Fortune86

Please Close

Rolo only half listened to what Nicolas told him. He was too busy wondering about the boy with the vase of flowers, who had retreated behind the corner when he saw them and now tried to peek around it unobstruvely as if he was afraid they'd attack them.

He heard enough to conclude that it was probably an entertainment room for teenagers and opened it, his attention still on Nicolas instead of the room.

"Either someone is worried about you, me or you've got a spy here. Maybe you want to have a look" He said in a low voice and nodded in the direction of the boy.

Nicolas closed the door as he turned around to look. To his surprise it was sweet Twix carryin a vase of flower, looking nerveous as ever. Nicolas could only smile as he looked down the corridor, he had always have a soft spot for the younger ones.

"Stay here." He spoke softly to Rolo. "He struggles a bit with people."

Nicolas then left Rolo walking straight towards Twix. As he reached him Nicolas went on one knee before the boy, so that he would look up to him rathen the other way around.

"Hey there Twix. How are you today?" Nicolas asked in a gental voice.

When Twix was about to peer round the corner again he saw Nicolas striding towards. Panicking he got caught up about what to do and in the end remained in place when the older man kneeled before him.

"Okay" he replied quietly, fingering the rim of the vase. "I was just going to put these in the recreation room."

He held the flowers out a little by the way of an explanation. It contained springs of heather and pink hyacinths.

"They are beautiful." Nicolas spoke as he looked at the flowers. "I've seen that you have been keeping an eye on the plants in the green room as well. I'm very impressed and thankful."

Nicolas rose frome his position placing his hand on the boys back. He didn't push him or anything, he allowed Twix to move on his own.

"Come let's go give that room a bit of color.” Nicolas stated smileing down at him.

((To lazy to do color while using the phone to type))

"Okay" beamed Twix. He was pleased that his flowers had been noticed and appreciated, especially by some as hard working as Nicolas.

He began to walk down the corridor until he re-spotted Rolo. He stopped and looked up at Nicolas, not knowing whether he should approach the other boy or not.

Nicolas followed Twix still with a smile on his face reassuring the young boy that he shouldn't worry to much. When they came closer to Rolo Nicolas could see that Twix wasn't sure about their guest.

"Twix this is our guest Rolo. Helios was kind enough to let him stay here a bit, he is in my care for now." He spoke bending over looking the boy in the eyes before he rose again looking at Rolo. "Rolo this is Twix, one of many that stays here."

Nicolas stepped slightly past they boy enough so that he couldn't see his face.

"Nothing to worry about Twix, am I right Rolo?" Nicolas spoke in a gental voice but his eyes had a murderous look in them as he looked at Rolo.

Rolo did not care for that look at all. He gave Nicolas a defiant smirk and said: "Yes, I am as harmless as the easterbunny. See my fluffy ears?"

As much as Nicolas attitude irritated him, he would like to have someone his own age to talk to, so he added in a friendly tone. "I am Rolo Lamperouge. I can fly, but I've had a crashlanding in front of Rolo and Nick here. Nice to meet you."

He figured telling Twix about Forge's death and Geso wouldn't be suited to put the shy other boy at ease.

After briefly glancing up at the top of Rolo's head to check if he did indeed have fluffy bunny ears Twix gave the other boy a shy smile of his own.

"Nice to meet you too" he said politely.

If Rolo was here on Helios' invitation then he must be okay. Ever since Helios and Nicolas had brought him to Avalon he had nothing but complete trust and admiration for the two of them.

Twix shifted the weight of the vase of flowers into his right hand and reached into his pocket with his left. He pulled out a dried Wisteria flower and silently handed it to Rolo.

((FYI: Wisteria = Welcome))

Edited by Fortune86

Evron watched Helios, Nicolas, and Rolo as they spoke. He frowned knowing fully that the man was Brotherhood. He had seen him a couple times when he was with his sister. He watched as Helios left after fixing something.

Their young leader was always fixing things, Evron had been impressed by the boy's aptitude when he'd first met him. Evron trusted the boy enough to lead them, but that didn't mean he agreed with every choice Helios made. Evron moved from his place at the kitchen table in the corner once they had left. He placed his dish and cup in the dishwasher and without so much as a word, he left.

A few small burns on his arms were still fading away from a small assignment he had just gotten back from. He ghosted behind Helios as he walked down the hall. His voice broke through the silence and the shadows around them shimmered.

"Why is the brotherhood here?"

((Riiiggghhttt, so correct me if I'm missing something, but I think this post is accurate?))

Rolo stared and didn't react for a moment. Of all the reactions being offered a dried bluepurple flower hadn't been among them. Was this Twix sweet on him or what? Giving himself a shake he took the flower and gave Twix a weak smile.

'It could be worse.' he reminded himself silently. 'He could have offered you a rose. He's probably just weird. Remember Oak offered you a freaking piece of moss as a welcome gift when she first saw you?'

He studied the thing, trying to come up with something to say.

"That's .. uhm... you like plants, don't you? Do you happen to know the name of this one?"

Rolo certainly didn't. And truth to tell he had no idea why he should. Flowers were for girls.

((Seems nothing wrong with it. But you are with Helios not Nicolas or Rolo, right?))

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Evron passed by Rolo, but he didn't really make his presence known. Has Fort posted my forms? *goes to check*))

Astraea was at a school, the very one that supposedly was supposed to be training mutants and humans together. She was just there as a visitor under the pretense that she had a human daughter. The woman frowned inwardly at the thought at humans and mutants mixing. Someone was bound to die and she would make she it was not her kind.

((short post is short, but it sets her somewhere.))

((Ryujin the rules state that you should PM the forms to Fortune.))

((And you haven't picked a team Ryujin. Please read the rules carefully.))

As Helios drew close to his workshop he heard a familar voice behind him. He turned slightly confused by the question, but it quickly dawned on him they were talking about Rolo.

"Hello Evron. You are talking about our guest I believe? He was injured during an attack by some Mutant Hunters. Kelly's men I suspect. I did not want to leave him hurt and in their custody so I had Nicolas bring him back with us. I asked Nicolas to keep an eye on them during their stay, so there is nothing to fear. I do not believe he means to cause us harm ."

~~~

"Yes I do" beamed Twix. "This flower is a Wisteria. Do you like it?"

"Uh... yeah, totally. I mean I've never gotten a Viseria before.", Rolo hoped it wasn't as easy to hear his lack of true pleasure as it sounded to his own ears. He really did not want to embarras the shy boy, but he had no idea what to do with that 'gift'.

How long would he be expected to hold it? And was there a convenient gabage bin somewhere that he could entrust the flower to when Twix was not looking?

Content with Rolo's words if not his tone Twix grasped the vase with both hands again and moved on ahead into the recreation room.

The room was quite large, almost the size of a school assembly hall, and was littered with all manner of things. Pool tables, video game arcade machines, a tv, a few shelves of books for public use and even a kiddie's ride machine in the shape of a rabbit.

Twix walked over to the table on which the TV sat and gently put it down next to the screen. Almost reverently he began to adjust the flowers so that they didn't block the view.

Rolo followed him, dried flower still in hand and turned the TV on. It was a reportage about the new school.

For a few seconds the camera showed a crowd of parents who had come to get some last informations before the school opened tomorrow.

Rolo grinned as he reacognized Astraea. She had promised to go there and get some information for him just in case tomorrow would prove a deathtrap rather than a schoolopening.

"Where are you going to school, Twix?"

"Hmm?"

Twix stopped in his work for long enough to turn and look at what Rolo was watching. It was that human and mutant school some of the others had been talking about. He turned back to his flowers before replying.

"I'm not going to go to a school. I'm going to stay here and learn."

Evron listened to Helios, but his frown remained. He knew their leader could be merciful, but that sometimes bothered him. That could get them killed. He really didn't say what was on his mind: he didn't trust Rolo. Not one but. He didn't have to say it, his opinion would be obvious from his expression.

"I heard about the attack. A trap from what it looked like. Someone wanted us-mutants-to show up." he told him, it was probably already known to Helios, but Evron said it anyway.

"Helios, I'm not the only one uneasy around the follower of Magneto. Quite a few greatly dislike such an idea. It is dangerous to keep him here. He is a time manipulator."

((Rolo: And that after all the trouble I went to make sure no one here knew about that power. Someone wants to tempt me to plant a knife into their heart.

Me: You don't know he told them.

Rolo: He better make sure I don't find out. How did he figure that one out anyway? I am careful around non-brotherhood members.

Me: Because he can look into the past?

Rolo: Uh. Yes, guess that might do the trick.))

"But you could go to a normal school. I mean you don't look like a mutant. You could just pretend to be a normal human for lessons. I do that too."

Rolo stopped himself as he realized that the other one might well BE a normal human. Nicolas had said he didn't know if there were non-mutants here or not.

"Uhm... you are a mutant right? Sorry, I am a bit unsettled about this topic. I am starting at this new school tomorrow and I worry about all the things that might go wrong. I guess lessons here are just as good as outside. This seems to be a pretty big complex. You probably have more than enough teachers here."

Nicolas followed the two from behind keeping an eye on both of them as they entered the recreation room. He leaned against the door frame listening to their conversation .

"That is enough of those tipes of questions." Nicolas spoke with warning in his voice as he looked at the pair. His eyes were fixed more on Twix in case any signs started showing. They don't want an incident like last time.

"Uhu. Excuse me that I am breathing. Would you deign to inform me which type of conversation we are allowed to have?"

If Nicolas was going to suggest flowers he'd start screaming. He still had that dried ... whatever-Twix-had-called-it in his right hand.

And why was Nicolas staring at poor Twix that way? Was he afraid the boy would give him top-secret information? Like what? That he did't like his mathematics teacher?

Edited by Laura-Lana

Helios' eyes and mouth contorted into three perfect 'o's of surprise. Rolo was a time manipulator? That explained the stress on his heart whenever he used his powers. Such a feat would surely take a formidable amount of effort.

Thinking back Helios realised he had little idea of what Rolo's powers were. Other than idle curiousity he had never asked the others about their abilities much. A mutant was a mutant, and therefore family. Their powers didn't matter much to him, but he could see why Evron was concerned.

"I'm not going to throw him out" said Helios as his expression relaxed. "Even if he does work for Magneto, that doesn't mean he is our enemy. I have full faith in Nicolas being able to keep tabs on him, even if he can stop time or whatever. I don't think he can do it for long without hurting himself and even I can't stop Nicolas from following me."

Which was just as well in a way. If Nicolas hadn't appeared at the school the situation couldn't have gone a lot worse. Helios drummed his fingers on his toolkit as he thought.

"He might not want to stay too much longer anyway. I don't think he and Nicolas are getting on very well. Rolo may well grow fed up with him before long and ask to leave. Nicolas will teleport him to a sfae place when he does so."

~~~

Twix was just going to reply to Rolo's question when Nicolas' warning cut him off. Believing that the older man knew best he stayed silent and finished arranging the flowers in the vase.

“The things I say and I do is for a good reason. If you don’t want to listen then I suggest it’s time for you to leave Avalon.” Nicolas spoke now with his eyes now focused on Rolo. Twix seemed to be doing fine but sometimes question can cause trouble and make people unhappy. He cannot let it happen here today.

“So what is you decision?”

((That and the fact that he use to be brotherhood.

If there are major things you don't want Evron to reveal yet, let me know and he'll accidentally miss things.))

Evron shift his weight from one to another, he was still frowning.

"Rolo could do a lot of harm and Nicolas wouldn't even know until it was too late." he was silent for a moment.

"The sooner he leaves, the better. Now, this wonderful school I keep hearing about from some little bird. What is it? And are we doing anything about it?"

Evron hated staying in one please. Drove him crazy and he wasn't great with the whole staying in one place thing, especially with a brotherhood member around.

“The things I say and I do is for a good reason. If you don’t want to listen then I suggest it’s time for you to leave Avalon.” Nicolas spoke now with his eyes now focused on Rolo. Twix seemed to be doing fine but sometimes question can cause trouble and make people unhappy. He cannot let it happen here today.

“So what is you decision?”

"Doesn't seem like you've been doing much except complain about me trying to chat with someone YOU introduced to me. And then when I ask what kind of topic wouldn't set you of you act all insulted. You..."

Rolo blinked and suddenly stopped talking, staring at Nicolas in surprise. "One moment. Did you just say I could leave? Since when? I thought I wasn't supposed to look for an exit?"