sparkle10184

Star Trek - All series'

What's your favourite Star Trek series?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gonna be 500% honest here, TOS is the only one I've ever watched, and might very well be the only one I ever will watch. I've been watching it for several years and I'm constantly torn between genuinely hating it and love/hating it. But the comedy is side-splitting, especially from Dr. McCoy.

Remember: "War isn't a good life, but it's life."

"*cue highly puzzled reaction from McCoy, Kirk walks away like he won the argument*"

I fear some of the other series might actually be decent... how can I ever get into a show like that? ={

Since the "birthday-thread" got shot down, I'll post it here:

A happy 50th Star Trek Anniversary !

So - it has been half a century. (And I have been a Trekkie for half of that time already.)

Star Trek had its ups and downs, but the really important thing for me always was the idea of humanity being able to evolve. To finally find a way of uniting all the different people and ideas, a common ground of understanding and caring for each other. It may be utopic. Or it may be not.

Sure, for every hundred steps forward we seem to take ninety-nine steps back, but I think Star Trek (in its good moments) reminds us why this one small step is worth keeping up hope - and keep working toward it in our own lifes.

That's what is the essence of Star Trek for me.

But of course there is also hours and hours of great entertainment, fun, engaging drama and thrilling adventure. And many great times shared with fellow enthusiasts. (Although I've never been to a convention.)

And it is always fascinating (yes, yes, I know...) that in a random group of people you more often find one or more individuals that like something about the thing than not.

So my thanks go out to all the people who created Star Trek, and to those who kept true to its essence when keeping it alive !

And my greetings go to all those fellow human beings, who- and whereever you may be, who share the enthusiasm for Star Treks great vision !

Live long and prosper.

\V/

I have always and will probably for ever enjoy Star Trek sooo much!

When it started i was only a kid, but i still like the show. It's a good mixture of real science and fantasy adventure and it has some real funny moments too.

Moreover i really like the ethics that are transported by this series: the equality of all men and women (and of all other species smile.gif )regardless where they're from or what colour their skin has.

So sad, that so many of the actors already passed away, just like Roddenberry too.

Happy Birthday, Star Trek!

Another fan here. Have to admit that my favourite is TNG, I adored the banter between Picard and Q. My least favourite was DS9.

Last night we went to see ST Beyond (late release in this forgotten part of the world aka Argentina). It was nice, bittersweet to see Anton Yelchin though.

LLAP biggrin.gif

My father is presently watching through the entire Voyager series and I've been seeing bits and pieces of it too. I mostly know of Star Trek through the J. J. Abrams movie series (Beyond is the best imo) and I gather those are not very faithful to the original, so I guess I can barely call myself a Star Trek fan!

But I did watch Galaxy Quest.

I appreciate the lot of them.

The Next Generation and Voyager are favourites.

I started with Star Trek: Into Darkness, which brought me to The Original Series. It was then I realized I had been Vulcan-like, growing up. I had been disliking the smell of smoking from a young age because my father had smoked, and partly due to Leonard Nimoy stopping his addiction.

It was Nimoy who turned me into a Trekker, for reasons that are known to him. I do not understand it myself.

I had completed The Original Series and The Animated Series when they were available on Youtube. I had seen some episodes of TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT. I know I need to get the DVD so I can watch the episodes at any time. I am working on that.

Please add me. Thank you.

I startet watching Star Trek in fall 2016 and am still working my way through it. Currenty season 5 of DS9 :)

My favourite show is TOS, and it will be forever. Mainly because of Spock, Jim and Bones (and the Spirk pairing)

A close second is DS9, which I love waaaaay more than I ever liked TNG.

What I don't really like is the AOS movies and I won't watch Discovery.

Edited by Gluria

On 07/04/2018 at 10:35 PM, Gluria said:

What I don't really like is the AOS movies and I won't watch Discovery.

I actually really liked the 2009 movie! :D I was pretty disappointed with 'Into Darkness', though, so I didn't even bother with the latest. :( And I'm definitely a hardcore K/S shipper like you. 

Has anyone watched Discovery? I've only see a trailer for it and can't actually find anyone who watches it. I haven't, but I get the feeling I'd have to sort of detach myself a bit from the rest of the series in order to watch it. Does that even make sense? I kind of have to do that with Doctor Who these days - just pretend it's a different show entirely, sort of, because it has changed so much and it's so different to what I'm used to and expect. I feel like I'd probably have to do that with Discovery - just approach it as though it's a totally different show without any pre-existing expectations or feelings about it. Can anyone vouch for it? I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of anyone who has watched it. :)

10 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I actually really liked the 2009 movie! :D I was pretty disappointed with 'Into Darkness', though, so I didn't even bother with the latest. :( And I'm definitely a hardcore K/S shipper like you. 

Has anyone watched Discovery? I've only see a trailer for it and can't actually find anyone who watches it. I haven't, but I get the feeling I'd have to sort of detach myself a bit from the rest of the series in order to watch it. Does that even make sense? I kind of have to do that with Doctor Who these days - just pretend it's a different show entirely, sort of, because it has changed so much and it's so different to what I'm used to and expect. I feel like I'd probably have to do that with Discovery - just approach it as though it's a totally different show without any pre-existing expectations or feelings about it. Can anyone vouch for it? I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of anyone who has watched it. :)

Yay Spirk! <3

Into Darkness is strong on the K/S side, but weak when it comes to the rest ...

The third one actually has some good scenes, but it doesn't feel like Star Trek anymore, with too many unnecessary actions scenes and violence and whatever. No time for characterization :(

(Also, I dislike them for a certain pairing *cough*)

I tried watching some episodes of Discovery, but I was so annoyed by the darkness (can't the afford to turn on the lights on a starship?) and the "uuuuuh, we are so dark and gritty, look at us!" that I decided that wasn't for me.

(Also, I very much do not believe it makes sense for Spock to suddenly have a sister.)

4 hours ago, Gluria said:

Into Darkness is strong on the K/S side, but weak when it comes to the rest ...

The third one actually has some good scenes, but it doesn't feel like Star Trek anymore, with too many unnecessary actions scenes and violence and whatever. No time for characterization :(

(Also, I dislike them for a certain pairing *cough*)

I actually found the K/S aspect of 'Into Darkness' disappointing! I thought the 2009 one had a lot more meaningful interaction between them that I enjoyed. I also dislike that certain pairing, though, so I feel you. :P To be honest, I think my favourite thing about AOS is the interaction between Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto in the press junket. 

4 hours ago, Gluria said:

I tried watching some episodes of Discovery, but I was so annoyed by the darkness (can't the afford to turn on the lights on a starship?) and the "uuuuuh, we are so dark and gritty, look at us!" that I decided that wasn't for me.

Ugh, that does sound annoying. I think a lot of reboots of old things think they have to be dark and gritty the whole time and they lose the levity and flamboyancy of the original - which is a big part of what people loved about the original! It always seems to happen. They often want things to be slick with high production value, too, when honestly, I think usually the quaint, low-budget sets and stuff contribute to the charm of the original. 

TOS forever. The trio of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy is pure, irreplaceable gold.

I also favor DS9.

My mom literally raised me on TNG. You can imagine my excitement for the upcoming Picard series. I also like the alternate reality Star Trek movies. I know that the fandom at large seems to hate them, but I found them enjoyable.

It took me a while to warm up to Abrams' reboot movies. I downright hated them as a teenager, but I like them now, and I approve the Spock/Uhura thing. It makes sense to me. The forbidden student-teacher relationship has always appealed to my sensibilities, for some reason. I like the friendship of Kirk and Spock, but to me, it's always seemed silly to imagine homoerotic subtext between two straight guys, one of whom is nearly always sexually repressed. Just my opinion. I thought Sulu's husband in Star Trek Beyond was a nice touch, though.

Anybody ever done Star Trek cosplay before? I used to go to the conventions in Las Vegas. I went as a female TOS-era Vulcan one year, and Jadzia Dax another. Terry Farrell was there and said I was gorgeous, and I nearly died.

Anybody watch Star Trek: Picard?  I really enjoyed it ... but then Jean-Luc has always been my favourite Star Trek Captain. Was great to see some familiar TNG faces even if only briefly - I hope they go back to Nepenthe at some point if there's a second season because I really liked Trio and Riker's daughter, she was one of my favourite new characters.  As far as other favourite new characters go, I liked Rios and his holograms. And Elnor!

Spoiler

I wish they hadn't killed off Hugh though - the character was criminally underused

Edited by foreverlokied224

To be honest I never watched old classic Star Trek, but I have watched Star Trek: Discovery. But I have to say I'm more a Star Wars fan. But I'm not picky on shows like this ;)

I love Star Trek! The only ones I haven't seen is Picard,  Below Deck, and Discovery since I don't have subscriptions necessary to view them. The Voyage Home had to be one of the funniest Trek movies I'd ever seen.