sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

To all shimmer owners, guard your shimmer closely. Watch the eggie like a hawk. Fog when you won't be around to take care of it. Try not to put your eggie into huge fansites the first 24-48 hours. If at all possible, remove your scroll name and hide your scroll for extra protection. sad.gif Things can really go out of hand when there are folks out there who just doesn't get that this is just a game.

Edit : AW: Fogging will not protect the eggie from death if the stats are too huge for the young egg to handle. It can die in a fog. sad.gif

Edited by arlymaye

Aww, that sucks. sad.gif

Perhaps it was caught by someone who didn't know any better and added it to a fan site right after they caught it?

We may never know.

But still, thank you Amazon for giving us all the opportunity. It was a wonderful gesture and even though it didn't turn out the way we hoped, it was still nice of you to do what you did. smile.gif

To all shimmer owner, guard your shimmer closely. Watch the eggie like a hawk. Fog when you won't be around to take care of it. Try not to put your eggie into huge fansites the first 24-48 hours. If at all possible, remove your scroll name and hide your scroll for extra protection. sad.gif Things can really go out of hand when they are folks out there who just doesn't get that this is just a game.

True this, but it's still odd because this morning (because I was stalking the egg 2 hours after I missed it in the AP...), it didn't have that many... about 30-40 UVs and clicks. And that accumulated over 2 hours. :| Someone did view-bomb it, though, but it just sucks how the owner wasn't watching it at all and threw caution to the wind.

edit: What also sucks is that "(The owner of this egg is accepting aid from others.)" v.v

Edited by kiyoura

I suspect that the owner just plain didn't know that it would/could happen. Probably has no idea of the value of the egg they just caught.

I'm not talking about the owner. I'm talking about the person who view bombed the egg.

That egg had to have been maliciously view bombed. People sore at not getting it must have put it into click sites. That is really vindictive and sad.

'ulp ;_;

It's only just died, too. It was still a fuzzball when I checked about 15-20 mins ago.

*curls up in protective huddle with Catch and cries*

Aw...sorry to read about this, Amazon_warrior... sad.gif I hope the future siblings fare better. It was still a lovely gesture on your part to gift to the AP.

True this, but it's still odd because this morning (because I was stalking the egg 2 hours after I missed it in the AP...), it didn't have that many... about 30-40 UVs and clicks. And that accumulated over 2 hours. :| Someone did view-bomb it, though, but it just sucks how the owner wasn't watching it at all and threw caution to the wind.

Actually, something isn't right the moment it was caught. I saw how the views rise with each second, and this can only happen when the egg is being auto refreshed. Regular viewing by regular folks will not have such a viewing pattern.

'ulp ;_;

It's only just died, too. It was still a fuzzball when I checked about 15-20 mins ago.

*curls up in protective huddle with Catch and cries*

sad.gif I'm so sorry. I hope this doesn't deter you from any future plans you might have for your babies! There are many, many people who would love to get an egg from Catch and would take good care of it. You're awesome for taking the chance in letting it drop so that everyone had a chance.

That egg had to have been maliciously view bombed. People sore at not getting it must have put it into click sites. That is really vindictive and sad.

I just don't get it. What can you gain by doing something like that? If the eggs dies it'll still be counted in the ratios for year long time span. Killing the egg just slows down the spread of them and it also lowers your chances of getting one soon.

It's stupid.

Aww. Poor bb! ;;

My bronze shimmer got sick when it was a baby. The views skyrocketed from 800 to 6000+ overnight. I was afraid it would die.

I'm so sorry, AW /cuddles

Oh no, poor Luckiest's baby....*mourns*

So... "Unluckiest" might be a better term? :\

It is really sad some people are arrogant enough to maliciously attack somebody/something all because they didn't get it. Jealousy, stupidity...

Edit : AW: Fogging will not protect the eggie from death if the stats are too huge for the young egg to handle. It can die in a fog. sad.gif

Yeah, I know it doesn't. But I'd kind of hoped that the owner fogged it in time to let it get better. *sigh*

I don't know if it got view-bombed so much as just over-clicked by the curious. When I posted the lineage and first announced I'd be AP'ing it here, it got over 20 clicks in about 15 minutes and promptly got sick. I had to fog it until just before I sent it to the AP and the new owner seemingly didn't have a clue.

Actually, something isn't right the moment it was caught. I saw how the views rise with each second, and this can only happen when the egg is being auto refreshed. Regular viewing by regular folks will not have such a viewing pattern.

Yes. I will agree with you here. I wasn't watching the Views, though... I find UVs/Clicks to be more important, although Views play a part, too. I absolutely agree that the egg was put into some site where members click on each others' links - which is why that click count is so high.

Still, 30-40 clicks is a much better chance of survival that 128 clicks. >.>

Yes. I will agree with you here. I wasn't watching the Views, though... I find UVs/Clicks to be more important, although Views play a part, too. I absolutely agree that the egg was put into some site where members click on each others' links - which is why that click count is so high.

Still, 30-40 clicks is a much better chance of survival that 128 clicks. >.>

I've thought that the max of view an egg can gain per UV is 15 and that getting close to the max number of views makes it sick.

I've thought that the max of view an egg can gain per UV is 15 and that getting close to the max number of views makes it sick.

Well, the Shimmer currently has a ratio of about 10:1 for Views versus UVs... They generally get sick when the total of V/UV/Clicks combined are too high for whatever its current stage is.

edit: And metallics and the prizes tend to be able to withstand a higher V/UV/Clicks than let's say, common eggs (also why they are harder to hatch).

Edited by kiyoura

It just goes to show the risks of APing an egg. Sometimes they go to amazing people like Amazon who will love and care for them forever. Sometimes... this happens.

We can all still be thankful that the same thing didn't happen to Catch. <3

*hugs AW and Luckiest*

It sickens me that people can be mean to the point of viewbombing an egg out of jealousy. Get a life.

DC along with fansites should do something to prevent this.

Well, the Shimmer currently has a ratio of about 10:1 for Views versus UVs... They generally get sick when the total of V/UV/Clicks combined are too high for whatever its current stage is.

edit: And metallics and the prizes tend to be able to withstand a higher V/UV/Clicks than let's say, common eggs (also why they are harder to hatch).

Well, that's pretty close to a max cap.

... I've thought that metalics and prizes were more sensitive... so they are harder to hatch.

DC along with fansites should do something to prevent this.

There's only so much fansites can do. TJ already gave them the option of making it so that users have to sign into their DC accounts to add eggs, but the fansites have to use the option. Not only that, but a lot of users (like me) don't like having to sign into a site to add our eggs/hatchlings.

Awww no!!! :'( Thats so sad!! :'( I now think that if I get a shimmer egg, I will fog it everytime I go away for more than an hour! ohmy.gif

It just goes to show the risks of APing an egg. Sometimes they go to amazing people like Amazon who will love and care for them forever. Sometimes... this happens.

This, unfortunately. Them's the breaks with AP'ing. I did my best to spread the word, and it had as good a chance of landing on a caring scroll as any other egg.

Aww... So sorry A.W. sad.gif Poor eggie.

I was really hoping it had been fogged in time. With the warning TJ added to scrolls when something is sick, you'd think people would be better able to manage that, but I guess it just happened too fast.

Some people just aren't happy unless they have everything someone else has. Just arrogant and pathetic, really. sad.gif

I don't understand how killing an egg through bombing the stats even helps the person trying to kill it. It affects the ratios, and it's one less shimmer to breed from.

Thanks for trying anyway, AW. Just sad some people are so disappointing over this.

It died.

Man, that sucks. Can't believe it.

I would of fogged it instantly if I got it.

Umm, 11 more I think... o_o Gonna be lots of shimmer sharing! laugh.gif There's a chance I could get another one tomorrow, and another possibly at the weekend. c:

No offensive, 42, but like I said before, you make me sad.

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness