Thaelasan

A Kingdom Forged Is a Kingdom Earned

(( Never regret.

Now, this is the best part of the Roleplay. I'm not allowed to take part unless of course you communicate with me using stones or have a question. I want to watch you all flourish.

Also, I will be telling you special things that may happen to your kingdoms randomly, whether for good or for ill, every few pages. You must react accordingly.

A year = 50 pages in this roleplay. You have 250 pages before Graul shows up himself and then the true fun starts.

LET THE GAMES.

BEGIN. ))

(Me, shaking in my custom-made, baby seal leather boots! Oh, boy! I cannot wait!)

"None taken. As for this favor you ask; 'tis no favor at all, it would be a privilege to instruct your people in archery. If any others would like to learn, do not hesitate for a moment to send your soldiers to be taught, it would be my pleasure." She said, a small, attractive smile falling upon her face.

She had much to do to prepare for the coming storm, and with every passing moment more seemed to be added. She began to feel nervous, she was still inexperienced with the duties that came with ruling a country. Was she fit for the task? How dare she think those thoughts, now was not the time to be questioning her abilitys!

Edited by chicbecause

((Who's playing the Dragons? If I'm sending an emissary to them - one of the Nephelisi Eldars - I'd rather not talk to myself...))

The formalities of asking permission to enter another's kingdom out of the way, Ariana also mentioned her earlier idea.

"Considering the Nephelisi have the advantage of flight, we can also see further distances. Would it be beyond the realm of possibility for some of our people to be used as advance scouts? An early warning system of any approaching armies of sorts?"

[Nobody, yet.]

Marcus Wright, King of the Aquasals

Population: 10,000

"Though I'd rather not put too much importance on your species, it's a good idea. You should most likely send some more Nephelisi to the Elves then divide them. Three fourths become warriors, one fourth becomes scouts." Marcus said thoughtfully. His hand was on his chin like it was earlier, once again indicating he was within the recesses of his mind searching his banks of knowledge. Marcus was trying to figure out what advantages the Aquasals had. One, they were excellent traders and sailors. They would be the main force of the Candor naval fleet. They were also very good swimmers, but Marcus could not glean anything important from that except that they could ambush Graul's forces from underwater. In addition, at sea, Aquasals were very good rescue crews of other species ships. With their excellent swimming ability, they could chop through the water lickety-split. He sighed. Only three years? They needed more time!

(( If it comes down to it, I meant for King Davian to be king of all dragon kind, meaning dragonkin and dragons, but I was being nice.

So I suppose he'd already have possession of them, they just are more... wild beasts, understanding and sentient, just not wishing to be part of the populace. ))

((Assuming we get no one else to join, I could try and play both the humans and dragons.))

Logan was mostly quiet, listening to the conversation between the other races. It was cold, but he only had enough known resources to support his people. His plan was to look into new technology, and if the prototypes were successes, share the knowledge for supplies like weapons, food, that sort of thing. That was the only way he could contribute to this 'alliance' without risking shortages among his people. But at least one problem was solved, as he had gotten an orb that would allow him to communicate with the other leaders. Now that he had slightly more time for his plans, he decided to speak up.

"I'm afraid we won't be able to contribute much, but if we have any successes with new technology, we'll send the plans along." Logan said, coughing into his fist slightly when he was done. He leaned back into his chair before sighing, how in the hell was he gonna pull this off within a few years...

Marcus scanned the room with expert eyes. He spied Logan, the Human representative, leaning back in his chair and looking forlorn. The conversation with the Nephelisi and Elf were over, so he attempted to help anyone else. At the time-being, it seemed that the one most in need were the Humans.

Marcus walked over to Logan. He took out the coin purse he always wore, and handed the contents to Logan. "Here," he said carelessly, "I don't need it anyways. If there's one thing the Aquasals have, it's gold. If you need more, I can have it sent to you via convoy along with food, metal, or anything else you need. We have an abundance of supplies, as we bring in many misc. items from the trading routes. I could also arrange for them to pass through your territory, if you desire. The Aquasals are a prosperous people, but they can't fight. In exchange for supplies and trading routes, do you think you could train my people in the art of war? I've heard that the Humans were forced to live underground because of what, giant rats? Or is there something more sinister hiding in the wastes you call your home?" After speaking, he hooked the now-empty coin-purse back onto his belt. He could get more gold back at the castle. Then, he sat on the table and waited for a response from the Human.

Logan merely stared at the coins in his hand. The way that trade worked back home was on a barter system, extra supplies for extra supplies. It was an effective system, since they got rid of something they don't need for something that they did. He was thinking he could just melt the coins into useful metals, or maybe make himself a small plate or something. Logan then listened as Marcus began to explain a deal, he would send supplies if they would train his people to fight. That seemed like a good deal, but then his comment on humans being driven underground by giants rats ticked him off.

"Yes, because my race is too pathetic to fight a skiddish omnivore." Logan said with a deadpan tone. Giant rats were near the bottom of the surface food chain, the wastes were not kind to the unprepared. Alexander merely coughed loudly to voice his displeasure on Logan's choice of words.

"In truth, its because there are bigger things in the wastes then rats. Gatdoks, six legged beasts that can crush with a stomp of its hoof. Or if your unlucky, you'll get carried away by navaho, birds with massive wings and strong talons. There is also Dua..." Logan began to explain, before shaking his head at Dua. It was one of a kind, probably the last of a species... and it was big, really really big.

"Dua is something you don't need to worry about, its in the middle of a hibernation period. But regardless, give my shield sister six months with your men, and they be able to take down a Gatdok with nothing but a knife." Logan finished, with a small smirk on his face. He leaned in and looked Marcus directly in the eyes.

"But regardless, do not stretch yourself too thin. We can take care of ourselves, don't go giving assistance when it'll harm yourself." He said, before leaning back into his chair.

((... Fine, if only because I hate to see a Thaelasan cry))

Edited by Lore_Master

((For some reason I see the Communication stones like This))

Ariana thanked the Elves for the archery lessons. She mentally drafted the letter she would send to the Dragons via messenger. As well as started planning the numbers of Archers and Scouts she would need trained.

There was also the need for better medicine too if the warning did indeed refer to a plague.

Oh my Ariana thought, There is so much work to be done and relatively little time. Her eyes then fell upon the Pearl-like surface of the Enchanted Stone. At least the lines of communication will not be difficult. She thought as she placed carefully among the Royal Writs in her carry bag.

((Time skip to returning to our respective castles? Unless there's further plans to be laid at this meeting?))

((Now I remember where the link is.... the stones the Asgard use in SG-1 for their technology.... little egg-shaped pearly things...))

"I see. I apologize for being ignorant. And I assure you, we have no need of supplies. We already have plenty. Share prosperity, right?" Marcus said, sorry that he'd offended the human. He had truly not known of the wastes. Perhaps he should send mercenaries along with the merchant fleets. The knowledge of more beings in the wastelands was an annoying prospect. Giant rats were fine, but birds that were strong enough to carry a man off were a little too much. Plus the thought of a Gatdok or whatever a Dua is was near enough. "When can your shield-maiden arrive?" Marcus replied, with a smirk of his own, "I think I could learn a thing or two, especially since I don't know the first thing about swordsmanship. I've lead a sheltered life, one could say, unlike what I'm sure you're forced to do. I'm very sure your men are in capable hands though, Logan." Marcus didn't want to insult the Human representative a second time. Once was enough, and that was on accident. There was absolutely no need to make an enemy before Graul has even influenced the world.

"That was a joke Aquasal, you'll have to try harder to offend me." Logan said, which was a half-truth. It was true that the fish's ignorance about the strength of his race bugged him, but he wanted to appease Alexander and not have to spend two hours getting lectured on proper speaking. When asked when his shield-sister could arrive, he looked at Elise and waited for her to answer. She merely took one look at Logan, who nodded, before placing her hands on the table and looked at Marcus.

"I'm ready to leave when you are. A warning though, I don't care that you're the king of the fish people-"

"Aquasals, for crying out loud! Use their actual names!" Alexander nearly shouted, he was already sick and tired seeing the two of them belittle and insult the other races. He then placed his hands on his face and sighed loudly, why these two? They were good leaders, but with almost no tact.

"Okay you old goat... I don't care that you're king of the Aquasals, I'm gonna make you into a warrior. You will sweat, you will feel pain... and you will bleed. But in the name of my Shield-Brother, I will make you into a warrior that all Aquasals will aspire too." Elise finished, smiling at Marcus. Logan was also giving a small smirk. Elise was in someways more blunt then him, but she was a good woman at heart, and gave better speeches then he did.

Davian admired the quick negotiations the kings and queens were attending to. Within minutes, they had already forged tactical alliances among each other and were already preparing for war using strategies he hadn't even considered. It was marvelous. They were surely destined to defeat Graul.

Yet the name still caused him pain. He shuddered with rememberance of the beast's massive form, his hideous teeth gnashing as he spoke.

"For my brother's banishment, you will pay, King of the Damned..." he had moaned, as he devoured Davian's sister. "I will first kill every single person you love, and every single person you hold dear, and then I will end you, so that you know what it feels to lose a dear brother."

And then, Davian had awoken, covered in a cold sweat. He had had many of these nightmares, Rasul trying to grab him, make him feel fear, but he could not let them bother him. They were trying to weaken him, hold his heart until he would no longer fight back.

But soon, they would emerge victorious. Whether he wished to admit it or not, should his chosen ones fail, all would die. He would have to act.

He placed his hands on the grand table and began to speak.

"All of you, I am VERY proud of your current choices and decision-making skills, but I must tell you of another alliance that may be made should you wish it. Far to the North of here, upon the crags of Mount Wentahr, sits the lord of the mightiest beasts ever to walk the face of the world - Washul'dan, lord of the dragons. He was my dragon before I left him to lead the drakes of the world so that they no longer had to live with us. Dragons always desired to have freedom, and living in kingdoms did not suit them. After the Vanthrall war, we realized that they required a land of their own to prosper and protect their eggs. We gave them the mountains, and they defend them fiercely. In the other timelines, I did not go to them. But I suppose it is finally time to let them fly once more across the skies of Candor."

He leaned forward a little more, his face grave.

"Yet know this. Should Washul'dan join us with his brethren against Graul, there is always a cost. He does not follow blindly into battle with his precious kin - he follows only strength. He would follow me into death, for we know each other well, but he may not follow and defend you should you not be of strength enough. He will surely send dragons to each of your cities that will represent his flock's might in a certain field. Should you best that dragon, you will earn his favor." Davian spoke. "Would you desire to attempt such a difficult challenge? Once you earn the dragon's favor, they will serve you to the end."

"Thank you, my king," Marcus said, listening intently to the man's words. "I think I could take on this dragon... but only after Elise here finishes training me. By the simple force of her words, I believe I could take on an entire battalion with only myself and a few trained mercenaries. Of course, I believe the time of mercenaries is almost past for my people. Soon, we will be able to defend land and home without the use of gold; and I believe that it's all thanks to Elise here."In reality, Marcus was slightly taken aback at her bluntness, offended and annoyed at her use of the term, 'fish men', and frightened at the mention of sweat, pain, and blood. However, to defend and govern his people, he must make himself an example. The Aquasals were very keen to hide behind mercenaries, simply because they didn't have the motivation to learn how to fight. There were some Aquasals who learned swordsmanship, but they were traveling the nation, and he had no way to call them back to the castle. When they returned, they'd be pretty surprised. He turned suddenly to Elise, and unwavering, said, "Elise. I will go through whatever it takes to make my people strong. They are weak, allowed to fatten because there had been no threat to motivate them. Now that threat is near. They are certain to be panicking as soon as I return and spread the news. Now is the time to learn how to bear arms. I'm sad that there may not be enough time in these three years to make them into warriors of your caliber. But they must learn how to fight. I'm going to be sending a group of Aquasals to Evengale, the Elven capitol. I think you may have to stay behind or come back to teach them basic survival techniques on a battlefield. I may not know much about combat; but I do know that a sword beats a bow if it's close enough."

[Reserving Dragons.

Username: Astrodeath311

Character Name: Zir Teriann

Species: Dragon in the Mountains.

Appearance: [X]

Personality: Zir is a honorable...

History: RP'd.

Name of your castle:

Other: I'm a ****ing dragon. Rawr.

What is the name of your king?: King Davian Lendal.]

Edited by Astrodeath311

Ariana Clouddancer looked over at King Davian,

"I had planned to send one of the Elders to the Dragons with news of the upcoming threat and a request for aid. I would be willing to face whatever challenge the Dragons wish to set before me." She paused,

"Your advice on the wording of such a message would be most appreciated, I would not wish to offend such powerful beings with a careless word." She bowed again, considering curtsies were technically impossible considering her race.

((Ariana has a lot of work ahead of her......))

(( Sheet. I kinda ignorerd this RP! Can I has slapz? xd.png ))

(( EDIT: Actually asked that to a girl when I hit her with the door today. ))

Argoth watched as the other rulers were already talking and forging many different alliances and special strategies. He took both the magical stone and the writ, checking the latter. It seemed they were bestowing him the ruling once again. Funny, since he was already a ruler of the Gruns, but still a honor. He then took the stone and carefully placed it in his bag - it could cause unwanted noise just by the drop. Finished, Argoth then walked over to King Davian. "My King, if you would be searching for the assistance of the dragons, might I advise that I come as well? Since we are people of the Tundra and the Mountains are very close to us, our nation has been as a defender of the dragons by land and some of the people back in my land have met dragons themselves. We can be considered their friends, and even if not because of that, it's because I would like to defend you if anything went wrong."

[No. But that must come later. Won't it?]

Marcus Wright, the Aquasals King

"I...I must go. There are things to tend to at my kingdom," Marcus said, then looked straight at King Davian, and said, "If you need anything at all, my King, then you've all but ask. I will help as best I can. The Aquasals are a merchant race. In becoming that, they've become masters of talking, and of gold. We're also very fine sailors and swimmers. I'm sure I could comfort you if you're perchance afraid of the coming Again, if there is literally anything you need, then you've only need to ask."

Marcus strode quickly out of the room, feeling suddenly uncomfortable at his boldness with the King. Graul's terrifying visage appeared to him, and later when it was gone, his image still burnt fresh into his mind. Marcus was unsure if he was ever to forget such a sight. Marcus's mind was filled with fear at Graul. The very mention of his name sent shivers through his body and his heart skipped a beat. His hands started shaking and if he weren't an Aquasals, he was sure he'd be sweating. Water soaked into their skin to stop the transformation when they were not in a body of it, such as a lake, stream, or river. Marcus sighed, sat down on the steps outside King Davian's hall, and put his head between his hands. How would they ever stop him...? Thoughts were put into his mind, unclean thoughts. They heightened his fear. They reduced him to tears, but those were impossible for the Aquasals. His heart skipped a beat, then again, then again... He felt terrified. As though he'd wanted to run and run and never look back. ...

[To be posted at a later date. I need to go to school! Don't do anything with this post. As of right now, it's never happened. But it will later. Feel free to interact with my character. He'll respond and carry this out. Bye.]

Edited by Astrodeath311

(( I suppose so, Nick. biggrin.gif ))

Far above the hills of Allinstar, above the lands of Candor that the mortals tread upon, a single eye opened. The pupil searched the area around it with scrutiny. Satisfied, it awoke, stretching.

The beast was known as Washul Verus Dan, Washul'Dan to most humans who spoke his name, if they knew it. He was a legend among dragons, the oldest to date, and the strongest. He was a Guardian of Nature, the mightiest dragon ever forged, a creature of such omnipotent power that it was said they could speak to Gods.

He frowned, shrugging and cracking his bones a moment to awaken fully. Beside him, his mate slept on, her tail surrounding their newest clutch of eggs. He smiled warmly.

Within the hour, he had returned, bringing back two deer clutched in his massive jaws. One he devoured immediately, but the other he roasted with his breath, leaving it in front of her muzzle and poking her with his tail.

She awoke, her eyes dropping slightly.

"By Akvin." she sighed. "It's far too early for breakfast."

"Not today. I sense something of great importance today." Washul spoke softly, still eating. "We must prepare."

"YOU must prepare. In case you are unaware, I have children to watch, yet again." she chuckled.

"Perhaps." Washul mulled. "Very well then. I shall wait for it myself, dear Allisara."

"As you wish.." she muttered, falling back into slumber.

------

Davian sat at the table, frowning. For some reason, for the past few days, he had felt such an immense amount of hidden fear. Though no one would dare to kill him, his life felt in the hands of someone else, and it was killing him on the inside. He wished he knew what was causing it.

The Grand Mage had nothing to say on the matter. He only prescribed more sleep, but Davian thought it was something more serious.

Regardless of his current condition, Argoth had spoken to him. He turned quickly, smiling again as though nothing was wrong.

"Ah. That would be brilliant, my dear Argoth!" he grinned. "I'd appreciate any help I could get."

Argoth smiled, bowing to the King and then rising once again. He had deep respect for this man that had ruled so much and yet no one would try and take his life because their thoughts would be that they were killing the world if they tried that.

"Of course, my King. After all, you were the only man who defended my right to rule when the council questioned it. If you would need help at any time and especially something to do with fighting, I would be most pleased to assist you or the other nations." Argoth spoke, noting something strange about the king. It wasn't exactly... easy to guess, but he narrowed his eyes to check what was going on. He was frowning, it seemed. That was rare, but maybe he was thinking about the things which were awaiting them in the future. Anyways, he wasn't someone to press on things that were personal, so he stopped there and asked something else.

"My King, should we go today? I do not have any escort with me today since I did not want to risk the life of my men, and I will return, so you could simply come with me as escort and at the same time seek the dragon's assistance with my own help. I will take all respeonsiblities for your party as they are in the Grun territory, if something happens to them."

Davian nodded, pleased.

"Of course. I'm happy you're willing to accept responsibility if something happens even though you may not be remotely responsible. Very VERY honorable, Argoth." he commended.

Argoth bowed once more, his smile not faltering. He was good in diplomatic speeches, after all, and his sleight of speech was one of the best known to people in his own country. He turned around, checking everybody else, then turned back to the King.

"Of course, my King. I shall be awaiting your message for when we should go." He spoke, bowing one last time and returning to the other newly-crowned rulers, standing beside them to hear their conversations. He approached the human one, seemingly wanting to have a talk with him.

"Logan, if I may have a word with you... since I know from what you have found that you are a great researcher, in a way, you'll probably be focusing on technological advancements. Might I ask you to do a special request for me? I'm in need of a new weapon design and armor design for the Blood Blades, since the only things left from them are just scrolls that only tell us how to train basic Gruns into Blood Blades and Ill need ot improve them."