Rarek

The TerraChildren Saga

Mae stood as Carissa took off. She quickly called out to her sparrow, /Be careful, Faer./ He let out a cry from the clouds in reply, though it was enough to relieve her. She watched the sky for a moment as they dissapeared out of sight, then looked at Cameron again. Stretching her arms, she nodded, implying that she was ready to start out, willing to follow him wherever it was they were to go.

Cameron nods in acknowledgement and sets out in the direction of the birds high above, following the coastline. The wind whistles by, wrapping itself around the two WindChildren. He always felt so thankful to be a WindChild, there was always air around you, and you didn't have to rely on anything for it to be there. It was just always there. He flicked his hand through the air playfully, creating small currents and patterns in the winds.

"Do you think we'll be able to find the RiverChildren quickly Mae?" He was genuinely curious as to his fellow WindChild's thoughts on the matter, since the RiverChildren tended to be the most unpredictable travelers out of the four elements, having rivers and channels all over Aetius that they tended to follow.

Sanja stood knee deep in the waters of the ocean with closed eyes. Her legs were aching from her walk, the sands weren't the most easiest to walk on. Thou it made her legs strong and capable to walk for hours, even run for long periods.

Opening her eyes she looked at the scene in front of her. The cliffs were coming in sight now but she could also make an outline of light next to it, indicating there is a river. She took a risk going there near the WindChildrens domain but she need to see if th settlement there was still standing and a place to stay for the night.

Rai swam around Sanja ejoying the water himself, splashing as he tried to chase a fish. Looking up towards his owner he wondered what she was thinking, wondering if she had a plan..

((We finally have our final RiverChild, SapfireWolf! If you mention the RiverChildren, we now have two, so please take note.))

Storm watched Nartak and Toraz, being extremely careful to spot the former's actions. It was strange that it didn't want to calm down and was agressive EVEN when they were of the same element and he wouldn't dare attack him - except if he was attacked by it. He then turned to Toraz after hearing her out. "I don't think I'll come with you. I'm going to rest a bit, then check once again around the town. Though he looks very agile and willing to go." Storm spoke, slightly pointing toward Nartak with his gaze and hand before returning into the room he came out of. His eyes shut as he lied on the bed, wondering what were the other TerraChildren up to.

Mae closed her eyes for a brief moment, letting the wind swirl through her hair. She loved the feeling that her element always brought her. She opened her eyes again, looking over at Cameron. She considered the question for a moment, then shrugged. "If we're lucky we will," she replied, turning to scan the landscape for any movement. It depended on where the RiverChildren were, and that could be anywhere. "If we don't, there's always a chance we could run into one of the others, right?"

Toraz nodded "Get as much rest as you need, Nartak guard the place and NO fighting!" Snaok lead out with Toraz right behind him. Toraz pointed Over there in the woods Snaok nodded. They walked over to the woods and started hunting. Toraz quietly pointed Deer up ahead should we hunt? Snaok silently nodded. Toraz stepped foward towards the deer. She saw it sniffling some roots and charged up her bow and shot at it. Target shot in the head, declared dead Toraz smiled. Snaok said to Toraz well done now I'm gonna go hunt something, I see a fat squirrel I'll hunt. Toraz grabbed the deer and telepathically told Snaok to help carry the deer back. Snaok unhappily gave up his hunt but without complain walked towards Toraz and helped carry the deer. When they got back Toraz skinned and guttered the deer outside and fed the entrails and skin to Snaok but left some aside for Nartak. She left the head outside for Snaok. Toraz cut the meat into chunks so she could fit in the fridge. Snaok was still happy to hunt once more.

((is this okay?))

Edited by ChocolateIzzy

((Butbut Storm and Nartak missed out on the hunt D: And it doesn't leave much for me to play off...))

((Snaok said he was happy to hunt more. You could take him out again.))

((Yeah I did and i'm about to now!))

Toraz fell on the bed and slept. Snaok said to Nartak Want to go hunt while their asleep? But not before you eat what Toraz left for you. Snaok gestured towards the door longing for a better hunt.

Nartak pattered to the door as quietly as his long claws would allow and snuffled through what had been left over. Finding some decent bits, he ate what he wanted and left the rest. I'll hunt. But don't expect much because it hurts to move, he said as he trotted towards the forest, leaving deep paw prints in the mud.

Ri looked down into the river, wondering whether or not he should consider asking any of the creatures that were there if they could point him in the right direction to the ocean. He didn't remember the way back, so he'd need help if he wanted to go to Sanja again, assuming she had stayed there. He hadn't been able to after he started hearings rumors about how the war had ended, with the Aetians wiping themselves out.

Ever since then he'd wandered, hoping to find some sign that the rumors weren't true. But since the settlements he'd discovered was abandoned, with no one at all responding as he'd called, he'd finally had to accept that the rumors were true. That or he'd just been unlucky enough to avoid running into a village that was't destroyed, but Ri had to admit, that was unlikely, and he'd be a fool if he activally tried to convince himself of that.

He straightened up and pushed his bangs out of his eyes, uncertain of whether or not he actually wanted to return to the ocean. He wanted another person's company, but he was afraid of going back and finding out that Sanja was gone, and he couldn't track her down again. He knew there was a chance that the other TerraChildren were still alive, but he didn't know if any of them would welcome him.

After a few minutes, he decided to continue following the river, figuring he'd make up his mind soon. It wasn't like it'd hurt to continue this way for a bit longer.

((I hope this is alright.))

Snaok nodded and raced after Nartak. I see a squirrel! I catch it. Snaok stalked the squirrel quietly, then pounce Snaok caught it and placed it infront of Nartak. Eat whilst I hunt for more. Snaok headed towards some noisy brambles. Then something came out of the bramble and pounced on top of Snaok. In a fury of hisses, stratches and bites Snaok fought off his attacker. It was a young dynamian, about ½ year old abandoned seeing Snaok smelt that there was only one. Nartak help!

Nartak's ears pricked as he heard a noise and then Snaok's cry for help. His instinct to protect pack members kicked in and he tore towards the brambles, leaping branches and at one point skidding under a low one. Jumping onto a mossy boulder he could see the attacker. Quite young, but by no means weak. Nartak roared and leapt from the boulder, charging at the Dynamian head on.

Whilst the Dynamian was distracted Snaok kicked it off. Snaok kept hissing at it while Nartak was charging.

Nartak rammed the Dynamian right in the side, tossing his head upwards as he did so and throwing the opponent into the air. The Dynamian hit the ground with a thud and cried out in pain and anger, baring its teeth. Nartak was upon it as soon as he could, looking to tear out its throat. His opponent was equipped with long claws as well and being constantly kicked with them left Nartak with several long, deep scratches. The opponent too was aiming to tear out Nartak's jugular and the two snapping at one another was quite an intimidating sight.

Snaok clawed the Dynamian's throat whilst it had forgotten he was there. It yelped and turn angrily at Snaok, eyes hungrily wanted his blood Nartak NOW!.

Nartak lunged down and grabbed the young Dynamian's throat, pinning the nearly helpess animal to the ground. The Dynamian yelped and tried to pull away, no longer wanting blood and now looking just to escape. But years of living alone and constantly being rejected had hardened Nartak into an almost unfeeling beast with the pleasure of seeing another suffer. He bit down harder and sudden pulled back, letting the Dynamian drop to the ground, dead.

((I suppose we should wait a bit for others to catch up :3))

((when we get back to they house yes!))

Thanks he would have killed me! Snaok said to Nartak. He pointed towards the town I think irs best we go home now. I'm gonna stop off at the food store and get some lamb meat. You sleep ok?. Snaok said as he walked towards the food store and got some lamb. He then went home and put the lamb in the fridge then slept on the rightside of the bed in his and Nartak's bedroom.

• Minimum six sentences per post.

(( Would just like to remind everyone of this rule. SapfireWolf, your post is fine, welcome to the roleplay. We'll try to get you integrated as soon as we can.))

Cameron nods at Mae. "I suppose there is always that chance. If I recall right, one of the ThunderChildren was the youngest of us, and is slightly unpredictable. I know the other is older and may keep Toraz in line, but we still may find ourselves seeing ThunderChildren before RiverChildren."

He wondered if he preferred this, thinking it through. To say he was anxious to meet any of them would be a lie. He was frightened of what the other TerraChildren may do if they actually did find each other, and especially if he and Mae found the ShadowChildren. Tania and Diane were very difficult to pin down as to their intentions, staying true to their element and keeping their thoughts masterfully cloaked from prying telepaths. He shivered as he remembered the ferocity with which the Wind army fought the Shadow army, and the looks of betrayal the ShadowChildren had given him. They would not be friendly when they met.

A screech from above however drew his attention. It was Carissa, as she opened a link to him and Mae. /WindKin, I've found one, following the nearby river. It looks like Ri./

Cameron looked shocked. So he wasn't missing after all. He gulped and looked at Mae, unsure of what to do.

Edited by Rarek

((sapfirewolf I hope you're ok with this "history" party))

With a splash Sanja’s feet stepped into the river that lead out to the ocean. She had finally reached the river mouth after her long walk hoping to finally find someone this time. She and Ri had split up some time ago to cover more ground to see if they could find anyone. Hopefully they will meet up soon, she would like the have some person to person interaction.

“Rai can you see if can sense something?” Sanja asked as she took a seat on one of the larger rocks. Of course the little blue lizard informed her as he started crawling up some rocks. Standing on one of the higher rocks Rai flicked his fork like tongue out tasting the air. Doing it a couple of times he crawled back down sitting in front of Sanja.

There are three familiar scents in the air. I’m not sure who they are the oceans is blocking them a bit Rai informed his owner.

“Then we better follow the river up. Maybe its Ri? Thou it might be one of the other TerraChildren.” Sanja spoke standing up and stretching her legs. Sighing she started walking again.

Honestly, Mae didn't think they would find any of the other children so soon. But maybe it was for the best? She exchanged a glance with Cameron, to see that he was as lost as she was in terms of what to do.

Mae turned to watch the sky for a second, thinking. "Well, I guess we go find him," she said quietly. There wasn't anything else she could think to do. After all, they'd set out to find the others, and there was a RiverChild not far up ahead. She gave Cameron a small smile. "Luck's on our side, huh?" But how the RiverChild would react-- that was the question.

Toraz woke up lazily. She decided to refill Storm's and her drink bottle at the river. Toraz is sick of the funny tasting tap water that is in the building. Snaok come with me, I'm lnly going to fill our drink bottles at the river and I need company. Snaok nodded and got up silently not awaking Nartak. They would be right back only filling water bottles up. So they walked off into the forest towards the river when suddenly Snaok growls. What? What do you smell? Snaok looked at Toraz. I see two people! Snaok pointed at the two. Ri! Sanji! What are they doing here! Toraz lay her hand on her bow and creeped to the side of the bushes hoping not to be noticed by Ri seeing as Sanja is far a bit down the river.

Edited by ChocolateIzzy

[[ Cameron and Mae are near the ocean; Ri is by the river; and Sanja is by the mouth of said river, ChocolateIzzy. ]]