TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Aero smiled and rubbed her soft skin with his thumb, her cheeks still moist from the tears. "That's a little more of the Ceto I know." He said. He leaned in and kissed her gently, passionately. He pushed against her gently, guiding her to the bed.

((I don't dare post more, but I think that's the first and last time (for a while at least) that they're going to admit to caring for each other xd.png even if it was in their own way.))

"I've been trying to convince Abe... Tell ya what. If I go back to Ireland, I'll drag you along..."

"We could hold each other and put names on the stars... I can't wait..."

Even though she'd only caught bits of the conversation, Abe was crushed by it. Cullen, of all men, seemed not to be the type to cheat and sleep around. Yet...she'd had her suspicions ever since Ambra boarded and the two Gaelics bound by nationality had bonded almost unnaturally well. Turning from the corner she'd been huddled in as soon as she heard the two speaking, she wiped a tear from her cheek and bolted to her bunk, subsequently burying herself in her thin blankets and lumpy pillow and just sobbing. I'll show him... I'll show him what that pain feels like. And I know just who to help me do it...

Mary

She gathered her stuff, packing away what little she owned. It wasn't much, but she had to leave. Poppy's rise to power, it was too little evidence and too much of the Assassin crap she'd heard before. She owed the captain, the true captain, too much to back down now. She put it all in a bag, and slung it over her shoulder. It hurt a little, no, I hurt a lot to think that she'd be leaving and Robb wasn't coming with. She gulped and started to walk down the plank and onto the dock.

[Night.]

Robert "Robb" DuBois

The black haired Frenchman didn't know what to do. Robb paced up and down the deck, running a hand through his greasy hair. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to do! H was just a healer, a cabin boy studying to become a surgeon. He didn't know what the assassins considered to be right or wrong. He frowned, stopping and looking at the docks. It was then that she saw the woman. That one woman who understood him. "Mary!" he called, running after her. He grabbed her shoulder and turned her around. His eyes searched her face. "You're not really leaving, are you?" He asked, his fingers squeezing her shoulder. "They'll go after you too, Mary. Please don't leave me." he begged. But what he really wanted to do was admit that he loved her. That he fell a warm feeling in his chest that he never felt before.

Mary

She was suddenly turned around, Robb's hand on her shoulder. For a moment, she didn't know how to react, she wasn't planning on running into him. "Yes, Robb. I have to leave, I owe the captain… the true captain. I'll be back, though. It's just something I have to do." Mary smiled, trying not to cry. She was going to miss him so much, and she could only hope that she'd make it all the way through this war or mutiny or whatever.

[Class.]

Ceto Sylvini

It had been months. Abe, Mary, Garrett, Aero, Roberts, and her gathered every day to see what they could do to get the ship back. But there were no new ideas. One of them had been saving up enough money to buy a new ship and use it to chase after the Sista Viska. But even a civilian boat costed a lot of money, and it wouldn't stand a chance against the large Assassin ship. Ceto had been thinking of actually taking a boat, but six people against a whole crew. They would be slaughtered. She walked to Aero's room, and stepped inside. She looked around. "Aero..?" she called. She had finally went to the doctor. But it wasn't what she had expected to hear. This couldn't be happening. Not now, when she had so much to do! She had a little piece of Aero in her. She decided it must be the size of an apple seed, but it would soon grow. It made her afraid. Angry. That was why she was going to beat the crap out of him when she saw him.

Ambra Neirum

It sure was greener than she remembered. Even though it was July, but it was still humid and the sky was cloudy. It seemed that it was going to rain all day. Ambra smiled as she looked at the sky, clinging to Cullen as they rode on a worn path. For some reason, this seemed a lot like deja vu. Maybe it was from all of those years ago? Her eyes glimmered with excitement and happiness. "This place looks so nice!" she smiled, bouncing a bit in her saddle. The red haired woman had tied her hair into a braid, and it sloped down her back. It was a new style, but she liked it. Her hair would stop getting in her eyes. She giggled, holding him tighter. Ambra usually got very excited when she saw something new. It was almost as if she would snap and bounce around all over the place. "Where are we going first?"

Aero had been in the middle of writing something. He dipped his quill in the bottle of ink sitting on his desk and scrawled the black liquid across the parchment. He then set the quill in the ink and let it sit there, meanwhile he lifted the parchment and blew on it gently to dry the ink before he rolled it up, sealed it and placed his signature bronze arrow around the outside. "Come in Ceto." He said hearing her call his name as she entered slightly. He set the rolled parchment on his desk and stretched a little. He leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, writing for long periods of time always made him tired, but such was the life of a master, and now more than ever as he tried to help Ceto regain her trust and rank in the creed.

Ceto Sylvini

The day was cloudy again, a summer storm rolling in the distance. The humidity was almost too much for her to bear. She sweated as if it were a hot summer day. "I went to the doctor today." the woman told him, sternly. Her gaze searched for his, but held a very tiny flame. It was almost as if she were blaming him for what he did. Alas, he didn't know what he did yet. "I'm pregnant." she told him bluntly. Her eyes narrowed and her jaw grew taut. It almost seemed as if she were about to explode. "With your child, Aero." she hadn't gone and slept around with anyone else than him. She waited for his reaction, her brows furrowing together. It was amusing, seeing her so worked up. But this was serious. What were they going to do now?

Aero picked up his glass and started drinking from it, still leaning back in his chair when Ceto dropped the bomb that she was pregnant. He gulped quickly and inhaled some of his drink. He started coughing and in the process lost balance and fell backwards in his chair. He hit his head on the floor and grunted as he fell flat on the floor, spilling his drink. "Ouch." He muttered as he stood up rubbing his head. He looked at Ceto a little anxiously. "You're sure!" He said his voice shaking a little. "This isn't some kind of joke or a mistake?!" He asked grabbing Ceto's shoulders firmly, but gently trying not to hurt her. "And you're certain it's mine?!" He was getting nervous now. This wasn't the time for her to be with child.

Ceto Sylvini

Ceto smacked Aero's hands away from her shoulders when he grabbed them. She snarled at him, her eyes glimmering with malice. It was true that she had stayed true to Aero. But not because she loved him or anything of the sort. It was because, for some reason, he kept her attention. He was a loyal assassin, stern yet kind, and very intriguing to play with. "I haven't been with anyone but you, you idiot." she snarled at him. Now what was going to happen?! She would have to stay calm for eight or nine months or whatever, and by then the Sista Viska could be long gone! Yet, they were taking their chances. "I'm so stupid! Why the censorkip.gif did I get in bed with you?! Why?!" she slammed her fist into the wall, making a hole. It hurt her knuckles like hell, but she didn't say anything. "I don't want it! I want it out of me! I don't want your God rambled censorkip.gif*** brat inside of me! Get it out! GET IT OUT!" now, it wasn't often that Ceto threw tantrums. But she was in hysterics now. She sat down on the edge of the bed, sobbing wildly into her hands. Now she wasn't going to get her crew back! Ever!

Mary

The roof was quiet, which was perfect. She picked out the tallest building to sit and think. These were precious moments when she wasn't happy and optimistic. When her eyes were nothing but blank pools of brown that scanned the city. She gripped a flask she'd 'liberated' from some noble and drank deeply from it. When it was empty she wiped her mouth and put it back on the ground. She liked to pretend the Sista Viska could be seen from the roof, the white sails fluttering in the wind and the creak of the deck under her feet. Robb grabbing her shoulders as she left only made her feel homeless and helpless again. The thought made her cry. She buried herself in her knees and arms, crying. She'd tied her hair back, her hair had grown just enough for her to tie it back like she used to. Even the familiarity of her old hair couldn't comfort her now that she'd lost her home. She looked over the edge briefly. No one would miss a street urchin. "It would be easier to say yes and give up." she scooted away from the edge, sitting more in the middle of the roof. No, she couldn't think like that, she had... she had this little Rebellion and Robb to think about. She... she'd be missed by them at least.

Abe, who, in an act of defiance against Cullen, who had broken her heart with his apparent infidelity, chopped off her dreadlocks so her hair was short and spiky, rubbed her eyes in a sorry attempt to keep herself from crying again. Even though she had a plan of how to get back at Cullen, it just broke her little heart to see him with another girl. Thinking of him with her while they had also been together. Maybe even using them both... Pausing under the overhang of a shady roof, she rubbed her eyes and sniffled, trying not to think about it anymore. She just had to work the angle with Garrett and pretend that her old significant other didn't exist.

Mary saw Abe, which was weird because she barely recognized the other woman with her hair so short. Moving carefully, Mary moved to the overhang where Abe was standing to hide from the sun. Mary leapt down in front of the other woman, carefully landing on her feet with cat-like grace. "Heya Abe. I wanted to say that you had a nice hair cut and-" Mary noticed the red rings around Abe's eyes. "Is everything okay? If it's about the mutiny then don't worry, it will all turn out fine! Unless it's about you and Cullen… don't worry just 'cause you're apart doesn't mean you'll never see him again!" she smiled, trying to cheer up the older woman.

[school.]

Cullen Reid

And so, months passed for Cullen. Abigail had decided to fight for their old captain, and he couldn't say ill against her allegiances, but he stuck to his convictions. The Brotherhood came first. Ceto had too much possibility to wreak havoc on their order to give the benefit of the doubt. He missed Abigail greatly. But now, he was home. He couldn't call his or Abigail's bed home any longer. Not without her. Without her it was simply a cold frame with a stiff mattress. Without that, he went back to referring to Ireland as home. He'd lived longer there tan anywhere. "Where are we going first?" He parroted. "Why, we can't come to Ireland and not say hello to my family!" He had no traditional family. He'd been orphaned young, he had no siblings to speak of and no extended family that he knew of. But family didn't have to be by blood. Family didn't have to share looks and pass on behaviors to their children and other things that parents might do to their children. No. A family was who you loved. Who you loved and would fight for. A family stood together in the dark, even if no one had a torch. He'd added people to his family as he'd traveled, but those in Ireland, his first friends, his first master, his late apprentice. They were his first family. And he couldn't have a truly happy birthday without spending it with family. "I bet you can't even see the entrance. We're not far."

Wiping her eyes self-consciously, Abigail shook her head. "It's alright. Don't worry about my feelings. I was just thinking about...the past." Forcing a smile that looked more pitiful than anything, the woman continued. "Thank you for the compliment." Sniffling and looking around for Templars, a little bird was singing a song that seemed to mock her situation. But then, it could also be interpreted as a good omen for the things to come, as a sign from God, who (from Abe's perspective) had done her no favors in the past.

"So what are you up to? Just people watching?"

(Sorry for shortness. sad.gif)

Edited by Mousia

Ambra Neirum

Well, it was Cullen's birthday... She expected to go somewhere nice. Maybe a resturant or horse back riding or camping? But the man said that he wanted to pay a visit to his family. Cullen had a family? Here? In Ireland? She never heard a word from him about his parents or brothers or sisters. This had to be interesting. The woman clung closer to him and looked over the land once more. She just couldn't get over the scenery. The rolling green hills, the distant streams and the rocky peaks of mountains. "The entrance? Oh!" how could she be so dull? He meant that they were going to see the Creed. The Creed... how long had she been on that stupid boat that was called the naval part of the Roman Creed? Pirates and Assassins didn't mix... they had different rules and morale. Sighing, she glanced around, looking for an entrance in a tree or the side of a hill. "Okay, I give up. I can't find the entrance. But I bet if you didn't know where it was you'd have a hard time finding it as well." she grinned at him. Ever since she had been on that boat she had grown feistier, a bit hardier. Whether that was a good thing or not, time would tell.

Cullen Reid

"Of course I could find the entrance. I have the eyes of a hawk and the senses of an eagle." The Irishman boasted as he they trotted up the path. He shifted around on the saddle a bit before managing to swing his leg over the horse's head so as not to kick Ambra. He strode to what seemed as random patch of grass and crouched in front of it. He knocked and waited in silence. He probably looked slow in the head. But he knocked again. This time, if one listened, one could hear light shuffling underground. Cullen whistled lightly. There was a knock from underground. Cullen whistled again. The doors burst out from the side of the hill and a man the size of a horse burst out of them. "Cullen! M'boy!" He roared as he lifted the smaller man visibly off the ground in a bear-hug that might put a bear to shame. By the end of it Cullen had to pause and take a deep breathe. "B-Borris! It's good to see you!"

"You look tan, lad! What's Italy done to 'ya!?" Borris laughed as he patted Cullen on the back, which didn't help his cause.

"I've been sailing, you old coot. Of course I got dark." Dark was relative. The Irish are not and never have been known for their color. "Borris, that's Ambra. A good friend of mine. Ambra, this is Borris. My old master."

"She's cute, lad, good work!"

"Abigail is back in Italy. You know how Scots are. This is Ambra."

"Shame. Welcome to Ireland, lassie! It's a pleasure to meet 'ya!" The giant man held out a hand to shake.

Edited by Dusset

Ambra Neirum

The red haired girl watched Cullen for a moment as he swung his leg over the head of the horse. She didn't see anything here... But she followed him anyway, swinging her leg over the back of the horse. Ambra followed him to a board on the floor. Cullen knocked on it, but no one came out. She frowned. Did he get the wrong place? I mean, what kind of Creed lives underground? We're people, not gophers. Maybe Cullen made a mistake? However, a man soon stepped out. She gazed up at him and took a few steps back. Now... he was huge. He was probably five times her size. But then again, she was a very short and thin woman. She didn't say anything as the two men discussed. But before she knew it, the man extended a hand. She took it and shook his hand. Even his hand was huge! Her eyes were large as she gazed at him, not even saying a word.

Cullen Reid

Borris shook hardily and laughed. Cullen whistled and their horse trotted up. "Let me get your things, lad! Must be tired from the ride from port!" It had been quite a journey. They had to take a oat and pay a little extra to sail to the West Coast, and even then, the Creed wasn't coastal. The big man took their bags with one arm and chucked them over his shoulder as he plodded down the steps. An apprentice came up just after and took their horse off to the stables they maintained down the road. "C'mon Ambra. I'll introduce you." Cullen said with a smiled as he walked down the steps. When he pulled his hood down there was suddenly a flash of black and Cullen was almost knocked to the floor as a squeal sounded. "Cullen!" The girl, now with arms wrapped around his waist, said. "Rebecca!" He said as he returned the hug. A man, pale and freckled, walked up and shook Cullen's hand. "It's good to see you, buddy." He said. This was Charlie. A few other assassins came over but faded away quickly. Rebecca and Charlie stayed. They were old friends with Cullen. "I'm glad to be back, guys. And I brought someone. This is Ambra. Ambra, Charlie and Rebecca. " They smiled at the new arrival.

Mary

"Nah, I was drinking and thinking. Ran out of stuff to drink though. So I thought I'd cheer you up, since you looked like you were having a tough time and also because you cut all your hair off." Mary was up front, she had no real reason to be a liar. Sudden changes often meant bad things to people, and it was in her own experience that most wanted only the status quo. Most. "By the way, ditch that stupid past. Dragging crap like that with you only makes you more unhappy in the long run." "Hypocrite." She smiled and pretended not to hear her own thoughts. It was better to run from something she couldn't let go. "Come on, we're gonna find something fun to do." Mary grabbed Abe's wrist and tried to pull the older woman along. "Just promise me that you won't mope anymore! We're gonna get pastries and we're gonna smile. Come on!"

Ambra Neirum

She was surprised that she didn't get yanked into the air by the man! If not, she was surprised that he didn't dislocate her arm. The red haired woman was impressed by the man's brute force, however. Ambra stepped into the hole and looked around. A bunch of people surrounded Cullen in the mean time. Her blue eyes flicked to and fro over the small home they had. The walls were made of rock and dirt and yet, it was a homely feel. She turned toward Charlie and Rebecca. "Hello." she greeted, a smile on her lips, albeit a bit strained. "Do you actually live underground? Or is this a work place?"

"What's wrong about living here?"

A tall, curt, graceful older woman walked up behind her. She yelped, bouncing backwards and crashing into someone. Yet, she didn't check to see who it was. The woman had jet black hair and bright brown eyes that sparked annoyance. "Who is this, Cullen?" the woman snapped again. She had her hands crossed in front of her chest and her eyes narrowed. She was obviously in a bad mood.

Cullen Reid

"This is Ambra. I brought her along to see Ireland." Cullen said. Charlie grinned and said, "Leave the poor girl alone, Anya." He snickered a bit. And to answer your question, yes. We do. Some branches might hide in plain sight, well we hide under it. Did you see the entrance? I'm sure Cullen had to show it to you." Rebecca was called away to do something or other and charlie added, "What brings you back here, anyways?" Cullen smiled a little at the question. "I decided a boat was no place to spend a birthday." It was dank, often dark and cold. Not to mention the mutiny and whatnot. Overall the Sista Viska was no longer a friendly place to be. "I had to come and say hello before we went sight seeing." Borris came back and turned to Cullen, "You can stay the night here, lad. You're always welcome. But we only have the one bunk spare" He patted Cullen on the shoulder and walked away. He had business to attend to, old friends or not.

Edited by Dusset

Ambra Neirum

Ambra sighed softly, a frown on her lips. The black haired woman scowled at Charlie. "I don't know about you Charlie, but I don't trust this woman. She might bear the colors of an assassin, but does she stand for them?" She snorted and began to follow Borris out. "I have to help Gregory with something. Keep an eye on her." and with that, she was gone. A woman who had approached from behind was looking at Cullen now.

"Cullen! What the times have done to ye!" Bella smirked at Cullen, walking up to him and shaking his hand. "Still as ugly as ever! Who's this lady?"

Ambra noticed that she was being looked at again. She looked at Cullen to see if she should answer. What if she was going to be aggressive like that other lady? The woman tip toed behind Cullen and peered over his shoulder. Maybe I should stay quiet.

Aero sighed and sat down next to her on the bed. He put his head in his hands and rubbed his face breathing in deeply. He had no words to say. What words could he say to comfort her? He couldn't really apologize, he never meant for this to happen. And he honestly didn't know if everything would be alright. The sharp tongue he always kept sharp with his wit had fallen dull, the word smith had been silenced. He put his arm around Ceto and pulled her against him. It was all he could do to express his presence and his support for her.

Ceto Sylvini

Ceto continue to sob, snuggling into Aero's chest. It wasn't because she wanted attention, it was just because she needed an anchor. "What are we going to do now, Aero?" she cried.