Moonbeam22

New message for abandoned pile

I personally find the message for unsuccessfully grabbing an egg from the AP to not make a lot of sense. It is a matter of someone grabbing the egg before you, not you being "unable to find the egg you are looking for." Sooooo I kind of thought of another message that would work a bit better with the situation.

"Try as you might, you are unable to grab the egg before someone else takes it."

or something like that. Just a derpy thought of mine.

+1 support

What happens, the egg vanishes into thin air or something?! The message is confusing because it makes it sound like the egg just disappears rather than someone else taking it.

There is a message similar to that, but it rarely shows up.

EDIT: Nevermind. I got my sites mixed up. But I'm pretty sure there's a ninja'd message.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Ninja'd message:

"Unfortunately, you are not quick enough, and someone else snatches the egg/hatchling before you can reach it."

Missed-by-a-bit message:

"Try as you might, you cannot seem to find the egg/hatchling you are looking for in the abandoned area."

We're talking about improving the second one.

Perhaps you looked away and someone grabbed it while you were walking over there. Like when your pencil falls off the desk silently and you spend the next 3 min looking for it. But I do support this smile.gif

support. most players already know what the second phrase means, but for newbies it would probably be confusing.

Oh. Well then ignore my first post.

In that case, I support. I agree, it is confusing. Though I always imagined the egg disappearing underneath a landslide of abandoned eggs, started by someone scrabbling for a metallic.

Support, based on clarity (yeah, like I know anything about that).

"You find yourself grasping thin air, because someone was quicker than you were."