Rarek

The TerraChildren Saga

Nartak trotted to the river where the pack had found him, not far from the den itself and started lapping up some of the water. His ears twitched as he listened for possible sounds. Having finished drinking, he pattered downriver, looking for food to bring back to the pack. He had not completely forgotten about Snaok and Toraz and he was also watching out for them, knowing they were possibly enemies now - and Toraz especially was a threat, as she seemed to find much enjoyment out of killing something not on her side.

"There was an army here, but I think they all died. Some of the weapons I found were not the types used by our people. Perhaps no one came out alive..." she said, following after Diane.

"What if we were to venture to the other vill..." her voice trailed off as she pulled herself up and onto the roof. The girl cursed very softly. You could see more from this building, way more than her normal 3rd story "perch."

Sudden movement caught her eyes just then.

"Diane! Look!" she said, gently grabing the other woman's arm. She pointed in the direction she looked in.

"Animals...if they're alive, would that mean out familiars are still around? They could explain what's happened.

Diane looked in the direction Tania was pointing. There were indeed animals in the distance. As Tania had pointed out, if the animals associated with element also still existed, then they might get answers. She turned and nodded.

"Yes. That would be a good place to start."

((ARGH! Why can't I make a decent post? *headdeskheaddeskheaddesk*))

((Rarek, I thought that Carissa could understand human speech, because ofthis post of yours. Was I wrong about that? I want to make sure before I do my next post.))

((Carissa is a Volantian who can speak to those who have the ability to speak to them. In that post, both Mae and Cameron are WindChildren, and can therefore speak to her without assistance))

Cameron was so focused on Carissa and Ri that he was startled when the tiger cub made its approach. At first, he was wary, unsure if the tiger cub meant harm, but he quickly indicated his intentions. /Toraz must be using the same method I was to bridge the trans-elemental gap./ So now at least one of the ThunderChildren was here as well. Opening his telepathic link through Toraz to Snaok, he responds.

/Hello to the both of you, I cannot speak for long as I must focus on giving Carissa a method of communication. Mae I'm sure would be better to speak to than I./ His tone was slightly harsh, but to be expected. Last time he saw the ThunderChildren, they were slaughtering the Wind army without question.

He cursed, his distraction tearing him from Ri and Carissa, but thankfully Ri seemed to be pondering what to say during that time. He kept one eye on the cub however, making sure nothing went wrong.

Edited by Rarek

Diane looked in the direction Tania was pointing. There were indeed animals in the distance. As Tania had pointed out, if the animals associated with element also still existed, then they might get answers. She turned and nodded.

"Yes. That would be a good place to start."

Without question, Tania turned her attention beyond the buildings. Her mental voice called out softly. She tried more than once, but nothing answered her. She blinked and looked back at Diana. The girl shook her head.

"Nothing..."

No sooner had she spoken when the roof shook as something landed in the roof. Looking down at them was a Thestral. His dark blue skin listened in the light and he stared down at the humans in from of him. No...not humans. They were something different...

Terrachildren? his richly deep mental voice called out to both of the newcomers. His wings folded against his body as he gazed down upon the two.

There were rumors of your kind residing with us once again. I didn't believe them to be true. Yet, here you are...unless you are humans? he asked, lowering his head closer to the two.

"It was one if you I heard calling?[/i]

“I forgot these rocks at the waterfalls were slippery.” Sanja stated angrily as she held her shoulder. In her effort to move up steam she came across a little waterfall, no higher than two meters or so. Surrounded by moss covered rock Sanja tried to make her way up the water fall but slipped. This caused her to fall backwards landing on her back on one of the flat rocks. The wind got hit out of her and her left shoulder took most of the damage which caused her to sit on the flat rock and rest a bit.

You should let me lead you next time, make sure you don’t fall again Rai spoke creating a mental bond between them.

“Thank you Rai. Maybe you can scout ahead while I rest here for a bit?” Sanja spoke giving her companion a little smile. With her words the little blue lizard headed to the waterfall, up and over, disappearing from her sight at he went to scout ahead.

Toraz was watching carefully. Then twigs snapped behind her. She swung around, then BANG she was head-butted in the stomach. Toraz was winded, she got a tiny glimpse of the shadowy figure, but couldn't make it out. She skidded and tumbled down the landscape. Toraz landed in a loud clash. Blood gushed out from her head and mouth. Toraz got one last glimpse of Snaok, Cameron, Mae and Carissa before she fainted.

"Toraz!" Snaok yelled out.

Edited by ChocolateIzzy

Nartak pressed on through the undergrowth, both patrolling and hunting. His keen ears twitched and he paused, one paw held up and nose sniffing the air intently. He thought he had heard something. He looked around, still stiff and alert when a sudden movement caught his eyes. He whipped his head around in time to catch sight of a shadowy figure running through the trees and disappearing from sight. Nartak growled. For some reason he felt a little scared. But he shook it off. Whatever it was, it was intruding and had to be dealt with. He pattered on after it, pushing through the undergrowth and sniffing the ground as he went.

Tania smiled as the wind gently rushed passed her. She looked back at her elder Diane and smiled. The woman smiled back and chuckled. Rökkr glanced back at the two TerraChildren sitting on her back. The younger Shadow whisperer was happy to be back in the air at night. They had been flying for awhile...

It was hours later when Rökkr suddenly growled softly. Diane and Tania both snapped to attention.

What is it? she asked, as he banked to the left and flew in the opposite direction.

Windwhisper.

It took a moment for Tania to understand what he meant.

Diane tapped on her shoulder and silently pointed in the direction of a nearby hill. There stood a boy.

Tania pursed her lips together and clenched her fist. Rökkr had landed out of sight now and both girls slipped down. After a short conversation, Diane and Tania headed toward the place they'd seen the boy.

"Stay here, Tania." the elder told the younger as the reached the clearing.

Tania didn't look happy, but she stayed as asked. With a nod, she said something softly, "Fine..."

Diane nodded and cautiously made her way toward the boy.

((Tag: Rarek))

Edited by evangeline5432

Large wingbeats could be heard overhead, and Cameron became exceedingly frustrated when he was distracted once again from allowing Carissa to speak. /First Snaok, now what?/ he thinks.

His eyes grew wide with terror as he saw the huge Thestral descending from the sky. "A Nocturnian, oh no..." That could only mean the ShadowChildren, Diane and Tania. They were not very friendly on their last encounter. Cameron put on a look of determination and sent a whipping volley of wind towards the pair, acting as a warning. They may be on a Nocturnian, but the skies were his domain.

He opens a link to the nearest of the two ShadowChildren with his mind as they land. /I'm warning you now, I will defend both me and Mae, as well as our birds if you intend harm. I will not back down./ He braces himself for the expected attack.

A crack and a splash caught his attention as a figure rolled down the opposite hill into the river, unmoving. The ThunderChild? Toraz? They'd already done it. Cameron let out a battle cry and whipped an enormous volley of wind towards the creature and the ShadowChildren, old feuds becoming fresh in his mind.

Edited by Rarek

Mae turned toward Snaok, giving Cameron time to focus on Carissa. Greetings, ThunderChild, Snaok, she said through a connection with the tiger cub.

Yet, not a moment later did the large Nocturnian catch her eye. She stared up at it fearfully, glancing over at Cameron to see his reaction. She watched him with a worried gaze for a bit, then searched the sky for her Volantian.

Mae, what's going on? Faerin fluttered down near the WindChildren, landing on Mae's shoulder. She could only frown at him, unsure of how to answer him, so she just ran a finger over his small head.

Mae rose to her feet, movement catching her eye that happened to be Toraz falling. She opened her mouth to say something, but shifted her gaze to the other Wind Child as he let a burst of wind fly into the distance. Things were moving way too fast for her, and she was starting to panic.

"Cameron, what are you doing?!" she cried out, reaching for his arm and pulling him slightly, hopefully distracting him enough to snap him back to his usual self. "We don't need to be fighting!" She didn't want conflict anymore; but deep down, she knew she couldn't turn her back on Cameron if he so chose to fight still.

Cameron jolted back to reality as he felt a tug on his arm. He looked at Mae with a wild look in his eyes, desperate and frightened.

"You saw it yourself, they killed Toraz! Look!" Toraz lay completely still in the river, blood flowing from her mouth. He was watching Ri as well, trying to see what the RiverChild thought of this situation. Clearly it was time to get Carissa out of there.

Carissa! Fly back to me, and quickly! Toraz appears to be dead, and I cannot afford for you to get caught in the crossfire. The falcon took off and took a wide circle away from the approaching ShadowChildren before coming back around and landing on his shoulder and giving a screech. He turns back to Mae.

"If we sit here, we'll suffer the same fate as Toraz, and we cannot let that happen. I won't let it happen. If those murderous ShadowChildren wish to kill us, they'll have to try really hard, cause I'm not going to lay down and surrender." His gaze spilled determination and stubbornness, his fiercely loyal and protecting side showing.

((wait guys she aint dead! she fainted and is losing blood!))

Snaok growled and ran to Toraz. Not caring about the world he focused on Toraz. Come on Toraz look at me come on. Stay with me! Snaok gently moved her head towards him. Toraz opened her eyes slowy. Snaok... she said faintly to Snaok.

Shh Toraz don't talk! Snaok looked over to the WindChildren. What are you waiting for? Come help Toraz! Snaok called to them.

((Izzy, you have a huge window to bring Snaok into action. And also, some people become absent because of RL and so on. I know I do on occasion.))

((Watch ya mean by that? ahh he could have given an excuse for the more than 2 week absence xd.png))

Snaok worried What do I do? What do I do? Thats right! Toraz told me certain types of moss stops bleeding! The soft purple kind or the thick green type or the stringy blue species? I think the purple creates loads of pus and the green is poisonous. Must be the blue Snaok ran along the outskirts of the river searching for the blue moss. Snaok remembered. They only grow where the oceqn meets the river. He ran like the wind towards the intersection wher the ocean meets the lapping river.

Snaok spotted the stringy blue moss at the rocks. Crap the moss is poisonous to cats! How I carry it? Ah ha! Green moss isn't poisonous to me! I'll carry it in green moss! Snaok grabbed some green moss and handled the moss bundle in his mouth and ran to Toraz. He carefully applied the blue moss without the green touching her. The effect was almost immediate. Her bleeding stop but she still lost a lot of blood.Anyone help!

Edited by ChocolateIzzy

Cameron jolted back to reality as he felt a tug on his arm. He looked at Mae with a wild look in his eyes, desperate and frightened.

"You saw it yourself, they killed Toraz! Look!" Toraz lay completely still in the river, blood flowing from her mouth. He was watching Ri as well, trying to see what the RiverChild thought of this situation. Clearly it was time to get Carissa out of there.

Carissa! Fly back to me, and quickly! Toraz appears to be dead, and I cannot afford for you to get caught in the crossfire. The falcon took off and took a wide circle away from the approaching ShadowChildren before coming back around and landing on his shoulder and giving a screech. He turns back to Mae.

"If we sit here, we'll suffer the same fate as Toraz, and we cannot let that happen. I won't let it happen. If those murderous ShadowChildren wish to kill us, they'll have to try really hard, cause I'm not going to lay down and surrender." His gaze spilled determination and stubbornness, his fiercely loyal and protecting side showing.

Mae frowned at him, glancing at over at the river. She was silent for a moment, watching Snaok run about, but her mind was elsewhere. She met Cameron's gaze. "If it comes to that, then.. let it come." While Mae didn't like the thought of conflict, she couldn't just turn her back on him, not after looking out for each other for this long already.

((would be nice if we had posters! its been a week since last story post!))

Snaok ran to Mae. Can you help me tend to Toraz? I don't care if I'm a thunder creature! I just need to help Toraz with all the help I can get!

He gripped his teeth lightly into Mae's clothes. Snaok started tugging her in tne direction of Toraz. He looked cautiously at Cameron and growled.

Toraz screamed. The pain owwwww! HELP its killing me! Toraz clutched her sides and rolled in the water. Her screaming seemed to go on. The pain striking out all over her body like lightning searing through her veins.

((I'm kinda lost on what is going on here? Plus I'm also waiting for the other RiverChild to post))

((basically everyone terrachild is at the river but Storm! Post I kinda need you to! I need any terrachild to post after my posts Drama gots ta love it xd.png))

Nartak prowled after the figure, which was keeping a steady pace ahead and just within the canirasi's eyesight. His ears twitched, picking up the sounds of a distant commotion far down the river, but he ignored it, as it was too far off for him to be worried with it. He was approaching the main river, a large rushing mass of water which his target had already somehow crossed. Nartak growled and started running, scaling a tree trunk in two quick leaps, running across the first branch he could find, leaping and landing on all fours on the riverbank, his hind paws in the water. With such an obstacle cleared easily with the aid of a tree, he broke into a run, now looking to overtake the figure.

The shadowy figure heard Nartak chasing after it. It grabbed branches and rocks and whatever it could find and placed obstacles for Nartak. It climbed up a tree and continously started to tree hop among the hoghest branches. It jumped down and slowed its running until Nartak was on its heels. It lasted the chase then the figure gained some speed. It kicked dust, dirt and rocks at the canirasi behind it. Hoping to slow it down before using sharp teeth and sharp claws to tear apart Nartak.