TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Goat. That actually sounded delicious. Even if it was probably stolen and Casio was still mad at her. He had good reason to be after all. She had done exactly what was the stupid thing she herself had been told never to do. "And please don't eat all of the goat, I' starved." Lucia said, forcing some kind of grimace smile onto her face. She was no good at faking emotions. Then the other man came in. His red hair flamed like Ambra's but there was no way Lucia knew this man. For one, he'd picked up that book and put it down. She herself had left that book out to tempt others to read it. He didn't look like a spy, nor did he position himself as such. His posture was wide open, she he trusted them, but not open enough as to hint at full trust. "Hello. Welcome to Rome." Lucia said to the newcomer. He was definitely new. No doubt.

"I won't eat it all... That is, if you want some." Casio stepped inside and coughed. Ugh. It was getting cold outside already. It seemed that everyone was waiting for dinner. The HQ was small enough to start a small cooking fire, so that was what he was going to do. He pulled some twigs from a pile in the corner, and he went to a small corner and lit a fire. It was looked down upon to start a fire in the HQ, except for the fireplace that he didn't like to use. Once he had leant to far in the fireplace, and he had singed the top of his hood and some of his hair. Scipio did not let that down for months. It was because of the yelp that he had let out right? His face flushed as he began to cook, keeping the flame low and smoke down. He didn't want to let anyone cough or inhale too much smoke. He was sure that it wouldn't bother anyone anyway. Unless Aelia spoke up. She was always annoyed with him cooking in here, especially when he was drunk. Something about catching himself on fire and bringing the HQ down in flames. As if he would do that! And if the HQ did cath on fire, everyone wouldn't just be standing around and watch the flame grow! Of course, Aelia woild act first. Casio smiled as the smell of goat cooking filled the HQ and left it with a lovely smell. Ah, he was getting hungry now. Casio tore a piece of undercooked goat meat off and popped it in the mouth. He pulled off another one and ate it as well. Yummy, yummy! He was tempted to take a leg for himself already.

"Pleased to meet ya' lassie." Cullen said with a smile. "Cullen Reid, at 'yer service."

She looked younger than he, a few years. But he also looked older than twenty-three. But then the smell of goat started to radiate the HQ. He thought of having Haggis but it was wrong animal and it tasted funny if it wasn't sheep. Or at least he thought so.

"I don't suppose you'd be so kind as to show me about and introduce me too the others, Lucia, was it?" He asked. "Or are you not in shape to do so?"

She didn't look the best but she didn't look useless. He didn't want to put any unnecessary stress on her, seeing as he didn't know why she was in such condition.

((Sorry for short post, just trying to slip one in a hurry.))

Edited by Dusset

Scipio just smiled and nodded, hoping he would be able to walk himself to his bunk. Hearing Ambra speak, he nodded again, not really listening. As a glorious scent filtered into the library, he grinned. "Something's cooking!" His eyes became giddy and child-like as he licked his lips over the prospect of food. He hadn't eaten more than a roll in a while. The man followed his nose from the library and the smell gained intensity. Still following the smell, he finally saw Casio, Lucia, that red-haired man, and a few other assassins lingering around the source of the awesomely enticing smell. A goat for dinner! A real goat! A fat, pampered one! Smiling, Scipio came up to the wondrous tasting beast and took a piece off with his fingers. Letting the fat and juice envelope his tongue, he took another piece. And another. And another. Soon, he was gorging his face and laughing like someone not right in the mind. "Nice, Casio!"

Aelia walked into the HQ after her tour of Rome with Kristi and was hit in the face with...a smell. Many smells, in truth. There was the smell of fresh vomit and alcohol and explosive powders that they were just experimenting with. There was the smell of playing card and blood and sweat and dirt. And then...she smelled the most delicious thing she had ever smelt in a while. A feast, eh? What for? Perhaps for all the new assassins. But two assassins? A feast? A goat? Over the fire? And who was cooking it, anyways? Hoping to God it wasn't Casio, she proceeded to investigate. After pushing through a crowd with her hood still up, Aelia rumbled with anger. A drunken, blonde-haired man. Oh, she'd show him! She'd show him what he got for not waiting for the master chef among the two. "Portabello! What are you doing? You'll burn down the whole damn place!"

Kristi followed Aelia into the HQ, she immediately went to a wooden beam and leaned against it. She was hesitant and a little shy seeing everyone. She head Aelia call out "Portabello!" And she looked up at Casio. He must the second leader, and there's one more... Aero. That name seems so familiar. But I can't recall where. She thought biting her index finger. She tried to avoid the light and stick to the shadows. She was hoping not to be asked too many questions, but she felt that being new there she would eventually. She brushed some dirt off her dress and looked around, trying to familiarize herself with her surroundings. She brushed some of her long, straight, sandy blonde hair out of her face as she approached the fire and sat down in a chair. She felt like she stuck out like a sore thumb, she seemed to be the only one not wearing Assassin robes. She kept a hand on her hatchet, she was a little paranoid around people she didn't know. Her blue grey eyes trained on the flame. The red and orange flames danced and flickered around the logs placed within the fire place. The embers glowing and fading as the air moved around the room, fanning parts of the fire and then the other. She hugged her knees as she watched the flames through their dance as new flames burst to life and other flames died. In her daze she thought to her brother, somewhere close, she could feel it, but she still didn't know him. She thought of her life with a nobleman. She had it made, but she wasn't happy, she was haunted with dreams of a blonde haired boy that she called brother. They were so real that she was influenced to seek out this boy. That's what lead her to Rome in the wild goose chase.

((RD do you want to just TS back to HQ, I had no real plan for this mission. Just something on a whim that I figured I do, get done with successfully and return, nothing exciting.))

Edited by Danniphantom

Casio licked his lips when he took another piece of the goat, slipping it into his mouth, along with a few more pieces. Assassins never really ate this much every day, because they would get chubby, and no one wanted a fat assassin. His fingers were covered with grease, and he looked up as Scipio came and started to digging into the goat. Now that he noticed, most of the guild had gathered around him and stared at the goat as if they were wolves. They seemed to be waiting for their share. Scipio had started to dig into it even more, his face full with goat. Casio laughed at his calling him cool, and he stuffed his face as well. Oh my God, it was so delicous. He had only been eating small scraps of bread and the occasional leg of a chicken or turkey which was his meal for the whole day. But this was delicous. All of a sudden, Aelia shoved her way through the crowd and yelled at him, saying that he was going to burn down the whole place. His brow furrowed we he chewed. "Relaxch," he muttered through his full mouth. "I gots the flamech under controch."

"Hey, you guys are eating all of the food already!" Ambra appeared in the crowd and she strikes to shove her way to the front, but due to being really petite and slender and well... Small, she could only lean far enough so that her head was poking out at the front. "Can we all have some or are you going to eat all of that meat for yourself? That's what you always do..." she frowned and glanced up at Aelia. She sure hoped that she would say something. Like them having to share with all of the guild! They really couldn't eat that whole goat by themselves right? She had heard stories of them sneaking out of their beds at night and taking a turkey, cooking it, and devouring it themselves. By themselves! What kind of gluttons-?!

"You might wanna get to the feast first. Casio's been known to eat a whole goat by himself." Lucia replied. Did he just call her lassie? "And I'm fine, nothing time and healing won't fix." Lucia then moved over to the cooking area, where Aelia and the others were already clamoring for goat. Moving between them, Lucia managed to grab a small amount for herself, and a larger chunk for the new member. Moving back to where Cullen was, Lucia offered him the bigger chunk of goat. "Its not fully cooked, but Casio's already eating it." Lucia told the other member. He looked older than her. When the door opened, he said something about being demoted twice? Lucia wondered why. Why would they demote someone so courteous as Cullen? Perhaps he was rude to his superiors, or was caught by Templars. Lucia didn't want to ask. Wasn't her place to, anyway.

((We can TS if you wanna, you start when you have time, okay Danni?))

Cullen relieved her of the meat.

"Thank ye'" He said to Lucia.

He bit into it and was in love with it. It was fantastic. But only because he hadn't eaten the day prior. Most of it had been spent arriving in the city and finding a place to crash for the night. At least he'd gotten some. If she was right, Casio might have some competition for food. Cullen wasn't a lazy peckerhead. He worked up quite a bit of hunger during the day. But that was for another time. Now? For eating goat. Goat he had risked his fingers for. But goat none the less. He wanted to cry out in happiness but restrained himself, for there was near to eat. Delicious, delicious meat.

((Sounds good.))

Infuriated, Aelia clenched her fists. Tempted to punch Casio, she stalked over to him. "Is that so? Maybe I should just douse you with water. Maybe I should make sure you don't eat for days after this! Maybe I should brand you to show you how dangerous fire is. For one thing, the thing isn't done yet! Patience, man! Patience! Patientia te putem scire. Videtur quod non." Her voice was stained with anger and her face was aflame with the reflection of light on her face. Shoving Casio, she crouched down next to his previous spot. "Spare some for the rest of us, Portabello!" Peeling a piece of cooked meat from the goat, she placed in her mouth. The taste lightened her mood, but she was still angry at Casio. How dare he?

(Translation: Patience, I think you know. Apparently not.)

At the mention of dousing him with water, he grew terrified. Water. It was a horrible beast. It crawled everywhere! Down your trousers, down your face, getting into your eyes and blinding you! It was a demon, a demon! How could people think it was pure?! Casio wasn't even paying attention to what Aelia said, only his mind wandered on the word "water". Casio shivered and shivered. That was, before he was shoved away from his spot and onto the ground. Aelia had taken his spot. Had she also threatened for him not to eat for the next few days?! He couldn't survive without food... No one day! At least bread... Casio whined and sat back up, shoving against Aelia roughly. "I was there first!" he proclaimed. Ambra, however, snagged a piece of meat and scuttled away, into a shadowy corner of the room. She dug her teeth into the goat and hummed. She wanted to be alone, Casio guessed, since she almost always was hiding from people who took an interest in her. He sure hoped that Scipio wouldn't join her. It was that feeling of love that seperated two good friends. Scipio would get moony and decide that Ambra was nicer to hang around with rather than him. That would be his nightmare. Casio's attention went back to Aelia. His hands were still on her, pushing and shoving. It wasn't fair! He had almost died the day before, and they were in bed as well! Why couldn't Aelia treat him nice-?! At that, something happened. Casio got pissed. He snarled, and shoved Aelia with all of his strength. "Move!" he snarled out.

[Oh snap. Fight! xd.png]

(This will be quite interesting.)

After shoving a few more pieces of skin down her throat, she felt Casio's hands on her. How dare he lay a finger on her porcelain skin? Rising to stare him in the eye, she held eye contact for a moment. "You want to fight, Portabello? Why don't you just say it? Not man enough?" Cracking her knuckles, she narrowed her eyes at him. After staring into his eyes for a while after that, she took a small step back. She was going to throw a punch, but decided against it. "Weaklings first, man." The woman knew she could never win a fistfight against him. There was no possibility. He would beat her down in a second. No. She would have to be smart. She would have to taunt him. She would have to do something to make his heart bleed, not his body.

[it will be. ;D]

Oh, so she wanted to fight. He felt all of the eyes on him, mutterings, whispers, and rising chanting of "Lotta!"s and "Bello!"s. Even the assassins wanted them to fight. This would be interesting. Very interesting indeed. Yawning casually, and rather smugly, Casio stood up and put his arms over his head and stretched. He seemed like he already thought that he had won; well, he had. Aelia was a woman. Twice her size, Casio was a man. Sending a punch to her stomach would keep her down, right? Casio turned his face to the crowd and put his hood down. "Guarda, la piccola signora vuole combattere! Haha, mi batterò, e vincerò. Che questa sia una lezione per tutti voi! NESSUNO pasticci con Casio Portabello!" at that, the men laughed, but the women did not. He caught sight of Ambra in the corner looking quite concerned. But of course, drunken Casio would be a good fighter. He turned back to Aelia and smirked. "Of course my dear," he bowed to her deeply, mockingly, as he had keep his eyes on her. It was not tradition for one to bow and maintain eye contact. In fact, it was an insult. "I will make this quick, my dear!" his fingers went to his wrists and he dropped his hidden blades to the floor with a loud thump. With that, he curled his fist, and sent it directly to Aelia's stomach. Of course, the assassins, drunk or not, started to cause an uproar as they made a circle around Casio and Aelia. They made bets and cursed and laughed. This would surely be interesting.

[Lotta- fight in Italian.

Bello- fight in Latin.

"Look, the little lady wants to fight! Haha, I will fight, and I will win. Let this be a lesson to you all! NO ONE messes with Casio Portabello!"]

Hearing Casio screaming about his coming victory. What an overconfident man! Seeing his gesture of disrespect, she laughed. When she saw the man aim for her stomach, she sidestepped. Too slow! Her eagle sense was kicking in and she felt time to react to everything. Her eyes flitted around and she was the faces blurring together. She heard the chants and the bets being made. Hearing someone betting on her, she smiled. "Hear that? They're betting on me, you drunkard!" Seeing that she had a chance to hit him, she sighed. "I'll give you another chance to get a head start on me before I start fighting you to the ground. Before I make you eat your words and cry out in surrender." She smiled at the crowd briefly before turning back to him, expectant. She was ready for another blow. Aelia was also watching his eyes for any clues to where he might attack her next.

When his fist met air, Casio almost toppled over. He thought that he was going to land that hit. Regaining his balance, he stared at the back of the woman. She was taunting him, saying that the assassins were betting on her. Yeah, right! It was her who started the fight, not him! Casio couldn't believe her next words. That she would beat him to the ground. That she would make him cry out in surrender. Surrender was not in Casio's dictionary. It made him angry, so very angry that someone would think that he would lose. Casio never lost. He never lost anything! Roaring, he didn't care where his hits landed. If it hit anywhere in her pretty body he would be happy. If he hurt her he would be happy. He just wanted for her to eat her words. To say sorry. To let him eat. Of course, he didn't plan on having that woman beating him. He would be remembered as the man who was beaten by a woman. And he wanted to be known as the hero. As the hero who returned home with the Book of Altair in his hands. He aimed a punch at her face, as soon as he gained control of himself, hoping to make her yelp. He would show her who's boss !

((@Raindash: There was one more post of mine on the last page in case you miss it.))

Cullen nodded to Lucia as he stepped through the crowd. He found Casio fighting a woman who he'd yet to be introduced. He heard bets going on and thought he'd take part of the action. He laid down five Irish pounds on Casio. Feeling a bit more peckish he snagged more goat meat. It truly was good. If it was fully cooked, it'd be better though. But props to the man, he chose a good one to take.

He looked about, just curious, when he saw Ambra of in the corner. So there was another. He'd go say hello, but he was more focused on winning his bet. Or rather, Casio winning his bet.

"An comhrac in!" He shouted.

Then it dawned on him he might be the only person who understood that, as he stood surrounded by Italians and Germans, but none the less.

"Ciceáil a asal!"

((Conversion: 1 Irish pound = 2 Florins

This is not exact, but rough.

An comhrac in! = Fight!

Ciceáil a asal! = Kick her censorkip.gif ))

Edited by Dusset

"Casio!" Aero called loudly as to be heard above the commotion. He spoke as he was stepping into the headquarters and hearing all the rabble rousing. "Aelia." He said a little quieter not trying to get attention now. "What has become of you two?" He asked jokingly. He walked through the crowd trying to get to Casio and Aelia. "Casio, you wouldn't honestly hit Aelia would you? I don't care how drunk or sober you are." He said. "And Aelia, you wouldn't take advantage of the fact the Casio wouldn't hit you would you?" He asked, again jokingly. He tried to calm them both down, he didn't want a fight, but he didn't want to sound commanding, he still felt that he wasn't respected enough to take command, he had to be smart about this or people would be very angry at him, especially the two masters standing in front of him. He stepped forward towards Casio and Aelia, he was now in reach of both of them. He felt confident enough in his close quarters combat skills to be able to defend himself. As he approached he felt his heart race. This was in fact exciting. He thought for a few moments and smiled at both of them. "Licuit." He wanted to join. "At least not without including me." He said, a fire in his eyes.

((Licuit: Alright))

Edited by Danniphantom

Casio smirked when he heard a Celtic accent cheering for him. At least he had someone on his side. It wasn't like he was alone in this battle, right? The men cheered for him more than for Aelia. That said something! It didn't leave him all... Well, deflated. Some people in the HQ were cheered on by no one, the lesser assassins, like Ambra. What could she do? Nothing. She was just... There. A trainee. Someone who learnt how to fight. But she couldn't do anything, now could she? She couldn't go on missions by herself or do anything by herself. She was useless, but Scipio was going to mold her into something useful. All of a sudden, he heard Aero's voice. "Ah, screw you." the drunken man said angrily. He was surely so angry that he didn't mean anything he said. He was just frustrated that he wasn't exactly sure if the hits had landed or not. "Why don't you sit in the corner like a good little boy?" but then Aero asked to join in the fight. Three assassin masters! Imagine if he bet Aelia and Aero. "Great! Now, try to dodge this!" he hissed, sending a punch toward the man's face.

"Come on, Aero." Ambra beckoned for Aero to come closer. She liked Aero. He was so nice. Perhaps even nicer than Casio and Aelia combined! But then he got into the fight. Her face dropped. What was going on? She was afraid. Whimpering, she drew her knees closer to her chest. Why was everyone fighting?

[Edited.]

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Aero ducked under the punch and turned his back to Casio as he did. He spun quickly in a circle and as he came back around towards Casio he brought his leg up and aimed a kick with the broad side of his leg to knock Casio off balance, hopefully to send him to the floor. Aero heard Ambra's voice. He looked over and saw her beckon and then curl up. He sighed, but it was too late to do anything now. All he could do was go through with it. Besides, we're just having some fun. This is no different from what the mercs do in their HQ basements. He thought trying to reason with himself trying not to feel guilty. He took Casio's insults and chuckled. "Casio, my expertise is close combat, especially hand to hand, are you sure you want to do this?" Aero taunted. In the heat of the moment he wasn't sure if his kick made contact, all he knew was that his foot had touched the floor. He stood quickly and turned towards Ambra. He ran over. He bowed slightly to her, showing respect to a friend. His eyes looked reassuring as always. "We are only having fun. Do not worry yourself. I won't hurt Casio. We shall talk after this?" He asked smiling and taking off his shirt. He set it down on the chair she sat in so he knew where it was. He then turned around and went back into the fight to face Casio and Aelia, and to see whether or not his kick had any effect.

((Way too short, editing...))

((There))

Edited by Danniphantom

Casio finally dodged a hit. Surely if he fell on the ground, it would all be over. But before he could face Aero again, he had darted off. Casio found that this was the time that he would protect himself against Aelia. He had to make sure that Aero and her weren't working together. But thankfully, the two did not gang up on him. He watched as Aero came closer after speaking to Ambra, and he glanced over him when he realized that he had taken off his shirt. Oh my. If he could take off his shirt, he would too! Pulling it off, he tossed it into the crowd, in which some of the assassins caught it. "Let's see," Casio cracked his knuckles and smirked at the two younger assassin masters. Who would he take down first? Snorting, Casio decided to give Aelia a break and aimed to get a few punches on Aero, where they landed, he didn't care.

Ambra watched as Aero Bowed to her. He said that they were just having fun. She found that hard to believe. Soon, it seemed that everyone was going to be fighting. The other assassins were pushing and shoving and yelling profanities at each other. Ambra whined and sniffed. If there was sign of a HQ fight, in which everyone took part in it, she would flee. She didn't care. This was just terrifying! Her eyes went to Lucia and then to Kristi. She didn't know Kristi, but at least they seemed polite. She suddenly longed for Scipio to be here next to her. But he surely was going to be in the fight as well.

[short post before bed.]

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Cullen only got more into it when a second person he'd yet to meet joined the fight. He wondered if he'd last if he jumped in. He'd nearly been a master once. Hah! He might actually do that!

"A ligean ar dul!" He shouted.

He was about to... But then his gaze drifted back to Ambra. Who no longer looked like she was content. He started elbowing through the crowd.

"Ey, move it."

After a few seconds he finally popped out of the crowd. He gave a rude motion with his arms to a particular assassin who has appeared to intentionally block his exit. He twisted around and relocated the girl. He strode over and plopped into a chair next to her.

"Fight's no fun if your not in it anyways." He joked. "I hope Casio wins though. Otherwise he'll owe me ten Florins!

He smiled and offered a hand to shake.

"Cullen Reid. It's nice to see another Irish around here. Between you and me... Italians are to reserved." He was joking and whispered the last part.

Edited by Dusset

Ambra buried her face into her knees and whimpered more. She knew that she was acting like a softie. She was weak. So very weak and soft and weak! Why was she not like other assassins that could fight? "Hello, Cullen." Ambra smiled. "I'm Ambra. It's nice to meet you."

[Gah. Now I'm sleeping.]

Aero worked to dodge all the blows he could and block the rest. As he turned to dodge one punch he took another to the side. He grunted and coughed as his ribs were still a little damaged from his run in with a ceiling. He was fine for the most part but just there he took a direct hit to the side. Aero saw it coming though and prepared, he started to step back to lessen the impact, though it still hurt, and he quickly grabbed Casio's hand with his right hand. In that moment he took a step towards Casio and placed his left leg behind Casio's legs. Aero then curled his fist and took a shot at Casio's face with his left hand. But he feigned and just aimed past Casio's face. He then pushed his left arm into Casio's face/neck area and worked to push Casio backwards into Aero's legs, hoping; once again, to trip him up and get him on his back. Aero thought his attacks through, he knew if he could get the advantage and make his punches count he could do a lot more damage than just wildly flailing like Casio.

---

Kristi sighed and stood, she couldn't ignore the fight any more. She stood up and looked to the center. "Another?" She wondered aloud to herself. She walked over and saw the man, but never got a clear look at Aero's face. She walked over to where they were taking bets and she placed 200 florins on the new-comer. "Aero, that's his name." She said to herself again. "That must be the third master." She looked over when Aero walked over to Ambra. A concerned girlfriend? She wondered. She knew nothing about the inter-guild relations. She walked over to Ambra and sat down in a chair next to her. "Who is that man to you?" She asked referring to Aero. Now was the time to gather a little intel on the man. She didn't care who Aero was to Ambra, but she figured that depending on the answer she could determine what questions to ask that Ambra would know the answers to. Her sandy blond hair matched his, and so did her eyes. But everything else was her mothers, where as Aero got all of his looks from his father. A trait that he wasn't proud of considering who his father was. Kristine looked at Ambra kindly. She was calm and collect, like Aero, she was kind and reassuring, and it could be seen in the way she looked at people.

((Ok, so basically if you think about this move (if it was confusing the way I described it) if you think of Aero and Casio facing each other in a fighting stance (feet spread a bit, fists up in a guard position) but bodies facing opposite directions (say Casio's right side was to Aero and Aero's right side was to Casio) Aero just grabbed Casio's fist, which was extended, and turned so now their bodies are facing the same direction and Aero is behind Casio, Aero placed his left leg behind both of Casio's legs (to block them) and then he reached past Casio (feigning a punch) and then pulled Casio back, trying to force Casio to take a step backwards, but since Aero's legs are there Casio would lose balance and fall, assuming this all plays out.))

Edited by Danniphantom

"Aye, and you too Ambra." He said. "Your not exactly like most about here. Well, I've only been 'ere for a little but from what I can see they're like the mercenaries. Loud and rude. I like it as much as the next guy but a pause is always nice."

He was just trying to be friendly. He'd seen the second unnamed assassin come over and bow, so he supposed they knew each other well. But he was off fighting, hopefully not winning. He figured if he chatted her up she'd lighten up and come around. He hated to see a lady cry, or come near to.

((Rage @ Danni))

Edited by Dusset