TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Scipio took a last sip of his mead before standing and going towards the door. The man took a breath of the nice, fresh air and looked around. Turning towards the church, he started towards it. He had never really gone except for on Christmas and Easter. Still, he never enjoyed it. The services were usually just some old men reading passages from large books. Sometimes the stories didn't even make sense. No one lived to be five hundred years old! What drunk writer came up with that? Sighing, the man put his thoughts aside and entered the white building. Good, the sermon hadn't started yet. Approaching a statue, he stood in line to make a cross over his heart out of respect. Sitting on a bench of some sort, he chatted with some other worshippers. They were all waiting for the eerie silence, though. They were all waiting for the old man's words. They carried so much meaning, somehow. As he sat and waited, the man watched candles flicker around the room and looked at the statues and pictures of Jesus and various saints.

Cullen sat in the back row of the Church. It'd been awhile since he'd actually been to Church. He wasn't even sure which denomination of Christian this was, but in his mind it was all the same. They all said the same message. Love others as if they were your brother, and don't sin. All he was worried about were any Templars who felt particularly religious and walked in. As if his robes didn't give off enough alarm his red hair stood out in a sea of black/blonde haired, relatively tan people. But this is why he sat in the last row, so that if anything he was ignored and left at peace.

He completely missed Scipio as he walked in. He wasn't really paying attention. He was more trying to remember where the Assassin HQ was here. Ah! That was right. The little chapter of Assassin's that had inducted him had slightly outdated information on the whereabouts and happenings of this one. He just hoped he bumped into a brother so he didn't have to search. But that could wait, now he was more interested in the teachings of God.

Casio followed Scipio and ran a cross over his chest as he stepped up to the statue. It was one of Jesus and Mary, the woman holding the child close to her chest. It was a normal Christian/Catholic image, anyway. Following Scipio to one of the benches, he sat next to his friend and chatted with the worshippers as well. They were all family here, and though they were asssassins in full attire, the people spoke to them as if they were friends. He noted someone behind them, though; a head of red hair. First he thought that he was Ambra, and he was about to motion for her to get closer, but he found out that it was a male with red hair. He gave him a curious look, and lowered his good as he turned around. They were supposed to be respectful in church, so hats and helmets and hoods were supposed to be lowered. If a Templar came in, he would raise the hood again and look away. He sure hoped that the other assassin would not be attacked since he was alone. All of a sudden, a man in robes came out into the altar and began with the traditional "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit". Casio raised his fingers to perform the cross on his body. "Hello, brothers and sisters," the man in robes droned as he opened up a big book. He continued to drone on about life and death, love and hate....

Cullen looked up from thought in time to see Casuo enter. He was pleased with this turn of events. Now he could come into contact with the order here. He seemed to have been noticed by the man. Which was only better. When the sermon started he smiled as it was Catholic. He had been raised Irish Catholic and knew everything the pastor was saying. He spoke along with the prayers mouthed the gospels. He was happy he found a Church of his faith. And one that other Assassin's frequented. Curious if it was communion Sunday, he disarmed and put his weaponry under the seat where his bow already was. It would be quite awkward to get up and join the line with a sword on his hip. But the crowd seemed friendly and he had no thought that he'd be assailed. Just in case though he didn't take off his hidden blades. You never know. Especially in a new city.

((I actually know very little about catholic services, so if anyone feels the need to correct me, go ahead.))

Edited by Dusset

((Yup. Was thinking this myself, just waiting on anyone else first. Knock yourself out.))

(I'll start it up, then.)

Scipio listened as the old, robed man finished up the service with a long prayer. After everyone said 'amen' and stood to leave, he did the same. Putting up his hood, he walked down the bench and waited at the door for his friend. He also wanted to catch that man. That other man. The one with flaming red hair. But it was not as glorious as Ambra's. True, nothing was as glorious as she was in Scipio's eyes. Still he wanted to see what was going on with the other assassin. He would have surely recognized the man if he had seen him before, with that hair. It could not and would not be forgotten. Seeing a few Templars pass him, Scipio shrunk deeper into the shadows and looked around. Come on, men. He just wanted to leave the church. He could never be comfortable in such a place. A place that shunned his very being. Still, he was grateful that nothing bad had happened. But perhaps they would go in commoners' clothes next time.

[... Yay!]

Casio whispered "amen" under his breath before he got up from his seat and followed his friend. He was rather aware of some Templars walking past him, but they simply shoved quite roughly past him, sent a glare, and said nothing. Haha. They were too weak to fight in church and spill blood in the altar. But then again, wasn't he as well? He hid in the shadows and watched the people pass by. Pretty women, burly men. He looked for the man with fiery hair. Nothing. Before he could question Scipio about seeing the man, he was silenced with an annoying humming in the back to his head. It was annoying. Not to mention painful. He knew that it was his Eagle Sense, freaking out. There as something around here... Something important... He shook it off, though the humming persisted. He would search around later. He pressed up against his friend, smirking at him. "Should we go? It's pretty late. I'm surprised that Ambra wasn't here. She must be working hard on that paper we found." he explained. Yet at the mention of Ambra he looked around. Still no sign of the man! Was he a spirit? A ghost in the church? He didn't think so. "I'm rather tired. I was practically falling asleep in the communion." he smirked to himself. "I could hardly put the thing in my mouth. Stupid mead. I probably looked like an idiot when we had to stand." he snickered and drew his hood up again, looking around.

Cullen had risen and re-equipped himself. He stalked through the door and slowed. He couldn't see through the crowd so he activated his Eagle Sense. He blinked and shook his head until it worked. The crowd became gray and so did everything else. Since he had decided that the two Assassins were his allies, they showed faintly blue. He shook his head until the sense dissipated. He approached them as they stood by the door.

"Good day to ya'two." He said in his Gaelic accent. "I'm Cullen Reid. I'm glad I saw you two. This city is confusing, and I feel I'd be lost trying to find your Headquarters if I hadn't."

Truly too. He wasn't sure where it was, granted he only looked for an hour but it wasn't meant to be found. At least he didn't have to wander. Which, considering he didn't know his way around would be bad.

Casio leant against the door; when was this guy going to show up? The blond was not good at waiting. He was good at other things. Such as making out with several women at once and touching them... And he had to work his way around women's tough exterior and into their soft center. Casio yawned when a red haired came up to them, saying hello. Wow. He had some of that accent that Ambra had; that Gaelic accent. Though she sounded more Italian than Gaelic... Maybe even more German. "Ciao. Welcome to Roma, friend." he extended his hand for a hand shake. "I am Casio Portabello. I am one of the Master Assassins of our guild."

[short post, bed time.]

Scipio nodded, head buzzing and vision whirling. With a last look over the crowd, he leaned on Casio as he went towards the door, but completely missed Cullen. The cool air hit his face as he went. Pulling his arm away from Casio, Scipio stumbled in the direction of the HQ. He would go check in on Ambra and then get some sleep. So he stumbled on and on until he turned into the right alleyway. Entering the HQ, he breathed in the familiar smells and saw the familiar things. Smiling, he made his way towards the dark library. When he entered, Scipio called out. "Ambra? We're back! There's also a new assassin. Probably a transfer..." He looked around, but couldn't see much in the darkness. Feeling his way around, the man stubbed his toe on a pile of books. After sufficiently cursing at them, he continued, looking for any sign of Ambra in the dark and confusing place. He could suddenly see why she wanted flowers.

Edited by Mousia

"Pleasure to meet ye' Casio." He said as he shook the man's hand. "I see your friend isn't quite the churchy type."

He had seemed drunken. Who get's drunk on Sunday? He himself could do most things. Drink with the best of'em. Sin with the worst of them. But never on Sunday. Not a chance. His colleagues... Apparently not.

"Well then. I don't suppose you'd mind to show me about?"

One of the leaders? Lucky day. If one should get help, one should do so from a master. He mentally laughed when the word master whizzed through his head. He'd be one by now if he wasn't a fool. But it wasn't time to dwell on the past. It was time to meet new brethren and enjoy a new home.

((After reading Ambra's char sheet, I feel her and Cullen will get along quite nicely. Similar heritage and philosophy on combat, although he'll kill, just not excessively, though he'll regret it.))

Edited by Dusset

Ambra had gotten out of the bath and smiled as she dressed again. The woman was taking pleasure in the warmth that she had gotten now. She was no longer dirty or muddy or anything, and now she could work before they slept. And so she was staring at the paper that she had gotten from Aelia. Ancient Greek. But it was... Weird. It was written in a weird way, and since she was not any good at Greek, she could hardly see a word that she recognized. She yawned, fondling one of the orange and white flower petals that she had gotten that one time with Aero. They sure were pretty and big. She had placed more lights deeper in the library, so the flowers could survive a bit more, and so far they were doing well. All of a sudden, she heard a voice and and something bumping against another thing, and a curse. Scipio! She smiled softly at the name. It sent butterflies in her stomach. As she got up, she easily navigated through the darkness and found herself at Scipio's location. She smiled up at her mentor. "Hello, Master~!" she sang happily. She was surely happy that he had come. "That's nice that another person will be added to our Creed. ... It's late outside isn't it? I missed church..." she whispered, looking away with a guilty expression. "I meant to go, but I was too busy with the old Greek translation... I can't make out anything and... It's written in a weird, weird way." she admitted. She leant against him, and frowned. She smelt the smell of mead. He had been out drinking again. She wasn't going to complain. At least he had come.

[Yeah, Ambra is like that. She'll get along with him too, because he's part Celtic. She doesn't really have a Gaelic accent, but she has a more Germanic accent, though it's fading away.]

Casio smiled when Cullen shook his hand. Another person from Ireland. That was great! Another drinking buddy and he sure as hell looked like a good fighter. "Huh? Yeah, Scipio gets spooked around churches. He doesn't like them. Not to mention he's got a lovely lady waiting for him back at the HQ." he laughed heartily and wrapped an arm around the man's shoulder. "I know Scipio inside and out. We practically joined the HQ at the same time, me having joined a bit sooner than Scipio. But we trained together and fought together and ate and drank together." he shook his head. Good times, good times. Casio and Scipio had good times, and had times when they were sick. Or injured. "Sure, I'll show you around. Anyway, I have to steal some food for dinner tonight. So I'll show you around the markets and maybe tomorrow morning I'll show you around some more?" he laughed again, and looked around. Now, since it was after church, and it was after dusk, the Templars were changing shifts. More alert, wary, and stronger. It wasn't a big deal. They would be okay. They were strong and loyal brothers.

Scipio heard soft footsteps approaching and smiled softly. "Hello, Ambra. I might be able to help you later. The world is tilting and spinning. The new man looks kind of like you... I missed him, though." Feeling her lean against him, Scipio sighed. "Casio asked about you today. Guess what he also said! He...um...nevermind." Scipio was about to tell Ambra before his drunken mind remembered that it was a secret. It was a bit of information given to him in confidence. "Maybe you should ask him or Aelia about it." He at least would give her hints. Or a chance to find out. He had brought it up, after all. "Do you want to hear a story?"

Ambra frowned when Scipio said that he would help her later. Oh. Looking away only to look up when Scipio said that the new man looked a lot like her with a smile and eager grin, she thought about the man. Could he be of Celtic origins as well? That would be good. It was so awkward being the only red haired woman in the Creed. But her frown vanished when he started to speak about Casio. What had he said? Was it about her? She shook her head and retreated deeper into the library. She underwent a turn and sat straight in her chair, and looked at her desk. She had expected Scipio to follow. "What's the story?" she asked. Maybe she needed an uplifting story to e told so she would get inspired and work more.

[short post, in school.]

"Sounds good." Cullen replied with a grin. "Where to first?"

He was in a good mood. Fresh from Church, the weight of sin lifted from his shoulders. That was the best feeling he'd known to date. He'd managed to run into the local Creed, and their leader at that. He seemed a good fellow, older but not one he'd like to run into in a dark alley. But he doubted that could ever happen, they were brothers in arms. It was turning out to be a good first day in Rome. Even if he felt a bit out of place here. He couldn't exactly blend into the crowd. Without a hood he stood out like fire in an ocean. Meh. If he got trouble he'd just flip those people into a cart and be done with it. But he did wonder if he was the only one. He sincerely hoped not.

Edited by Dusset

Following the flaming red head of hair, Scipio leaned on the desk. "When I was an apprentice, my mentor was very hard on me. She was a very beautiful mistress. She was slippery and only trained me once the sun was gone. She never fought. She never shed any blood. She only helped those who went by shadows. She lured me from my slumber and coaxed me into training under her watch. She sent another mentor to push me on. She was also beautiful. She had the most beautiful voice on the Earth. She was very easy to anger, though. The two mentors I mentioned were sisters. But the first that I spoke of could not exist without her brother. Her brother was charismatic and sheltered many. He had a dark sense of humor, but only my second mentor could speak his words to me. Only she could pass along the glorious jokes. Their names... You would like to hear their names... I expect anyone would want to, with those sorts of mentors. The first...her name was Night. She still is, but she's changed. She always changes. The second...her name was Wind. She had gotten very moody lately. When I was younger, she was a much different element. The third is Darkness. He hasn't changed so much." The man was surprised that he was sober enough to concoct such a gloriously poetic story and grinned. "See, Ambra, if you just let the three of them teach you, you will be great. I...I was stubborn and I let my teachings slip away as I realized my human mentor wanted to teach me much more. I let the lessons fade from memory. But you, Ambra, you should let them teach you. They are the most experienced. That is why I will only teach you about confidence. I will merely instruct you as a supplement to your other teachings. Any good assassin will have their own rhythm. If not, they will be only a copy of a good assassin."

"To the marketplace." Casio grinned and started to walk toward the place. The smell of meat, uncooked, was hitting his nostrils. The church was actually close to the marketplace, and in turn the HQ was actually close to both the marketplace, and the church. He ran his hand down his thigh, realizing that it was sore. He probably slept on it. Or Aelia slept on it. At the mention of Aelia he smirked. He remembered last night as if it had happened only a moment ago. Yet, he couldn't believe that Ambra had let herself be taken over like that. And by Scipio, the fox! He had thought that he was just going to get a one night thing, but he had seen that the way he spoke to Ambra and the way he guided her was different from any other apprentice that had been watched by him. He should of known that Scipio was going to fall for someone... He was much less free hearted and more of a family person. He knew that one day Ambra would bear Scipio's children and they would be happy. Him? Not so much. He had lost a friend, not only a friend, but a women-chasing friend. He sighed wistfully. "Ah, here it is. The marketplace." they had come across some stands on the side of the street, selling poultry, fish, beef. He looked around, trying to find something that would feed some of the assassins. Of course, he would probably have to get a whole lamb to feed all of the guild. And that was what he saw at the moment. "Keep your head down and follow me." he snapped over his shoulder, and he bent down, darting amongst the crowds with his head low. If he could get behind that merchant with the lamb as he was selling something to someone...

Ambra perked when Scipio spoke. And indeed, he spoke about a woman. How she was beautiful and had the most beautiful voice that he had ever heard. A pang of sadness caught her in the heart, and she covered it up with annoyance. Her face flushed and her eyebrows furrowed as she looked up at him. Speaking about a woman. To her! He had just took hold of her the night before. And he was speaking about another woman! And another, her sister! And their brother! Just about to get up and start smacking his head around, he said that it was Night, Wind, and Darkness. She deflated in a breath of air. Ugh. Her face was beginning to fade its color, and she shook her head. "I know, Master. I should be more confident but listen to Wind, Night, and Darkness." her eyes became glossy as she yawned widely. She really had been working hard, especially last night. She got up from her seat and stretched, arching her arms over her head as her spine popped. "I'm so tired, Master." she complained as she released another yawn. "So sleepy... And sore..." she smiled softly at the man at her last words as if saying something. He should get the statement. "I think I should sleep."

Cullen followed Casio through the streets. This was nothing like the small town that the French branch he'd been inducted in was located. Or the Irish town the Celtic branch had been in. This was second time he'd ever been in a city this big. It was glorious! When they reached the market the sounds and smells were astounding! His senses overloaded with everything. He'd never even seen some of the food before. The exotic colors were awe inspiring. He was enjoying it until he was instructed to get down. He pulled the hood as far down as it would go and followed. Still looking around he snagged a piece of fruit he didn't recognize but loved. It was when Casio spotted the goat that Cullen had a better idea. He was looking for an elevated point, like a box or cart. He kept his hood down but jumped on top of a nearby cart.

"Come one, come all!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. "Come on! Gather round! Don't be shy! I've got something amazing to show you all!"

He was spouting garbage and just getting people's attention.

"Yes! Step right up!"

He winked at the older assassin going for the goat. He began throwing fruit in the air and juggling it. When the crowd looked as if it were going to disperse he threw his sword into the mix, adding items as he went, slowly though, he could only get so ambitious. They loved it.

Casio stalked up to the stand, looking around. There was some beef, and some pork. But the goat looked the best. It looked fresh and big enough to feed thirty people. He smiled. But where was Cullen? His blue eyes scanned the crowd for the the flaming red hair. But there he was. Cullen was juggling random things in the air, such as fruits and his sword. Casio was grabbing at the meat, pulling it off the stand. The goat thumped against the floor, and he flinched lightly. The merchant was interested more in Cullen though, and so were all the people. His hood was pulled all the way down, and so Casio thought. Why would he be showing himself in the public? He probably knew what he was doing. Casio sighed and ripped the goat off the stands, tossing it over his back and going around the crowd of people. As he passed by the crowd, he whistled loudly to get Cullen's attention. It was the traditional Creed whistle, so only brothers would recognize it. With that, he swiftly trotted toward the HQ, hoping that he had Cullen tailing him.

Cullen heard the whistle and made sure Casio was sufficiently away when he sheathed his sword and put the fruit down. He dived off the cart and rolled through the crowd he kicked off a wall and grabbed a beam. He swung up and kicked off another walk onto the rooftops. He located Casio running through the streets and ran down a series of bars and beams until he was right next to his brethren.

"I'll 'ave to do something about the guards later." He laughed.

He was worried though. There was only one wandering the market and he wasn't paying much heed. To him Cullen had just been a beggar doing tricks for a living. What an interesting way to start his stay. He was lucky actually. He hadn't known how to juggle prior, he laughed at the thought.

Lucia stood after taking a short nap when Casio left. She felt better, but she was by no means looking better. Lucia checked her hood to make sure it was secure over her face. First off, she had to find a basin to wash the blood off of her clothes. It might come out, it might not. Taking her time to scrub the blood out, she decided that it wasn't coming out and if Ambra wailed at it so be it. Hopefully no one would hug her. She enough of the touching for today. Walking into the library, Lucia noticed the two already there. Scipio and Ambra, best to avoid that mess. Maybe they made up? Who knows. Moving into the lobby, Lucia waited for others to come back. Maybe they were almost back. Lucia couldn't see past the door, after all. Remaining in the doorway to the library, she waited. Maybe something exciting would happen.

Casio sighed as he clutched the slab of goat. It was really heavy, actually, but it just made him hungrier. He hoped that Aelia would cook it, since it smelt delicous when the smell of the meat hovered around the HQ. The blond man smiled as Cullen dropped next to him, saying that he would take care of the guards later. "I thought that I would have to teach you some tricks of the trade, but you seem to know everything." he said. "What rank are you, anyway?" he questioned. Every time someone new came, they took away Scipio's place in the barracks. He really didn't come up with the idea of putting the more experienced assassins next to the door, and the least in the back of the barracks, but it sure as hell was a good idea. He waited for Cullen's answer, and so, he walked the way to the HQ. "Lucia!" he called to his apprentice. She seemed... Somewhat better. At least she could stand up. The last time he had seen her, she was dazed and bloody in the bed. "Ciao! How are you? See, we got some goat for dinner. It's big and fat so everyone could eat. Well, if they're quick enough to eat before I do." Casio loved food. When no one wanted to eat, he was known for devouring a whole goat, cooked. It was quite funny actually.

"Currently, Assassin second rank." Cullen told Casio as they walked back to the HQ. "Demoted twice."

He wasn't proud of this fact but it told his experience in the field. He might not be the best at times, but you could trust him with your life. When they walked into the HQ he took off his bow, quiver and sword and set them on a table. They weren't exactly the most comfortable things in the world. He pulled his hood off to see Casio speaking with another Assassin he had called Lucia. She didn't look in the best of shape. But it wasn't his concern. He looked around the room. It was nice, from what he saw of the other rooms through the doors it was a honey place. They'd clearly made it their own. He leaned against a wall while Casio spoke with Lucia and picked up a stray book. He'd read this before so he set it back on the table.