCH! X3

I have a few kids.... In one game, I had Brady and Noire. Noire is awesome, but.... She's a bit crazy. Ad then I saved my game that was on Endgame on it's file, so..... End of that file's old life. Now I have to start ALL OVER!!!!

If I accidentally saved over this file at this point, I'd probably quit the game for a while. >.< I only have four more characters to go (two of which are from maps on Streetpass that aren't available yet) and I have at least half of the supports now.

I really wish the women weren't the only ones who determined which children were born. I would never marry Tharja and Miriel simply because they seem like terrible mothers to me. dry.gif I'm still working on getting Miriel's child so I may be wrong about her, but she just seems so distant to everyone and basically threatens to dissect Lilina on the Champions of Yore 1 DLC map. I know Tharja must care about Noire on some level because she takes away Noire's talisman, but she still curses that poor girl all the time...

After I get Miriel's child, I will just have to get Maribelle's child. I'm not sure who to pair Miriel with yet (my options are Ricken and Gregor) but I know I'm pairing Maribelle with Donnel because I think she deserves to be paired with a Villager. dry.gif

Edited by Windnose

I haven't played the last chapter of my first game, but I started a new game to play through with a new character and different marriages. It's awesome that this game is re-playable since it's so short to begin with.

I must get the new maps!

I can't wait until the ones with Yukitas and the ones where you go back and play through the children's story lines from the past.

Now that I am not pairing my Avatar with Chrom, i'm not sure WHO she should pair up with. I'm thinking Gaius because the "Bubbles" nickname is cute, but I kind of like Gaius with Nowi, so I don't know.

Edited by MysticTiger

Now that I am not pairing my Avatar with Chrom, i'm not sure WHO she should pair up with. I'm thinking Gaius because the "Bubbles" nickname is cute, but I kind of like Gaius with Nowi, so I don't know.

I paired mine with Stahl, because he was the most normal. But the normalness kind of made the support conversations boring compared to others. I'm thinking of marrying Lon'qu next time.

I love the NowiXHenry pairing. X3 It's so cute and adorable how he tries to find Nowi a dragon to play with.

I have not played Fire Emblem: Awakening because I do not own a 3DS, but I have played Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

I have beaten Path of Radiance pretty easily, but I always manage to get stuck on the final level of Shadow Dragon. Someone always ends up dying, and I never let anyone die or I start over.

Does anyone else make it a goal to have everyone you recruit through the whole game survive?

Does anyone else make it a goal to have everyone you recruit through the whole game survive?

I definitely make every units survival my top priority when playing Fire Emblem. That's why I had so much trouble with Awakening since I thought it would be fun to play my first playthrough on Hard mode.

Edited by Windnose

Lol. I ALMOST got Severa >_< But then she decided, "Oh, I'm so obsessed with Holland I'm gonna go in the middle of battle and not survive." and Cordelia was about to die, and... yeah. severa is just rude to her mother. Wind, whenever you get on, You're playing Fire Emblem.

I made a picture of Sumia! My second favorite Pegasus Knight, next to Cordelia. http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii494/...zps067611eb.jpg

Severa just feels incredibly inferior to her mother and is afraid she is a disappointment because she isn't as skilled or talented as her mother, so she acts out like that towards everyone. In her supports, you can tell that she's actually a really nice girl that really loves those around her.

Fire Emblem is the only 3DS game I own (I bought the 3DS bundle) and it's very entertaining, so I'm playing the heck out of it. X3 I have 70+ hours on just one of my files now.

That's a very nice picture! I love pegasus knights, but for some reason, I really don't like them in Awakening. Maybe it's because Sumia and Cordelia have a somewhat unhealthy obsession for Chrom and Cynthia is really, really airheaded. And, for some reason, I can't keep any flying unit alive on the more difficult maps, even though they should be able to handle it at their levels... dry.gif Sometimes I get lucky with Cherche and Gerome, but the other three insist on constantly being hit by 20-40% hits.

Edited by Windnose

I love them too. But they die too much. EVEN if it's a low rate of hitting. I kind of used items on myself, so it's either 5 or less hit, or 40 and less rate of hitting. The Pegasus Knights are good at the beginning, but I HATE how archers can kill them in like one hit. They're always paired up with me, so when I need them to level up for a change, an archer comes and kills them. (But I'm still good by myself, too) Something bad happened! I didn't have Ignis when Lucina joined! So now she has Aether which BARELY works. Ignis + Lucina or Morgan= Like always activated

Edited by girlfairy76

Replaying the game. Only on Chapter 6, but i've been level grinding my characters in the DLC levels, so they're really over leveled for these chapters. I actually got Donny/Donnel this time around since last time I failed to level him. And as soon as Lissa was level 20, I bought a Second Seal from a Traveling Merchant and made her a Pegasus Knight, making her somewhere around level 36 right now. I'm going to do the same thing for Maribelle, although she's being stubborn about leveling for some reason.

I can't believe how fun it is to play it through a second time. Of course, this could just be me since I can't remember half the game. Not that the game wasn't memorable. It's that my memory is so bad I can't remember what I did three seconds ago, let alone a few weeks ago.

Replaying the game. Only on Chapter 6, but i've been level grinding my characters in the DLC levels, so they're really over leveled for these chapters. I actually got Donny/Donnel this time around since last time I failed to level him. And as soon as Lissa was level 20, I bought a Second Seal from a Traveling Merchant and made her a Pegasus Knight, making her somewhere around level 36 right now. I'm going to do the same thing for Maribelle, although she's being stubborn about leveling for some reason.

I can't believe how fun it is to play it through a second time. Of course, this could just be me since I can't remember half the game. Not that the game wasn't memorable. It's that my memory is so bad I can't remember what I did three seconds ago, let alone a few weeks ago.

Wowza. I couldn't live like that. When they're level ten, I'm just BOOM! War Cleric or Valkyrie. Maribelle kinda sucks, since she has REALLY low defense. I mean, with Lissa, it actually goes UP.

Oh yeah, in Shadow dragon and those, at Chapter what... 24, I think, you can use Elice or Caeda/Shiida or one of them to use the Aum Staff to revive someone... But that's far in the game. In Shadow Dragon, I lost one of those brothers- Bol or Bok or something. It's Chapter 5 or less...

I was wondering, what is everyone's personal records for the amount of units you've lost in one turn? Not counting allies because 90% of the time they are suicidal to begin with.

I usually restart immediately after someone dies but on the paralogue that you get Nah in, I knew I had really, really messed up when I was at that last hallway and unlocked the door and the wall collapsed at the end of my turn (that was the first time I unlocked a door, so I didn't know the walls collapsed). I decided to wait and see how many of my squishy units would get slaughtered. Four of my units (I'm thinking it was Lissa, Sumia, Cordelia, and someone else, possibly Fredrick) ended up dying in just that one turn. >.<

I eventually rage solo-ed (duo-ed?) that paralogue with Morgan paired with Stahl. Oh, and I brought Nowi along with a couple keys to pick up Nah and unlock the chests, but she never attacked anything.

I just ordered Awakening! Thank you everyone for your recommendations, I'll be sure to post about my experiences! biggrin.gif

There's no Awakening in stores? Oh, wait. Typical. It's selling out fast, especially for where I live, with the growong community. I barely got Awakening from Walmart- last one! Oh, when you start, purpledragonclaw, do not pair Chrom second. That makes him low-leveled. A mistake I've done. And don't always rely on Frederick....

I saw a hard copy of Awakening for the first time today. @.@ I almost bought it simply because it was the last copy and they are so rare.. But then I reminded myself that if I did, I wouldn't be able to afford a prepaid card to buy the DLC maps. And I'm not sure how playing on a hard copy would affect my soft copy.

I'm still on Chapter 6 on my Second Play though, but i've been level/support grinding my team on the DLC levels. At first I was finding a lot of Second Seals, but now that I can't seem to find any/buy any, I feel like i'm wasting all the experience with all these level 20 characters. But i'm trying to get ALL of the support conversations until this point. I've gotten all the support Conversations (so far) for Donnel, Stahl, Sumia, Lon'qu, and Ricken.

I changed Sully to a Myrmidon along with Stahl. My Avatar is a Thief. Lissa is a Pegasus Knight. Donnel is a Warrior.

It's a lot easier to level grind with a purpose other then leveling. I love getting the support conversations, although some are easier to get then others.

STILL have no idea who to marry, though. I want it completely different from the first time around.

I keep playing the one DLC Level where you get the All Stats +2 skill. I'm trying to get enough to give it to all my characters so far.

I'm having so much fun but my battery keeps dying from me playing for so long!