pinkieseb

DC Vitual-Money

Which is exactly how this system would be set up.

btw: i'm reporting this thread, wishing for it to be closed.

People are notoriously unable to divide different but close ideas in their arguments, thus it is absolutely no goid idea to start it discussing right now as a parallel to the other thread.

I started it because people were discussing it in the other thread and somone said they should make a seperate thread. They never did, so I did tongue.gif

Im making an edit to the first post with good suggestions for it!

Edit- Extra edits made to first post smile.gif

Edited by pinkieseb

Why would there be a cap? There is NO reason to have a cap. What if someone wants to save up and dress up all the dragons they want to dress up at once? What if they want to have enough currency on hand to dress up any dragons they want whenever they want? They earned it, there's no reason why they shouldn't.

One thing, there would have to be a way to revert dragons in case people change their mind.

Yea, I think there would be a small thing where on the dragons page. A pop-down box thing, like this:

[NONE]

Halloween '12

Christmas '09

Etc

It would just fill up with the more you buy... Or possibly.

[NONE]

Halloween '12 [bUY]

Christmas '10 [bOUGHT]

You'd click the things you havnt bought by clicking on it...

Everything would have the same price...

I was thinking it would be easier to have a "shop" where you could "buy" a halloween 2012 potion that you could hold until you wanted to give it to a dragon and cause their sprite to change. Once the sprite has been changed you can either change back and forth as you like or you need to buy a "revert" potion to change them back to normal.

I still say a cap on the amount of currency you can have is eminently unfair and unnecessary.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Yea thats what it is, I explained it better in the first post xd.png

I agree, i removed the cap tongue.gif

Edited by pinkieseb

Some other suggestions for purchases:

- Shortened breeding/CD times (Anywhere from 3 hours to 1 day?)

- Shortened biome grabbed egg release CD(Maybe 1 hr off?)

- A one use per purchase infertility power to make the next egg bred frozen

- New site skins

- Lottery tickets (for Christmas-esque egg contests)

- A one use per purchase power to set a scroll message at the top of your scroll

Feedback?

Edited by DarkEternity

No to all of those, I dont want an currency allowing players a large advantage over others because they want to be involved.

No to all of those, I dont want an currency allowing players a large advantage over others because they want to be involved.

Dressups would already disadvantage players who didn't use the system. Honestly, if raising dragons gave you virtual money, why would anyone want to opt out? You'd already be raising dragons for trophies and BSAs; failing to participate in that already disadvantages players. I don't see how many of the suggestions (apart from perhaps the lottery system) disadvantage players more than they are already disadvantaged.

Huh? Some people would'nt care about the money and just ingnore their money count completly....

I'm okay with this being used for costumes, because that's fun and doesn't really negatively impact users as long as the levels make sense and aren't too hard to achieve by *any* player. Assigning points for commons raised/etc is a good way to do this.

I'm not okay with these points then being used for things like cooldown, etc. If you think about it, a player with seven egg slots is already going to have an advantage over a player with four... I definitely would *not* want an older player (and I'm one of them!) to have the advantage of being able to gain seven points every two days as opposed to a player who has no reds and therefore gets four points every three days.

Costumes are just fun, pretty things, if the levels are set reasonably then no newbie is going to panic thinking that they'll never get there. Cooldowns and stuff impact things like holidays when the amount of time it takes you to raise dragons controls how many of those dragons you even get. (Halloween specifically is what I'm thinking of, here.

Some other suggestions for purchases:

- A one use per purchase power to set a scroll message at the top of your scroll

Feedback?

This one I'm okay with.

Anything I'm going to be okay having currency affect is going to be something that doesn't really affect gameplay.

Honestly, I dislike any suggestions of currency for DC. TJ has said that there will never be any money used on DC-real or virtual.

The dress-ups are specially available for a limited time. That's what makes them so cool. If people were able to see the dress-ups all year round, it would cheapen their effect.

So I have to say no to this thread and the other one. Keep money out of DC.

1. I'd prefer the costumes you buy to be "permanent" in the sense that they don't fade away after x amount of time. Rather, they come off when you take them off (either by choice or through a potion, whatever, personally I think it should rather be like clothes, where once you own them you just /take them off/ when you want lol) because if I have to buy the costume every x days, I'm probably flat out not going to buy it at all, and then there's simply no fun in it for me.

2. I'd prefer you have to buy the costume per dragon, not buy say, the black dragon's 2012 Halloween costume, and then can use it on as many black dragons as you like. This ties into my first point in that the costume be semi permanent. In which case, I'd have more fun raising dragons and earning coins so that I /could/ dress up all of my dragons if I wanted (because I'd have to earn enough coins to dress them all individually, plus if they have Christmas /and/ Halloween costumes, I'd have to earn both.) Obviously if you've a more logical way to make this part work, have at it, this is just what I'd think would be more fun and more incentive to hatch and raise dragons. (I would enjoy working up to this point, I understand not everyone would.)

3. Costumes should not appear in lineages (and I'm pretty sure they didn't during the events, and I seriously don't think TJ or the spriters would allow it anyone, I'm just throwing it out there because I have an opinion on it.)

4. I wouldn't mind the coins being used on extra things to spruce up your scroll- things to leave a message, different backgrounds, what have you. Things that are /optional/ and don't change gameplay for anyone else. I think this could encourage a larger list of skins and fun options on the game and I'd be happy to see them.

5. I would mind coins being used on things that do impact fairness in gameplay. Lottery tickets for Christmas is a bad idea, because people with lots of scroll space could, in theory, hoard coins all year and then submit them all for lottery tickets at the end. Maybe if there was a cap for /one/ extra ticket per person, I could see that. Maybe. But even at that point, you've either got everyone with two tickets (so same odds), or people who couldn't reach whatever the price was by Christmas vs people who met it very easily and thus causing whining and unfairness in general. It could also promote multiscrolling (just pointing it out, pretty much anything does anymore though, honestly >.>) because then they could rack up enough on extra scrolls just to submit for the ticket and have a few extra shots. Uncool.

6. Purchasing frozen eggs. I actually think that's pretty cool. I would hope it would get implemented in some way that kept them off the scroll in general- maybe put them in some sort of badge that acts as a collector? I don't know or care, maybe someone else has an idea? Maybe the "rarer" eggshells could be a little pricier. Holly eggshells pricier than Holiday eggshells pricier than tinsels pricier than commons? Whatever. Point being, it wouldn't impact anyone else or their game style, because it's you raising dragons you'd already raise for currency to purchase a frozen eggshell everyone else has the exact same odds of buying (100% if you have the alotted currency). Someone else can work out whether you can only purchase an eggshell once or as many times as you like-honestly I don't care either way, I'd just like to have one, and I know it's popular enough to wedge its way into basically every game mechanic request I've seen.

7. Enhancing BSAs. I'd have to say not to this for one reason: it's unfair for newer players compared to older players, and only gets more unfair over time. People with more slots/higher trophy and more BSAs are going to be able to whittle away more time (and earn gold faster) compared to people with no BSAs and no trophies, and it comes down to a gap that you can never catch up to. You'll raise things faster, earn gold faster, and thus be able to raise things faster in an endless cycle. I've already got all my trophies and more than enough BSAs for all the things I want to do and I still think this would be incredibly unfair to new players, and possibly off-putting. I want enhanced BSAs as much as anyone, but there has to be some sort of balance that doesn't totally screw new players.

8. I don't see a point in a cap if it's just buying silly fun stuff that doesn't affect anyone. Maybe I want to buy a crap ton of costumes and frozen eggs? That doesn't hurt anyone or screw up anyone's game style. So there isn't a point in capping it, really. Plus, if the holidays continue at this rate, there might be more costumes over time, in which case, I'd probably stockpile my coins around the holidays so that when the new costumes come out, I could start out by purchasing my favorites for continued use and then working on the rest (I love completing sets of things, even if I'll never use them.)

9. This only applies in a sideways kind of way but- perhaps we could use a few coins to send a message to other players? I think it might be cute to send out a pygmy with a message by bribing him with some gold. I am only bringing this up as a way to spend coins PLEASE DO NOT START RANTING ABOUT WHY THIS WOULDN'T WORK/IS UNWANTED. I've seen plenty of that in the thread about it and I'm aware of the flaws of the system (people could use it for spam breeding requests, spam in general, harass people or to send awful messages) and also the pros (you could use it to leave messages for friends, to request breedings from people who genuinely don't mind that sort of thing, etc. The thread has mentioned this would be something you would have to opt INTO. It would start with you automatically NOT participating, so you would automatically prevent spam and annoying requests. That thread has already mentioned many of these points and I don't want to debate them here.) I am only including it as part of many ideas I've seen floating around the suggestions area that I think might tie in well with a currency system that is used for FUN and not advantageously in the game.

10. If this were implemented, where would the coins be kept? Just a curious thought.

if a basic thing for currency comes to dragon cave, it will eventually grow, so i am hoping that if this gets put in them game it will start of small and grow.

What if BSAs could be enhanced for people who don't have gold trophy? Or the bonus on the BSA's could be progressively reduced as you move up from the bronze to the gold trophy? It could encourage people to keep actively playing the game and perhaps expand the existing player base - beneficial if TJ wants to make a living out of this game tongue.gif

I don't think costumes should come up in lineages either. But they're pretty. I think that currency would be the ideal way of sending messages to other players. It would prevent an overload of messages having to be moderated/checked in the system. It could also be potentially used to prevent spammers from using the message system (the option to send messages, for example, could be greyed out in the store).

I think that currency would be the ideal way of sending messages to other players. It would prevent an overload of messages having to be moderated/checked in the system. It could also be potentially used to prevent spammers from using the message system (the option to send messages, for example, could be greyed out in the store).

I honestly was typing this out so quickly and tiredly that I'd overlooked your point- you would have to have the currency to send messages, limiting the number you could send and limiting spamming. Such an excellent point. Thank you!

I'm against the whole costume aspect of this.

Christmas is christmas. Halloween is halloween. Those costumes are special because you only get to see them on your dragons for a few days a year. Allowing people to buy them whenever they wanted ruins the 'specialness' for me. People would want those costumes because they're different, but after they've had the costumes a few months, will they be so special? Will the person be as happy to see them come next christmas?

I suppose for me it felt like there might be several reboots of costumes. As in, multiple sets of Halloween/Christmas attire. Not every year (dear god I wouldn't expect that of the spriters) but it felt like maybe they might want to? I mean they did go to the trouble of doing it for both Halloween and Christmas, I was under the impression they enjoyed it.

Regardless the costume aspects of my many points will eventually come down to TJ and the spriters. While I know some spriters will have no objections, others will, and it is what it is and I can respect that.

I think it will become too complicated.

I think the special costumes now are enough.

No one should own them.

I wouldn't like to see any kind of currency implemented on the site and I don't really understand why other people do.

I have said heaps on the other thread, so - just this. It sort of makes it a bit - kiddy pet-site-ish. Oddly, this game as it stands feels grown up !

Though I do think the artists might give this one the thumbs down anyway

From what I gathered in the first post, it's supposed to work in a similar way to this website which I used to use. (no advertising, just an example.) they implemented it to stop users using adblock, by rewarding them.

The currency on that website is collected by clicking on a banner in the advertisement space.

(They have a pay-to-remove-ads feature too, and that doesn't affect the availability of the banners. we could do it for logging in, hatching eggs, whatever- still the same principle. )

The currency is for your account, and your account only. only you can spend it, and you can't send it to anyone else.

Their intention was to set up a 'store' in which you and only you would be able to spend the currency, to get perks. I don't know if they ever got round to doing that, but that's a similar idea to what the OP was going for. I think.

I don't necessarily support the buying of costumes, but if we WERE going to implement something like this, it would probably run in a similar way.

Edited by dracocharky

Sounds too pet-site-ish to me, so no.

I honestly dislike this idea. The dressups that have happened for the holidays were done in fun, not really ment to be something year round in my opinion.

I think this is the strongest argument against.

In RL I don't support dogs dress up (I'm a handler) unless it is completely neccesary.

This is a game, not RL, and I did find the dress up and Christmas recolors and so to be very much fun. It was sort of like when I was a kid and I got myself a kinder egg, I was wondering what the dragons would look like.

But that's it. It was fun to see them get into familiar characters dresses, but as something purely out of fun, not as something to be done all year through. There is something awesome in the expectation, not only for new eggs, but for new events, and I wouldn't like that to disappear.