LadyNightshade

Fire Emblem

I saw a hard copy of Awakening for the first time today. @.@ I almost bought it simply because it was the last copy and they are so rare.. But then I reminded myself that if I did, I wouldn't be able to afford a prepaid card to buy the DLC maps. And I'm not sure how playing on a hard copy would affect my soft copy.

What does soft and hard copy mean? -confuzzled-

A hard copy is the actual game on a disc/whatever it comes in for the console, and a soft copy would be like.. having the game pre-installed. It's like.. you don't necessarily have the disc but you have the files.

What does soft and hard copy mean? -confuzzled-

A soft copy is like what you would download from the eShop and is what came with the 3DS bundle; it's just the game software. A hard copy is a physical copy that you buy at Walmart and such.

Also, to MysticTiger and anyone else who bought DLC maps, if I buy the Smash Pack before the maps are individually available, what will happen? Will I immediately get the other two maps or will I have to wait to get them?

Right now I'm planning on buying Champions of Yore 2 and 3 (I got 1 when it was free), Golden Pack, and Smash Pack. Later on, when I have more money, I will buy the Lost Bloodlines Pack; it's getting less priority because I'm not familiar with the DLC characters in those maps.

Edited by Windnose

A soft copy is like what you would download from the eShop and is what came with the 3DS bundle; it's just the game software. A hard copy is a physical copy that you buy at Walmart and such.

Also, to MysticTiger and anyone else who bought DLC maps, if I buy the Smash Pack before the maps are individually available, what will happen? Will I immediately get the other two maps or will I have to wait to get them?

Right now I'm planning on buying Champions of Yore 2 and 3 (I got 1 when it was free), Golden Pack, and Smash Pack. Later on, when I have more money, I will buy the Lost Bloodlines Pack; it's getting less priority because I'm not familiar with the DLC characters in those maps.

You get them when they get released. I saw it with my own eyes in the Wikia.

Oh. I feel like a noob now. I bought the hard copy x3. I wonder if Shadow Dragon ALMOST ran out in all areas and was backed up in pre-orders when it came out? I guess not.

You get them when they get released. I saw it with my own eyes in the Wikia.

Oh. I feel like a noob now. I bought the hard copy x3. I wonder if Shadow Dragon ALMOST ran out in all areas and was backed up in pre-orders when it came out? I guess not.

Thanks for the info. :3

Don't worry about it. tongue.gif If it wasn't for the Lord Eliwood page on facebook, I wouldn't know either.

I didn't buy Shadow Dragon on release, so I don't know. Unless if you meant Awakening: I think Nintendo did not realize how badly Americans want a hard copy of Awakening and that's what has been causing the shortage of hard copies.

You'll have all three maps listed on the Outworlds List, but when you click on a map that's not released yet, Anna will pop up and say the map isn't available yet and send you back to the list.

So, you have to wait until the maps themselves are released before you can play them, but buying them as a pack is cheaper and more convenient.

The Golden pack is a must buy if you want gold, experience and special items. The Champions of Yore packs are okay, but the best thing you get out of them is the last level's All Stats +2. Apparently Lost Bloodlines gives you stuff but I haven't played them yet. I still have to buy the Smash pack.

I REALLY can't wait for the children's backstory DLC levels. Those are the ones I REALLY want.

Edited by MysticTiger

You'll have all three maps listed on the Outworlds List, but when you click on a map that's not released yet, Anna will pop up and say the map isn't available yet and send you back to the list.

So, you have to wait until the maps themselves are released before you can play them, but buying them as a pack is cheaper and more convenient.

The Golden pack is a must buy if you want gold, experience and special items. The Champions of Yore packs are okay, but the best thing you get out of them is the last level's All Stats +2. Apparently Lost Bloodlines gives you stuff but I haven't played them yet. I still have to buy the Smash pack.

I REALLY can't wait for the children's backstory DLC levels. Those are the ones I REALLY want.

Thanks for the info. :3

I completely forgot about the children's DLC. Now I feel torn between waiting for those to come out and buying maps now. >.< Maybe I'll buy maps now and then start saving up for the children's DLC and possibly buy them a bit late.

I didn't buy Shadow Dragon on release, so I don't know. Unless if you meant Awakening: I think Nintendo did not realize how badly Americans want a hard copy of Awakening and that's what has been causing the shortage of hard copies.

Nintendo has been absolutely HORRIBLE with the 3DS releases. Not only were there delays on the first games released with the system, but there has been delays on almost every game since. FE:A wasn't released in most places on the day it was supposed to. Devil Survivor was impossible to find, I just happened to get the last copy and I never seen the game on shelves again. I STILL can't find a copy of the Tales game. Overall, the 3DS games releases have been treated terribly. Not to mention, most non-game stores (like Walmart, Target, etc) still treat 3DS games the same as DS games, so they're shoved together and ridiculously hard to tell apart. Would it have killed them to put the 3DS games in a Silver or Black package or something?!

Mehhh... The 3DS is my favorite system, but Nintendo's handling of the games releases have been less then favorable.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked is published by Atlus in NA. ANYTHING by Atlus is going to be hard to find unless you pre-order. They're not a big company, and the games they do publish are a little on the niche side, so they release games in smaller batches as not to go broke.

And the Tales series is also niche, so says the game Wiki so Namco probably didn't release as many copies of the 3DS version.

As for Wal-Mart, they're not a game store, so they don't really care.

Annoys me too, but as long as it gets on the shelf, and people can eventually find/buy it, then they're not going to do much more then that.

I wonder if Nintendo will make another 3DS game for Fire Emblem :3 maybe one this time with Lyn or something. I'm totally obsessed with Nowi, though, now x3. If you level her up enough, she's a really powerful unit. But Tiki's better.

I STILL can't find a copy of the Tales game.

And the Tales series is also niche

D: Seriously? Other than Awakening, that was the only other major game I really, really wanted to get after I bought the 3DS...

I'm going to a nearby large city tomorrow; I just check the GameStop website to see if they have any copies of that game nearby and there's a couple stores that say they have a low stock of the game. I think I'm going to check those GameStops there and try to find the Tales game. Though, that means I'll have to wait even longer before buying the Awakening DLC. But I love the Tales series just as much as Fire Emblem and haven't been able to play a new Tales game in a long time, so it'll be worth it if I can find the game.

Also, I've been beginning to notice just how bad Nintendo has been with releasing 3DS games. I know when the 3DS was released no games were released with it, but I didn't realize that they were continuing to have problems. I really wish they would hurry up and get it together; I've been a big Nintendo fan my whole life and it would be a shame if they let their business fall apart now.

On the GameStop website, you don't even have the option to check store availability for new hard copies of Awakening. O.o

girlfairy76: I absolutely love Nowi. X3 She's so adorable and yet so powerful.

My dream Fire Emblem remake would be a remake of FE 6 with fixed continuity so more characters and the events from FE 7 still exist. Though, that would change FE 6 quite a bit and I'm sure many fans would be upset.

ETA: I just saw this picture on facebook. It's part of one of Henry's support conversations with Tharja and is a perfect example of why I love that sadistic freak.

Edited by Windnose

girlfairy76: I absolutely love Nowi. X3 She's so adorable and yet so powerful.

My dream Fire Emblem remake would be a remake of FE 6 with fixed continuity so more characters and the events from FE 7 still exist. Though, that would change FE 6 quite a bit and I'm sure many fans would be upset.

I know :3 I wish I could squish her. In my first game (Which I deleted and started a new file on), Nowi was one of my best..... Units. Then in the other ones I didn't really use Panne and Nowi in fear of breaking their stones. Then, when the stones are unlocked..... Whoops. Under leveled. I also had Panne super leveled, too, until her stone broke and she had to be a Wyvern Rider. I went back to Taguel eventually, but she leveled more slowly.

Edited by girlfairy76

My first playthrough, I did not use Panne because I didn't know you could buy stones later. So when I found out, it was too late and she was already majorly under-leveled. >.< I got her up to level now, but it took a bit of grinding and Nowi, Nah, and Tiki are much stronger than her.

I wish they had added manaketes from previous games to Streetpass other than young Tiki. I know there's some that wouldn't work, such as Myrrh because she has wings and that's not the style of manakete that they were using in this one, but I would've loved to download Ninian, Nils, and the dragon laguz from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Though, I guess I can understand not adding any of them because Ninian and Nils never really fight as dragons and if they added the dragon laguz to Streetpass, people would be disappointed because they hadn't added the beast or avian laguz.

Also, I noticed that the little head piece Tiki wears in Awakening looks a lot like the head piece she wore in earlier games and art, but not like the head piece she wore in Shadow Dragon.

Anyone looking for games should consider Amazon. I've found all of the games ya'll are mentioning on there, like TotA.

That being said, I'm debating on purchasing DLC for Fire Emblem because I'm cheap and have student loans. Are they worth it?

I did find TotA at a GameStop. It was the last copy so I snatched it.

I definitely think some DLC is worth it. Some unlock new classes, others give you extra gold or experience, many of them give you new characters. If you're not familiar with the characters in the DLC and that's the only thing you get from that particular DLC, then it's probably not worth buying. If your not low on gold constantly (like I am) and aren't grinding like crazy, you can probably pass on the DLC that gives you extra gold and experience.

I'm going to try to buy them all eventually, but I'm certainly not going to buy them all right away.

Well, I kinda don't like Amazon. I searched for Radiant Dawn and it's $100. But in Gamestop, it's $50. Really? And in Walmart a used copy is $40 or something like that.

I'm playing Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, and I'm on... Chapter 5, I think. It's better than Shadow Dragon! (Probably because in Shadow Dragon you have to defeat like a million of people) And mostly there are guys with axes xP. I should use Kent more often, though. Sain does more damage because he's level 4 and Kent is level 2 or 3.

Well, I kinda don't like Amazon. I searched for Radiant Dawn and it's $100. But in Gamestop, it's $50. Really? And in Walmart a used copy is $40 or something like that.

I'm playing Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, and I'm on... Chapter 5, I think. It's better than Shadow Dragon! (Probably because in Shadow Dragon you have to defeat like a million of people) And mostly there are guys with axes xP. I should use Kent more often, though. Sain does more damage because he's level 4 and Kent is level 2 or 3.

I'm sure most Fire Emblem prices have skyrocketed on websites like ebay and Amazon since the release of Awakening. So many new players want to try out the older games.

Kent and Sain are in Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, not Sacred Stones. tongue.gif

Sain has always turned out to be the stronger of the two for me, not matter how much I try to use Kent more. dry.gif In my latest file, they are about the same. Though, I don't play on that file anymore because my phone ate half of my file on my rom a while back when it was having a one of it's software seizures (it kept restarting itself every few minutes).

I'm sure most Fire Emblem prices have skyrocketed on websites like ebay and Amazon since the release of Awakening. So many new players want to try out the older games.

Kent and Sain are in Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, not Sacred Stones. tongue.gif

Sain has always turned out to be the stronger of the two for me, not matter how much I try to use Kent more. dry.gif In my latest file, they are about the same. Though, I don't play on that file anymore because my phone ate half of my file on my rom a while back when it was having a one of it's software seizures (it kept restarting itself every few minutes).

They're also on Sacred Stones, though. (Blargh. I keep forgetting that I have Blazing Sword, though)

Man. That sucks. Now I need like $50 for Radiant Dawn xC

I know. Sain is pretty cool. But I keep thinking; Kent is more mature and stuff, yet Sain does more damage and he's flirty. It's a bit weird. I can imagine.. "Hey Kent, I do more damage!" Sain's also kinda annoying. It's hard for me to level up Florina or Florena or whatever without her getting close to killed. So it says she does 8 damage, she does 4, then the person attacks, then she does another 4. Wil is okay, I kinda needed Serra, and Erk is okay, too. (If he had more defense and HP, which won't happen)

They're also on Sacred Stones, though. (Blargh. I keep forgetting that I have Blazing Sword, though)

Man. That sucks. Now I need like $50 for Radiant Dawn xC

I know. Sain is pretty cool. But I keep thinking; Kent is more mature and stuff, yet Sain does more damage and he's flirty. It's a bit weird. I can imagine.. "Hey Kent, I do more damage!" Sain's also kinda annoying. It's hard for me to level up Florina or Florena or whatever without her getting close to killed. So it says she does 8 damage, she does 4, then the person attacks, then she does another 4. Wil is okay, I kinda needed Serra, and Erk is okay, too. (If he had more defense and HP, which won't happen)

Actually, I think you are confusing Sain and Kent with Kyle and Seth.

I prefer Kent because he is more mature and I really like his supports with Lyn. Florina is amazing if you can get her leveled up some more. She's by far my favorite pegasus knight in the series. I never really used Wil, I just used him until I got his support with Rebecca up all the way. I try to use Erk as much as possible until much later in the game, when you get Pent. Then, if Erk just isn't up to par, I stick him on the sidelines and use Pent instead.

I walked around with my 3DS in sleep mode when I was at college today and managed to pick up two different people with streetpass. One of them had Awakening so I was able to challenge them. :3 I was pretty intimidated at first because they had maxed stats, great skills, DLC classes, had three different MUs, etc. They got pretty close to killing a few of my people, their Lethality skills triggered twice, but I dodged once and blocked the other. Their Nah also critical hitted my Nowi and left her with 18 hp left. It was a pretty intense battle. Though, if I had been fighting the actual person and not a computer, I know he/she would've kicked my butt so hard. So I am disappointed in how the computer handles the other people's characters.

No way! It was surely Kent and Seith. I saw in a walkthrough! I've never seen Kyle and Seth before.

And THAT was because the person's Sacred Stones was messed up. It started out like Blazing Sword, with Lyn.... And that shouldn't happen?

Edited by girlfairy76

No way! It was surely Kent and Seith. I saw in a walkthrough! I've never seen Kyle and Seth before.

And THAT was because the person's Sacred Stones was messed up. It started out like Blazing Sword, with Lyn.... And that shouldn't happen?

Nope. It might've been a hack. I've seen a pictures of a hack of the two games combined, but I've never played it and can't remember what it is called right now.

Nope. It might've been a hack. I've seen a pictures of a hack of the two games combined, but I've never played it and can't remember what it is called right now.

Wow. Cause he said he got Eirika LATER o.o That's not normal, I think...

I tried finding the hack you are talking about, but there's so many different hacks out there and I couldn't find one that fitted your description. I did come across a few completed english patches of the Japan only FE games though. Here soon, I will probably download Fire Emblem 4 and try it because I've heard a lot of interesting things about it.

Ooh! Can you send me the links? I want to try those. What did you find? Gaiden?

Oh. And here I thought Sacred Stones and Rekka No Ken/Blazing Sword were the same. Apparently, no.

http://serenesforest.net/general/patch.html

I think for most of those patches, you will need to find the Japan roms of the games and patch them yourself. Try to be careful of where you download the roms. Last time I went hunting for a Sealed Sword rom, I kept looking for a rom that wasn't an .exe file and I believe one of the roms I downloaded from a fishy website is what led to me getting malware in my System 32 files. dry.gif

I'm planning on playing Genealogy of the Holy War first because a Fire Emblem page on facebook that I like has been posting about it a lot and I really, really want to try it. After that, I will try to play Sealed Swords again. Then, if I'm not tired of Fire Emblem yet, I need to replay Shadow Dragon and then play Heroes of Light and Shadow.