pinkieseb

DC Vitual-Money

Original Idea By Ice_SW!

DC Gold/Money

A big no-no..

Though, what if instead of using the money for trading. You could buy certain dragons holiday costumes.

For instance if you had a magi, and loved the 2012 halloween costume. You could pay 100g to have it dressed up like that for as long as you like.

You'd of course be able to reset it and have it back to its original sprite.

This would be optional as that if you dont collect the gold, you just dont worry about it.

Not sure how you'd earn it, AP Catching, CB Catching, New Eggs via Trades?

Extras

~NO SHARING~

Absolutly no option to trade/gift money to others.

~No Fees (For Releases, Kills etc)

People are talking about it, just making it clear. If there is no way to trade/gift, money sinks arn't needed!

~Shop Option Thing~

At the bottom of all the stats there could be a little drop box looking like this:

[NONE]

Halloween '12 [bOUGHT]

Christmas '11 [bUY]

Etc, It would go from most recent at the top, oldest at the bottom.

All of the things would cost the same, if you click a BUY option it automaticly takes it from your money 'account' and the NONE at the top resets the dragons sprite.

Edited by pinkieseb

I think anything that involved changing the sprites permanently on your scroll would require the permission of each and every spriter, so I think it'd be a lot of work to actually implement. Some spirters are no longer on the site anyway and I believe (but I could be wrong so don't quote me on this) that the reason their dragons are dressed up for Halloween/Christmas is because it's just a temporary thing that TJ gives permission for and then they go back to normal again. I could be wrong about that though, like I said. But I think I read something to that effect a while ago.

There was a thread somewhere after Christmas last year where people wanted to be able to change their dragons to the Christmas version (for their view only, it wouldn't show up on their scroll when others viewed it) but I can't remember if that was shot down or what.

But anyway, I'm not keen on this idea for two main reasons. First is what I've mentioned above about how it'd be difficult to get all the spriters' permission, and secondly is because I don't want to see any kind of currency on this site, regardless of what you can "buy" with it. Even if it's just costumes, that's still essentially buying a new sprite that you can't get otherwise, so I don't see how it's any different to the other idea that was posted recently. I wouldn't like to see any kind of currency implemented on the site and I don't really understand why other people do.

how you earn the money is by hatching egg, so a really common egg will give you about 100DC(Dragon coins tongue.gif) and it raises by 50DC every rarity, this is just my suggestions, to help make this request almost better

I think they should be priced for one gold per common and two per blocker HATCHED. Nothing for getting to adulthood. Nothing for uncommons or rares. The price of the dressup adjusted accordingly. There's no need to have tons of gold per hatching since that just makes the price of a dressup that much larger.

I'm neutral, just suggesting how it should work.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

how you earn the money is by hatching egg, so a really common egg will give you about 100DC(Dragon coins tongue.gif) and it raises by 50DC every rarity, this is just my suggestions, to help make this request almost better

A costume would be about 1thousand per dragon.

So the economy would go out of balance or anything.

I like the idea of egg hatching xd.png

I honestly dislike this idea. The dressups that have happened for the holidays were done in fun, not really ment to be something year round in my opinion.

I have to say that I'm with those who dislike the idea of a DC currency or of people being able to 'buy dragon upgrades' of any type, on principle.

Cute idea for other pet sites, but I'd hate to see anything like that here myself, for what that's worth - i.e., only my 2 cents, lol.

Edit: and having to 'pay' for normal game functions which have been unlimited since inception appeals even less, sorry.

Edited by Syphoneira

As I mentioned over in the other thread, rarity is a player concept in all honesty. And rarity changes over time (such as CB blacks used to be very very common and now are hard to grab thus some players calling them rare)

and also to balance the game: to release a dragon you can pay 500-900DC(dragon coins) based on rarity

Absolutely not.

This would punish people who don't give a dang about the gold if they happened to want to get rid of a dragon.

Why should I have to pay a fee if I don't care at all about the gold? I'll just kill the damn thing instead, really, if my alternative was paying a fee using a system I don't want to touch.

And NO to paying to kill. It's not right to force players to use the system to use previous functions of the game that were free. That's just all kinds of messed up.

That doesn't balance the game--that just pisses of a lot of people.

You can't just slap a random fee on something and call it balanced.

Edited by KageSora

and also to balance the game: to release a dragon you can pay 500-900DC(dragon coins) based on rarity

......and why would having to pay to release a dragon balance the game?

If you're referring to the ratio hell that would happen if people raised dragons to adulthood for the coins and then released them, that's why I suggest having coin only be given for HATCHING so people can dump them in the AP if they don't want them on their scroll.

Yea, NO.

Definatly not! Forcing people to pay even when they dont care about the currency would just be cruel..

And if you mean the fees as a money sink... that doesn't work, since not everybody releases dragons and money sinks only work if they actually entice people to spend the money.

Honestly, I dislike almost all ideas of DC currency or something to give one member an advantage over another member. Like someone who can be on for seven hours a day versus someone who can only be on 10 minutes a day.

In video games, money sinks are things player need to play decently. Repairing armor/weapons, buying food/drinks from venders, or components they cannot harvest/make themselves. Things that players will WANT to buy. There is also small fees on services such as buying from a broker instead of going to the player's house to buy directly (Everquest 2) or for placing an item onto the auction house for others to bid on (World of Warcraft). These are minor and is attached to a feature that many players use.

And if you mean the fees as a money sink...  that doesn't work, since not everybody releases dragons and money sinks only work if they actually entice people to spend the money.

There's no need for a money sink in this suggestion since it isn't an economy, just a direct "get gold give it to the site to get a holiday dressup for a dragon" situation. It doesn't MATTER if a player amasses a gazillion gold because they don't care about dressups because there is no economy attached to it.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I was simply wondering if they were seeing some of the discussion going on in the other thread and bringing it in under the idea that we'd need a money sink here.

You're right that for this it doesn't require it, but the idea wouldn't work as a money sink IMO even if we did have an economy to worry about.

i was only suggesting that there was a fee to release dragons....but i think what about a fee on killing adult dragons....nah...............i am done with the fee system........

To be honest, I think there should be a stopper on sending money to other users altogether. Then you wouldn't need a money sink.

To be honest, I think there should be a stopper on sending money to other users altogether. Then you wouldn't need a money sink.

Which is exactly how this system would be set up.

btw: i'm reporting this thread, wishing for it to be closed.

People are notoriously unable to divide different but close ideas in their arguments, thus it is absolutely no goid idea to start it discussing right now as a parallel to the other thread.

if this does pass, everyone on the game, gets about 5k in money( dragon coins), to start everything.

Also, if currency is placed into the cave, its TJ who decides how much we start off with, IF we start off with anything. 500 is a good starting point, not 5k.

if this does pass, everyone on the game, gets about 5k in money( dragon coins), to start everything.

Why? Getting dressups should be something earned. There's no point if you start off with enough money to dress up half the dragons you want to. The best startup money is 0, that way people don't get a ton of freebies.

The pet sites that I've come across, most of the time you start off with zero currency. Most of the sites that DO give you starting currency you use almost all of it up buying your first 'pet'

See, this is an idea for currency that I wouldn't mind. The fees, heck no, but the ability to be able to change one of your dragons to one of the previous dress-ups you loved? I think it'd be neat, especially if that was it's ONLY use, and you had no way of transferring money from one player to another.

I know I'd be making all my spitfires don this years Halloween colours if I could xd.png

(Of course, artist permission and all that, but I think that would hardly be an issue since it would be as simple as a 'do you mind if people keep using your past dress-ups, yes or no')

EDIT: And I think starting off with 0 would be a good idea. Everyone would be equal, new players would have to stick around for a while to earn it and all that.

Edited by Haloclimb