TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

((Happy Birthday to your dad.))

Cullen Reid

"I got you something the last time we were in port." Cullen said as he held up a hand as set his satchel down. Sticking his hand in, he removed a single ear-ring with a dangling, stone, four-leaved clover. "It's small but I thought it might suit you. Remind you of home and start you off looking like a proper pirate." He held it out for her and smiled. "Merry Christmas, Ambra." He pulled out Abe's gift in a fist and stuck it in his pocket, leaving the satchel where it laid, the shopkeep had given it to him to carry the items but it was worthless, really. "They were selling it for luck, but I don't think anyone in the shop even knew what a clover is."

[Thanks! So my posts will be short for a bit. I apologize.]

Ambra Neirum

She was suddenly presented with a stone earring. It was shaped exactly like a four leaved clover, and she smiled. "Oh, Cullen, it's beautiful!" She sighed, taking it and putting it on her ear. It felt kind of weird, only having one earring. But... it made her feel like a pirate. "If I had known that you were getting me something, I would have gotten something for you as well. I got Garrett a book on wooden things. He seemed to like it." she smiled some more and gazed at him. "What did you get Abigail?"

Cullen Reid

Cullen laughed a bit and told her, "Don't worry about it. This is the time of giving, not expecting, gifts." He smiled gently and removed the necklace from his pocket. "It's an agate necklace. It was mined in Scotland, near Glasgow, her home town. Took a Hell of a lot of searching to find one." Italy wasn't known for their imports from Ireland, that was for sure. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to find her. Enjoy yourself, lass. Have a good holiday." He walked off in search of her. Knowing her well enough, he figured she wasn't with the party. He wandered off to the cannons and grinned. "Abigail. Merry Christmas, I got you a little something."

Abe, who had been amongst the party and decided against mingling with the rest, sat near the cannons, looking out over the waters and letting her thoughts wander while simultaneously clearing her mind. She could feel the beginnings of sleep set in. If someone didn't interrupt her soon, she would definitely have collapsed on the ground and napped there. It was dirty and unsafe, so Cullen's sudden appearance was welcome after a second or two of thought. Turning to face her partner groggily, Abe rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and stood up, approaching cautiously. "Aye? That a fact? Well, what is it?"

Cullen Reid

Cullen grinned and said, "Close 'yer eyes real quick." He walked behind her and removed the agate necklace from his pocket again and set it around her neck, fastening it in the back. "It's from Glasgow." He said, merrily. "I thought you might like a little trinket from home. To remind you, you know? We're out here sailing across the oceans and we go all over, but we always keep a little piece of home with us. I was thinking you'd like another." He was pretty impressed with himself in that moment. He was normally fairly humble but he was feeling really good about himself and his thoughtfulness.

Aero approached Ceto holding two mugs full of ale and he had one of the other assassins following behind him with one of the barrels. "Merry Christmas Ceto, I expected you would have already been taking some of the Ale for yourself!" He exclaimed holding out one of the mugs for her. "I couldn't think of anything to buy you. So I didn't, but I have been in contact with the creed, you may or may not have my intended gift for you with their next letter." He said with a smile upon his face. He hopped up onto the railing beside her and took a large gulp of the ale. "I swear you're going to turn me into an alcoholic." He joked, he was already buzzed from the drinks he had before.

((TMD, the gift I'm thinking is a rank up for Ceto and her show of leadership on board and decent handling of extreme situations.))

After following Cullen's instruction, Abigail felt a cold sensation on her chest. When she opened her eyes, she picked up a rose-colored stone. Agate, huh? She wondered if he knew where it came from. Upon further thought, though, she realized that that much have been the reason he got it for her in the first place. Obviously a more common stone would be in order if agate didn't have some meaning, and she presumed that he meant for her to feel happy because it was mined near her birthplace and hometown, Glasgow. Smiling softly, she turned and hugged him in thanks for the gift. "Thank you. It's beautiful. I put your gift in your room already. It's a little large to bring out here and then move back down again."

[Remember that you have to post sixteen sentences guys!]

Ceto Sylvini

Cradling her bottle of expensive alcohol, she sipped at her less valuable whiskey. She wasn't about to down the bottle of expensive British rum. She would probably drink some when she was in her room. The cries of joy rang up again, and she smiled for once. The "thank you"s and the "for you"s were like music to her ears. Maybe she was in the mood because of Garrett. Or maybe just seeing her crew happy made her happy? It made her belly warm. Or was that the alcohol..? She didn't care... what mattered was that she was happy. Suddenly, Aero came over with two mugs of ale. She perked, sitting up and taking the ale, pressing it against her lips. Warm... "Oh? Are you going to have me denounced? How thoughtful." she wondered, but then she smiled and nudged the man roughly. "And what's wrong with being an alcoholic? They're always happy, always joyous and happy... and drunk of course! They always sing songs and treat each other like brothers." she glanced at him, a smirk on her face. Though the expression was hidden by the lip of her mug.

[That would be a great gift! xd.png]

Theresa

She had been hard at work on her next letter to her brother, enclosing a few trinkets she'd picked up. She finished and rolled up the paper, and looked at the things she had grabbed. She'd been about to pick one up when Roberts came in, with something in his hand that looked like a tea kettle. "Yes, Roberts? Is there mutiny or riot on deck that I need to stop?" she wasn't the type that usually received gifts, and often locked herself inside her room during the usual gift exchange. There was no need to feel that disappointment again. She'd felt if growing up, and it was just better to ignore the others during this time. She stood and walked over to him, waiting for his answer.

Mary

"Robb! Hey Robb!" Mary called for him, since she'd found something that she knew he might like. Sure it wasn't the greatest present, but it was something. It was a key to someone's house, but it looked like the teeth were a little broken and it wasn't useable anymore. It wasn't the key itself though, it was the idea behind it. This was where she credited herself on being clever. It was the key to his future house, and maybe when he had it he could ask someone who made keys to be able to make the key unlock the house or something. She just hoped he liked it... it was kind a of a lame gift, but she couldn't afford to buy him an actual house...

[Morning.]

((Have I not been? I don't really count, rather approximate.

Good morning.))

Cullen Reid

He hugged her back and raised his eyebrows. "Oh?" He said, with mock-surprise. "Well let's go!" He took her hand and darted towards the barracks that his room branched from. He opened the door and found Abigail's drink chest. Knowing the bottles' contents now stained the wood in her room, he was intrigued. Moving forward and unlatching the top, he flipped it open and noticed there was a note left on top. He read it and sifted through the books in the chest shortly. The bible was the part that he favored the most, besides the note. He hadn't had a whole one in years. He turned to her and kissed her curtly. "I love it, thank you."

Roberts

"No, nothin' of the sort. Thought you might like a little gift." Roberts said, handing her the kettle. "Found this in the storage, dented and dirty. I took it upon myself to clean it up, shine it, and smooth it out. Ain't much, but I've been told that copper ones are the best, I wouldn't know." He wasn't one for Christmas. He didn't know what was up there, but he didn't think the Christians had it right. Gifting wasn't much of his thing either. Though, he was one for the parties. In his younger days he'd spearhead celebrations of any kind. Kept morale up and it was fun for him. "Besides, proper lady needs a proper kettle, no?" He'd seen the scrappy little one she had, on the stove at times. He thought she deserved a little more. It might be a better gift if he'd had tea cups to go along with it, but it would suffice, no?

Edited by Dusset

[i count, and usually I try to make at least eight sentences if I'm busy, but otherwise it's eighteen.]

Theresa

She was surprised when Roberts held up the kettle. "Thank you, I don't often receive gifts. It's lovely." now she owed him something in return. "I may have something for you, hold on while I find it." she went back to her desk, and sorted through all the junk and items within. It took her a while to find the extra whetstone, which she had picked up in some random port a while ago. It was decent quality, and while it may not be great for a machete, it could still sharpen knives to cut meat and the like. She took it over to him and held it out. "It's a whetstone I'm not using. If I had known that I was getting a gift I could have bought you something better at the last port we were at." she wished she could have, since technically, this was one of her first Christmas gifts that wasn't a weapon. She felt guilty about just giving him something that was really useless for his main weapon, but it was something. It was luck that she had it in the first place though. So she should feel guilty, but she still had something after all. "Um... Merry Christmas?"

Roberts

He hadn't expected her to go get hims eomthing but he took the whetstone regardless. It wasn't useful for his twin rapiers but it would work wonders on his kukri. "Hey, I didn't expect anything, so don't sweat it. Thanks, though. It's thoughtful and useful." He spoke with a little sarcasm for the sake of humor and added, "A Merry Christmas indeed. Why not come join the crew? There was a little peasant boy born today and I've no quarrel with drinking in his name. C'mon, it'll be fun." She was always off by herself, never engaging the crew. It was alright, she wasn't the captain, but she'd have more sway if she made appearances. Not to mention he wouldn't mind seeing her strut around or by the kitchen every now and again.

Edited by Dusset

[Ah okay. So at a friend's so very short post.]

Robert "Robb" DuBois

Robert sighed when people were giving each other gifts. His father was nowhere to be found. Funny. He didn't even have a gift from his father. That made him a little depressed. His own father, the one who gave him life. And yet he didn't love him like a son. Suddenly he heard his name being called. Walking over to Mary, he looked at her solemnly. "Yes?"

Theresa

"I... I don't drink." the demons would be loose if she drank, as with her father. They ran wild in him and he hurt her mother and sometimes if Theresa wasn't quiet enough in her room, Theresa would be hurt as well. "I don't join the celebrations because I don't like the taste of alcohol." the was a bad lie. "However, I suppose I could join you. Someone needs to try to keep order I suppose." her weak excuse for trying to mingle with the crew. She'd been too absent, and she might need sway with them later.

Mary

"I know it's not much but..." she held out the tiny, battered key. "It's a key! For that house in Ireland? You could get someone to make it open the lock or just keep it as a reminder. You could wear it around your neck as a promise to yourself to get there one day." Mary smiled, hoping that Robb wouldn't be mad at her. It was a stupid gift, a key to something that didn't exist yet.

[it's late and I'm playing Skyrim at the same time...]

Roberts

Roberts laughed when Theresa spoke, "It's alright if you don't drink. It's not for everyone. But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself! You can join in on the songs, dance around, joke with people. It's not a worship of beer and sodomy out there, mind you. At least, not all of it." He grinned so wide his teeth showed and he waved a hand as he headed to the heart of the celebration. He grabbed a lute off a poor drunken crewman and carried him right into the party. Setting him on a barrel and shouted, "Oy! Crew! What do we do with a drunken sailor? Ear-ly in the morning?" His looped the lute's strap over his shoulder and his hands began to strum deftly across the strings. He began singing heartily and moved to Theresa. "You know this one, missy? Come and lead it with me!"

((Skyrim will do that to 'ya.))

Edited by Dusset

Robert "Robb" DuBois

Robb looked at the key. It was old, rusted, and its teeth were damaged. Anyone would have hated the gift. In anyone's view, it was a stupid key. But... Robb knew the meaning behind it. His eyes grew large and he took the key so gently that it seemed that he thought that it would break. He gazed at it, his jaw taut. He took in its dented and broken appearance, and then, something that hardly happened... happened. Robb smiled. Not just a small smile, but one that grew and grew until it looked like his face would stay frozen. And then he laughed. However, it was not a curt, barking laugh he usually faked. But a hearty one. It boomed across the deck, making some sailors turn their heads. A gift. Not only that, but a key. A key to his house in Ireland. Well, not literally... "I would have never expected to hold a house key." he murmured. "... Mary... you didn't have to... oh God... you're going... you're going to make me..." he looked away, his eyes flooding with tears and his frozen heart began to melt.

Theresa

She didn't want to lead the song honestly, the idea of those pirates judging her and watching her every movement was no unlike her own father. The eyes watching her as she spoke, and the hand to strike down her dreams should she mention any. However, that wasn't going to hold her back any more. "Roberts, any pirate worth their salt knows that song," she said, "and your voice alone is kind of dull. So I might as well sing along." so she did. Her father had insisted on singing lessons when she was little, so she had an excellent ear for music. Shanties were a whole different beast though, they were often made up of notes that everyone just kind of agreed on and never wrote down. They became something born of the crew and not of one singular person. It became great and powerful. She had to thank Roberts because he'd dragged her from her room and back to the crew. She was finally having a little fun. It had been a while since the last time she'd stopped caring about what they thought, even for a moment. It felt nice, and she almost smiled. Almost, but not quite.

Mary

Robb took the key from her hands. She studied his face, which was a mask until his mouth split into a huge grin. She was stunned that she made him smile, but her shock only grew when he began to laugh. This laugh was different from his other laughs, something about it felt more natural. Mary really didn't know how to react except to smile as well. That was when he spoke, a jerky sort of sentence that she filled in mentally. Then he looked away, and she walked around to see what was wrong. He was... crying? "I guess it was a good gift then," Mary said. "Though truth be told, I've never had someone cry at a gift. I'm glad you like it." it never even entered her mind that he probably hadn't gotten her a gift. It looked like he hadn't even been expecting one in the first place. "Just promise me not to lose it okay? I was lucky to find this key on the street, and I'm not sure I can pay for another..."

[i thought that Robb was so adorable! AWWWW]

Ceto Sylvini

The black haired woman rested a hand on the wheel as the ship glided smoothly into port. Ah, the smells, the view! It was beautiful. She smiled as she watched the men and women that tied the ship to port. Ceto grinned more when the ship was firmly ported. Leaping down to the lower deck, she began to strut off the Sista Viska before she saw Garrett. He was carving something into the railing. Walking over, she peered down at his work and was delighted to see it was going well. "You have a skilled hand, Garrett." She told him, patting his back. He nodded but didn't say anything. He seemed to be very into his work. Sighing, she walked onto the docks and looked around. Looked like she would have to roam around by herself... again. Sometimes she got lonely. She felt as she had no friends. So was the life of the She-Wolf...

Theresa

She'd checked her money and walked off, barely noticing Ceto. She was by herself again. Theresa decided that she wasn't going to hide from the crew anymore, and the captain was a part of the crew like everyone else. "Ceto, wait up! I'll join you!" she matched stride with the She-Wolf, and silently hoped Ceto wasn't going to a bar. The last thing Theresa needed was to haul a drunk Ceto out after a brawl. Theresa never drank, so she'd probably have to deal with the barkeeper giving her strange looks as she ordered milk, since it was likely the water could be gross, like every other lace they had been.

[Night!]

Ceto Sylvini

Ceto looked up to see her first mate walking by her side. She didn't expect that; Theresa seemed to like staying away from the crew. This included her. Yawning, she stretched, making sure to crack her back. "Why, Theresa, I didn't expect you to come climbing out of your hole." she joked, walking a bit more briskly. She was in a better mood now that she was with someone. Bad news was that she wasn't going to be able to go to the Sleeping Fox, one of her favorite taverns. The Sleeping Fox was founded by La Volpe, one of Ezio Auditore's allies. Of course the two men were long dead, but the assassins still gathered there and spoke good gossip. Even Ceto loved the brawls there. "I was about to go to the Sleeping Fox. But I know that you don't like alcohol, so how about we go somewhere else?" she had to be considerate. Theresa was her first mate and was extremely loyal. She couldn't go and be disrespectful to her. They always spoke to each other about their problems and offered advice. "What would you like to do?"

Roberts

Roberts was a bit hungover. The festivities were a day or two ago but he had drank quite a bit the night before. His head throbbed faintly but not enough to hinder day-to-day life. Rubbing the bridge of his nose as he walked up on deck, he decided he hadn't gotten any endorphin-producing fun lately and was determined to seek some out. Feeling his coin purse, it was a bit low but he shrugged. He'd find some fun outside the brothel then. A one-night stand. One girl that perked his attention on their very ship was the little Irish girl. She was something he'd never tarried with, a red-head. He made his walk towards her and tapped her on the shoulder, smiling dearly, like an old friend might. "Lassie, if you don't mind me saying, you seem a bit lonely." And the chase began.

Poppy

The German girl snatched Castiel by the shirt and winked, leading him away from the ship. As soon as they were out of earshot of anyone important, she whispered, "Now is opportune time to get those files we spoke of." She took his arm out of habit and began stroll away from the port, casually. If anyone saw them, they'd probably figure they were off to find some inn room. And maybe they might, later.

Edited by Dusset

Theresa

"I don't know, I'd like to visit the shops around here, but I am afraid I do not know the language. We can visit the The Sleeping Fox, maybe I'll find something worthwhile in gossip. It might be about another Piece, or maybe the Templar movements." it was odd to hear herself saying that she wanted to go to a bar, but it was one of the few places that she was likely to understand the people. She didn't know latin except to ask if they knew italian or english, and somehow she hadn't bothered to learn more. Her brother probably knew more just because he dealt more with trade than she did. Even if she did have to help him with getting the right trades with the right people. Also to make sure he stayed away from the ale longer than a few months at a time. "Plus, someone has to be sober enough to drag you away from battles if you want to go." she said, teasing Ceto. Hopefully that sounded like teasing and not like she was insulting her. Ceto as an enemy wasn't on her to-do list unless the situation really called for it. Her loyalties came in priorities, and Ceto was second only to the Assassins. However, Ceto wasn't a Templar, so Theresa didn't have to worry about it. "So, do you want to go, or do you want to look at the market?" she asked, wondering what Ceto would pick.

Ambra Neirum

Ambra didn't draw, or read, or write. She simply wanted to look over Rome, enjoying the familiar smells and the dainty people. Maybe she would walk around and enjoy the food before they left again. She calmly sat on the railing, her legs swaying to and fro. Cullen was nowhere to be seen, and Garrett was working on something. Sometimes one just got tired of doing what they did most and they just wanted to sit down and relax a bit. Suddenly, the red haired Irish Italian girl was approached by the cook. She had to admit, sometimes he cooked yummy things. But something about his tapping made her shudder. Her blue eyes flicked up to him and she frowned. "Sometimes it gets a bit lonely." she admitted, crossing her legs. Yes, it really did. Today was one of those days where every one of her friends was doing something. Maybe she should just talk to this man? "Your name is Roberts, isn't it? You cook tasty things at times." she told him, a smile on her face.

Castiel DuBois

Castiel was busy looking at his nails when someone grabbed his shirt. It was Poppy, and she winked at him as she pulled him off the ship. Grinning, he followed, and allowed her to hook arms with him as they walked. "I promise you. We'll get rid of Ceto. I just hope that the crew sentences her to death rather than exile." he had heard stories of betrayed captains coming back from exile to avenge themselves against their dastardly crew. "She won't see it coming. At all. She's always been so naive. Always thinking her crew is loyal. Always believing that they'll put their faith in her and have her lead them." that was her downfall. Trust. Whenever Ceto placed trust in someone, she would follow them to the end of the world. She was very loyal. Sighing, he ran his hand through his slightly long, golden hair and rested his gaze on the horizon. "I just hope that there's a Templar den around here. I heard that the Roman Creed is always strict with expelling Templars from their territory."

Roberts

"Thank you kindly. It's nice to be appreciated every now and again." Roberts said. "And, aye. I go by Roberts. Little more anonymous than most, going by your surname. but it keeps people on their toes. But I don't need to keep you on your toes. You seem much to sweet to stab me in the back. My name is Samuel, and you're Ambra, yes? It's a pleasure to properly meet you." He sat beside her on the railing and looked out over the city. "You're from here, correct? An Irish girl from Italy. You must know all about Rome. I barely speak Italian myself, I rely on my Spanish. Don't suppose you'd show me around? I never spent time in Rome. When I captained I did casual dealings with Templars as long as they held up their end, so this wasn't exactly the best place for me to come."

((That's a lot of dialogue I have there.))

Slinking through the crowds, Scipio followed Poppy and Castiel, staying out of earshot for a while through the fault of the crowds. Hearing them talking about Templar dens and the ferocity of the Roman creed, the man smiled and finally broke through a mass of people. "Excuse me, but I think I can help you with finding the Templar den. It is true that we chase the Templars out and exterminate all the rats, but the do have a den in the side of town opposite ours. It's full of the homeless and the dirt that are stuck under the thumb of those tyrants... Really a shame. We sometimes go out there and give them money or food or blankets so maybe they'll know to come to us later if they wish to join or ranks. We haven't had a shortage of assassins in years." He grinned goodnaturedly and clapped Castiel on on shoulder. "Can I ask why you want to go there, though? You don't seem to have anyone else around to reinforce your movements. Are you going to try to take them down? Because I could let Aelia and Casio know. They'd want to because they associate the most with Ceto. Speaking of her, where is she? Shouldn't she be here if you're going to work with our creed?" Despite all his questions, Scipio rarely doubted the word of fellow assassins. He had no reason to and didn't have such a history with them to suspect a coup being formed. And his recent child with Amelia, his former mentor, brightened his spirits greatly.