Thaelasan

A Kingdom Forged Is a Kingdom Earned

"You talk too much" Elise said flatly as she rubbed her ears. She wasn't much for words, unless she had to do Logan's work and give the speeches he should. Sadly, Logan's speeches would probably end up along the lines of 'bad stuff is gonna happen, lets do something about that, assuming no one dies using experimental tech.' With a sigh, she looked at Marcus once more and stared at him.

"If your idea is to talk this thing to death, then it won't work." She said plainly as she began to pace around.

"Anyway, when do you want me to ship out?" She asked.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Logan was busy checking out the stone when the leader of the Gruns asked him something that caused him to raise an eyebrow. Come up with a new design for a weapon and armour. He coughed into his hand slightly to clear his throat before speaking to Argoth.

"What you are asking from me... is risky." Logan said, trying to find the right work. experimental technology was always risky, since the worst possible outcome would be multiple deaths and the complete and utter loss of the resources. But to risk it for a race that might not even have the resources to make it... Still, Logan shaked his head and looked at Argoth.

"I don't know how blood blades operate, and even if I did, it could take months to come up with a design, and time is something we don't have a lot of." He added as closed his eyes and sighed. He needed to make sure that he could do this favour without damaging his other prospects.

"Here's the deal... I'll try to come up with blueprints and designs. But in exchange, if you come across any unusual or new minerals/ores within your lands, I would like a small sample of each batch." Logan said, opening his eyes and looking at Argoth. If luck was on his side, this small deal could be a massive boon to his people, which would offset any setback he would encounter trying to help Argoth.

Edited by Lore_Master

Marcus Wright, King of the Aquasals

Population: 10,000

"Merchants talk. It's what they do. Relax a customer and then you'll be able to get more money out of them. It's a detestable act, but my people practice it to damn near perfection. Anyways, talking probably won't help. I don't think something that is supposed to bring about the end of the world can be reasoned with, much less spoken to," Marcus said sarcastically. He turned to Elise, then said on a lighter note, "I was hoping to leave right away. Get you back to your people sooner. I assure you, you'll have the finest accommodations while in Castle Aquarius." Finished with Elise, Marcus turned to Davian. He said, "My King, I will be taking my leave now. Thank you for your generosity, the warnings, and the communications stone. It's been a pleasure staying in Raldunis, even if it has been a short one." He strode out the door, but as he was about to open it, he stopped. He turned around and shot a glance back at the Human woman, then said, "Can you swim?" and laughed.

Argoth nodded, reaching into his bag. He got out some interesting files, it seemed.

"Of course, Logan. We already have found a brand new mineral in a few nearby caves. Our own research has found that the mineral itself's properties are... very interesting. It's quite solid, more solid than reforged steel, and it is also strangely able to be smelted and forged - I'm thinking it will be potent for armor and weapons. Here are the files by my researchers, along with the Grun anatomy, our Blood Blade Revival Project and this - it's basically a file for a fertilizer by our own people that helps you grow food in the cold. Oh, do you have any work that we can help in? Maybe I could help for the Lance Project." Argoth added, handing the files to Logan as he remembered about the project humans were making. He had gotten word of it and a file from an inside man and he was very interested in it.

"That sounds fine, Argoth. We shall depart in two days, leaving you time to prepare. As for me, I need to handle some important matters." he grimaced. "Political things, you understand."

((Assuming all deals and things are done - Ariana will return to Windholme. She has a lot of organising to do. Of course any further questions and deals will be answered before leaving. The second part occurs after leaving.))

Considering all the preparations that needed to be done and the little time to do it in, Ariana politely bowed to King Davian, the Great Mage and the assembled rulers.

"With permission, I will take my leave. There is much organisation to be done."

--------------------------

Ariana flew back to Windholme. Her thoughts were focused on the tasks ahead. She was met in the skies by the Elder that had first received the summons.

"Ariana Clouddancer, my student. What impressions did the other races leave upon you?"

"Elder Windreader, the impressions of the other races are of little consequence to the news that was delivered. I would like to request a full Elder Council Meeting as soon as possible." Ariana replied. Windreader's eyes grew wide as he didn't expect his student to be so blunt with her words.

"Please, teacher. I wouldn't ask unless it was important."

Windreader studied her, then nodded,

"I'll send the acolytes to gather the Elder Council. It is rare for a full meeting to be called - I pray the others will understand..." He winged away to the acolyte area - where Ariana was lodging until Windreader took her under his wing. Ariana continued onwards to the Council Chambers - to prepare herself for the inevitable questioning as to why she called such a meeting....

Windholme. Currrent Population: 10k

Edited by Takhesis

Marcus Wright, the ruler of the Aquasals.

Population : 10,000

Marcus watched with some interest as the Nephelisi representative excused herself from the room.

He watched pass by him, the door close, and in the last instant before vision was blocked, he saw her take flight and go to the North.

So, she wouldn't be returning. Obviously.

"Hm. If she is leaving then I will assume that this meeting is come to a close. My very blunt Elise, I believe it's time for us to go. If there is going to be blood shed, then I think that it would be best if I abuse all of the time I've been given to prepare."

Marcus opened the door and thought he could see the Nephelisi form in the sky.

He dismissed the thought and walked down through the marketplace to the Aquasals transportation to Castle Aquarius was.

His basket was still where he left it, and he took off his belongings once more and put it in the basket, and waited for Elise.

Logan merely took the files and began to read through them. The metal itself was what Logan liked the most, he did need to test the melting point, the durability and many other things. With some luck, it would be very useful indeed. He would need to discuss the other files with the others, since they could use the other files more efficiently. When the Grun mentioned lending assistance to the Lance Project, his glare grew narrow and his tone dark.

"We do not need help with that." He simply said, if the Grun had any common sense, he would drop the issue and focus on the other task at hand.

"We'll contact you once we made progress with your project" Logan merely responded as he began to look around. Both the Nephelisi and the Aquasal began to leave. Logan simply looked at Elise and gave her a soft smile.

"Don't go soft on me, otherwise I will kick your ass." He said as he got up to pat her on the shoulder, she responded with merely a smirk.

"Don't let all the research make you fat." She responded, before the two of them parted ways. Logan and Alexander left the castle to find their six-legged mounts while Elise followed Marcus.

((We could do - I think as long as we summarize what our respective kingdoms have been doing it'll be ok to do the occasional timeskip))

(( I have decided we shall skip to a few days later so this may begin. ))

Sudden changes in the wind are felt... To each kingdom occurs the following as fury begins to fester.

- To the Nephelisi - You all suddenly feel quite agitated and quick to fight. You begin to argue and debate amongst each other despite reasoning.

- To the Aquasal - Marcus' communication stone turns black and refuses to cooperate.

- To the Gruns - You suddenly begin to feel quite weak as though all of you had walked a hundred miles. You only wish to sleep.

- To the Humans - You begin to forget things easily.

((Username: RavenWolf1010

Character Name: Raven

Species: Werewolf?

Appearance: Minus the wings- http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qZPv6LB1LG8/TdyT...rior-angel2.jpg

If werewolf is aloud, wolf form- http://c2.api.ning.com/files/dAV5XlMFRGsX1...dSpiritWolf.jpg

Personality: RPd

History: Raven was trained in sword and bow. She's an excellent shot. (That's all I can really think of currently.)

Name of your castle: Dire

Other:

What is the name of your king?: : King Davian Lendal

Here is a werewolf description-

Werewolf- A race of human and wolf hybrid. They have two forms. One human and one wolf. Their appreance of their wolf form can vary, depending on how much wolf DNA carried over when bit. Their looks can range from a standing wolf, with human qualities. Or, a full on wolf; In this case, they are larger than a normal wolf, due to the human gene mixed in. Werewolves are most often very territorial, but otherwise, a friendly race.

Is this alright? I can edit if need be, but I have a wolf obsession, and this sounds like a really cool Roleplay.))

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST THE KEY!? ARE YOU RETARDED!? WITHOUT THAT KEY, WE CANNOT WORK ON THE PROJECTS!"

Logan was a calm person by nature, and he rarely ever got angry. But if there was something bad that happened, at the worst possible time, that's when he lost his temper. The case in point was him yelling at one of his assistants, for losing a key that unlocked a small library. The library in question held every original plan and method that his race had learned. It was a vital part of his entire kingdom, and Logan needed it more then ever. In his searing anger, he brushed off part of the table he loomed over, in a symphony of clatter and smashing. He then began to pant heavily, the rational part of his mind was struggling to keep him from harming the poor assistant.

"I-I-I'm sorry milord, please..." The assistant said in a meek voice, hiding her voice behind a book. She was a frail little thing, a girl from a tunnelling family. It was by random chance that Logan met here years ago, when he overheard her talking about the properties of a metal they dug up. Most tunnlers were content with just grabbing the material and leaving. But this girl, she actually taught herself how to read and taught herself how to identify ore. It was unusual for someone like her to have that much drive, so Logan offered to make her his assistant. Naturally, the family received increased rations for allowing her this position.

Now, Logan did not budge, taking deep breaths. He realized he was raging, and that he needed a handle on the situation, fast. She wasn't the only one that was being forgetful, he too was starting to forget simple things... and his brothers in research were too forgetting simple things. Taking one last deep breath, Logan began to gather his materials and placed them back on the desk. Once everything was back in the right place, Logan turned to his assistant.

"I'm sorry Marisa, I shouldn't blame you. You're not the only one forgetting things..." Logan said, before turning around to stare outside the window. His office was on a small cliff face, overlooking a market. He watched people leave the stone caves, only to run back in for things they have forgotten. Clearly, this wasn't natural.

"I want you to rally up the other Lords of Science, this is an emergency. If we cannot get this under control, our projects will fail... and then we're all dead." Logan said, before turning around to face his assistant Marisa, still holding her book tightly.

"Write it down in your book now, do not forget this. Do not let me forget this. Tell everyone, including me to meet in the council room within the hour." He added, his calm and dispassionate tone once again making itself present. Nodding at Logan, Marisa wrote down his request before running to find the others. Logan knew that even if she forgot most things, she would not forget the book. Sighing loudly, Logan merely sat down at his desk and began to write plans. He needed to make sure everyone was organized and that the locksmith was able to both change the lock and make a new key. He pulled out his communication stone to see if Elise had also been affected by this strange phenomenon. But as of late, whenever he tried to contact the king of the fish people, Marcus, he would not receive anything back.

Xiri walked through the archery field, a long line of elves stood on slightly elevated platforms on her left. In front of the field began the seemingly endless forest, various trees had targets hanging from them, none less then 50 yards away. Elven children played in between them with no fear of being shot, arrows sailed gracefully above their heads. The constant, musical 'twang' of the bowstrings soothed Xiri's raging mind.

"Orius! Come here, child." Xiri called.

A young Elf ran up to her. He had sparkling blue eyes and ebony hair that reached to his shoulders.

"Yes, Auntie?" The boy asked, taking slipping his small hand into hers.

"Would you like to come with me today?" Xiri asked.

"Oh! Yes, yes!" Orius squeaked.

Xiri wasn't his real aunt, of course. He was simply an orphaned child she had taken in. Orphans were rare in Evengale, Elves being such long-lived creatures.

Windholme: Current Pop: 10k

Arianna had just a few days to settle in to her new role - a few hiccups, but the Elders had backed her once they knew the full situation.

Research into medicine had begun - and Elder Windreader had been sent with a message to the Dragons.

She was winging her way towards the main gathering place to ask for volunteers to go with her to train in Evengale, when an unusual sound drifted to her ears. Raised voices.... from the Elders' Meeting Room.

Arianna changed course to see what was happening. The Elders were engaged in arguing with each other. That wasn't something that usually happened - debates on courses of action, yes, but never a full blown arguement that could turn into a fight. It seemed the old age of those present was the only reason blows hadn't been struck.

Raising her voice so she could be heard above them - Arianna gave vent to a rage-filled screech. Even as the logical part of her mind warned her not to give in.

It got their attention though.... all the Elders stopped mid-flow and turned to look at her. It also got the attention of some of the Nephelisi volunteer guards - younger Nephelisi that hadn't understood the general rule of a calm distance from the other races.

These younger ones were the first to volunteer their services to the new Queen - a new monarchy surely meant a change in dealings. That screech surely meant their Queen was in trouble....

[Angry Queen.... not good....]

Argoth opened his eyes, feeing quite tired yet hearing somebody's voice. His gaze went toward the door, spotting a young maid. "U-um, sir... you wanted me to wake you up at around 10 and it's almost 11..." She said, too shy to speak. He smiled and nodded. "No problem, and thank you." Argoth spoke, the tone of his voice sounding very calm and friendly. The girl nodded and walked out, letting him prepare for the day ahead. Today, they would be going to meet the dragons along with King Ragnar. Somehow, though, and because of some unknown reason, Argoth was feeling extremely tired today and the day before that. His messages also spoke of the nation feeling exactly the same - tired, unable to do almost anything. If there was something the Gruns liked more than anything, it was fighting, and one of the only weaknesses they had was not sleeping enough. A Grun had to rest so his stamina would be full the next day, so if they felt tired it would practically stop them from doing anything.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Argoth rose from the bed and walked toward the bucket with water. He stopped for a second to stare at his reflection, noting the slight bags under his eyes and the way his gaze seemed to waver and shake. Then, he splashed some water straight on his face and cleaned out his eyes and hand, drying them with the cotton towel.

Now that he was done, he approached the single small chest in the room, pulling out the clothes and equipment he placed inside. First, he quickly dressed, putting on the clothes first and then the crimson leather armor. Well, it was just two pieces, so it wasn't exactly 'armor'. Finished, he then took his backpack and sword, slinging the first through his shoulders and attaching the latter on his belt.

Finished, Argoth walked out, spotting the maid. "Excuse me, if you could attend to the room..." He spoke, and the young maid nodded yet again, quickly walking inside and shutting the door behind herself. Argoth smiled as he walked through the corridor, soon finding the guest room. It was pretty much a smal room where a few people could rest between meetings. Taking a seat on one of the chairs, Argoth looked toward the door and waited for the King's arrival.

King Argoth, Ruler of the Gruns

Population: 10 000

Edited by SkullKrusher

(( And now for the random blessings. Based upon my current desires, here comes another wave of effects.

To the Gruns - You are going to be tired only for another week, which shall go halfway into the week of pestilence, when the plague comes. Yet no Grun shall die of the disease for their two hearts shall keep them alive. This shall let their blood be used as a vaccine, in case you were wondering.

To the Nephelisi - All fledgelings are immune to the fury and may try to convince the Elders to calm themselves. For some reason, while their feet are on the ground, they are also immune.

To the Humans - Your forgetfulness will last only another week, but thankfully you remember enough to devise a cure for the pestilence. The amount of civilian casualties in all kingdoms that the vaccine reaches will be reduced by 25%. If you get Grun blood before the end of the week, you'll be able to save more than that.

To the Elves - Your forest begins to release a sweet song of peace. You are currently immune to Graul's affects because of this blessing.

To the Werewolves - Your race gains strength in the vicinity of Elves and Gruns, due to old blood feuds.

To the Aquasal - One of your people finds a cache of ancient treasure in a cave that was recently uncovered by a tsunami to the north. This money will cost 200 men to retrieve, which you may get these 200 men back in two pages, or less if you can convince me you have a way of getting the massive amount of gold from the cave in an effecient manner. ))

[hmmm lol reversing positions : the young being wiser than the old]

Arianna's guards entered the room where her screech had come from.

An odd sight indeed greeted them: All the Elders were silent with looks of fury on their faces. And the Queen also looked ready to tear out a throat or two. That wasn't normal.

Hesitating to intervene, but knowing they must, the guards slowly approached the Elders and Arianna with soft words - trying to defuse any more 'unpleasantness'. As the focus shifted to them, they gently escorted each of them outside to the ground. Hoping that the uncharacteristic behavior was due to the pressure of being cooped up at all hours and that the open air would do some good.

Arianna was the easiest one to lead away - perhaps she was still young enough to not too set in her ways, as it seemed this behaviour seemed endemic among the older generations.

As soon as Arianna set foot on solid Earth - her mind cleared - at least sufficiently to think clearly again. Thanking the guards for their diligence, Arianna observed the Elders behaviour as they too landed.

They did seem calmer, not completely - at least they looked a little sheepish about their earlier behaviour.

"I think that was an example of Graul's influence...." Arianna mused, "...and is very telling considering the written warning I'd received at King Davian's council."

"Perhaps we should all keep our feet on the ground until such a bad wind passes.... We must still remember the other warning given."

With that in mind, Arianna used her communication stone to reach the Elves. Travel overland was going to be much slower than if they could fly there.

An ill wind blows over the prairies of Windholme, as such travel to Evengale will be slower due to the need to keep to the ground. Arianna explained the situation - as well as the effects of the ill wind to the Elven Ruler. She also apologised for the delay caused.

Message sent - Arianna asked the relatively unaffected guards to gather volunteers

to learn archery and scouting techniques off the Elves. Although the medical research should remain as a priority....

((Just a quick question, when will the plague come into effect?))