angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:More selective topic tracking

I know nothing about the limits of what forums can and can't do, so if this is impossible please close.

But I was hoping... is there some way that it can be made possible to track only a single member's posts in a single thread? There are times when I only want to follow one person's posts in a topic (such as the starter of a dragon request's posts in their own topic, or the host of a bingo game's posts in that thread), but right now as far as I can tell I can only track the entire topic or nothing at all... which means my inbox rapidly fills up with stuff when only a very small number of those emails are ones I'm actually interested in D:

There is no option that I know of that would allow for that, so it would require special coding in order to do that.

I know nothing about the limits of what forums can and can't do, so if this is impossible please close.

But I was hoping... is there some way that it can be made possible to track only a single member's posts in a single thread? There are times when I only want to follow one person's posts in a topic (such as the starter of a dragon request's posts in their own topic, or the host of a bingo game's posts in that thread), but right now as far as I can tell I can only track the entire topic or nothing at all... which means my inbox rapidly fills up with stuff when only a very small number of those emails are ones I'm actually interested in D:

Related to that: I'd love to receive one email per thread visit rather than one email per board visit. If I'm browsing the boards and a thread I'm following moves rapidly, I'll come back to find my email full of notifications of the same thread.

A change like this would probably mean some pretty heavy custom code. Although I understand wanting it, I don't believe it's something the forum can realistically offer. Anybody have some more specific info on this?

I too would like to see something like this as I lose emails between many Dragcave notifications, but as SPS said, it may be difficult since it is so particular. Someone who does code may handle this a little better, though.

Edited by DeathCry

probably the only workable way is the cumbersome method of going to that person's profile and search for all posts by that member then scroll through the list to see their individual posts and open up only the posts you want to read. Get a bit out of control if the person is a heavy poster though.

This isn't possible right now with any forum software I am aware of, and would be non-trivial to add for the small portion of users that would use it.