Iza111

Subtitles, or your language?

And do you prefer English, or subtitles?

Me, I like it in the original Language.

Edited by Iza111

subtitles for sure :']

I do NOT like the Dutch language at all...

I do like subtitles occasionally, because sometimes those actors/actresses/voice overs speak too quickly, and what I hear gets muddled up. So those subtitles at least give me an idea of what they're saying before they too disappear from the screen.

I generally prefer movies on the original language. If the original language is English, I don't need any subtitles. If the original language is one I don't understand, I obviously need subtitles tongue.gif The Ice Ages movies though, I actually prefer dubbed. Gotta love the Norwegian Sid xd.png

I prefer languages to subtitles. Subtitles get in the way of me enjoying the show/movie. I can't concentrate or the actors/characters and their interactions if I'm trying to read what they are saying.

If it's a language I don't understand(usually Japanese or Korean), I prefer subs. It just feels weird watching them dubbed in a different language.

If it's an English movie/series, I prefer the original.

But everything else I prefer in German (native tongue)

I prefer hearing things in their language of origin.

Same, I prefer to watch anything that's not originally in English, German, Russian or Latvian in the original language with subs.

I've watched subbed things so much that nowadays I can easily draw while watching something subbed at the same time.

Subtitles mostly.

It depends on the voices. While I prefer the original language in most cases, I wil swap to a dub if a voice of a main character grates on me.

Depends. If I can't stand the voice actions in another language, then I will listen to the dubbed version.

If I don't really care, I'll do with subtitles.

Hmm, it depends. I don't really mind subtitles (You Are Umasou! <3) but I don't really mind well-done dubs, either. I suppose my main issue is whether or not the English versions are different than the text of the subtitles, as that can throw me off a bit. X'D

That being said--the only anime I've watched in both (The Vision of Escaflowne) kinda threw me on a loop. I originally watched it in the original Japanese, but when I got my family to watch it with me, we did so with the dubbed version. The English voices really threw me off! ...but then I just recently rewatched the dubbed version again and now the JAPANESE voices kinda throw me off xd.pngD

I usually prefer subtitles, but I sometimes listen to the dubbed versions to laugh at the accents or mistranslated words.

if its japanese anime. i like it subtitled since they always edit stuff out in the english dub but with regular shows i like english

Well, you always lose something in translation no matter what language you're dealing with. Japanese has a lot of conventions that are almost impossible to translate or just don't really have an English equivalent.

One show I like to watch with both subtitles and dubs is Hetalia. The accents in the English version are hilarious while the subtitles more accurately convey the original story.

I generally prefer subtitles. I look at dubs, though most of them are horribly done. xd.png If I find a good dub, I may watch something dubbed.

There are some shows, such as Inuyasha or Bleach, that I first saw as dubbed and so stuck to that for the rest of the series.

I'm not really picky, I watch it in either. Sometime I watch both the sub and dub. It also depends what's out legally. Since somes series are simulcast I watch it in the japanese first and then when the Dvd comes out I watch it in English.

Also if the show is really action-y I tend to watch the dub since it's annoying to have to keep pausing it to read the subtitles. An example of that would be summer wars. There's just too much going on screen and they did a really great job with the dub. Funmimation tries to keep things as close to the original as possible.

Subtitles. History has told me that 9 out of 10 dubs are horribly done.