Rarek

The TerraChildren Saga

The TerraChildren Saga

Elements in the story were influenced by Erin Hunter's Warriors series. The rest is entirely original.

PLOT:

Aetius sits quietly and serenely nestled in a planetary system with her two sister worlds, a small moon gently floating over the azure sky. Aetius has been civilized for quite some time now, as a humanoid race and many flora and fauna inhabit the surface. The Aetians live in one harmonious planet-wide community, especially considering the small size of their planet. They do have their arguments from time to time, but in general, they are mostly very friendly to each other.

One day however, it was discovered that a 12 year old had developed strange abilities, not only to be able to speak to others without words, but to any living thing. The news was a great shock to the Aetian world, only to discover more and more children continuing to appear with similar abilities.

Eventually, eight children were born from completely separate genetic lines. Each one of them became more and more sensitive as they aged and eventually gained a special sensitivity to an element of nature, and their telepathic abilities tuned to different creatures. These eight were known as the "TerraChildren", and were believed to lead their civilization into a new age.

And that they did, but only after shattering the peaceful community into four factions. Writings and paintings portrayed them as sons and daughters of the elements themselves, and in pairs they became the RiverChildren, the WindChildren, the ThunderChildren, and the ShadowChildren. The four factions grew to hate one another, turning against each other in order to assert the dominance of their own celebrated element. The factions warred for three years, where none of them seemed to gain an advantage over the others.

At the age of 15, the TerraChildren began to notice changes in their ability to use their telepathic abilities. It slowly began to weaken at an even pace for all eight of them. As a result, the TerraChildren had to leave their followers behind to travel to the areas of the continent where their elements truly dominate over the others in order to regain the ability they had lost. The ShadowChildren went to the caves, the RiverChildren went to the ocean, the WindChildren went to the coastal cliffs, and the ThunderChildren went to the mountain peaks.

The hatred that developed as a result of the TerraChildren's arrival did not subside when the TerraChildren left. In the year they were gone, the leaderless factions flew into chaos, and as a result, were entirely wiped out through endless unguided violence. When the TerraChildren returned, there was nothing left of their once peaceful world.

And so, the TerraChildren are alone with nobody but themselves.

And so begins our story.

SIGNIFICANT FLORA / FAUNA:

Nocturnians: The creatures of the night and darkness. Aetius has various creatures which are often dark in colour and only appear in darkness. A few plants are also Nocturnians, blooming and flowering only once the sun sets. These creatures are able to communicate with the greatest ease with the ShadowChildren.

Aquans: The creatures of the seas. A wide variety of these plants and animals are very similar to Earth creatures with a few exceptions, which include some incredibly immense animals on a scale which would normally be impossible under Earthen gravity. These creatures are able to communicate with the greatest ease with the RiverChildren.

Volantians: The creatures of the skies. Some of these are massive creatures, filling the skies with their tent-like wings. Others are as small as a fingernail. Incredible feats of nature also allow a few plants to be carried by the wind, adapted to gathering light closer to the sun and the sky. These creatures are able to communicate with the greatest ease with the WindChildren.

Dynamians: Creatures made of pure energy. These beings are able to think and feel just like any other living plant or animal, but are composed solely of light and heat. These creatures are able to communicate with the greatest ease with the ThunderChildren.

ELEMENTS:

RiverChild telepathy: Allows for honed telepathic abilities with aquatic animals, as well as basic telepathy with the rest of the creatures. Has mild control over water in any form, no more than simple kinesis.

ShadowChild telepathy: Allows for honed telepathic abilities with nocturnal animals, as well as basic telepathy with the rest of the creatures. Has mild control over light of all kind, no more than simple bending of light itself to create darkness.

WindChild telepathy: Allows for honed telepathic abilities with flying animals, as well as basic telepathy with the rest of the creatures. Has mild control over air of all kind, no more than simple kinesis.

ThunderChild telepathy: Allows for honed telepathic abilities with energy based animals, as well as basic telepathy with the rest of the creatures. Has mild control over electricity, no more than simple kinesis.

RULES:

• No Godmodding / Power Playing
  • No killing other writers' characters without permission from said writer.
  • Mild forms of cursing acceptable. Outright profanity is not.
  • Minimum six sentences per post.
  • Spelling and Grammar are at decent levels.
  • PM me your character sheet. DO NOT POST IN TOPIC.
  • No character age outside of 16 - 30.
  • Spam of any kind will receive a warning, and then removal from RP.
  • I reserve the right to remove you at any time from the RP
  • I reserve the right to add, edit, or remove rules as required.
FORMS:

TerraChild:

Username:

Character Name:

Small Pet Creature: (Optional)

Appearance: (Please link images)

Element:

Brief History:

[b][u]TerraChild:[/u][/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b] 
[b]Age: [/b](No younger than 16, no older than 30)
[b]Gender: [/b]
[B]Small Pet Creature: [/B](Optional)
[b]Appearance: [/b](Please link images)
[b]Element: [/b]
[b]Brief History: [/b]

Creature:

Username:

Character Name:

Species:

Species Type:

Appearance: (Please link images)

Brief History:

[b][u]Creature:[/u][/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Species Type: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b](Please link images)
[b]Brief History: [/b]

Edited by Rarek

RiverChildren

1) DragonSpirit009

2) SapfireWolf

WindChildren

1) Rarek

2) WolfLover8

ThunderChildren

1) ChocolateIzzy

2) SkullKrusher

ShadowChildren

1) Fortune86

2) Evangeline5432

Creatures:

1) Rampaging Wyvern (Dynamian)

2) (Volantian)

3) (Aquan)

4) (Nocturnian)

Approved Characters

Character Type: TerraChild

Username: Rarek

Character Name: Cameron

Small Pet Creature: Carissa, Ice-blue falcon with a large wingspan.

Appearance: Picture Coming Soon

Element: Wind

Brief History: Cameron was one of the first TerraChildren, and a rarer male figure within the few. He grew up with his family on a small farm before moving to the big city. His gift was quickly discovered, and he eventually gained a comrade, a falcon he named Carissa.

Username: Chocolateizzy

Character name: Toraz

Small Pet Creature: Snaok, tiger cub with bright blue eyes

Appearance: Pretty brunette with wavy hair blue eyes and a slim figure with beautiful skin and strong arms and legs (she can last running and swimming for a while)

Element: Thunder

Creature Species: Tiger (cub not full grown)

Creature Name: Snaok

Description: Cutest tiger cub anyone has ever seen, Brightest of all blue eyes and distinctive stripes

Username: Evangeline5432

Character Name: Tania

Appearance: Tania

Element: Shadow

Brief History: Will be Rp'd

Character Name: Rökkr

Species: Thestral

Species Type: Shadow

Appearance: Rökkr

Brief History: Rökkr's species can only be seen by those who have been through great pain. Not much is known about him, he tends to stay away from most, but he has befriended the Terrachild, Tania.

Username: WolfLover8

Character Name: Mae

Appearance: A bit small for her age, thin and wispy. She has light blonde hair that goes down to her shoulders and very light blue eyes. She often has a small sparrow sitting on her shoulder. (will have a pic soon)

Element: Wind

Brief History: She grew up in a small area of Aetius that was rather quiet, more so than usual for the peaceful planet. She has no memory of her parents, but the village was her family. When she discovered her strange ppower, she became more timid, and generally didn't talk to many of the people, but instead to her constant companion-- her sparrow, Faerin, whom she raised from a hatchling. But the people admired her still. When the violence broke out between the four factions, she was strongly against it, but did little against it, hiding behind her allegiance to her people. She was somewhat happy to go off to her own separate part of the world, away from the violence-- unaware of what she would come back to.

Username: Fortune86

Character Name: Diane

Appearance: Diane

Element: Shadow

Brief History: To be RP’d.

Username: SkullKrusher

Character Name: Storm

Appearance: Storm

Element: Lightning

Brief History: To be roleplayed/RP'd.

Username: DragonSpirit009

Character Name: Sanja

Small Pet Creature: Rai- A small aquatic lizard capable to live in water and land. He is the size of a small dog more or less

Appearance: Sanja | Rai

Element: Water

Brief History: Will be RP’d

Username: SapfireWolf

Character Name: Ri (His full name is Marius, but he prefers his nickname.)

Appearance: Ri

Element: Water

Brief History: Will be RP'ed.

Character Type: Creature

Username: Rampaging Wyvern

Character Name: Nartak

Species: Canirasi

Species Type: Dynamian

Appearance: A black, long-furred canid with abnormabally long fangs and four red eyes, consisting of a normal pair and a pair of smaller ones directly in front. His paws have long claws on them. He has two very fine horns behind each ear, the right one of which is broken in half. He has a long, thick tail, used for steering when he runs, and a scar on his muzzle. He is slightly thin.

Brief History: Chased from his pack after losing a dominance fight, Nartak was forced to live by his wits. Other packs turned him down wherever he looked to join them, and he became a target for many larger predators.

Edited by Rarek

I have a question: in the ThunderChild part of the Elements section, what exactly is a "energy based animal"?

Energy based animals are creatures that are not made of solid material. They hold the shape of an animal or plant, and have thought patterns, so they could be considered living organisms.

I'll add a Flora / Fauna section.

Hello, Rarek. I'm Gist, and I'll be your Approver today.

I cannot perform a full-blown critique at this time.

However, I will say that this is a superb roleplay. I see a few spelling/homophonal errors that need to be corrected. Comb through the RP, find all you can, and post when you are ready. You're close to Approval. smile.gif

Hello Gist.

I looked through three or four times, and could not retrieve the errors you speak of. Could you confirm the errors were not intentional (aquans, dynamians, nocturnians for example are spelled as such on purpose). Could you also confirm Earthen is the correct word?

When you have time, I'd appreciate further guidance as to my errors. I appreciate the compliments on the role play. smile.gif

Thank you,

Rarek

After a combthrough, I found only:

... similar ability.

Ability should be plural.

... water/air of all kind.

There is more than one type of water/air?

I can confirm that "Earthen" is the correct word.

Also:

... four sentences per post.

This is a very small limit in my opinion. Let me give you an example:

Felix stood there at the lapping shore, his bare feet chilled by the water washing over them. He took in a deep breath, making sure that he could open both his heart and mind to the elements. Without abandon, he began to wade deeper into the salty spray which he considered home. Soon, he began to hear a faint babbling of voices and calls, beckoning him closer to the eternal blue; a smile broke on his face as nostalgia and relief bowled him over - he thought his gift was forever lost.

That was four sentences. Is this the minimum amount of writing you want to expect out of a roleplayer? It is your choice what to do with this critique.

Please post when you have completed the edits.

- Ability changed to abilities

- Water of any kind changed to "in any form" (ice, liquid, vapor)

- Four changed to six (yes I believe that is an appropriate length)

I do believe however that there are different types of air, as it can be lighter or heavier depending on the composition. I therefore left that as is.

Edited by Rarek

Thank you! happy.gif Sent you a message back for your PMs.

Now accepting character applications!

I applied but just saying have you used the WindChildren, RiverChildren, ShadowChildren and WindChildren off Warrior cats idea? I love it anyway xd.png

Elements in the story were influenced by Erin Hunter's Warriors series. The rest is entirely original.

Yes I did wink.gif

I'll be reviewing applications today, sending you all messages back

I just saw that bit up the top Derp xd.png

also does this mean we RP when everyone fills in the spots?

We'll be starting the roleplay as soon as I post the introduction. I'll begin when I see enough of the slots full to make it work.

The TerraChildren Saga is filling up quickly! Room for a few more TerraChildren and five creatures! I hope to start tomorrow with my opening post.

Edited by Rarek

((Creatures are mentioned in the Flora / Fauna section. They are the plants and animals that inhabit Aetius subdivided as the Nocturnians, Aquans, Volantians and Dynamians))

((Sorry, I meant are they just plain animals or supernatural? We going to see warewolves and dragons in this?))

((Ah. The Dynamians are already supernatural, but creatures can be of any shape or form. The only limitation is that they do not have any powers or abilities. Things like really strong and really agile are allowed however))

((So we can make up our own animals for our 'element', but nothing with magic powers or whatever?))

((That's correct. I'll leave it up to you if you wish to create a creature, but yeah, so long as it's natural, it's allowed))

Aetius silently drifts through space as a quiet, civilization-free world. The remnants of the once peaceful people now lie in the warbringers, the eight known as the TerraChildren. Together they remain on this world devoid of civilized species, living in harmony with the creatures and vegetation. But the search for peace may not be easy. Since childhood, the TerraChildren were bitter enemies with all but their common partners of the elements, and now they must learn once again how to bring peace to a hostile and unforgiving world.

Cameron stood on the cliffs overlooking the sea, the friendly winds blowing around him, engulfing him in a gentle embrace. This was his domain, the territory that served as a playground for the creatures and beings of the WindChildren. He always felt safer and more secure with the company of the wind, and of course his childhood falcon friend. Carissa's screech followed the wind, moving and flowing with it with a gentle grace that could only have come from a Volantian. Her streamlined ice blue form came into view as she dove from the clouds. Cameron held out his arm and Carissa made a perfect landing on it, moving up to his shoulder. There they stood, the TerraChild and the Volantian, watching the raging seas as the winds shaped them however they pleased.

His domain. His playground.

Edited by Rarek

Diane stood in the doorway of her former house. The table that had been the center piece of the room had been broken in half, the two sides lying ungainly on the floor. Shards of earthenware littered the ground on torn rugs and tapestries. There was a thick layer of dust on everything, but even the silvery glean could not hide the scorch marks.

She wrapped her shawl around herself and stepped inside towards the far door. When Diane tried to push it open it stuck after only a few inches. Something heavy had fallen down and blocked its path. Diana stepped back and looked up the stairway. Blood, long since dried, adorned the runner.

For a while Diane stood alone in the silence and simply gazed at the mess. Eventually she broke out of her reverie and went back outside. She didn't know why she had come here. It hadn't been her home for years.

((Hope this is okay.))

Edited by Fortune86

(( Looks good to me

EDIT: TerraChildren can now have a SMALL pet which will not count towards the creature count. PM if you'd like to add one. ))

Edited by Rarek

Mae stretched up onto her toes, reaching a slender arm to brush her palm across the leaves. While she felt at home with her own element, she'd always held an interest in trees, mainly because she'd lived her childhood hiding among them. The soft leaves tickled her skin; she smiled as a gust of wind rustled the branches, claiming back her arm and rocking back on her feet. She turned her head as an echoing screech reached her ears from the sky. Turning with a simple grace, Mae leaned back against the bark of the tree and gazed up toward the top of the cliff as Faerin, who had been sitting among the leaves, jumped from his perch to circle her once and fly up into the wind in the general direction of the cliff.