Thaelasan

A Kingdom Forged Is a Kingdom Earned

It has been a thousand years since the events of the Vanthrall War. Much has changed since those grand times, before the Glorious Transformation.

You have been chosen, child. You have been given the vast knowledge of an ancient civilization, and the ability to harness it. You, among others will rise from the ashes of the world and begin your claim to power. All is not right, here, however. There is no peace in Candor.

My name is King Davian Lendal, and you, my child, were one of many I chose to lead my new castles. You earned the right, and showed me that you were worthy of your new title. I hope you wear it with pride.

The kingdom is vast, but I want to see your kingdom flourish more than mine. I have already given you people from my army, food for you to begin, and wood for you to build homes. Raising a city is difficult, but you must do so if we are to flourish as a species again.

Oh, you are worried about the dangers of the Outside? Of the world beyond the walls of Raldunis? Do not fret, child. The dragons will not harm you unless you harm them. Besides, like me, you all have the blood of them within you, and it will strengthen your skills. That is your destiny.

Me? I cannot do what you are born to do. My place is here, as your watcher and protector. Should you have need of me, just return here and ask me whatever you must. Yet, I know you will not need my help. You are wise, and you are brave. Each of you will be grand Kings and Queens.

Now, here, my servants will fetch you. You may choose which castle you desire, and what your kingdom will be named. You may choose which species of people you wish to lead in the castle, but be warned, some species cannot live near another.

Humanity is only one of the many species we must strive to defend. I am entrusting you personally, EACH of you, with protecting them and helping them grow.

A great darkness is coming upon us soon, a shadowy presence I have seen in nightmares. When it comes, you must all be prepared, you must hold down the last bastions of life in this world.

The Vanthrall War was only the beginning.

----

You were born a child in the midst of a Glorious Transformation, a reformation movement in order to rebuild Candor, your world of birth. You are of different choices and different lives, but somehow you showed your King, King Davian Lendal, that you were worthy of his choice. You have been given a list of castles, but this is only now.

Once the castles have been chosen, time will move forward to the present time, the time we are currently in. I am showing you a vision of the past, back when times were not so close to the End, a time when you had a future.

A time when you had a destiny.

But who were you? Before all of this insanity plagued us, and before the Demon Graul returned to the world, what was your choice? Who were you going to be?

Why did you do it at all?

Castle locations:

The Center: Thaelasan. Name: Raldunis.

The Shoreline: Astrodeath311. Name: Aquarius

The Mountain: (note: only dragons will flourish here)

The Wastes: Lore Master. Name: Vigilance.

The Forest: Chicbecause. Name: Evengale.

The Lakeside:

The Tundra: Skullkrusher. Name: Blazeforge.

The Prairie: Takhesis. Name: Windholme.

-----

Species:

(Astrodeath311) Aquasals: A species of fish-men who are skilled at swimming and trading. They are normally sailors, masters of the ocean. They will benefit most in Shoreline and Lakeside castle.

Dragons: Well-known reptilian beasts with massive wings. Made of different varieties, they vicious fighters and good for transportation. They are astounding in the mountain castle.

(Lore Master) Humans: A species known for its willpower, tenacity, and determination. They helped the rest of the races defeat Graul's brother, Ranus, and send him back to Hell.

(Takhesis) Nephelisi: A species of bird-like people who are very pacifistic when it comes to most warriors, but are very agile and tough. They are a wise race who pray to gods and foresee fates.

(SkullKrusher) Gruns: This race of snow-loving people have two hearts, but other than that, they appear to be human. They are grand hunters.

(Chicbecause) Elves: This race of elegant, noble people are taller than most other races and are prized archers. They hold nature above all else.

(Thaelasan) Dragonkin: A race of hybrid dragon-humans blessed with the powers of dragons and their strength. It is hard to earn their trust, but they will follow you til the end if you do.

----

You may possess more than one of each species. Name your castles what you will. You will one day rise to battle the demons, but today you will choose your fates.

I am giving you the chance to change time. You may take it. Fill out this sheet, and I will rewrite history.

Username:

Character Name:

Species:

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Name of your castle:

Other:

What is the name of your king?:

---

You must rise again, mortal. The fate of the world rests in your hands.

Edited by Thaelasan

Username: Lore_Master

Character Name: Logan Mithais

Species: Humans

Appearance: Logan is around 5'11, and has an average build size, with tanned skin, brown hair and brown eyes. He doesn't dress like a lord, wearing cloths that covers his entire head and leather armor at all hours of the day when outside. In the castle however, he removes the headgear and some of the bulkier parts of the armor. He always has a longsword at his side.

Personality: Logan is resourceful and pragmatic, willing to do some morally questionable things if it means the good of his whole race. He is generous and fair to his people, but harsh and brutal to those who would take advantage of that good will nature.

History: Logan was born into the only known enclave of humans left within the world, where survival meant everything. During his teens, he and several other individuals began researching ways to hunt demons and how they could use every part of their body as food and supplies. Eventually, that research branched into other things. By the time he was nineteen, the quality of life was very slowly starting to get better. It was then he was 'summoned.'

Castle: Vigilance

Other: Vigilance is an example of human ingenuity and resourcefulness. Standing in the middle the wastelands, the whole thing was made out of a common, yet tough stone-like material that can withstand whatever the wastes throw at it. Vigilance serves as a hub, where all can come and figure out the mysteries of the waste.

What is the name of your king?: King Davian Lendal.

Edited by Lore_Master

(( My Senpai Lore Master noticed me. ohmy.gif

Anyway, in a basic sense, who were you before the great king chose you? Basically, the time mage Valthor, in an attempt to rewrite the future where we lost - yes, where you failed and we fell to shadow - collected the kings and queens who survived the battle and gave them another chance. Using a spell, he will rewrite history and make it where we start at year one of five before the grand Demon Graul comes to destroy the world.

We are from a future where he succeeded, but maybe this time we can win. ))

(( Sorry for the double post. CHARACTER SHEETS:

Username: cb

Character name: Xiri

Species: Elf

Appearance: http://m494.photobucket.com/image/fantasy-...lf.jpg.html?o=2 She stands around 5ft10, with a fragile looking build that reminds you of a glass doll and makes you afraid to raise your voice around her for fear she might shatter. Despite the look of fragileness, she is a rather strong girl for her size. Her voice has a British accent. She always wears long flowing gowns of various shades of green. Nothing overly embellished or formal, but the air in which she walks gives her a radiance of beauty and authority. She always has strung on her back a bow and quiver of arrows, of which she has great skill in, and keeps a dagger strung on her belt.

Personality: Determined, headstrong, noble. She puts her honor and people first no matter the circumstances.

History: 18,516 years of history is to long to write in one post, maybe if I had 5 I could fit in the condensed version.

Name of your castle: Evengale.

Other: Evengale is really more like an entire collection of hundreds of small and lovely castles all carved out of some form of precious stone, bound together by wide marble roads. In the center stands a large beautiful palace made of pearl and covered in ivy. The palace's first floor is a large garden, with a cathedral like roof. Most every outer wall in the palace is merely pillars every ten feet, to allow a as much sun in as possible. Evendale is located in the very center of the forest and provides a magical barrier to protect the forest. Several streams run through the forest, all meeting in the pearl palace, and falling down into a crystal lake that sits beneath the palace garden. The tops of the castles and palace reach high above the tall trees, and create a rather entrancing sight.

Name of your king: King Davian Lendal.

Username: Thaelasan

Character Name: King Davian Lendal

Species: Dragonkin

Appearance: A wise looking individual whose age has not marred his regal form. He has only reached a fraction of his life-span. His eyes are of a black and spacial hue, with stars reflected in them. He has the wings and horns of the Nebula dragon, as was his chosen aspect. Of course, as with all dragonkin, those colors may change if he so wishes.

His hair is tied backward in the fashion of the kings of the Lendal lineage, creating a long ponytail that splits over his horns and cascades down his back.

Personality: Davian was the first king to choose peace over warfare after the events of Vanthrall left his kingdom almost in ruins. His father, King Aldon Lendal, was slain in the battle, but proclaimed a war hero. Although Davian also battled, he did not think he was worthy of the victory. He is modest, yet honorable in combat. His slow decision making may anger some of his delegates at times, but he always chooses the right path for the situation, so they do not complain. He is the father-type of King.

History: Davian was born before Raldunis was even conceived, and his father and mother were just nobles living within the castle walls of the Kingdom of Vanthrall. As a young fledgeling, he spent days running along the streets of the glorious city, before Vanthrall became a militarized zone.

The change was sudden. Almost immediately, it went into lockdown. Shocked and fearful, Davian's parents fled for their lives from the king's sudden change from kind ruler to wicked tyrant.

They went west, to where Raldunis was finally built, on a hill surrounded on three sides by Lake Nalmere. The people who fled Vanthrall were of assorted species, but together they finally built a new castle to live and thrive in. Yet, Vanthrall was still shrouded in shadow, and more and more people were migrated out of it to Raldunis. Everyone wondered what was amiss.

Then the war began.

Ranus, brother of Graul, and demon aspect of Fear rose from the castle Vanthrall and held the king in his jaws. He had spread panic and mass hysteria through the streets, and had made the king fear for his throne. The king had not been acting cruel out of hate, he had done it out of fear for his own life. The Fear manifested into a corporeal form, and this form was Ranus, who fed off of the fear of the people.

He began massacring the species of Candor, and Raldunis became a bastion against him. In a great war, the people waged a battle against Ranus and his demonspawn. Vanthrall became a citadel of fear. The once great kingdom crumbled into nothingness.

Davian watched as his father sacrificed himself to save his beloved wife, and Ranus simply cast his body aside like trash and prepared to kill her as well. Davian's anger welled up within him. He was afraid no longer. He took up his father's sword, Judgement, and struck the final killing blow upon Ranus, right in the great beast's forehead.

Ranus was cast back into the abyss, his corporeal form slain for eternity. Yet his death had unlocked the door for more demons to enter. Davian used the blade of his father to seal the gateway into the Abyss, but the Seal would not last forever. He told no one of this, until he brought together a group of men and women who represented what he needed in a people.

Vanthrall had been destroyed, and so had many other kingdoms near it. Only Raldunis and a few other wrecks of castles had survived the war. Davian hoped that these people could lead a defense against the new coming threat, breaking through the Seal every day.

Graul, the Aspect of Fury.

Name of your castle: Raldunis

Other: Nothing of note as of yet.

What is the name of your king?: I AM the damn king.

Username: Lore_Master

Character Name: Logan Mithais

Species: Humans

Appearance: Logan is around 5'11, and has an average build size, with tanned skin, brown hair and brown eyes. He doesn't dress like a lord, wearing cloths that covers his entire head and leather armor at all hours of the day when outside. In the castle however, he removes the headgear and some of the bulkier parts of the armor. He always has a longsword at his side.

Personality: Logan is resourceful and pragmatic, willing to do some morally questionable things if it means the good of his whole race. He is generous and fair to his people, but harsh and brutal to those who would take advantage of that good will nature.

History: Logan was born into the only known enclave of humans left within the world, where survival meant everything. During his teens, he and several other individuals began researching ways to hunt demons and how they could use every part of their body as food and supplies. Eventually, that research branched into other things. By the time he was nineteen, the quality of life was very slowly starting to get better. It was then he was 'summoned.'

Castle: Vigilance

Other: Vigilance is an example of human ingenuity and resourcefulness. Standing in the middle the wastelands, the whole thing was made out of a common, yet tough stone-like material that can withstand whatever the wastes throw at it. Vigilance serves as a hub, where all can come and figure out the mysteries of the waste.

Username: SkullKrusher

Character Name: Argoth Skywing

Species: Gruns

Appearance: With jet black, short hair that reaches just under his ear, a very thin rugged beard and dark red eyes which seem to slightly shine in the dark, Argoth is a fierce-looking man that does not share the personality with his outlook. He is usually seen in a black pair of cloth pants, white shirt, crimson-colored leather armor consisting of shoulderguards and leggins and a dark red magma-forged bracelet jewelry that stays always on his right hand. You can always see a black katana attached to his belt with red runes.

Personality: Argoth's look really doesn't match him. He is a peaceful and kind king who has tried his best in his young life to keep the Gruns a well-fed, well-payed race. He is also neutral between war and peace, being a good diplomat that forges truces yet a fierce fighter in war. Finally, while in his ruling, almost no crimes have been done by the Gruns.

History: Argoth was born to a pair of nobles in the main town of the tundars and grew up to love the cold feeling. He would be out there, playing with his friends all the time and not listening to his own parents, like a rebel of sorts. It was when he was 17 years old that he returned one night to find his house burning. No one survived the fire to tell what was it's cause and not a single man could do anything to stop it. He didn't regret it, though, and joined the army's ranks, rising through them very quickly. It was finally that he reached the Royal Knights, becoming the King's Squire. The old man, though, his life was almost wasted because his offspring had been too lazy to actually rule the world - his 19 year old girl and his 18 year old son being not serious at all, like tricksters. The end of his life approached, and his thoughts ended on one person: Argoth - he had been the one that lead the battle with the Royal Knights and was already prepared to lead wars. His last words and actions were to crown Argoth as the next ruler, who vowed to do the best he can do for the Gruns in front of him and took his role.

Name of your castle: Blazeforge

Other: Blazeforge is a large castle located in the entrance to the Grun country, located in the Tundra. It is made using a mix of molten stone and cold volcano ashes that makes the castle very strong and durable to damage and the cold. The castle's surface is very dark, and there are hints of ash on it. The castle itself is where Argoth stays as a guard of his home, not moving at all from the place except for negotiations woth other countries.

What is the name of your king?: King Davian Lendal

Username: Takhesis

Character Name: Ariana Clouddancer

Species: Nephelisi

Appearance: A large golden feathered Nephelisi, her eyes reflect inner wisdom and are the colour of a clear winter sky (pale blue). Her wingspan and size is larger than most of her kin, but there are a few that are bigger still.

Personality: Thoughtful, wise - speaks of Fate as a living being and when consulted on matters concerning Fate and Destiny speaks in riddles. Other conversations are normal however.

History: Ariana Clouddancer was in training under the Nephelisi Elders to be a future Shaman when Fate gave her the crown of the Nephelisi people. The Elders were caught unawares by that development, but accepted her Queenship readily and their support went a long way towards easing her ascension to the throne. There were still some that said she was too young for the responsibility of rule, but her first few months proved those nay-sayers wrong.

Name of your castle: Windholme

Other: Windholme is based in the prairelands. Nephelisi have thrived under Clouddancer's rule. All peoples are welcome - on the condition that weapons are not drawn in anger. Demons however, are the exception to this rule. Ariana Clouddancer still consults with the Elders on larger matters, but her word is always final. Her people have focused more on technology developments than warrior training.

Username: Astrodeath311

Character Name: Marcus Wright

Species: Aquasals.

Appearance: Marcus [Normal Form; out of water] | Marcus [Aquasals Form; in water]

Personality: Marcus, being the owner of the Shoreside Castle Aquarius, has a vast wealth of servants, gold, and land. However, he also has the vast majority of the ocean to claim as well. He has no need of breathing apparatus', for he is an Aquasals, a fish-man of sorts. Out of water, he appears to be as any other normal being. However, when water washes over his body, he takes his true form, voluntarily or not. He grows gills, loses his use of his legs and lungs, though this is only temporary. He is caring for his own, though less so to others not of his kind. He is compassionate and tolerating, though there are some things beyond forgiveness. Gain his trust, and you'll have it forever. He's passionate, funny, helpful, and stubborn. He loathes fighting, but will ride to battle if necessary.

History: RP'd. =_=

Name of your castle: Castle Aquarius.

Other: You make the best RP's Thael, but they never take off.

Username: RavenWolf1010

Character Name: Raven

Species: Werewolf?

Appearance: Minus the wings- http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qZPv6LB1LG8/TdyT...rior-angel2.jpg

If werewolf is aloud, wolf form- http://c2.api.ning.com/files/dAV5XlMFRGsX1...dSpiritWolf.jpg

Personality: RPd

History: Raven was trained in sword and bow. She's an excellent shot. (That's all I can really think of currently.)

Name of your castle: Dire

Other:

What is the name of your king?: : King Davian Lendal

Here is a werewolf description-

Werewolf- A race of human and wolf hybrid. They have two forms. One human and one wolf. Their appreance of their wolf form can vary, depending on how much wolf DNA carried over when bit. Their looks can range from a standing wolf, with human qualities. Or, a full on wolf; In this case, they are larger than a normal wolf, due to the human gene mixed in. Werewolves are most often very territorial, but otherwise, a friendly race.

RESERVED FOR MORE. ))

Edited by Thaelasan

((I'd be interested in joining, only I find the character sheets a bit confusing. So, do you like, have to have a castle, or can you be a normal civilian...and with the 'name of your king'...does that mean you have to create a king to play or what...?))

(( The point of this roleplay is to own a castle, yes, but I suppose if you make the character sheet well enough I'll accept it.

Also, the Name of your King is your PASSWORD. )0

((I updated my history, I trust that I got it right.))

Username: SkullKrusher

Character Name: Argoth Skywing

Species: Gruns

Appearance: With jet black, short hair that reaches just under his ear, a very thin rugged beard and dark red eyes which seem to slightly shine in the dark, Argoth is a fierce-looking man that does not share the personality with his outlook. He is usually seen in a black pair of cloth pants, white shirt, crimson-colored leather armor consisting of shoulderguards and leggins and a dark red magma-forged bracelet jewelry that stays always on his right hand. You can always see a black katana attached to his belt with red runes.

Personality: Argoth's look really doesn't match him. He is a peaceful and kind king who has tried his best in his young and short life to keep the Gruns a well-fed, well-payed race. He is also neutral between war and peace, being a good diplomat that forges truces yet a fierce fighter in war. Finally, while in his ruling, almost no crimes have been done by the Gruns.

History: Argoth was born to a pair of nobles in the main town of the Tundra and grew up to love the cold feeling. He would be out there, playing with his friends all the time and not listening to his own parents, like a rebel of sorts. It was when he was 17 years old that he returned one night to find his house burning. No one survived the fire to tell what was it's cause and not a single man could do anything to stop it. He didn't regret it, though, and joined the army's ranks, rising through them very quickly. It was finally that he reached the Royal Knights, becoming the King's Squire. The old man, though, his life was almost wasted because his offspring had been too lazy to actually rule the world - his 19 year old girl and his 18 year old son being not serious at all, like tricksters. The end of his life approached, and his thoughts ended on one person: Argoth - he had been the one that lead the battle with the Royal Knights and was already prepared to lead wars. His last words and actions were to crown Argoth as the next ruler, who vowed to do the best he can do for the Gruns in front of him and took his role.

Name of your castle: Blazeforge

Other: Blazeforge is a large castle located in the entrance to the Grun country, located in the Tundra. It is made using a mix of molten stone and cold volcano ashes that makes the castle very strong and durable to damage and the cold. The castle's surface is very dark, and there are hints of ash on it. The castle itself is where Argoth stays as a guard of his home, not moving at all from the place except for negotiations woth other countries.

Edited by SkullKrusher

Oooh.. I like it. So the original king I chose was replaced by your char when he died...that's pretty legit bro. ))

(( Lmfao. I actually thought I'd have a problem with this. My thought was there was another ruler of each species xd.png Okay, I'll fix it up. tongue.gif ))

(( Double facepalm. biggrin.gif I'm refixing that back then tongue.gif It's just that I thought there would be other rulers except King Davian. ))

(( Edit it however you like. I'm starting this today, however, so all last minute changes will need to be done now. Once we start only new people may add sheets. :3

EDIT: Though the katana has become a piece of your chars for years, Nick, I'm really interested in this Argoth fellow.

SECOND EDIT: If you all need a timeline of events, here's the two we're changing.

Timeline 1: The castles begin to flourish in the Year of the Rebirth. The beginning of the castles is long and hard, but within the first ten years, each person's castle becomes a thriving city.

The cities suddenly become plagued by a dangerous illness and two of them are lost to time. These two castles are not given the chance to come back. Their kings and queens fall to death. The loss is mourned.

After the illness, the morale of the people is boosted. They begin to work for technology and modernization. Industrialization of the castles is a new movement. Steampunk-like technology begins to flourish, and the new research in medical technology spurs population boosts. The species begin to thrive again.

Yet again, disaster strikes. This time, Graul himself unleashes a massive army of the undead from the two fallen castles. Another castle is lost because they were not warned. The loss of life is mourned.

Because this bastion of defense is lost, Graul manages to flank two more castles, the Forest and the Waste. Both are lost.

Graul himself appears, a mighty demon form and his spawn. He searches for Raldunis, and Davian, the murderer of his brother. The other castles begin the defensive. They are unsuccessful - they need more men.

The world falls to darkness as Davian is slain by Graul, his sacrifice breaking Ranus' seal and releasing the fallen demon back into the world.

Timeline 2 begins just before the disease strikes the cities. You may choose whether to pursue technology to save your people or pursue wood to increase population limits.

Expected population losses are in the thousands. Expected survival rate if medical technology increases is 87.32% of all people in your kingdoms.

You each have 10,000 people in your kingdom to start with of your chosen race. If you lose them all, you are out of the game. Oh, yes, you thought this would be simple? You must stop Graul. ))

))

Edited by Thaelasan

(( This is really starting to look awesome. We've got an RP at the top with normal characters AND the strategic RP under with what to choose, what to make, how much people to train as soldiers, whom to offer peace or truce - I am freaking loving this! And Argoth is another character, Thael, who I have thought up as I would require a better character for anything that is medieval or is fiction. Otherwise, he's close to Nick in most aspects. ))

(( These events take place over the course of five years, and they culminate into the return of Graul. You gotta know what to choose and how to play, and in the final conflict you can only use what you've been creating.

However, your hero will be able to use various abilities depending on their species. When we fight Graul, that will be the big thing. Demonspawn and everything, you know.

But you will have a fatigue sort of deal.. ah it's complicated. We'll get there eventually. ))

((Oh, man! This is gonna be awesome!!! *Happy Dance!! <(^˛^)> /\(^˛^)/\ >(^˛^)> \/(^˛^)\/ <(^˛^)<* With a Dj! (*★˛★*♪♪♪) I finished editing.)

((Hope this is acceptable))

Username: Takhesis

Character Name: Ariana Clouddancer

Species: Nephelisi

Appearance: A large golden feathered Nephilisi, her eyes reflect inner wisdom and are the colour of a clear winter sky (pale blue). Her wingspan and size is larger than most of her kin, but there are a few that are bigger still.

Personality: Thoughtful, wise - speaks of Fate as a living being and when consulted on matters concerning Fate and Destiny speaks in riddles. Other conversations are normal however.

History: Ariana Clouddancer was in training under the Nephelisi Elders to be a future Shaman when Fate gave her the crown of the Nephelisi people. The Elders were caught unawares by that development, but accepted her Queenship readily and their support went a long way towards easing her ascension to the throne. There were still some that said she was too young for the responsibility of rule, but her first few months proved those nay-sayers wrong.

Name of your castle: Windholme

Other: Windholme is based in the prairelands. Nephelisi have thrived under Clouddancer's rule. All peoples are welcome - on the condition that weapons are not drawn in anger. Demons however, are the exception to this rule. Ariana Clouddancer still consults with the Elders on larger matters, but her word is always final. Her people have focused more on technology developments than warrior training.

((Edited form for consistancy - race name changed only))

Edited by Takhesis

(( Ok when I started this thing at like what, midnight? Yesterday? I did NOT EXPECT THIS LARGE OF A TURNOUT.

Also, now that I say it, Avianut looks really weird to me. I think I should change it before we begin. I dunno. Anyone else think it does? Doesn't seem very regal. ))

((I'm seeing the Avianut as some sort of Harpy-type creature.... but Harpies are rather violent usually... I'm assuming you meant them to be more like the Eagles in Lord of the Rings. Perhaps a name related to wind/clouds would be more regal.....Nephelim? After the greek cloud maiden Nephele?))

(I pictured them looking more people with wings instead of arms and bird heads and legs.... Btw, Orlando Bloom is coming back to play Legolas in the second Hobbit.... EXCITED!! - off topic, but we were talking about LOTR for a sec there)