boscodelta

Best / worst trades you have ever made?

So what are some really great trades you have ever made? Or the worst? Is there something that you think back on and you say to yourself "Why the crap did I trade for that?" or "I can not believe I just got that!"

Maybe it was a one way transfer you managed to get from a gifting thread, what was it that made it worth remembering?

List any recent trades, that you were just so happy about you couldn't keep them bottled up inside. Let us all know!

Edited by boscodelta

My best trade was little more than a few days ago. Managed to trade for a CB silver for a few 2012 halloween hatchlings xd.png

When hellfires first came out I traded one for a sitting alt black, that was back when all the alts were hatching curled tongue.gif

Edited by Sister of the Dragon

My best trade was getting a nicely lineaged 3rd gen thuwed Silver for a name smile.gif The name was pretty cool (it was 'Flame'), but I didn't really like the dragon I gave the name to, so I traded it away xd.png

I traded a 2nd gen gold tinsel for a 3rd gen holly last year.

is that good or bad trade ^^

Back when teleport was first introduced, I traded a CB Stripe for a messy lineaged ember, which I thought was a magma trio egg. mad.gif I have since learned to tell the difference between the two eggs. wink.gif

A few weeks ago I traded 2 or 3 CB hatchlings (can't remember how many) for a 2nd gen Magma. C: I don't think I've ever had any "bad" trades really.

I don't think I've done any really awful trades. I once did an IOU of 10 CB Moonstones in exchange for a CB Silver. It took a couple weeks, but it was so worth it. And when it was done I really felt I'd earned that Silver.

I'd definitely consider myself in the 'haven't had any bad trades' department.

The 'worst' I can think of is when one of the League trades I make gets single-hatchling offers from people who already have plenty of the dragon I have, or when people simply don't offer caveblocker species on it but something more valuable. laugh.gif Then it's a pain picking who to give it to.

I'm not sure what my best was. Possibly the 10 CB hatchling : 1 CB black trade I did once (for my first CB black <3); yeah, some people might consider that extortion, I don't know, but the suggestion of the amount of hatchlings came from me and there's little I enjoy as much as raising commons in troves for people, so it was quite fantastic for me. <3

Edited by pinkgothic

is that good or bad trade ^^

Actually I am not really sure. I regret it some days but I have to remind myself I wouldn't be able to get a Holly any other way. I have no faith in my interent and clicking skillz so getting CB metals are impossible. I don't have the time to neglect either. dry.gif

My "worst" trade, so far, was trading my 3rd gen, perfect stair step Silver for someone's uneven, fourth gen Silver.

I still have no idea of what to do with it.

I've traded so many things.. hm, my best trade is probably when I traded two 2nd gen eggs for a 2nd gen Silver. |D;

Worst trades (Me:Them)

Valentine '09 for a vamp

Best trades (Me:Them):

4G Gold for 100 neos

Gifted an awesome person one of the new releases just after they came out and got return-gifted a 2nd gen silver. Later gifted someone else a 3rd gen red and was offered an IOU of a 2nd gen sweetling to be that silver's mate. Best week ever.

My worst trade was last Halloween. I was looking for 2nd gen Pumpkins and someone PMed me saying they had a 2nd gen Pumpkin they were wanting to trade away. I offered them a 2nd gen Marrow that I had caught in the AP in return; they accepted. I set up the trade and sent them the link. Only then to see, for the first time, the lineage of that "2nd gen" Pumpkin. Someone had bred a CB Pumpkin with a fairly long and messy lineaged Pymgy; which is fine, but it was clearly not what I had been asking for.

I told them that that was not what I wanted and was pretty annoyed (I already felt like I was getting ripped off a bit; to me, Marrows and worth a bit more than Pumpkins), but I accepted the trade anyways. Later, I dumped that Pumpkin in the AP and picked up a 3rd gen Pumpkin.

My second worst trade was probably when I traded eight CB hatchlings from a brand new release for one Silver Tinsel (it has a nice lineage, but the lineage is too long to be worth much now).

The time I traded away a 4th gen Silver for a White tinselfail was pretty bad too. >.<;

I can't remember any of my best trades. Though last Halloween, I had set up most of my trades with someone before the holiday event and I felt like the person I was trading with was the best person ever for giving such great lineages for such low "prices." laugh.gif

My best trade was trading my 4th gen Gold x Stripe Tinsel egg (from Gold Epica) for a CB Gold egg (my first one ever!) - that was almost a year ago (just a few days shy!). happy.gif

Edited by Duysterwald

Best trade, a paper for a CB silver back when that rare glitch happened and rares were breeding more then they were supposed to. :3

Worst? 2nd gen gold for a vampire the halloween they got their bite BSA. I still regret nothing. :'D