Fortune86

Please Close

(([/b] What happens if someone attacks out of the barrier. Anyone can leave the barrier if they want, that is why Nick is always by Helios' side so that the barrier can move with him.)

((Ah. If I had known that I wouldn't have had Helios ask to be released from it. I'll know for future reference. Although that said it's probably just as well Helios mentioned it otherwise Nicolas would have had a heart attack if Helios just went running off lol.))

((Yeah I wanted to clear that up but left it till someone asked. Was to lazy to explain xd.png))

((Just out of interest, is there a limit of how many barriers Nicolas can create at a time or a limit on range? Can the barriers be smashed through if enough force is applied? Say a 4.5 meter robot hammering down on one?))

Slowly, slowly the darkness receded. First sensation came back to him. Mainly pain, swamping his body and weakness. Then it was hearing.

"What the..."

Rolo attempted to open his eyes, but couldn't find the strength to do so. Instead a whimper came over his lips.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Yes the limit is five barriers at a time. The large one should be basically the size of a house.

Yeah it can be smashed through if they did it like couple of time which will leave Nick drained from power if they broke it.))

((And lets add when he teleports his barriers fade as well))

((RP teething troubles. Don;t you just love them? o3o

I have completely lost track of everything. Everthing.

Just remembered I have an OOC for all this *headdesks*))

Helios stared down at the boy, trying to work out what he was seeing. Obviously they couldn't be the same person as the robot's pilot, unless they were a clone or something. They were far more likely to be a close relation, like a brother or cousin. But why were they left behind like this? Had they been forgotten? Or left on purpose for some sinister reason Helios did not yet know? Either way they couldn't just leave him here on the road.

"Nicolas. Let us return. We'll take him with us" he said nodding at the stirring figure.

Nicolas reached Helios and kneeled next to the fallen victims, one dead and one seemingly alive. The then placed his hand on Helios’ shoulder and his other and on Rolo. In seconds they disappeared into a puff of smoke and reappeared in Avalon’s infirmary room.

Nicolas let go of Helios’ shoulder drew his attention to Rolo. He picked up the young man and placed him on one of the beds. He then returned to the dead body of Forge, picking her up and placed her on a bed. Nicolas then took a sheet and covered her, closing his eyes he said a small prayer.

When they arrived in the infirmary room Helios walked over to the medical pods. Neither of them were in use, which wasn't surprising as he still hadn't redesigned them yet.

They were coffin like in shape, but in appearance resembled the ribcage of a giant animal. The bars were a dark murky green and gave the patient the impression they had been imprisoned or devoured by some skeletal beast. If possible they tried to place people in them while conscious, as waking up inside one without recollection of entering caused panic. A considerable problem given that many of the mutants in Avalon possessed destructive powers.

Helios turned to look when Nicolas reappeared with the female mutant's body. Helios hoped they could at least discover her name. They would bury her if no one claimed the body and something needed to be placed on the marker.

"I screwed up, didn't I?" he asked Nicolas.

Nicolas returned to Helios side when he spoke, he could see the young man was troubled. Usually when someone got hurt or got killed Helios then to take it very hard. Unlike Nicolas who has seen many deaths and killed many didn’t allow this didn’t faze him much.

“No.” he spoke in a calming voice. “Those who attacked you screwed up. They are the ones to blame for this.” He then touched Helios on the shoulder. “You need to stay strong. They know you have a weakness now and more of this might happen. Thus you must be more careful when leaving Avalon from now on.”

He felt himself being picked up. Rolo did not bother to try to summon the strength to struggle. Then he was deposited in something that felt like a bed. How was there a bed on the street?

Rolo decided to push this question back for later. It seemed to him he wasn't in immediate danger anymore.

Which of course forced him to think about what had just happend.

He had killed Forge.

Which was bad, because if Magneto ever found out about it, he'd be kicked from the brotherhood and thus the only family he had left. Not to mention he had liked Forge. They had been close. In fact she had been the one to give him the nickname Ninjaboy.

In retrospect it was clear that he had acted stupid.

Geso had stood a step away from the plane, almost in safety.

There had not be a reason to kill Forge. He could have just pushed her away from Geso, given his twin the time to board the plane.

But in that splitsecond when he started to fall, he had angeled his body in a way that he'd hit her shoulders instead of her chest, shifted his weight so he'd push her forward instead of backward. Had known nothing but that she wanted to kill his brother and that he wanted her dead for it.

Uncomfortable with that train of thougth he concentrated on the conversation between the strange mutants instead. Apparently Nicolas was playing the blame game with himself.

Rolo opened his eyes carefully. He was in a room he did not reacognize. He tried to sit up but he felt too weak.

“Those who attacked you screwed up. They are the ones to blame for this. You need to stay strong. They know you have a weakness now and more of this might happen. Thus you must be more careful when leaving Avalon from now on.”

"Looked as if you gave them quite a run for their money from where I was.", he volunteered. He was still lying on the bed flatly but his at least he had managed to turn his head in their direction. "By the way where are we? Who are you guys? And how did you get me here? Oh and since I am already asking questions - has anyone a towel with which I can wipe the blood from my face? That helmet wasn't quite as clean as I had hoped "

Edited by Laura-Lana

Helios did not have time to respond to Nicolas' attempts to comfort him when their 'guest' awakened and began to speak. When he asked for something to wipe his head with Helios silently retrieved him a roll of paper towel from a nearby cabinet and handed it to him.

"My name is Helios" he said, knowing that if the boy before him was with the mutant hunters he would already know this anyway. "And this is a safe place. No harm will come to you unless you try to hurt someone else. If you attempt do so then I can not guarantee your health."

Although Helios may have asked Nicolas to pick this boy off the street and bring him back to Avalon with him, he did not trust him. He had many questions of his own. Starting with who he was and what his connection with the pilot was.

"What is your name?" he asked.

Edited by Fortune86

Rolo took the towel and relieved that his hands and arms seemed to work wiped his face.

"Ninjaboy" he answered automatically when Helios asked for his name, then he winced, reminded of Forge. He gave Helios a loopsided smile "A bit melodramatic, isn't it? Call me Rolo. Are you with the brotherhood?"

It was possible. The brotherhood was very close but also very paranoid. No one knew where all their cells were located, except, maybe, Magneto.

"No" said Helios. "We have no such affiliations with them. We are Nameless. A strange title I admit, but quite fitting."

The name had started off as a joke amongst the mutants in Avalon. Nearly everyone there had lost their homes and families as a result of their mutations revealing themselves. Many of them had survived before Avalon by begging, stealing and other less savory ways. They had been forgotten and ignored by the world and had fallen in to the state of 'non-people'. They had no faces, no voices, no names. Just things to be walked past and maybe tossed a coin or two if you had change.

Helios sought to change all of that when he built Avalon. By working together with the other mutants he had found he gave them a home, a family of sorts and a purpose. He had helped them recover their identities, but everyone remembered where they came from. 'Nameless' had been adopted not just as a description, but a reminder of what would happen if they fell again.

Helios studdied Rolo as he wiped himself down.

"You bear a strong resembalance to the one who piloted the robot. What is your connection to him?"

So the three of them weren't brothers. Not really. No matter what Forge had thought about the topic. Rolo surpessed another wince, but his guilt did not change his opinion. If you did not join the brotherhood you could not consider yourself part of the family.

"You bear a strong resembalance to the one who piloted the robot. What is your connection to him?"

So this Helios had seen Gesos face. And noted the resemblance. Hard to overlook anyway. All their life people had assumed Geso and Rolo were identical twins. The differences were hard to spy even if they stood next to each other. But their DNA wasn't identical. As evidenced by the fact that Rolo was a mutant and Geso not.

Rolo became deathly pale as he suddenly realized that if Helios had seen Geso, Geso would have seen Helios and probably him.

"Please tell me he did not see my face!"

Edited by Laura-Lana

"The pilot had alread left when I removed your mask."

Helios realised he was still holding said mask and handed it over.

"I take it that revealing your face to the pilot is greatly undesired?" he asked. "Why?"

Rolo hadn't answered his question about his connection to the pilot either. Helios had no intention of letting him leave until he had done so. The last thing he wanted was for Rolo to bring those mutant hunters down into Avalon.

Nicolas eyed the fella for a few seconds when he spoke, then he just turned around making his way to the sink. His words had barely comforted Helios when Rolo’s words broke their conversation but this didn’t bother him much. Finding out whom and where this person is from is more important.

Taking out two glasses from the cabinet above Nicolas filled them with water. Usually one wouldn’t find these items in an infirmary but with Helios spending time here Nicolas added a few things extra. Waking back to where Rolo and Helios were with filled glasses he offered them to the two. After a day like this they might be rather thirsty.

"The pilot had alread left when I removed your mask."

Rolo breathed a sigh of relief

"I take it that revealing your face to the pilot is greatly undesired?" he asked. "Why?"

Yeah. He had kind of given that one away. Too late to deny it now. He might as well speak up.

He tried to sit up again, but let himself fall back with a groan when his heart started hurting horribly again.

"Because we are brothers and he'd hunt and kill me if he knew I was still alive. That's why."

Edited by Laura-Lana

When Nicolas approached with a glass of water each Helios took one and cupped it in his hands. He didn't particulary feel thirsty, but the cool glass felt good against his skin.

When Rolo tried to sit up as he explained his situation Helios wondered if he was hurt. He couldn't see any visible wounds, but that didn't mean he had no injuries.

"Are you in pain?" he asked glancing over at Nicolas. If Rolo needed treatment he would need his friend's help to get him into a medical pod.

"Just my heart giving me trouble." Rolo said calmly. "I have had too much excitement today. The doctor says I need to be more careful with myself, but seriously... my days are numbered anyway. I don't want to spend them tied to my bed just for the hope I'll live a year or two more."

He looked at the water the blue-eyed and still unnamed mutant had brought and wondered if they'd hold a grudge if he refused.

Helios put his glass down on a nearby table and looked at Rolo.

"Your heart?" he asked concerned. "What is wrong with it?"

The medical pods were a fine feat of Helios' talent, but they had their limits. Given time they could heal even the most severe of injuries, but they were useless against diseases.

"And why ever would that interest you? "

Rolo frowned. There was no way he was going to explain his suspension power and it's horrible backdraw. But Helios would probably be suspicious if he refused to answer. Besides it kept him from asking more questions about Geso. He shrugged.

"I've had had a couple of close calls with heart stroke. So far I've survived, but they left traces in my heart. Dead meat so to speak. They in turn make the next attack more likely of course.

I had the last one not long ago. My heart simply stopped beating for a moment there. You probably noted me crashing down to earth? Bad timing there."

Well that actually sounded believable. No way he was going to admit Forges death had been anything but a tragic accident.

Edited by Laura-Lana

So the female mutant's death had been caused due to bad timing? Rolo had not intended to kill her? That was something at least.

Helios stepped to the side and gestured towards the two medical pods on the other side of the room.

"Those are medical pods. I understand that they look somewhat daunting, but they possess the ability to heal almost any injury. If your actions today have caused your heart stress then they may be able to help alleviate your suffering and undo any damage done."

The man was offering him healing? Just like that? Well if the guy was not going to name a price he wouldn't ask. If he hadn't agreed to anything he couldn't really be held by it.

"They look more like something designed to cause heartattack not to cure it" Rolo said, a trace of humor in his voice. "But whatever. Promise me to get me out of there if it doesn't work though? Oh and..."

He glanced at Forge.

"Will it help Forge, too?"

If it could bring Forge back to life he was willing to bargain. Not necessarily for himself. Even if Helios managed to repair his heart he'd just ruin it all over again anyway.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Arriyen sat stiffly on a chair inside the headquarters gazing off into space. He often had moments of where he would just sit for hours or even days staring off at some random object. Usually he would laps onto this cycle when he had nothing to do, and he was just waiting for everyone to return at this point. He shifted his position a little and gazed at another object across from him and returned to his stillness.

((Please correct me if my information is incorrect.))